The Knife In My Hand

De AuroraFrostDragon

The girl who goes by different names and has two sides: her angel and her devil. Elma has lived enough to kno... Mais

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter One, What's Life?
Chapter Two, Getting Away
Chapter Three, Oblivious Fate
Chapter Four, My Daughter
Chapter Five, Needles
Chapter Six, The Ride
Chapter Seven, Returning Home
Chapter Eight, New Place
Chapter Nine, Regret
Chapter Ten, Scream
Chapter Eleven, Headquarters
Chapter Twelve, Agreement
Chapter Thirteen, Answers
Chapter Fourteen, Hurt
Chapter Fifteen, Out The Window
Chapter Sixteen, Commitment
Diego Ramos
Chapter Seventeen, Panic
Chapter Eighteen, Affection
Chapter Nineteen, Online
Chapter Twenty, Bug
Chapter Twenty One, Water
Chapter Twenty Two, Gotcha
Chapter Twenty Three, Not Ready
Elma Monti
Chapter Twenty Four, Domenico
Chapter Twenty Five, Deal
Chapter Twenty Six, Fiance
Chapter Twenty Seven, Protection
Chapter Twenty Nine, Mafia
Character List
Important Notice
Feedback

Chapter Twenty Eight, Workout

704 8 0
De AuroraFrostDragon

Point Of View - Elma Farfalla Bianchi

     Come on Huston you should be up and downstairs already. "It's time to wake up for training." I turned on the light to Huston's room.

     "Five more minutes." Huston just mumbles into the pillow.

      So what can I threaten him without raising too many red flags. O I got it extended training longer he will definitely get up since my training sessions are called torture back at base. "Ok then training is extended by an hour." A devilish smirk comes across my face.

      "W-Wait! I am up now." A screaming Huston shot out of his bed. Hehe, I love playing with him. Huston's personality is loose and just loves pranks but when he is being The Devil Bullet it's like he is being a different person. He is uptight and becomes a controlling person.

     "Good be dressed and ready in five." I commanded Huston in a semi deep voice.

     "Yes Elma." Huston lowered his head showing that I am the boss not him.

     What is that delicious smell? No it couldn't be bacon and pancakes. It's like five a.m. in the morning. Who would be up and ready? "Yes you smell bacon and pancakes." Brooklyn interjected my train of thought.

     Now I just stare at Brooklyn wearing an apron with flour all over. "Brooklyn, are you trying to butter me up?" I sweetly teased her.

     "Maybe?" A smile comes across her face.

     "Remember we have training in ten minutes." I said after giving out a sigh to Brooklyn.

     "Got and here is your loving breakfast." My best friend replies back as she sets down a plate full of pancakes and bacon in front of me. Seriously Brooklyn your food bribes never get old and I truly love it since she always gives me homemade food. One of my favorites Brooklyn cooks is the square potatoes. She always puts the right amount of seasoning on them.

     My agenda for today's training is hand to hand combat. I want to start with something small before getting to the crazy stuff. Don't wanna freak out my biologicals with me throwing knives at Brooklyn while she dodges them. "Today we are practicing hand to hand combat." I said while starting with my first stretch.

     "Ug I haven't been practicing." Huston whines very loudly as he joins me and Brooklyn creating a circle.

     "That's your fault dude." Brooklyn slaps her own brother on the shoulder.

     "Cut it out your two we are training not goofing off." I send a glare in both of their directions. Ok, I have finished stretching out my body. Now it's time to do some hand to hand battling. "Tell me when you guys are done warming up."

     "Got." Brooklyn screeched out of her mouth as she stretched her calf. Huston just nodded back like he was deep in thought while in a lunge.

     Both twins take about five or minutes before they start wrapping their hands. "Elma what's the first thing we are gonna work on?" Huston asked as he just finished wrapping his hands in the black sports tape.

     "I was thinking you two would go against me on the mat." I declared to both of the twins.

     "What about your knee? I saw you favorting it yesterday." Huston comments as he gets set on the opposite side of the mat.

     "It's fine now." I ordered back with a growl.

     "Ok but don't blame us for your knee hurting." Huston empathized strongly as he started cracking his knuckles.

     "O come on you two. You know that I can handle the pain." A devilish smirk went across my face.

     Now Huston comes at me with his fist aiming for my face. I dodged quickly, ducking down into a crouch position. Next I spinned my leg going for his leg. After Huston recovered from almost being knocked over. Brooklyn comes into play by going behind me. We both exchanged punches and kicks.

     Once I got Brooklyn to lose her balance making her take a moment to breathe. Huston comes in switching places with her and gives me a mean old sucker punch to the gut. That immediately made me tumble backwards to the edge of the mat. Now out of instinct my creepy smile comes on.

     These past months I haven't been getting much excitement. Number one, I have been in New York for the past month. Two I was recovering but also being beat up. Number three I was trying to finish up high school. Papa was very strict on me finishing and doing high school. Luckily he didn't require me to do college but he wanted me to have at least a basic education.

     After my creepy smile came on I started my assault. Now after a couple of punches and kicks that Huston defended. I picked up the pace landing multiple hits. One of the things that is a part of being an assassin is knowing what your limits are. If you don't know and you challenge yourself too much you die.

     Now after my barrage of attacks Huston gives Brooklyn the signal to switch. The Duo Attack, a two person team attack method that is a complex but simple way to wear down your single opponent. After wearing down your opponent you start the phase of attacking your opponent at the same time.

     Finally those two were taking forever to start attacking together. First Huston comes in with a swing with Brooklyn going for my feet. I quickly dealt with Huston then I jumped straight on to Brooklyn ankle making her whine. In the quick moment Huston notest that and came at me with his fist. Instead of just deflecting Huston fist I twist his wrist making him yelp.

     "That's enough." I ordered to make sure they don't get hurt more because they are my guards.

     We all walk over to the bench and sit down. "Man it's been a while since we have practiced with each other." Huston just spits out while massaging his twisted wrist.

     "Yeah!" I shrugged my shoulders.

     Now I hear some footsteps approach the gym door. "What are you guys doing here?" Mateo just stands in the doorway looking at all three of us on the bench.

     "Good morning to you Mateo." I announced in a polite way as I turned to the left in my seat facing my brother.

     "So Principessa (Princess)... you like working out in the morning?" Mateo trying to spruce up some type of conversation. Truthfully I hate the mornings.

     "Not really, I prefer working out in the afternoon or evenings." I corrected Mateo's statement while heading out of the gym with the twins.

     Now being behind the kitchen island and making my coffee. While Mateo just stared at me with a lot of awkwardness. "Um, since you're up do you guys want to help me make breakfast-t?" Mateo stuttered for a second out of nervousness and then he said. "I just thought that it would be a good opportunity to... get to know each other."

     "Of course Mateo!" I beamed with amazing joy after sipping my coffee.

     "Also I am not a very good cook." Mateo starts scratching the top of his head and gives me a sheepish face.

     "You don't need to be a good cook. Brooklyn is here with us so there is no reason to worry." I told him while giving Mateo's shoulder a gentle hit.

     Our attempt to cook breakfast turned into a complete disaster enough that Brooklyn had the guts to kick us all out. We had turned the kinchen into a mess. I know that we're gonna have to clean later. One thing I really like about my brothers is that they try not to rely on maids or servants. It shows that they are not completely spoiled in manners and not money. They are completely rich with money.

     After Brooklyn kicked us out of the kitchen. Me and Huston went back up the stairs to get dressed for the day. I took a nice hot shower getting all the sweat off of my body. Next I pull out some straight dark blue jeans and a jacket that matches with a black halter shirt. Then I grab some black ankle socks that go with my flat ankle leather women's boots.

     Now I just stare into the mirror looking at my tattoos. It makes me think about all the struggles and challenges. Makes me think about the people who sacrificed their own lives for me. Domoto Natsue, my mentor and boss. Ametsuchi Ruru, my first friend. Cody Williams, a friend who took the bullet for me. Jenell Kirk, friend and team member. I just think of these people who have saved me, trading their lives for mine.

      B-u-z-z, b-u-z-z, my phone goes off. "Hallo Papa! (Hey Papa!)" I say in German with a grumpy tone.

      "Schmetterling, wie geht es dir? (Butterfly, how are you?)" Papa replies back but what bothers me is why is he calling me right now? I love him very much and enjoy our calls but this time seems off.

    "Nicht wirklich. (Not really.)" I tell Papa with a sigh.

     Then Papa raised his voice in a ticked off voice saying, "Kann ich sie töten! (Can I kill them!)" Man why does he jump to the conclusion it's my biologicals.

     "Papa, das sind nicht meine Biologika. (Papa it's not my biologicals.)" I respond back, grinding my teeth. It's the thought of all my friends who have died for me.

     "Du weißt, Butterfly, dass es nicht deine Schuld war, dass sie gestorben sind. (You know Butterfly it wasn't your fault they died.)" Papa started to calm me down from my anger.

     Now tears come down my cheek. "Ich kenne Papa! Aber ich habe das Gefühl, dass es meine Schuld ist. (I know Papa! But I feel like it's my fault.)" I cried very hard, letting out my true emotions.

     "Denken Sie daran, dass sie gestorben sind, um Sie zu beschützen. Damit du leben kannst, um zu überleben. (Remember they died to protect you. So you can live to survive.)" Papa pauses a moment before countering my grief and sadness. "Versprich mir jetzt, dass du dir eine Schüssel Eis gönnst? (Now promise me you'll treat yourself to a bowl of ice cream?)"

     Giving myself a second to breathe in and out. "Ich verspreche Papa! (I promise Papa!)" I wiped my tears away and put my emotional barrier up. "Warum hast du mich angerufen? (Why did you call me?)" My voice went emotionalness knowing the real reason he called me was because of business.

     "Muss ich einen Grund haben, meine eigene Tochter anzurufen? (Do I have to have a reason to call my own daughter?)" Papa answered back with a question trying to break the barrier I just put up.

     "Netter Versuch, gib auf. (Nice try, give up.)" I pushed back, deepening my voice.

     Currently he gives out a sigh knowing that there is no point in an argument. "Die Franzosen haben fünf unserer Männer getötet und behaupten immer noch, sie hätten nicht gewusst, dass sie Drachen sind. (The French killed five of our men and still claim they didn't know they were Dragons.)" Papa's says in a more than pissed off tone over the phone.

     "Danke, dass du es mir gesagt hast, und ich werde mit Zachary darüber sprechen, wie wir weiter vorgehen. (Thanks for letting me know and I'll speak to Zachary about how we proceed.)" I swiftly understood the situation and took control of what to do from now on.

     "Ich liebe dich, kleiner Schmetterling. (I love you, little butterfly.)" Papa says in a sweet tone to me.

    "Ich liebe dich zu Papa. (I love you to Papa.)" I replied back in a cheerful way to Papa.

    Now being off the phone and pissed off. I swore out in Italian, "Merda! Ora devo fare i conti con i francesi! (Shit! Now I have to deal with the French!)"

   Once I calmed down and finished getting dressed with my makeup on. I started heading downstairs, now I turned right around a corner coming in full view to whoever is in the living room, then a chorus of good mornings came out. "Morning Family." I groaned out not caring about my attitude right now.

    "You're not a morning person Sorella? (Sister?)" Luca gets up from the couch.

    "You could say that." I struggled my shoulders. "ブルックリン、フランス軍は我々の部下を 5 人殺した。朝食後、本部に向けて出発します。 (Brooklyn, the French killed five of our men. After breakfast, depart for Headquarters.)" I ordered Brooklyn in japanese. So that my family doesn't find out about me being a Donna yet.

     "はいドン。(Yes Don.)" Brooklyn nods her head in response to the command.

     Then someone in the room clears their throat. "Care to explain?" Damien looks directly into my eyes wanting an explanation.

    "It's only work." I roll my eyes and pick up an apple from the island.

    "Work?" Dante just blurted out in confusion.

    Ug I don't wanna come out with an excuse. Then Brooklyn interjected seeing how annoyed I am right now. "Mr. Bianchi..."

    "Lorenzo is fine Brooklyn, that's the same thing to you Huston." Dad interrupted, not wanting to be called Mr. Bianchi.

    "U-m..." Brooklyn starts to get nervous not knowing what to say.

    "It's fine Brooklyn I will explain." I stood up straight, having all the attention on me now with Brooklyn mouthed thank you back.

    "Dad." How do I explain this? "So you know you know that Brooklyn and Huston are bodyguards." I pointed out the obvious. Now I play with my fingers. "Um, the thing is that... The twins only do body guarding as a side job and their main job is with me at my company. In other words..."

     "Elma is our boss and we help test stuff that's not on the market yet." Huston just blurts out interrupting me.

    Then Brooklyn yells out while abruptly standing up, "HUSTON STONE KNIGHT! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT MANNERS!" This made everyone have a shiver down their spine except me, Damien and Dad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading Chapter Twelve Eight, Workout. About 2,362 words in Chapter Twelve Eight. PLEASE VOTE! 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.9K 38 28
"Oh please darling, you couldnt kill me even if your life depended on it." His raspy voice making the space between my legs wet. if i wasnt standing...
465 17 17
mature book 18+ While most men are dying to get out of the mafia, Gio was dying to get in and lead it. Aurora leaves it all behind to be with the lo...
546K 20.3K 22
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** His hands are stained in blood. Her hands are white as snow. Living in their world, it's rare for someone to remain so...
27.1K 1.1K 56
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...