stolen smile - a mason mount...

By satellitehaaland

He sat down next to her, tears still streaming down my face. "I can't handle it anymore, it's torture." "What... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e

s e v e n

979 9 0
By satellitehaaland

She stepped aside as people crowded him, their fingers still intertwined. He mouthed a quick apology to her before entertaining the group of people. She smiled at the people who looked at her but otherwise was ignored by the majority. It was their first proper date outside of Mason's house but she had yet to speak to him properly without interruption.

"I might get a dog to keep me company next time we go out."

"What would you call it and what dog would you get?"

"Definitely a rottie! Apollo for a boy and Athena for a girl."

"I like that. I think we should do it. We could be dog parents." Florence looked over at him, a smile plastered on her face. She loved seeing his enthusiasm when he spoke about them and his ideas on what they could do together as a couple. "They'll have lots of room to run around in my garden."

He looked over, to see her looking at him, the smile on her face not faltering. "The dog is definitely living with me."

"No, my hypothetical dog, my flat."

"But think of all the space it'll have to run around at mine. You're always at mine anyways."

She was prepared to squabble about the dog that they didn't have together but was interrupted by a group of people shouting Mason's name. She gave him a smile and let go of his hand, stepping away from his side. A middle aged man standing a step away from the crowd looked at her, his eyes scanning her up and down. "Here love, some advice for you, standing around a famous footie player doesn't mean he'll fancy you and you'll become a WAG. You don't have the looks!"

Florence scoffed at the man's words. "Here love, I didn't ask for your advice but, just because you watch them play football week in, week out, it doesn't mean you know their personal lives."

Mason looked over at her as she smiled sarcastically at the man standing parallel to her. His raised his eyebrow at her and she shook her head. "Are you okay over there, babe?"

"Yeah all good, Mase! I'll meet you in the car, just need to call dad!"

"Alright, babe. Do you have the keys?"

The man began to babble his apologies at Florence, who shot him a quick look and shrug. "Guess your advice isn't applicable to me, thanks though."

Florence sighed as she got into the car. The temperature outside didn't agree with her and she was glad to find comfort inside Mason's warm car. The interaction with the man made her laugh and she couldn't wait to go back home and tell Aimee all about it. Dating a public figure came with its own set of unique challenges and she knew that it would cause a strain on their relationship if she didn't take interaction like that on the chin. Mason tapped gently on the window to grab her attention, giving her a little wave.

"What was that about, with that man?"

"Nothing, Mase, don't worry about it! It was a funny interaction."

He frowned, he had heard the conversation that happened and he knew if it had been the other way round, he would've been upset after an interaction like that. "Promise me it didn't upset you."

"Mase, I pinky promise that it didn't upset me. The only opinions that matter to me is yours and my dad's. Thank you for caring about me."
---
Mason walked up behind Florence, wrapping his arms around her waist. She had been laughing loudly at her phone whilst she cooked dinner. "What's so funny, babe?"

"Trent. He said he'd drop kick me in Concert Square because I said if he wasn't playing football, he'd deffo be in concert square asking people if they've got lemo."

Mason shuffled awkwardly and let out a small laugh. He knew that they were friends but not to that extent. He was happy to see her get along so well with his teammates but couldn't feel a slight insecurity at the idea of her being close to someone, who played for the team her dad supported since birth. Mason knew it was a silly insecurity and tried to brush it off. She had been nothing but good to him, constantly showing him off to everyone who would listen. To Mason, Florence could do no wrong but he still felt a hesitation.
---

sasha <3
Today 21:05

Come see me soon pls, I'm having
withdrawals from you Xxx

Stop spending so much time with
your boyfriend >:( xxx

are you not coming to Dec and
Mase's bday thing? xxx

miss you more though :(

What do you think of me,
Florence?

I'll be at yours getting ready as soon
as I arrive in the city xxx

so excited !!!! xxx

love u <3 xxx
Read 22:37

Love you sm. See you on friday! Xxx
--
Florence and Trent found themselves in Declan's living room dancing along as woman by Doja Cat played. Mason watched as they did a little dance in sync. Florence laughed as Trent got the words wrong but still continued to sing the song as loud as he possibly could. "Is it bad if a part of me is a little jealous?"

"Of what?" Luke asked. Mason's eyes fixated on the pair.

"Their friendship. I bet James would rather they be together!"

Luke looked over at Ben and then at Mason
and let out a laugh. "You're being stupid. They're mates, Mase. You need to stop caring about what other people think about your relationship. Clearly, Flossie doesn't and it's working for her!"

Mason sighed, he knew Luke was right and that he focused too much on other people's opinions rather than focusing on his actual relationship. He watched as more of his friends joined her and Trent singing and dancing. "Look on the plus side mate, we get along with her and we all love her. Couldn't ask for anymore, could you?" Ben added, as Luke nodded at Ben's words.

Florence looked over to the group of three, she had been aware Mason had been watching her for the past three songs. She had signaled for him to join them on multiple occasions but he had clearly not gotten the hint and continued to have a good time with her friends. The music and the buzz of the alcohol had been rushing through her body and she enjoyed her company. As soon as she heard the opening to 'The boy does nothing' by Alesha Dixon, she made eye contact with Sasha and a smile broke out on both their faces.

"Tune, this!" Jack shouted over the music, his accent thick. The two women danced and sang along to the music, reminiscing their childhood together, in which they obsessed with the song and choreographed multiple dances to it, alongside her sister.

The sudden memory of her sister overwhelmed her immediately and she found herself gasping for breath. She felt trapped, as if the walls were closing in on her. Her legs buckled under her and she fought hard to keep herself upright. She couldn't escape the thoughts of the events that she had buried, in order to avoid facing her reality. Sasha grabbed her Florence's arm and lead her into the garden, away from the bustling crowd, followed by Trent. Her skin was drained of colour that even her makeup couldn't hide it.

"Oh my god, Flossie. Are you okay? You nearly passed out on me."

Florence shook her head, unable to say anything as she attempted to catch her breath. She looked up at the night sky, watching the clouds float by, as Sasha and Trent spoke to her. She couldn't quite make out the words coming from her friends but she enjoyed the feeling of the cool air blowing against her skin. She felt a warm hand touch her back and she glanced over to see Mason. He smiled at Florence briefly and followed her gaze up to the sky. "Florence. What happened?" He spoke to her gently, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "I am going to stay by your side until you feel better, even if it takes like 12 years, I'll be sat here with you."

Florence sat in silence, she could feel and hear her heart beating. Mason continued to blabber and chat to her despite the lack of response, watching as a silent tear ran down from her eyes. "The three of us, we were obsessed with that song. I just feel like sometimes I forget her and I feel so fucking guilty. Like my life just continues and hers was cut short. I just got overwhelmed. She was my life for the longest and it's still strange to not wake up after a night of heavy drinking and calling her to debrief. Or to sit in the car with music playing, hearing her sing along very badly. She'll never get to see Tils grow up." Florence paused for a second, as Mason held her hand in his, lifting it up to plant a kiss on his hand. "Have you ever heard moments by One Direction?" Mason shook his head. "Beautiful song. She always joked that it would be her funeral song for me if I died first, now I can't think of anything more relatable to how I'm feeling right now."

Mason moved his hand up to her face, wiping the tears that fell. "You care for people in the most extraordinary way. You have so much love for everyone in your life and I am the luckiest person on the entire universe to know a soul as beautiful as yours."

"Thank you, Mase! I appreciate you so much"

"Come on babe, let's go dance and celebrate my birthday!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 1.8K 17
EDITING || ❝ DEAR CAN'T YOU SEE? IT'S THEM IT'S NOT ME! ❞ ( jack grealish x fem!oc ) ( 10.07.21 - 26.07.21 ) GREALISHS © 2021
38.9K 593 33
𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙄 𝙩𝙧𝙮, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝
42.2K 524 21
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 , 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦...
629K 3.9K 71
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐮𝐞 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 🤍 ------------------ - 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺, 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘣𝘴 - 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 - 𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳...