𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

   A WEEK HAS PASSED SINCE THE MASQUERADE and durning that week Hyerim tried pretending nothing had happened...keeping distance between her and the Prince, and Seonghwa didn't question Hyerim's sudden change in behavior. But none of this changed the tension or the amount of unspoken words between the pair.

   Early afternoon is still over Kular and Hyerim was currently standing outside of the King's chambers, waiting for Seonghwa to step out.  As she waits Hyerim is left to her own thoughts, she mainly thinks back to the masquerade. Her heart clenches everytime she thinks of the expression on Seonghwa's face. Hyerim desperately wanted to say 'I have as well' to his confession, but she didn't...she couldn't; not when it goes against everthing she has been taught since she was young. 

   But...maybe  that was apart of falling in love, taking risks and not worrying about the consequences of it. Maybe...she just needed to takr that leap of faith and see where it took her.

   The door opening to Sanghoon's chambers, snaps Hyerim out of her thoughts; Seonghwa finally steps out of his father's room, a destressed expression evident on his face. "Is everything alright, your highness?" Hyerim asks, a sigh leaves from Seonghwa's lips as he stands next Hyerim (making sue to put enough space between them). "A couple months ago my father was in perfect health and now..." Hyerim takes notice of how his eyes gloss over with tears, her heart clenches at the sight "he's dying. My father is dying and they have no idea why." 

   A lump then forms in her throat, realizing she's part of the cause to his father dying, but she pushes those thoughts away "I'm very sorry to hear that, your highness." Seonghwa turns to her "Truly." She says, giving him reassuring smile. The Prince returns hers with a tight smile.

   It goes silent for a few moments, before Seonghwa starts speaking again "I think I'm going to return to my chambers. You can return to yours if you want." He says before walking away.

    Later that night Hyerim finds herself laying wide awake, unable to fall asleep. So many things were taking up her mind, she was begining to feel overwhelmed. Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest and her ears were starting to ring...she needed fresh. Hyerim stands up from the bed, grabbing her robe before leaving her chambers.

   Hyerim doesn't know what she was expecting, but right before she steps outside a very familiar figure stops her from doing so. The Prince is already standing there, also in his sleep wear...obviosuly he had also tried falling asleep but couldn't. 

    Hyerim stands right where she is for a few moments, trying to decide what she wanted to do. She was very close to deciding on just going back to her chambers...but she doesn't, instead she opens the doors and steps outside. She breaths out a sigh, before speaking "Trouble speaking?" Seonghwa turns around, a slight smile forms on his lips when his gaze lands on Hyerim. "Yes...I've had a lot on my mind resently." He answers, as Hyerim stands next to him. "Yeah...me too." She says in agreement.

    Then silence fills the air...heavy with tension and so many unspoken words they both wanted to say. Both of their minds were racing to think of something to say. "I'm sorry-" They both say at the same time, chuckles leaves their mouths. "You first." Hyerim says, before Seonghwa finally begins speaking "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncortable, with what I said at the masquerade." Hyerim's heart skips a beat at his apology...even though he had done nothing wrong. She smiles "There is no reason to apologize, your highness." She notices how his body language relaxs at her words "I...I have as well." She finally confesses. A shocked expression takes over Seonghwa's face "Really?" He questions as if he want confirmation. A chuckle leaves Hyerim's mouth "Yes, really. I guess...I was just taken aback by your confession, that I-"

    Before Hyerim is able to finish her sentence, she feels a hand cup her cheek and lips as soft as silk on hers. I takes a moment for her to process what's happening, but once she realizes that Seonghwa is kissing her, Hyerim istantly respond by matching his slow delicate pace. Hyerim's heart continues to poud agaist her ribcage, as one of her hands gravitate  to Seonghwa's nape and the other travels up his arm, pulling herself slightly closer to him.

    And just like that Hyerim wasn't thinking about anything else...because in that moment nothing else mattered.