Heir: Park Seonghwa

By moonlight_woo

Hyerim is apart of the most feared group of assassins in all of Kular. Their mission....over throw the King a... More

๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–˜
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•บ๐–“๐–Š
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฟ๐–œ๐–”
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฟ๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–š๐–—
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•พ๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฐ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฟ๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฐ๐–‘๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฟ๐–œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–›๐–Š
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Ž๐–—๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–š๐–—๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–‹๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•พ๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“๐–™๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–‘๐–”๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š

๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•น๐–Ž๐–“๐–Š

15 0 0
By moonlight_woo

THE TENSION IN THE PALACE is so thick that even a knife couldn't cut through it. Eversince King Sanghoon collasped...everyone had been a bit shaken up, especially the Prince. So much so that he has been isolating himself in his chamber...rarely to seen be outside of them. Even Hyerim doesn't see him very much outside of his chamber, and she understands that feeling so well. The wanting to alone and isolate from people who love and care about you. She knows it all to well...but she wasn't going to let Seonghwa to that to himself.

   Hyerim stands in front of Seonghwa's closed chamber doors, fisted hand hovering over it...debating wether or not this was a wise choice. But she couldn't let Seonghwa sit in there all alone...suffering in silence, she couldn't....she wouldn't. Hyerim knocks on the door, before anymore doubts could enter her mind. She then waits for somesort of an answer...but there's nothing, just complete silence.

  A sigh leaves Hyerim's mouth as she opens the door. Her line gaze soon lands on the Prince, who was sitting behind his desk with a glass in had...obvisouly filled with some sort of alcoholic beverage. "Your Highness." She spoke stepping closer to the desk, Seonghwa looks up at her. Dark circles decorate the under side of his eyes, letting Hyerim know that he wasn't getting enough sleep; her heart clenches seeing him like this. She clears before speaking again "I suggest you come out and eat something." "I'm not hungry." He says, bringing the glass up to his lips. But before he is able to take a sip, Hyerim snatches the glass his grasp, also taking the bottle from his desk.

   After she sets the glass bottle and cup with the other alchol filled bottles, she sighs "I never got to say goodbye..." Hyerim started, truning around to face him again. "I never got to say 'I love you' for the last time when my parents passed..." Tear begin prickingly at her eyes, recalling those horriable memories from when she was younger. "be-because they were already dead when I found them. But you-" She emphizes by pointing at Seonghwa, causing him sit up straighter...suddenly feeling sober. "you got to say those things to you mother and...and now possibly your father."

   Tears roll down her cheeks as she continues "But you're in here, doing god knows what! When you should be beside him and enjoy the time you have together...because if you don't....you'll regret it." She wipes tears away with the back of her hand. "So...Seonghwa...please...please come out, eat something and see your father before it's to late." Hyerim begs him.

   She turns away from Seonghwa...suddenly realizing that's she's crying in front of the Prince of Kular, wiping the rest of the tear from her cheeks. Seonghwa's facial features soften at the girls words and tears as he stands from the chair and walk over to her.

    Once he's standing in fornt of Hyerim, her hand is covering her eyes as glistening tears continue to decorate the apples of her cheeks. Seonghwa takes hold of her hand and gently removes it from her face. "I'm very sorry you had to go through that, Hyerim." He says, bringing his hands back to her face...delicatly wiping her tears away with his thumbs. Hyerim feels her heart skip multiple beats, heat raises to her face that finally rests at the tips of her ears. "I will do as you say, but please...please don't cry." He tells her.

   Hyerim's breath catches in her throat, when she realizes how close the prince actually is and her mind goes completely blank on what she was going to say...or maybe she wasn't going to speak at all. Nevertheless, Hyerim suddenly find herself admiring the man standing in front of her. From his perfectly shaped lips, to his eyes that seemed to hold entire galaxies...how was that even possible? Hyerim had no idea...but my god was he beautiful and she only noticing that right in that moment.

   Then its almost like someone else takes over her body. One of her hands move to Seonghwa's nape as she raises to her tippy toes, bringing her face closer to his. The prince doesn't move nor does he try to puch Hyerim away, in fact he does quite the opposite; his eyes flutter shut as his hand travels down to the curve of her waist (ever so gently bringing her closer to him).

   But just as their lips are about to touch, a voice telling Hyerim to stop rips through her head adn the reality of what she's doing hits her. Hyerim stops what she's doing and pulls away, putting more space between her and Seonghwa. She clears her throat, as a thick tension settles in the air around them. "Ummm...I-I should go." She says, walking past the prince to the doors. Hyerim opens the door, but before she steps, she turns back to face Seonghwa once more. "Please, make sure to eat something, before seeing your father." She reminds him before finally leaving his chambers, shutting the door behind her.

   Seonghwa breaths out a sigh, raking a hand through his hair as went to lean on his desk. His heart pounds loud and hard against his ribacage, as he thinks to the events that just unfolded; from the way Hyerim looked at him, to the way he could still feel the heat of her touch. Seonghwa's mind then goes back to that morning in the garden...Hyerim words and the way they affected him. A sigh of disbelief escapses from Seonghwa's lips, not believing anything like this happening....he has fallen for his guard.

   Meanwhile...just outside of the prince's chambers, Hyerim was feeling the same amount of disbelief that Seonghwa was feeling. She was crouched down, hands gripping the roots of her hair, repeating the words 'Don't fall for his tricks. Don't fall for his facade'.

   But honestly Hyerim wasn't even sure she could believe those words anymore. At first the thought of killing the prince...excited her, finally riding Kular generations of pain and suffering, but now...it makes her heart clench. He was mothing like his father....he was better...so, so much better. Mingi...Hyerim had to find Mingi, she sould convice him that they don't need to kill Seonghwa.

   Hyerim stands from her crouched position, as a new type of determination takes over her body. The kind that will lead Kular to a better future.

    After atleast twenty minutes of wondering the halls of the palace, Hyerim finally spots the tall guard speaking to two other guards. She breaths out as she walks ove to the group. "Mingi.." Hyerim spoke, grabbing the attention of the three men "I need to talk to you." She elaborates, Mingi turns to the other two, asking them for pivacy. They abide to Mingi's oder and leave the pair alone. "What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He questions, hands behind back. Suddenly Hyerim grow nevous...Mingi was intimidating to say the least, especially when she remembers what he told her the day she left for the palace. But she pushes his words to the back of her mind, sollowing the lump in her throat before finally speaking again.

   "We don''t need to kill the Pince." Hyerim says, "What?" Mingi says, like he didn't hear her properly. She sighs, growing a bit frustrated "I said...we don't need to kill the Prince." She says a bit louder for Mingi to hea better. His jaw clenches and a very displeased expression spreads across his face. "And why do you think that?" He questions in a demeaning tone. "Because he is absolutley nothing like his father...he's the complete opposite." Hyerim explains as calmly as she could, despite the anger raising inside her (due to the way Mingi was speaking to her).

   Mingi cocks an eyebrow up, in a questioning look....not buying anything Hyerim was telling him "And how do you know that?" Hyerim scoffs, rolling her eyes also "Because I'm his guard, idiot." A sigh of frustration leaves Mingi's mouth "That's not what I meant, Hyerim. How do you know that he's not just playing it up." He asks her.

   Hyerim is taken aback slightly by his question...but why was she? She had asked herself that exact question when she first arived. But now...since she has witnessed Seonghwa's kind and gentle personality...Hyerim truly believes that he is being geniune. "I...I tuly don't think he is." Hyerim concludes "You haven't witnessed nor have you seen his real...true personantily, not from the stories you've heard of him. So how could you know?" She fires back, jabbing her pointer into his chest.

   Suddenly Mingi's face lights up in realization "Oh...I see what's going on here." He says and suddenly Hyerim' nerves return...dreading the worst. "You're falling in love with prince....even though you were given the mission to kill him." And the worst he said. Hyerim's heart skips a beat at Mingi's revelation and she remains silent "Boreum would not be pleased to hear about this. She entrusted you to complete this mission and yet...you can't because you're to busy gazing into the prince's eyes."  He ranted.

   He pauses for a moment, obviously waiting for some sot of reply from Hyerim....but she says nothing. Mingi scoffs at her silence. "If you don't set your feelings aside and complete the mission....I won't hesitate to tell Boreum, that we have a traitor in out midsts." He threatens. And with that, he walks away....leaving Hyerim alone with her thoughts.

________________________________________

   Hello everyone!! Oh my god, this chapter is over a 1,000 words and I feel like my fingers about to fall off. But beside that I hoped you enjoyed these chapters....things are continuing to brew between, Hyerim and Seonghw and things are started to brew between her and The Midnight....guess you'll have to wait to see what happens. The next two chapters I am very excited to post, so look forward to chapter ten and eleven.

Here some Seonghwa eye apprecation, because his eyes do truly hold entire galaxies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 16.6K 65
โI will avenge all those innocent people who have suffered at his hands.โž Choi Diana knew that her father hated her for a sin she committed in her c...
16K 1.3K 12
Wooyoung didn't know what he did to deserve such a horrible manservant. With the weight of the kingdom over his head and the constant demands of his...
2.5K 223 27
In their world, kings, queens, kingdoms, treasures, pirates, outlaws, assassins. All sorts of people lived among one another. What happens when the...
26.2K 1.2K 40
[Updates Weekly!] Started: 04/06/23 Completed: - " " Prove your words " San whispered, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his mouth m...