Young and Menace the companio...

Av tabbymac

this contains one shots, smut, deleted scenes and pictures from Young and Menace! Mer

introduction
πŸ”Ž : Pictures Liza would have on her wall
πŸ”Ž : Steve, Robin and Dustin's s letters
πŸ”Ž : Nancy, Mike, Lucas and Max's Letters
πŸ–€: Who knows Liza Better
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: Mike telling Will and El about the break up
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: Eddie's asking Liza to go to Reefer Ricks
πŸ–€ : How Steve and Liza first met
βœ¨πŸ–€ : Liza and Eddie's Spring Break
πŸ–€ : Liza and Corroded Coffin
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Eddie's vest
πŸ–€ : Steve gets the love he deserves
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Liza being Max's safe place
πŸ”Ž: The nine months Steve's POV
πŸ–€ : A Very Henderson Christmas
πŸ–€πŸ”:Eddie seeing Liza's scars.
πŸ–€πŸ” : Liza's Tattoos
πŸ”πŸ–€ : Nightmare Club
βœ¨πŸ–€Starry date night
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Reunion
πŸ–€What if: Liza chose Eddie
πŸ–€ : Our Girl part one
πŸ–€ : Our girl part 2
βœ¨πŸ–€ : Our girl part 3
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Eddie's realizations
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : the Demogorgon
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž: sick day
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€: Robin gets forgiven
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Liza and the Five Stages of Greif
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Dustins POV
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Wills dead
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Bad Men and Coming together
πŸ”Ž1️⃣ : Elevens gone and Hospitals
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : The first show
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Wayne and Managing
πŸ”ŽπŸ–€ : Bikers and Leather
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž : Steve's grandmother
πŸ–€ : Wrong Accusations and Coming Clean
πŸ–€πŸ”Ž : Liza tells Eddie about the breakup

πŸ–€: Liza meets Steve's Parents

257 4 198
Av tabbymac

Trigger warning : this chapter includes Steve's shitty parents and what I assume to be the dynamic from the context clues we have been given. Please exercise caution if you continue to read. Nothing bad happens besides general controlling parents but I want to make sure you all are comfortable.

Liza knocked on the door to the Harrington house, she wasn't quite sure what to expect from tonight. When Steve had told her that she should meet his parents, Liza was hesitant. She knew next to nothing about them besides them being horrible parents and that Mrs.Harrington didn't trust her husband to go on trips alone. She knew she should have expected this at one point, afterall Steve knew her mom, she should know his parents but she wasn't prepared at all.

When Steve said that they would be going out for supper, Liza wanted so badly to back out. It wasn't the fact that they were going to a restaurant, it was the fact that they were going to some upscale restaurant that Steve's parents chose, meaning she couldn't get away with her usual band tee and jeans combo. The blonde had to find a dress to go out in, something that she asked her mother for help with. They managed to find a black dress, one that Liza felt comfortable in and was able to add her style to.

Liza was thankful when Steve opened the door, visibly relaxing as she took in her boyfriends outfit. He looked every bit as uncomfortable as Liza felt, but she couldn't deny that he looked good in his button up and sports coat. Steve stepped out of the house and shut the door before turning to actually look at Liza.

"Wow you look. . . " Steve trailed off, eyes wide as he took in the blonde, he wasn't quite sure what word to use. The dress was new for him, sure most girls wore dresses but he couldn't name a time he had ever seen Liza in one. Maybe she had worn one to Wills funeral but he wasn't there and she didn't go to Barbara's.

"Gross, I know." Liza wrinkled her nose, trying her best to ignore how naked she felt in the dress. "But it was the only dress that I semi liked so it's what we are stuck with."

"Gross? No! That wasn't what I was thinking at all." Steve shook his head, placing his hands on Liza's cheeks as he placed a quick peck to her forehead. "I was going to say that you look beautiful, not what I'm used to but you do look beautiful."

"Oh, uh, thank you. Where's your parents?" Liza asked, she had noticed that only Steve car was in the driveway and she really hoped that it didn't mean that they would all be in the same car together. That would be torture and she wasn't sure she could handle that on-top of dinner.

"Already left, apparently they wanted to meet us at the restaurant." Steve sighed and rolled his eyes. Liza nodded and grabbed Steve's hand, tugging him along to the car. "Why are we rushing to go meet the Harpy and Gargoyle?" Liza stopped, turning to look at Steve with a wide smile.

"Did you really just call your parents that? That's fucking hilarious." Liza laughed, almost doubling over as she tried to catch her breath. "But to answer your question, the faster we get there, the faster we can be done with this and end both of our misery. Then we can either come back here and hide away in your room or go back to my place and I can get out of this damned dress and we actually exist the way we want to."

"Oh we are so going to your place." Steve stated, rolling his eyes as he unlocked his car.

He didn't want to come back to his place when it didn't feel like a home. He had realized that when his parents were away and Liza was there, or even when the Party was there, it felt right. But when his parents were home it felt like he was invading a space he didn't belong in.

Liza went to wait for Steve to roll down the window so she could climb in before she thought better of it. Sighing, she pulled open the door and got in. She went to kick her feet up on the dash but stopped before her feet had gotten an inch off the floor. She could feel Steve's eyes on her, turning her head Liza found him staring at her confused.

"I hate dresses."

~x~

When Steve and Liza had found a parking spot, she looked at the front of the restaurant and cringed. It was clearly an expensive place, like even the water there cost more than her mother's car. Liza looked over to Steve, her hands clasped tightly in her lap as she tried to calm the shaking.

Steve placed his hand on hers, rubbing his thumb along her knuckles. He was just as nervous about this as she was. There was no telling how his parents would react to the blonde, or how they were going to act in general. His parents weren't exactly known for liking people who were different than them and Liza wasn't like them. Where they were snobby and judgemental, Liza was humble and accepting. Where they preferred to rub elbows with the wealthy and elite, Liza loved to hang out with her little brother and his friends.

The one thing he was most worried about was if something would be said to set Liza's temper off. The blonde had a short fuse when it came to many things and there was no telling what his mother or father might say that could detonate the bomb that lived in the girl.

"It will be fine, it's just dinner right?" Steve asked, he wasn't sure who he was asking but either way, neither answered. "Let's go, we are already a few minutes late."

The couple entered the restaurant and waited to be led to their table. Liza looked around as discreetly as possible, taking in the atmosphere and other patrons. Liza was used to feeling like an outcast, but this was a whole new level. She could feel the judgemental stares of everyone and she wanted to scream and rip off her own skin. Liza would rather face another world ending event from the Upside Down than deal with this, maybe she would get lucky and a Demogorgon would bust down the door.

When the waiter had brought them to the table, Steve's parents stood and came infront of Liza and their son. Liza had seen a few pictures of Mr and Mrs.Harrington but they didn't do any justice for how poised they looked in real life and she had never felt more intimidated in her life. She didn't have to wonder where Steve had gotten his good looks from, it was evident the genes in his family blessed him.

"Steven, we were beginning to think you were going to try and skip out of us." Mrs.Harrington looked to her son with a smile, it didn't reach her eyes and Liza had to fight the urge to roll her own. The woman turned her head to look to Liza and stuck her hand out, sizing the blonde up before settling on a face of haughty indifference. "Amelia Harrington and this is Clarke, you must be Nancy."

Steve's eyes widened, there was no way his mother had just said that. He had told his parents time and time again that he was no longer with Nancy and that he was with Liza. So either they didn't listen or this was a test for the blonde and he wasn't sure which was worse. Steve looked to Liza, she was smiling but he knew her well, that smile wasn't an awkward one or even an embarrassed one. No that was the smile Liza usually reserved for people like Tommy and Carol, one of passive aggression, one that said: challenge accepted. Steve gulped and prayed that this was the only slight against the blonde.

"My name is Liza, actually. But I can understand how you might not know that." Liza shook Amelia's hand, pulling away and not so subtly wiping her palm on to her dress. Steve knew that move all to well, he had seen his father do it countless times and had even done it himself when he first met Liza. "Afterall, I'm sure the last time you talked to Steve, he was dating Nancy. That was what, love? About four. . .maybe five months ago? But you two are so busy, how can I expect you to keep tabs on who your son's dating."

Liza knew that Steve had talked to his parents, she had been there when he talked to them. She had every intention of going into this dinner keeping the peace and being respectful, she didn't want to cause any problems with her boyfriends parents so soon into the relationship. However, Amelia had thrown the first verbal stone and Liza was never one to back down from a fight.

"Why don't we sit down, the waiter should be by to get us some drinks soon." Clarke stated, looking between his wife and his sons girlfriend. He could sense that this was going to be a long night and he needed alcohol if he was going to watch Amelia drive away a girl they barely knew.

While Clarke immediately sat down, Steve pulled Liza's chair out for her. She raised an eyebrow at him but Steve just winked and she knew it was a dig at his father's lack of affection towards his mother. Liza smiled at her boyfriend, sitting down and tilted her head so Steve could kiss her cheek. Amelia watched the interaction with a stiff back as she placed her napkin on her lap, she had to fight back the scoff as Steve placed a kiss to the girls hair before sitting in his own seat.

"So, Liza. Is that short for Eliza?" Amelia asked, eyes boring into Liza's. She hated nicknames, she hated that everyone called her son by Steve and not Steven.

"Close, it's short for Elizabeth." Liza answered, she felt Steve's hand rest on her thigh and she interlocked their fingers together. It was a silent way of telling her that he was there for her, that he was going to back her up no matter what

"Elizabeth is a beautiful name, why go by Liza?" Clarke furrowed his brows and so far it was the only similarity Liza could see between Steve and his father. The blonde wasn't quite sure how to feel about the man yet, so far he seemed to be a man trapped in a relationship and he was just trying his best to keep his mind but the night was still young.

"My grandmother started calling me Liza when I was younger and it stuck. Plus Liza sounds better than Elizabeth, my full name sounds too . . . Posh for my liking." The blonde wrinkled her nose at the man. Clarke grimaced and opened his mouth to continue on but they were interrupted by the waiter. Liza snuck a glance over at Steve and raised a brow but he just shrugged, he was just as confused about the name questions as she was.

Once they had given their drink orders, Liza waited for the next question or comment. She wasn't dumb, she knew what this night had turned in to. Amelia had already decided that she didn't like the blonde and Liza was sure Clarke held the same sentiment, so this was no longer a meeting of their sons girlfriend but a way to try and drive her away because she didn't fit the Nuclear image they had in their head. Liza was sure they imagined a meek girl beside their son, one they could manipulate and shape into something she wasn't, one that would give them the perfect image and would only speak when spoken to. Something Liza was not. The blonde didn't have to wait long for the next verbal attack as Amelia cleared her throat.

"So, Elizabeth. I noticed you have a very, interesting style. Were the boots a style choice?" Amelia cocked her head to the side. She had noticed the blondes choice in foot wear as they walked up to the table. A pair of scuffed up combat like boots that looked like they had been well worn. Amelia thought the girl would have the decency to atleast wear flats if she wasn't going to wear heels.

"Liza is fine, thank you. And it was less of a style choice and more they were the only pair of shoes I own that aren't either sneakers or covered in mud stains." Liza stated. Sure she could have borrowed a pair of her mother's heels but where was the fun in that. Her Doc Martin's were sitting there calling her name and who was she to say no?

"Mud? Do you play any sports?" Clarke asked, maybe his son has gotten together with an athlete. That would have been better than what his wife has originally described: a Black Sabbath groupie.

Both his and Amelia's eyes widened slightly when Liza had told them that no she didn't, but she did get very involved in her brothers Dungeons and Dragons game that they sometimes roleplayed. It was a half truth, she did get involved, just not in the game but in the real life nightmare that they used the game to help understand it. Liza was sure that they could see the scars on her body and that it was another con on the probably very long list.

"Steve tells us you want to be a journalist, are you going to go to college for that?" Amelia's tone was so fake that Liza didn't even bother to hide her eye roll this time.

Nancy wanted to be a journalist, something that Liza respected about the girl but she would never want to be in that field. The blonde was coming to realize that Amelia had liked Nancy, and this was her telling Liza that she thought Nancy was better for her son than she was. If Liza wasn't so confident in herself, she may have actually believed it aswell. But Liza knew that while Nancy was an amazing person, she and Steve were not good together. If not because Nancy didn't love him but because she didn't offer the thing Steve needed most, a family and someone who appreciated the protection while also protecting him. The blonde didn't fault Nancy for that, some people just don't work out and she only felt slight guilt for being happy that they didn't. Liza also refused to be compared to any other girls, especially when it was used to tear one of them down.

"No, you're getting me mixed up with Nancy again. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, maybe a teacher or a nurse. Something that helps people." Liza shrugged, watching as Amelia and Clarke looked at each other with frowns.

The waiter came back with their drinks and asked if they were ready to order, Liza took the chance while Amelia and Clarke were distracted to look at Steve again. He had a grin on his face as he stared at back the blonde that had her blushing. He had never seen someone go toe to toe with his parents like this and something about it made him proud to say that Liza was his girlfriend. Liza raised her brow at Steve but he just shrugged and sipped at his water. The younger couple gave their orders and thanked the waiter before he left.

It seemed as if Amelia had run out of things to throw at Liza. She had already made comments about the girls style, tried to make her feel uncomfortable by bringing up Nancy and how she would have been the perfect person for her one to marry but Liza pretty much laughed them all off and had an answer to everything.

There was one thing she hadn't tried yet however. Amelia had done a little digging on who Liza Henderson was, who her family was and their dynamic and she was sure that this is what would get Steve to see that the girl was no good. If this didn't work, she wasn't sure what would.

"So, Liza. You said you have a brother, younger I presume?" Amelia raised her brow over her glass of wine. Liza nodded and gripped Steve's hand under the table like it was a life line, this was entering dangerous territory for everyone involved. "Is he your only sibling?"

"By blood yes, Dustin is my only sibling but I see his friends as siblings as well, especially Max. They're around enough that they might as well be." Liza stated, her eyes were narrowed and daring Amelia to say something bad about the kids. One wrong word and the Harpy was going to learn what Liza's fist felt like in the face.

"One of those kids being Nancy's younger brother, I wonder how she feels about her ex boyfriends new girlfriend's relationship with her younger brother." Amelia not so subtly whispered the last part to her husband before looking back at Liza with a tilted head. "Is he how you came to meet Steven?"

"Yes, Mike is one of the kids and no, I met Steve in school but became friends with him due to Nancy actually
Who doesn't care how I treat her younger brother because she also has a good relationship with her brother." Liza answered. Steve's eyes bounced between his mother and girlfriend, silently begging who ever was listening to make sure that Amelia didn't say something wrong.

"I see, what about your parents? Are they in the picture?" Son of a bitch.

"My mother is. She and my dad got a divorce a couple years ago and it's just been us since then." Liza sniffed, she could feel something clawing at her stomach and she knew that she had to keep it down while in such a public setting.

"So no father figure in either yours or your brother's lives." Amelia tutted, a mocking pout on her lips. "How has that affected the both of you?"

"Well my mother stepped in where she could, otherwise it hasn't really done any damage to me. I can't speak for Dustin in that area but I think he is finding other ways to cope." Liza felt Steve rub his thumb along her knuckles but it wasn't doing its job of keeping her calm. The blonde could feel her blood starting to boil and she was hoping the food would come quicker so she could eat and calm down enough to finish this meeting.

"Like latching himself on to my son? I've heard that Steven has been around the boy alot-"

"Mom. Enough." Steve ground out. Liza's head whipped over to see Steve's jaw clenched and she realized that he was angry.

Steve's eyes were narrowed as he stared down his mother. Just like Liza, Steve found himself having a short fuse when it came to someone talking bad about the kids but it was especially short when it came to Dustin. The boy had been the catalyst to alot of things in his life, his change from a total douchebag to the man he was now, his relationship with Liza, the other kids coming into his life. Dustin was the little brother Steve had always wanted, and he wouldn't change a single thing since the boy had come into his life. So just the thought of where his mother's sentence was heading was enough for him to cut it off before it could get there.

"I'm not doing anything, Steven. Just making an observation." Amelia didn't even spare her son a glance as she kept her eyes locked on to Liza. "I'm just saying, maybe one of the ways your brother has coped is by using my son. Kind of in the same way you use my son?"

"Amelia. . ." Clarke tried to interject but the woman raised her hand to silence him. The man sighed and took a sip of his whiskey, sure he wasn't a fan of the blonde sitting beside his son but he wasn't going to accost her in a restaurant but clearly his wife was and he wasn't going to stop her. Better Liza then him.

"And how are me and my brother using Steve?" Liza asked, digging the nails of her free hand into her palm.

Liza was not using Steve, Dustin wasn't using Steve. They never asked him for anything unless it was serious or something small. Anytime they did or were given something bigger from him was purely because he offered. Every sleepover was because Steve offered, every day spent out was because he offered. Liza was itching for a reason to jump across the table and smack the Chanel right off of Amelia Harrington, she was just waiting for the right moment to feel justified in her feelings.

"Well, I have been told by some little birdies that my son has hosted you and your brother at our house some nights, along with the gaggle of children that you seem to have around you. Have you ever stopped to think that you are using my son as a father figure for your brother while also soothing your Daddy issues?" Amelia leaned forward, whispering the last part with venom. She felt vindicated when she saw the already lit fire behind the eyes of Liza grow larger, she wanted the girl to have an outburst and embarrass herself infront of all these people. The only problem with that was that Liza wasn't the type to get embarrassed easily and she would gladly show her face tomorrow knowing the whispers meant nothing to her.

"Shut up." Liza practically growled. She placed her hands on the table, standing up slightly so she was leaning over Amelia. No longer holding Steve's hand meant she no longer had her grounding force and all bets were off. "You know nothing about Dustin and I, or how we view your son."

"Oh don't I?" Amelia chuckled coldly, looking up at Liza with a mask of indifference. "You have no idea what I know about you and the kids you hang around. You are nothing more than some grungy punk who is a passing phase for my son, something to say he did and regret when he's older and I can say the same about the gaggle of miscreants you care so much about."

"One more word about those kids and I swear-" Liza began but she is stopped when she heard Steve slam his hand on the table.

"Don't you fucking dare say anything about those kids!" Steve practically yelled, making heads whip towards the scene that was forming. Amelia's eyes widened, this was not the scene she wanted or expected. She never had she ever seen or heard her son raise his voice towards her and she couldn't understand why he was doing it for a group of children, let alone kids that - as far as she was concerned - were all destined for jail or low end jobs.

"Don't you raise your voice towards your mother!" Clarke scolded but it was clear that Steve was not going to listen to him when Steve scoffed. That was as much defending as Clarke has in home for the woman.

"No, she doesn't get to talk about them or Liza like this." Steve shook his head, not taking his eyes off of his mother. Liza watched as Steve took a sip of water before narrowing his eyes and leaning towards the woman. "You have no clue what those kids have gone through, what Liza has gone through. You don't get to play the role of concerned mother when you have barely been around to care!"

"Oh, so I'm a bad mother now?" Amelia rolled her eyes, cocking her head to the side before looking to Liza. She refused to take the blame for this. "You know, I think you're a bad influence o-"

"No. You're done talking to her, you're talking to me now." Steve spat, pointing to himself. Liza placed her hand on Steve's shoulder, a silent way of telling him she was more than okay with jumping back in. Steve huffed out a breath and rolled his neck, but he let Liza take the reigns.

"I'm a bad influence? That's fucking hilarious!" Liza chuckled, it was empty and cold. She was ready for blood, whether it was from verbal wounds or her breaking the obvious nose job but she didn't care. Just as long as she saw red.

Clarke's eyes bounced between Steve and Liza, he was slowly realizing that he and his wife were fighting a loosing battle. It was clear that the young couple were ready to go to war for each other and to them, this was war. He was slightly turning sides, anyone who put Amelia in her place was good in his books.

"Yes, you are. He would have never talked to us this way before you!" Amelia pointed her finger in Liza's face. The blondes eyes zeroed in on the offending finger and she briefly wondered what would happen if she tried to bite it off. Red. Liza focused her eyes back on to Amelia's face and leaned closer.

"In the time I have known Steve, he has gone from a carbon copy of you two - a cold, narcissistic asshole who would of fathered die than be caught dead with someone like me - to a caring and genuinely sweet guy who would lay down his life if it meant that I could live mine. I have watched him care and fight for and beside people who a year ago he wouldnt have even spared a glance at. The Steve I know is twice the person either of you would be. If anything, I'd say I've been a pretty damn good influence." Liza huffed, now fully standing as she glared down her nose at the woman. She was panting, her eyes held the same wild manic stare that she had when facing down Demogorgons.

"You have no right-"

"She has every right." Steve interrupted his mother, standing up beside Liza and tossed a twenty on to the table. "It's you two that don't have the right. You have done nothing but insult Liza and act like she's beneath you. Clearly this was a mistake, so we are leaving. I'm going to Liza's tonight, maybe I'll see you guys tomorrow, maybe I'll see you whenever you're back in Hawkins. Either way, I'll be with a family that clearly cares more about my happiness then my own parents."

Steve grabbed Liza's hand and led her out of the restaurant. She had never seen Steve so angry, she had seen him be mad when protective, she had seen him be pissed off when jealous but this? This was a new level, his chest was heaving and he had a scowl on his face. To be fair, Liza was also livid. Amelia could have said whatever she wanted about the blonde, she could have said the very worst and Liza would have let her with a smile on her face. However the woman made a fatal mistake in bringing the kids up, anyone with half a braincell would know that attacking the kids was a play on their life when it came to Liza. She had gone to bat for those kids many a time against monsters and she didn't care of it ended up killing her in the process. A human was like an ant to her.

Once they stopped infront of his car, Steve spun around to look at Liza. His vision was less blurred now as his anger faded and was replaced with worry. He wouldn't be surprised if Liza wanted to break up with him now, he wouldn't blame her. The dinner was an ambush and he had led her straight in like a lamb to slaughter, even if he wasnt aware of it himself. He sat and listened as Liza was compared to Nancy and belittled in the way only his mother could do. He only jumped in at the last moment and he felt horrible that he hadn't defend her sooner.

Steve pulled Liza by her hand, right into his chest as he hugged her. If this was the last moments of their relationship, he wanted to remember how she felt in his arms. How she was short enough that he could rest his chin on her head, that she smelt earthy and like heaven, how she rested her forehead against his chest. He wanted to remember it all even if it would hurt him everytime he thought about it.

"I'm so sorry." Steve whispered into her hair, holding her as tight as he could with out hurting her. He could hear and feel Liza try to talk but it was muffled by his jacket, he pulled away but kept her in his arms. The blonde looked up at him, Steve could usually read her face better than anyone but right now he was at a loss.

"Not that I don't appreciate the apology and the hug, but what do you have to be sorry for?" Liza furrowed her brows in confusion. Was he apologizing for his parents or for himself?

"For that, I should have known this would happen and she started saying things about Dustin, and the others and I should have jumped in sooner and I completely understand if you want to break up-"

"Woah, slow down." Liza spoke while placing her hands on Steve's chest. He looked down at her, his eyes wide as he took in a deep breath. Liza sighed and moved one of her hands up to Steve's cheek. "No one's breaking up and you didn't need to jump in, though I do appreciate it. I had a feeling your mom was going to be a bitch, I just wasn't expecting that and it's definitely not your fault."

"So you're not breaking up with me?" Steve asked, needing the reassurance. He felt something clawing at his chest and he realized it was anxiety.

"I'm not breaking up with you." Liza laughed, bringing her other hand up to his face. Steve leaned down to place a kiss to her forehead, nose and then mouth. "I can definitely see why you call them the Harpy and Gargoyle though."

Steve laughed and rested his head on top of hers, taking the moment to get rid of the rest of his anger. He had never stood up to his parents before and this was a whole new experience for him. Steve placed one more kiss on to Liza's hair before telling her to get in the car. Steve laughed as the girl begrudgingly opened the door then stared at the dash board with a frown.

"Maybe you should wear dresses more often." Steve suggested teasingly, letting his eyes flicker down for a second. Liza turned to raise her eye brow at him, noting the grin he was wearing. "Means I don't have to worry about you putting your feet up on my dash."

"Don't test me Harrington, I'll do it right now." Liza huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. Steve looked down at her legs then back up to her eyes before narrowing his eyes in challenge. "You think I won't?"

"In a dress? Absolutely not." Steve leaned closer to Liza, their faces inches apart. He knew should would but he didn't get to call her bluff often and he was going to take this opportunity.

Liza smirked and kicked her feet up on to the dash, never looking away from Steve. She could feel the skirt of her dress slide against her thighs, not enough to be indecent but enough that it rested on the tops of her legs. She didn't miss the way Steve clenched his jaw as he fought to keep his eyes on hers, nor did she miss the way his fingers twitched in her peripheral.

"What exactly are you wearing under your dress?" Steve asked in a whisper. He wasn't quite sure what he would do with the answer but he needed to know.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Liza responded, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"I would, that's why I'm asking Darlin'." Steve watched as Liza bit her lip. If she didn't stop doing that, Steve was going to do it for her.

"Well, since you asked." Liza sighed with a teasing roll of her eyes, then she pulled her dress up more to reveal a pair of spandex shorts. She burst out laughing as Steve almost choked, clearly not expecting her bold move nor the reveal of shorts. "Do you think I'm stupid enough to wear a dress and not take the precautions just incase something happens?"

"I don't think you're stupid at all. A menace to society and my nerves? Absolutely. But not stupid." Steve shook his head then pulled Liza in by the back of her neck for a quick kiss. He pulled away, settling in his seat then turning the car on. Liza smiled and fixed her dress as Steve drove. Five minutes passed before Liza turned her head to look at Steve.

"You should see what's under the shorts." Liza watched as Steve knuckles turned white on the steering wheel.

~x~

When the couple reached the Henderson home Steve was a bit disappointed to find that they weren't alone, effectively putting a stop to his plans of getting Liza out of those shorts. Claudia's book club had finished early so she was already home and Dustin and Lucas were on the couch playing with the Atari. Liza stopped in the living room while Steve continued on, she stood watching the t.v as the boys played a Mario game.

Suddenly the game was no longer going on and Liza felt the stares of her brother and friend. She turned to see them both with slack jaws and wide eyes, causing her to raise her brows in question. Lucas started to stutter as he tried to talk, clearly trying to compliment the blonde but not able to formulate his wording as Dustin busted out laughing.

"Holy shit! You look so weird!" Dustin giggled, holding his stomach as he leaned into Lucas. He couldn't remember the last time he saw his sister in a dress and this was like a gold mine to him, especially with how stunned Lucas was.

"Watch the language!" Claudia called from the kitchen.

"Don't listen to him, Liz. You look good. It's a nice dress." Lucas rambled. "I mean you always look good but this is different. Not a bad different just you don't usually wear dresses. I'm gonna stop talking now."

Liza tried to hold back a smile at the boys word vomit, failing slightly when he started to defend himself when Dustin asked him if he was hitting on his sister. The blonde walked over to the couch, smacking Dustin on the back of the heat as she kissed Lucas's cheek.

"Thank you, Lucas. That's very sweet of you to say. Steve and I will be in my room if you boys need us." Liza waved as she went to her bedroom. She could hear the boys bickering as she left. She found Steve lounging on her bed as she entered, he had already changed out of his clothes and into a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt. "I think I broke Lucas."

"How'd you do that?" Steve asked, propping his head up. He couldn't help but laugh as Liza gestured to her dress covered body. "Well, can't say I blame the kid. You do look really good in that dress."

Liza rolled her eyes as she grabbed her change of clothes and threw them on the bed. Steve watched as she tried to reach back and pull down the zipper. After a few moments of her struggling, he stood from the bed and turned her so her back was facing him. Liza went to protest but Steve shushed her and told her that he would do it.

Liza felt him grab the zipper and start to pull down slowly, his fingers brushing against her skin and leaving a trail of goosebumps. The room felt ten times hotter than before and Liza was having a hard time keeping her breathing steady. She had to remind herself that her family was right outside her door, otherwise Liza would have told Steve to just rip the rest of it off. Afterall she wasn't gonna wear this dress again.

Steve was having his own problems, once the zipper had made its way passed her upper back he came to the realization that Liza wasn't wearing a bra. The full expanse of her back was on display and he found it very hard to focus. Once it was at the end he leaned forward and placed a kiss to her shoulder, then her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder.

"You have no bra on." Steve whispered causing Liza to burst out in laughter.

"Astute observation there, Love." Liza giggled. She wiggled herself free from him arms and turned towards the bed. She slipped the dress off and threw on her shirt. She did the same with her shorts as she replaced them with her pajama bottoms. Red lace was what was under the shorts apparently.

"As much as I loved the dress i think I prefer you like this." Steve stated, coming up behind Liza so he could wrap his arms around her shoulders. She placed her hands on his arm as she tilted her head back.

"You prefer me in my pajamas?" Liza questioned, a smile on her face.

"I prefer when you look like you." Steve answered, making Liza blink at how fast his answer came. "The dress was nice, you looked amazing in it but I like when I can look out into a crowd and I'm able to pick you out just by your band shirt, or flannel. I like that you wear whatever makes you feel good and not what everyone else thinks looks good."

"So what I'm hearing is that you're type is a grungy punk with a gaggle of miscreants and not the perfect girl who would have made the perfect wife?" Liza teased Steve with the words his mother had said. He rolled his eyes, turning the blonde around so he could push her on to the bed.

"You are hearing that almost correctly." Steve spoke as he crawled on top of Liza. He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear as he gazed into her eyes. Liza felt her heart rate pick up, the way the boy was staring at her had butterflies swarming her stomach. She reached a hand up to place it on Steve's cheek, he turned his head slightly to press a kiss to her palm while keeping his eyes on her. "What you are actually hearing is that my type is my rocker chick girlfriend, who is perfect for me and who will make an amazing wife and has given me a real family with her gaggle of sometimes amazing kids."

"You took that proposal comment to heart didn't you?" Liza joked, it was her attempt to cover the overwhelming emotions that were flying through her body but there was no hiding the tears and smile on her face.

"I take everything you do and tell me to heart." Steve whispered.

a/n: I wanted to show Steves parents and their dynamic. I also thought we should see Liza meeting them. I have no clue if Nancy has ever met Steve's parents or if they knew about her but I assumed that they would have preferred her over Liza. Also I gave his parents names because they don't have any in the show. I also chose actors to play them which you can see below.

Amelia Harrington.

Clarke Harrington

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

367K 7.7K 46
In which Hawkins resident slut uses the resident freak to numb the pain of loosing her asshole boyfriend. Started: June 20, 2022 Finished: September...
37.3K 320 20
stranger things character short stories characters!! gareth steve Robin Dustin eleven/Jane will Jonathan Nancy eddie lucas Max Argyle Mike (y...
38.9K 405 80
imagines from all seasons! requests are open! !!STRANGER THINGS SPOILERS!!
12K 222 36
our souls will forever be cursed. eddie munson x fem!oc stranger...