Healing Harper-MYGโœ”๏ธ

De crybabybarbie

A single mother of a newborn moves in next door to an exhausted surgeon cover idea by @nonamefetus Mais

#prologue.one#
#two#
#three#
#four#
#five#
#six#
#seven#
#eight#
#nine#
#ten#
#eleven#
#twelve#
#thirteen#
#fourteen#
#fifteen#
#sixteen#
#seventeen#
#eighteen#
#nineteen#
#twenty#
#twenty-one#
#twenty-two#
#twenty-three#
#twenty-four#
#twenty-five#
#twenty-six#
#twenty-seven#
#twenty-eight#
#thirty#
#thirty-one#
#thirty-two#
#thirty-three#
#thirty-four#
#thirty-five#
#thirty-six#
#thirty-seven#
#thirty-eight#
#thirty-nine#
#forty#
#forty-one#
#forty-two#
#forty-three#
#forty-four#
#forty-five#
#forty-six#
#forty-seven#
#forty-eight#
#forty-nine#
#fifty#
#fifty-one#
#fifty-two#
#fifty-three#
#fifty-four#
#fifty-five#
#epilogue#
##one##
##two##
##three##
##four##
##five##

#twenty-nine#

8K 422 174
De crybabybarbie

Stressed.

Yoongi feels stressed.

You'd think that he'd be relieved after such a long surgery. Such a tedious procedure.

You would think he'd feel some sense of relief after successfully performing such a risky extraction.

But it's times like this that he feels the weight of his gift.

That whole 'with great power, comes great responsibility' bit is really hitting home for him right now. Successful or not, the risk was still there.

As he rinses himself off in the shower, he wills his tears back. He always tells himself that he chose this life. He yearned for it. There is no reason to cry. Especially since it went so well. Right?

He saved somebody's life. He beat the odds. He used his education and his gift for good. He did what he should have.

So why does he feel so heavy?

Yoongi turns the shower off and steps out. He wraps a towel around his waist and grabs a hand towel to dry his hair.

Walking to his room, he forces himself to calm his thoughts.

He lotions his body and puts his boxers on before standing in front of his closet. He and Harper have a date today and he needs to be as present as possible. He doesn't want to be lost in his thoughts or only half aware of the conversations.

Yoongi wants to give her the undivided attention that she deserves.

With a sigh through his nose, he grabs a toffee colored sweater from a hanger. He puts one a tank top before putting that on. He grabs a pair of creme pants, shades darker than the top but they compliment each other well.

His hair air dries and he uses a light pomade to keep it from feeling or looking dry. It waves his hair up and the ends curl around the cuff of his ears.

He puts his shoes on and grabs his jacket before saying 'see you later' to Jewel.

With a nervous heart, Yoongi leaves his apartment and walks next door to his neighbor's. He knocks twice and Harper opens the door suddenly. She's dressed but looks to be in a frenzy.

"He's trying to crawl." She states with a blank expression.

"What?" Yoongi deadpans in surprise.

"He's rocking back and forth on his knees." She steps out of the way and gestures to him.

Yoongi looks past her to the infant on the floor.  Sure enough, Onyx is on his hands and knees. Holding the blue stuffie in one fist, the other hand is flat on the ground.

"Oh.. wow." Yoongi raises his eyebrows and smiles at him.

Onyx looks from the TV to the doorway. He smiles and his pacifier drops his mouth. He lays on his stomach and kicks his legs excitedly.

Yoongi chuckles as he walks inside the apartment. He picks Onyx up and fixes his onesie.

"Hi. How are you today?"

Onyx's giggles turn into soft hums. He's been starting to mimic sounds lately. 'Ah' and 'oh' on varying pitches and lengths have been his most common ones, though.

Whenever he sees his mother, he goes 'aah'. As if he's screaming with excitement for her. She indulges him and copies, squealing with him.

"Are you ready to go meet Tae?" Yoongi bounces him in his arms.

Earlier this morning, Taehyung called Yoongi to check in on him. He always does after emergency department surgeries. They're sudden and give Yoongi no time to mentally prepare.

Although it comes with the territory, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be affected by it. It definitely doesn't mean that he isn't affected by such things.

Yoongi and Taehyung spoke about the event for quite a while before he finally asked him about what he had planned for the day.

Yoongi informed that he and Harper had a date today. He'd planned to take her somewhere casual where Onyx would be welcomed and comfortable.

However, Taehyung felt kind of skeptical about that plan. Not that it was a bad one at all. But Yoongi and Harper haven't been on a full date to themselves. New Years' Eve was only about an hour or so and they went to a small bar.

And though it's lovely that Onyx is accommodated, the relationship between Harper and Yoongi should not revolve around her son. They both care for the infant and Onyx has a strengthening relationship with both of them.

Harper more than Yoongi, obviously.

But the pair also need to get to know each other outside of the baby. They're both compatible figures to him. But they need to build a relationship and be compatible with each other as well.

So, Taehyung and Hailey offered to watch Onyx while Harper and Yoongi got some time to themselves.

Of course, Harper was wary of leaving Onyx. So it's been decided that she'll wait with him to see if and how well he acclimates.

Harper puts her coat and shoes on before strapping Onyx into the car seat. He watches his mother with adoring eyes as she carries him out into the hallway. They step onto the elevator and wait for it to reach the first floor.

"You look nice." Harper compliments. "You wear shades of brown often. I like them."

Yoongi looks down at his clothes as his skin warms. All he has to offer is an abashed smile and a soft 'thank you'.

"You look nice, too. I like when your hair is like that. It draws more light to your eyes."

Harper feels the clip in her hair and smiles to herself. It's so odd, she thinks. More often than not, her hair is put in a clip because she doesn't know what else to do with it.

For him to pay so much attention to her even when she's tried so little makes her feel... seen.

The elevator reaches the first floor and they step out. Yoongi holds the door open for Harper and she walks out with Onyx's car seat first. Making it to his car, she straps the car seat into the back, tugging on the seatbelt to make sure that it's firm.

She flips the flap to the cozy cover up and looks at her son inside. He looks at her and shakes the toy in his hand. It makes a rattling noise and he looks at it.

Becoming fascinated by that, he puts all of his attention into shaking. Harper laughs at him as she gets into the front seat.

Yoongi turns the car on and checks his mirrors. He makes sure that Harper and Onyx are strapped in before putting his own seatbelt on. He drives out of the parking lot and heads to Hailey and Taehyung's house.

"Do they live close by?" Harper asks as he gets onto the ramp for the expressway.

"A six or seven minute drive from us." He informs. "They've lived here for the last two or three years I want to say."

Yoongi can't remember the specific timeline of it. He's sure it's one of those or somewhere in between though. He remembers the day that  Taehyung told him that they were moving in together like it was yesterday.

"Haven't they only just started dating though? Or not too long ago, rather?" Harper remembers Yoongi telling him about Taehyung.

She remembers him saying that he was interested in someone but hadn't asked her out. And Hailey confirmed that they were dating to her in November.

How others function in their relationships isn't Harper's business and she's well aware of that fact. She herself would just be very cautious about taking that step.

Moving in with someone isn't a light feat and it's one that, if she can help it, she'd rather not do again. She's been there and done that. Too quickly, she'll admit. She'll blame herself for what was to come out of her haste decision making.

"Yes." Yoongi answers her question. "But they've been friends the entire time that they've lived together. Taehyung was already working at the hospital when Hailey moved here. Rent was too high everywhere in range of the hospital and Tae was happy to accept a roommate."

"And she's stayed ever since." Harper finishes with a sweet smile.

She's happy that things worked out for them. She wonders if they've liked each other all this time or if it's only been a recent discovery between the two of them. Or maybe it was one sided for a while and the other didn't know.

She's curious but she won't pry. Whether she chooses to admit it or not, Harper is in love with the thought of love. It's such a beautiful thing.

Just not one that she truly sees for herself. Sometimes she'll allow her mind to pander the idea of relentless love for herself. She'll allow herself to indulge in the idea that maybe something could work for her.

It works just until her false reality is shattered. And she's reminded of exactly what she's brought upon herself.

######

The Kim-Cox home gives a much warmer welcome than any home Harper has ever stepped foot in.

It's a warm, cozy townhouse about seven minutes from the apartments that Yoongi and Harper live in.

The inside is fully furnished with almost every room matching the general theme of the home. It smells of an apples and spice scent. A light one, not too overbearing at all.

"Sorry for the mess. We're taking Christmas decorations down." Hailey says as she peels a Rudolph cling from the window.

Harper looks around the house, confused by what 'mess' she's speaking of.

"Just smile and nod." Tae whispers to her.

Harper smiles genuinely at his words.

"It's okay. The house looks perfectly fine to me. It's beautiful in here."

"Thank you. I can't tell you how long it took Taehyung to pick out furniture that matched. But he did a great job, didn't he?"

"You kept changing the color schemes. It was confusing to me." He defends himself.

Yoongi leads Harper into the living room and they take a seat on the couch. She removed the car seat cover and smiles down at her son.

He smiles back and giggles at her before realizing that he's somewhere new.

As he's being taken out of his car seat, he looks around holding onto his pacifier.

"Oh, he's so cute." Hailey coos at him.

Harper sits him on her knee as she takes his baby shoes off. His white socks are revealed in contrast to his velour material brown sweatsuit. It's got a bear face on the front of the zip up jacket and little ears on the hoodie.

"Hi, little guy!" Hailey sits on the floor and Tae sits next to her.

He grabs Onyx's blue stuffie out of the car seat and the baby reaches for it with a squeal.

Harper puts him down to allow him to move about freely. Onyx gets on his hands and knees and reaches a hand out.

"Oohh. When did he start this?"

"Today. Just this morning."

"Oh, wow." Hailey remarks as she watches him. "He'll be crawling in about a month and then cruising after that."

Harper's lips part as she looks at her son. Tae does the same before slowly looking at Hailey. She realizes what she said and her face drops.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... say it like that."

Taehyung puts his hand on his girlfriend's lower back to reassure her.

"It's okay." Harper smiles. "I'm excited for those things, too. He's just growing fast right now, it feels like."

"He'll always be your baby, though." Taehyung tells her. "Take it from Yoongi." He jokes.

Yoongi rolls his eyes as he laughs.

"I will admit that I am a momma's boy sometimes. Will you, is the question."

"No." Hailey answers for him and they all laugh.

Onyx grabs the blue stuffie and sits on his butt.

"He'd transitioning well." Taehyung observes.

He looks at Harper and smiles.

"How had his sleep been?"

"Good. Great, actually. He's still overstimulated in public. But that may be my fault. I've only recently started taking him out more."

"Ah." Taehyung nods. "So it could be that he isn't acclimated to the public yet."

"Right." Harper says.

"I'm sure he'll adjust when he's ready. He'll do it at his own pace. He can just be accommodated for for now until he acclimates. That's perfectly okay." He assures.

Harper takes a deep breath as she looks at her son. He spits his pacifier out and puts his fingers into his mouth. Onyx looks at his mother and  whines before looking to Yoongi. He reaches his hand up and shakes the blue stuffie, continuing to whine as he looks at the man.

"Oh, he's hungry." Harper says, reaching for his diaper bag.

"Don't worry about it." Taehyung tells her. "We can feed him. You and Yoongi should go feed yourselves. We've got him. Go enjoy the night before it dwindles away."

"Are you sure?" Harper already holds the bottle in his hand.

"We're positive." Hailey affirms.

"Okay." Harper intertwines her fingers and looks at Yoongi.

He stands up with her and she picks Onyx up. She kisses his cheeks as he giggles.

"I love you so much, stinky bear."

She hugs him to her chest and squeezes lightly.

"I'll see you later, papa."

She hands him over to Hailey who smiles as she holds him. Yoongi shakes his little hand and Onyx squeezes his finger.

"I'll see you when we get back." He tells the infant.

Onyx looks at Hailey, analyzing this new face.

"Alright, guys." Yoongi says to Tae and Hailey. "We will see you later. We won't be gone any later than 9:30, 10-ish. I've got work in the morning and I don't really like being out that late anyway."

"Onyx also has a routine that I'd like to keep as intact as possible."

"Right." Taehyung says. "Routines are very important. Especially for Onyx. It's what's helped him thrive. So while we stick to that, you two scoot." He waves his hands in the direction of the foot.

"It's already seven o'clock. You guys are supposed to be out of here."

"Okay, okay." Harper laughs to herself. "We're going."

Yoongi opens the door for Harper and they put their shoes on and step outside. They walk to the car and get inside. Yoongi turns the heat on and drives from the townhouse.

Harper clicks her seatbelt in and smiles at Yoongi.

"I think that they'd make such good parents." She voices. "Well, if they want kids, that is."

"They would be very good parents." Yoongi agrees. "But you're right. Neither one of them want kids. Their minds could change in the future but.." he shakes his head. "I don't think that they will."

"Hailey seems like she wants to be the world's greatest aunt. Not a mother, though."

"That is accurate." Yoongi chuckles. "Though, sometimes people don't know if they want to be parents until it happens kind of thing. Take my parents for example, for example. My mother had always wanted a child but my father could have cared less in either direction. Wouldn't bother him if he never had children. But my mother said that once they got pregnant, he'd have never gone back."

Yoongi remembers hearing this story vividly. He'd have never thought, with the way that his father is with him, that there was ever a time he didn't want kids. He just assumed that he was always prepared to be a father. The role is so natural with him. It's so innate that he'd have thought it had always been there.

"I side with your mother's experience." Harper voices.

"You've always known that you wanted children?"

"Mhm." She hums with a nod as she looks out of the front window. "I used to want a big family. I wouldn't have minded having three or four kids."

Harper wanted everything.

Nothing had to be picture perfect. But she wanted a family. A husband, a nice house to comfortably fit their family. A big backyard for cookouts and their kids to run around in safely. She wanted a nice sized dining room so her family could eat together, breakfast and dinner. Each child could have their own room as they age. The holidays would be spent between both sides of the family.

She wanted her children to grow up in nothing but love and proper nurturing. Healthy relationships and healthy observations of relationships.

Harper had thought of everything. Down to what she'd name the children that she had.

Now, all of that is in the past, All of that seems so strange to her. How obsessive she feels for thinking any of that could work. Delusional, she thinks that she is. For ever believing that that could be her life.

Maybe it could have been. But too much has happened for it to ever be. She's been ruined far too much to even ponder the idea of having such things.

Who would ever truly entertain the idea of being that way with her?

Why would somebody else want to take on what's been discarded by another?

It's as if somebody started the metalwork to build the foundation but abandoned the project upon seeing no possible outcome.

Left to rust and corrode away, all that's left is the blueprints to a foundation and a broken dream.

Yoongi goes back and forth with himself for the duration of the drive. He wants to ask what her outlook is now. He wants to ask if she still feels that way. He wants to know what her hopes are now.

Are they still the same? Does she want everything as she did before? What does she want out of life? Anything that he is able to provide for her, he will.

And what he can't do alone, they will work for together.

"Do you still feel that way?" Yoongi asks as they arrive to the destination. He parks the car but leaves it running for warmth.

Harper intertwines her fingers in her lap and rubs at them. Her eyebrows twitch and for a second, she seems as if she's going to think about it.

But no. She shakes her head.

"I don't know." She replies honestly. "It would be difficult. I feel..."

Ashamed.

How could she expect so much out of her significant other and have little to nothing to bring to the table?

"The things that I would expect him or want him to bring to the table, I can't provide myself. There are things that wouldn't make us equal. In terms of family and friends, I wouldn't be on the same playing field. All that I have is myself and..."

A child that he didn't father.

She swallows the lump in her throat and looks out of the window next to her. She realizes that there's light snowfall around them, giving a light sheen of white against their surroundings.

In front of them is a train station. Scheduled to leave for the next group of visitors in fifteen minutes, it's being prepped and ready to go.

Harper has no idea what this is. It had to be an event of some sort. She's never been on a train before. She's never even been to a train station. Everything that she knows is information provided by television shows and movies.

And even those never give good enough details about anything.

She'd be lost using solely their information. It'd.l he better if she knew nothing at all and had to ask questions at the teller stand.

"What makes you think that?" Yoongi asks.

The moment itself feels tender. Talk too loud and it'll feel like a scream. Breathe too loud and it'll seem agitated. Think too loud and you'll expose your entire thought process.

"It's true." Harper replies. "We went to your family's for dinner. We'd never be able to do that with mine."

She shakes her head as she speaks quietly. "They don't talk to me anymore."

Yoongi heard the pain in her voice. She spoke quieter with each sentence. Talking too loud would mean verbalizing the pain. And if she hears a voice say it out loud, then that makes it real.

And she doesn't really want to make it real. She knows mentally. It doesn't need to go any further than that.

"I only have myself to blame for that, though. They told me to leave his father but I couldn't. I didn't. And then I found out about Onyx and they just.... no contact."

She sighs and pushes her loose strands of hair behind her ears.

"I'm sorry. I'm ruining the mood for the date. Enough talk about that. Come on." She forces a smile as she opens the door.

Yoongi hears what she said. He listens to everything that comes out of her mouth. He just can't follow her direction.

He turns his car off and gets out with her. As they walk to the entrance of the train station, his thoughts run parallel, splitting into two processes. One half is on track with the date, opening the door for her and allowing her to step into the warmth first.

The other half is mulling over what she's said.

Her family went no contact because they wanted her to leave her baby's father alone. He can only assume that there was abuse involved. What other reason would her family go no contact with her and she go no contact with him? It's the only thing that makes sense.

And that infuriates him.

Onyx is only going to be six months this month. She's been in the apartment next door to him for about that same amount of time. So her baby's father had to have been abusive during her pregnancy.

He can't even fathom the idea of it. How low of a person do you have to be? How disrespectful of a man? How invaluable of a human?

"Where do we have to go?" Harper asks as she looks around.

"Oh. Uhm." Yoongi says, drawn out of his thoughts by the sound of her voice.

He fishes the tickets out of his pocket and flips them over. Looking at the back of them, he finds the entrance gate.

"This way." He points.

He holds his hand out for hers and she slides her fingers into his palm. They walk together toward the gate in quiet as people stir with excitement next to them.

Harper notices that they're all adults, or mostly adults. She isn't sure what's going to happen at all. Threads of anxiety weave themselves into her. She tries to force them down but that proves to be rather difficult.

Yoongi feels the tension in her body just from the way she's gripping his hand. He knows that she doesn't know. She isn't aware of anything but everything around her.

Hyper aware, hyper alert, hyper focused.

Everything that Harper does seems to be in one scope. She sees the world through one lens only.

The pair board the train when it's time and are instructed to their private cabin areas. Yoongi follows the numbers until he gets to theirs. He slides the frosted door open and Harper is surprised by what she sees.

It's a private dining cabin. There's a table in the middle and two booth-like seats on either side of it. Above the table is a small chandelier style light fixture.

"Wow."

Harper steps inside and Yoongi helps her out her coat. Looking at the thermostat on the wall, he adjusts the temperature and to make it more comfortable.

"It's even nicer than the pictures." He says as he hangs her coat on a hook.

He takes his off as well and puts it on a hook before sitting down across from Harper.

"You haven't been here before?" Harper asks curiously.

She wonders how he even knew about it if he hadn't been here prior to tonight. She's never heard of it at all.

"No." He replies. "I was looking up places for us to go where we could have a meal and still have other things to do as well. I didn't want us to feel as if we had to rush around to enjoy ourselves. This popped up."

Yoongi looks out of the window to the world outside.

"I actually don't know how well of an idea this is. I didn't ask if you had motion sickness or anything. I should have thought about that."

"It's okay." Harper tells him. "I don't usually have motion sickness. But just in case, I think these things roll down over here." 

She and Yoongi look at the rolling shade. He sees the beaded chain on his side and points to it.

"They do. If you start to feel sick, we can pull them down. It isn't too long of a ride. It's about 45 minutes to an hour. There's a lot of different scenery that it takes us through. Oh, and-."

Yoongi reaches into his pocket and pulls out two disposable toothbrushes.

"I brought these."

"That's funny." Harper says as she reaches into her purse. She pulls out two as well and they laugh.

"Glad to know that we're on the same page."

A waiter comes by and gives Yoongi and Harper menus. He takes their orders and their food is prepared rather quickly. It's brought to them in a very timely fashion and they're surprised by the speed and quality of service.

After their meal, their dinnerware is quickly whisked away. Their table is cleaned and dismantled, allowing for more room to move about in the private cabin.

Harper looks out of the window as the train moves onto the bridge. It looks down and over the city. Almost the entirety of it can be seen.

The businesses downtown. The traffic jams coming from the expressway. The tall hospital buildings.

There's three major hospitals in the city. They were built in a triangulating manner. Their radius covers an extensive amount of their area. They overlap in the inner city.

This is where the bulk of violent crime takes place. Where the highest ratio of deaths is. Where the largest amount of gun and drug violence takes place.

The hospitals triangulate around the city for a purpose. No matter where an emergency happens, no ambulance is more than seven to eight minutes from an emergency room.

While all the hospitals have great care and services, St. Juniper's has been accredited for theirs nationally across the board.

Their pediatric team has been recognized nationally. Their surgical teams have been recognized. Their emergency department, their maternity ward. Everything.

Everything in the city circulates around the hospitals. The city was designed that way. This is the way that it was built.

"When I moved here, I took a train." Yoongi says as he looks out of the window. "I didn't know anything about the city except where I was working and the apartments that I was living in."

"Have you always lived in the ones that we do now?"

"No." He shakes his head. "I couldn't afford it when I first moved. I lived in an apartment closer to the inner city. It was 600 a month for a one bedroom and it was a month to month lease kind of thing. But I also had to pay the electric bill. I had a car payment still back then plus the insurance. I was like, barely making it until I started collecting hours at the hospital. I think that I cried when I got my first check."

He smiles and chuckles about it now. It's a funny memory that he can laugh about now. But back then, it wasn't very funny at all.

He was fresh out of post graduate school, student loan debt on his back and living off of, what he considered, very little money. He didn't want to ask his parents for anything. They'd done enough helping him through school.

Yoongi had high hopes and big dreams. He was also running off the fumes from an argument that took place years ago.

He had to make it. Mostly for himself, but also because he always knew that there would be somebody watching to see if he actually could.

There would always be somebody marking his every move, masking it as 'watching his success' or 'supporting him from a distance'.

In reality, they could have cared less about whether he made it or not. If he did, then he did. If he didn't, then they'd spend forever speaking about 'how far he could have gone if he hadn't failed' somewhere.

They didn't celebrate when he made it into the city's paper for top surgeons in the city. But they'd have never stopped talking about it if he'd have been in the paper for some sort of failure.

"All of your hard work had finally paid off." Harper says. "I think I'd have cried too. Well, I did cry, actually. When I moved into the apartment next door to you."

"Really?" Yoongi asks, looking at her side profile.

"Mhm." She hums. "It felt like I'd done the impossible or something."

'Or something'.

That's exactly what it felt like.

She'd escaped her abuser. She'd gotten away from him and given birth to a healthy baby boy. She was in a new home far from where anyone that knew her would be. She would be safe there. She and Onyx would be just fine.

She cried for Onyx's safety. She cried for her own. She cried for a life that she longed for but could no longer grasp.

Harper cried for many things.

"This is why I'm so grateful to you." She expresses. "For helping me get the job at the hospital. For helping me with Onyx. All of it means more than you know."

Her eyes slowly begin to gloss over and she takes a deep breath as she looks out onto the city. So much of this feels like a new beginning for her.

So much of this feels like a fresh start.

She intended to make sure that it was just for her and Onyx only. That she would just live with her son in peace. No matter how much the guilt ate at her, just the two of them would be enough.

That's what she thought.

It's what she felt.

But as she looks over to the man next to her, she feels differently. Her outlook is seeming to shift.

And that thought is dangerous. It isn't the safest mindset to her.

But it feels okay.

He makes everything feel just fine.

"Yoongi?"

"Yes?" He looks from the window to her.

"Excuse my ignorance.... But how many dates happen in exclusive dating?"

"Do you mean before the relationship?" He asks.

She hesitantly nods, feeling stupid for even having to ask this. Does it let him know she's never done this? Does it tell him that her bar has never been very high? What will he think of her?

"I think that depends on the people pursuing the relationship." He responds. "I'd say after this one but then I have to think of whether or not you'd think ill of me for that. Would you think I'm rushing into things? Or that I'm being impatient if I said that I wanted to call myself yours already? Things like that, out of respect. We have a lifetime to go on dates. But I care more about what you're comfortable with rather than what I want."

"But the dates won't stop if we are together. Will they?"

"Of course not." Yoongi subtly frowns. "Why would they? Is that what you're concerned about?"

Harper looks at her fingers as she becomes mildly embarrassed. Silly of her to even ask such a thing.

"Harper?"

Yoongi tucks the knuckle of his index finger under her chin. He lifts her head so that he can see all of her face. Her face warms as she avoids his eye contact.

"You bring way more into this than I could ever." She expresses openly. "In almost every way, Yoongi."

It's a vulnerable admittance. One that she's ashamed to have to make.

"I don't care about how much money you make. We live in the same building. I don't care about the car you drive. It works, it does its job. I don't care about any of that stuff."

He's frank about his feelings.

"You're a good person. You're a wonderful woman. You're genuine. We've talked. We want the same things out of life. That's all that I care about, Harper."

She puts her arms around his torso in a hesitant hug. Her eyes never leave his as she does it. A small smile forms on his lips as he puts his hands on her waist.

"Soooo...." Harper drags.

"Soooo...." Yoongi mimics.

Harper kind of deadpans as she looks up at him. He smiles and laughs at her reaction.

"Are you trying to ask me out?" Yoongi teases.

"Well, not if you're going to reject me." She replies.

"I'm not."

"No?"

"How could I?"

"So I can call you my boyfriend?" Harper grins and he feels the heat on his neck.

"Yes. And I'll call and tell my father that you and Onyx will be joining us for holidays from now on."

"Okay." Harper says quietly.

"Okay."

Harper tilts her head to kiss him and he feels a flooding sense of relief. His arms pull her closer, drawing her further into him.

Yoongi would have never thought that this is what would have come out of him offering advice to Harper.

Did he find her attractive? Yes.

But at first meeting, at first glance, that's not what he was concerned about. Genuinely, he did not intend for this to happen. He was more focused on why the infant was crying so much and how they could help him, if at all.

Some babies cry more than others. And that's okay. He knows that. But it never hurts to check and see if there is a deeper issue. It could save a lot of stressful tears and silent suffering.

Harper is grateful that he came to her that night.

Just as she is grateful for Taehyung and Hailey.

Just as she is grateful for Delilah.

The new year looks bright for her. And for once, she isn't harboring too much anxiety about starting over.

A|N
#My babiieesss <3 Thoughts? Theories?

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

16.4K 146 9
โ˜…๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐Š๐ฉ๐จ๐ฉ ๐ข๐๐จ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฌ โ˜… ๐ข ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
325K 18.2K 38
This is going to hurt. You fell in love with Kim Taehyung during Medical School. Now living totally different lives in completely different hospital...
427K 17.6K 58
"Doctors Aren't Saving Lives,They are too busy making money" - Jeon Jungkook Accidents Happen[Taekook]
4.6K 250 73
She brings a whole new meaning to this small world we live in. Naiomi a gangster at heart whos life are more ways than twisted meets well rounded K...