𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

   THE MOON WAS HIGH ABOVE KULAR and The Midnight were begining their attack on the palace. And while they were travering the captial city of Kular, Hyerim and Seonghwa (along with everyone else in the palace) were fast asleep....unaware of the events that were going to take place.

   Hyerim's back was pressed against Seonghwa's front as his head rested on her shoulder and their hands interwoven together. But, for some odd reason Hyerim's eyes sprung, suddenly feeling as though something wasn't quite right. Her heart pounded against her ribcage and an uneasy feeling settled in the pit of her stomch, as she tried to listened to any sort of sound. "Seonghwa." Hyerim whispered, causing the prince to stir and tighten his hold around her. 

    She breathes out a sigh "Seonghwa." She said a bit louder, finally earning a reasponse in the form of a simple hum. "Something feels off." She tells him "How so?" Seonghwa asked, voice thick with sleep as his thumb rubbed circles on the back of her hand. "I don't know...I just...I just have this really uneasy feeling." Hyerim answered, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in before exhaling it (attempting to calm her racing heart).

   Seonghwa could feel how tense her body was...and could even feel the rapid pounding of her heart "Hyerim," He spoke, she hums in reasponse "look at me." She breathes out a small sigh, before turning her body  to face him. A slight smile forms on his lips, when his locks with hers "If anything is to happen...I will protect you." Seonghwa reassured Hyerim, taking one of her hands and placing his lips on her knuckles. A chuckle leaves for Hyerim's mouth "Not before I have to." She says with a playful smirk, moving closer to Seonghwa to connect their lips.

   But just before their lips, the pair hear commotion coming from outside the prince's chambers. They both spring up from their laying poistions as Hyerim's hand slid underneth the pillow, grasping onto her dagger. A voice then comes from the other then comes from the other side of the doors "Your Highness! The Midnight...they're here!" Seonghwa's heart drops to the floor at the guards words. Taking the dagger from under the pillow, Hyerim turns to Seonghwa "Stay here." She said before she bagan walking toward to the doors.

    Slight panic settles in the pit of Seonghwa's stomach "Hyerim." He called out...but she didn't stop. The prince breathes out a sigh, rushing over to her; when he does catch up, he grabs onto her wrist...stopping Hyerim in her tracks. She turns around, confusion written all over her face "Didn't I just say that I would protect you?" Seonghwa finally spoke and a slight smile grazes Hyerim's lips "Yeah, I know...but I'm the with the weapon." She acknowledged, holding up her dagger slightly. The prince chuckles lightly "Ok...well you got me there." 

  Silence then fills the around them, as their gazes remained on one another. Seonghwa then lifts his hand up, to cup Hyerim's cheek. He smiles as she leans into his touch "I love you, Hyerim." Her heart skips a beat, returning the smile "I love you too-" Suddenly the realization of why The Midnight were here, finally hits her. "Your father...you need to get to your father, before anyone else does." She tells him and Seonghwa nods in reasponse.