Taming His Stallion [BWWM]

By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Paege is a young woman known for understanding animals. Or more specifically, horses. She is hired by the bea... More

Taming His Stallion
1_Dream Trainer
2_The Garden of Florettes Bed n' Breakfast Inn
3_That ... was HER?
4_That Arrogant New Boss Of Mine
5_Stable Girl
6_The Apology
7_Angel
8_Homemade
9_His Demeanor
10_Grasp
11_Captor
12_A Night To Remember
13_Relieve
15_Silence
16_Clarity
17_Sweet Olives
A/N - 2021
18_Blissful Adventure
19_Unreasonable
20_Tolerance
21_Games
22_Regal
23_Together
24_Mr. Andrews
25_Wrecked
26_Acquaintance
27_Solace
28_Devastated
29_Little Tremors
30_Detention
31_Gravitation
32_Bare Minimum
33_Affinity
34_Enough
35_Harmony
36_Undeniable
37_Auction
38_Tempers
39_Friends
40_Mates
41_Gone
42_Breadcrumbs
43_Tightrope
44_Hopeless
45_Stay
46_Reflection
47_Aftermath

14_Bonding Time

13.4K 717 57
By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Danny

It was heartbreaking to know that Paege had been dealing with all these things alone. 

That she didn't confide in anyone about her loss and that the one person she had left in her life to grieve healthily with had left her. 

That I was the first person she'd told about it. 

It made me angry.

I leaned into the kiss, urgently but gently guiding the back of her neck so that her lips moulded into mine. 

There was something about this woman that I couldn't shake, that drew me in like light to moths. 

Whether it be because of her startling beautiful green eyes -- her intoxicating personality -- her ability to stand up to me despite the fact that I was intimidating to others, her elegance and gracefulness ... how captivating beauty ... or her love for horses.

Paege sat in my lap, raking her soft fingers through my hair. 

The action made me that much more aware of how close we actually were. 

Suddenly, she pulled away for air, breathing heavily as she did. 

I was saddened by the loss of contact but I was also happy to catch my breath.

My fingertips traced a line around her and neck the bottom of her chin, causing her to blush feverishly. 

I couldn't her but chuckle at her innocence. 

It was so refreshing.

"So what's the name of this sister of yours. I'd like very much to give her a piece of my mind of leaving my girl all alone." My mood suddenly went south at the thought.

"No, please don't, Daniel. Joslyn is hurt as much as I am. She's coping the only way she knows how." Paege defended.

"By leaving her baby sister alone - the only family she has left - to grieve on her own?" I held back my anger. 

The last thing I wanted was for her to be scared around me.

"I don't hold it against her. I just miss her more because of it." Paege cupped my cheek, bringing our foreheads together.

"I don't like that you've been dealing with this for so long on your own." I began. "You should have told someone."

With my forefinger, I traced her lower lip, flicking my gaze up to see a mischievous glint appearing in her olive eyes.

"And miss my chance to be vulnerable with you?" Paege placed a kiss on both my eyelids. "Never!"

I chuckled, inhaling her scent as pressing my nose in the hollow of her neck. 

The sound of neighing caught our attention, making us turn our heads at the same time.

Angel was there. 

He turned his head so that dark eye settled intensely on my gaze as though this were a staredown. 

I couldn't be sure but I thought it looked like he was brooding over something. 

I gathered Paege in my arms bridal style before hoisting her. 

She weighed nothing in my arms as we neared Angel's stall.

"I think your, boyfriend-" I indicated in Angel's direction. "-Doesn't like when I hold you."

"Daniel, Angel isn't accustomed to you yet that's all!" I lowered her feet to the ground so that she stood with her back against me. 

I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding those hips in place while she focused on Angel.

Paege extended her hand and as if on cue, he stepped closer and she was able to caress his neck. 

He snorted at the action, evoking giggles from her, in such a contrast to when Angel had first arrived on the ranch.

Paege sat on the ground just outside of his stall as Angel simultaneously lay down. 

She continued to pet him while I sat behind her so that her back was pressed into my chest and the crown of her head fit perfectly just below my chin.

Paege laced her fingers with mines around her waist before stretching it out slowly to Angel's lower jaw. 

He eyed us warily but because Paege held my hand, he allowed us to touch him. 

I realized that their bond was even stronger, post the incident that happened a while ago.

Angel neighed at the contact just in time for Paege to remove her hands, leaving mine alone on his lower jaw. 

It was the first I was really able to touch him and that made me a bit cautious as well as alert and excited.

With my available hand, I hugged Paege, bringing her closer to me so that I nuzzled her neck and placed a soft kiss at the hollow.

"You both remind me of Kamren and me when we were much younger." Paege tensed a bit against me.

"It's just mom," I said softly to her.

My mother came into our view. 

She wore a smile as that caused Paege to relax into me. 

She played with her hands while she examined us.

"I didn't mean to intrude." My mother said.

"It's ok mom, Paege and I were just having some bonding time with Angel," I said while Paege blushed up at my mother. 

I chuckled, just catching a glimpse of it.

"Kamren and I, we were just like you. We still are in some ways. Let me just say that it's nice to see you both opening up to each other because all that you'll find henceforth is the beautiful wilderness of your relationship."

"You did well with your son, Mrs. Andrews. He has a heart of gold though I have to fight him for it." Paege announced and I chuckled.

I was pleased by Paege's declaration. 

Baby ... you don't even have to try!

"Please ... call me Leighton. I am ecstatic that you think so. That ex-fiancé almost broke my boy but now I can see a rare and unfamiliar sparkle in his eyes and that's your doing. I can not thank you enough, my dear."

"It is I who should be thanking you, Leighton. So, thank you." My mother blushed, becoming a moderate shade of pink and though I was a bit annoyed at the mention of my ex, I couldn't help but smile at her reaction.

I couldn't be happier that Paege and my mother held each other in such high esteem, and were getting along splendidly.

"Let's hope Bell follows in your footsteps." My mother's gaze settled on me with a wary glance.

"Yes, let's hope in about ten years," I hollered, coaxing a laugh from them both.

"Daniel, she's young," Paege angled herself to me, her eyebrows lifted in question. "She has to experience life, whether you like it or not."

"That's what scares me."

"I will help her." Paege tilted her head so that her olive eyes gaze into mine.

"How can you?" I asked, baffled and curious.

"Before my father died, he would lecture me and my sister, Joslyn, about guys and believe it or not he made us a list."

"Oh dear, I'm sorry for your loss." My mother replied.

"Thank you, I think he would've like you and Mr. Andrews," Paege suggested.

"What about me?" I pouted.

"A pistol would've become his best buddy, every time you were at the door." Paege chuckled and so did I.

"What about your mother, if you do not mind me asking?"

Paege turned to Angel who stood silently as though listening and understanding what we were saying. 

She reached out to him, caressing his mane as he dipped his head to us.

"My mother died, before my father, of a broken heart," Paege revealed. "So now it's just Joslyn and me. She went away to study." 

I could feel as she held her breath. 

I kissed her cheek, wrapping my arms around her waist, holding her dear to me, hoping it would help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 18.8K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
46.9K 2.7K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
66.2K 2.8K 30
To him, she was the perfect definition of an angel. What would an angel like her want with a cowboy like him? Did he even stand a chance to win her h...
7.5K 221 34
My body trembled, but not from the cold. "You frighten me." His brow twitched, eyes darting around the features of my face. "Frighten, or excite?" Hi...