The Knife In My Hand

By AuroraFrostDragon

The girl who goes by different names and has two sides: her angel and her devil. Elma has lived enough to kno... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter One, What's Life?
Chapter Two, Getting Away
Chapter Three, Oblivious Fate
Chapter Four, My Daughter
Chapter Five, Needles
Chapter Six, The Ride
Chapter Seven, Returning Home
Chapter Eight, New Place
Chapter Nine, Regret
Chapter Ten, Scream
Chapter Eleven, Headquarters
Chapter Twelve, Agreement
Chapter Thirteen, Answers
Chapter Fourteen, Hurt
Chapter Fifteen, Out The Window
Chapter Sixteen, Commitment
Diego Ramos
Chapter Seventeen, Panic
Chapter Eighteen, Affection
Chapter Nineteen, Online
Chapter Twenty One, Water
Chapter Twenty Two, Gotcha
Chapter Twenty Three, Not Ready
Elma Monti
Chapter Twenty Four, Domenico
Chapter Twenty Five, Deal
Chapter Twenty Six, Fiance
Chapter Twenty Seven, Protection
Chapter Twenty Eight, Workout
Chapter Twenty Nine, Mafia
Character List
Important Notice
Feedback

Chapter Twenty, Bug

687 10 0
By AuroraFrostDragon

Point Of View - Elma Farfalla Bianchi

      Right now I just want to hide my true self but for some reason every wall I bring up comes down. We have spent the last couple days learning about each other. I have planted bugs all over the house. The rule I made for myself is that I can't use the information. That I learned or gathered for personal gain in my mafia or other divisions.

      Laying on my bed pretending to read an audiobook. When really listening to the bugs that are placed around the house. Even if I have been here for a while you know they could strike at any moment. Smash I hear one of my bug crashes. Damit, they have found it. It's time to call Akira, my Head of Technologies in The Rose Dragons.

      Springing off the bed and going to my desk where I have hidden my Red Rose stuff. Looking into the open bottom drawer of my desk before removing the false bottom. Just staring at my preferred type of knives. Picking up the black spear point blade that's next to the gray drop point knife instead of grabbing the phone. Now twirled the black blade in my hand for a moment before putting it away.

      Once done just spinning the knife in my hand. I dialed Akira number on my G-Phone. She picked up and spoke first. "Yes, Donna?"

      "They have found the bug." My voice was very irritated.

      There was a sign from Akira. "It's untraceable. Is there anything else?" You better hope it's untraceable.

      "Are you sure Akira?" I asked her as I started passing around the room.

      "If not, they have a pretty good hacker who could penetrate my firewalls. Which to my knowledge they don't Donna." She reassured me on the phone as I grabbed a pen from my desk.

      I take a deep breath. "I am trusting you Akira." I spined the pen in my hand like a knife.

      "Thank you Donna." Then the line goes dead. You better hope that things don't go sideways Akira with this task. I get up from my desk and flop face first into the nice soft bed. Ug, that reminds me to change the mattress to something more hard. One night I could not take it and slept on my floor. That next morning Luca woke me up by entering my room. He looked at me, blinked a couple of times and just told me that breakfast was ready.

      Rolling over to my back staring at the quote on the ceiling. 'Never bend your head. Look the world straight in the eye. Helen Keller' This quote is one of my favorites because I can relate to it. I don't bend my head down to others and I am not afraid to look people in the eyes.

      Now letting out a sigh. What are my family doing right now? Before leaving my room, I prepare my room so if someone snoops they can't find anything without dinging too deep. Also they would get away with it because of my very small cameras around the room. I double checked my room making sure everything that would reveal my different identities is put away hidden.

      Preceding down the hallway heading to the second floor living room. stopping for a moment pausing in the middle of the hallway. Let's put hair dye in one of my brother's hair! It would definitely loosen up the mood around the house. Turning around, making my journey back to my room and searching my prank wet box. I dump the box all over the floor having things scatter in front of me.

      It takes me five minutes to realize that I only have enough for two rounds of green hair dye and nothing else. "Man! I forgot to refill after my encounter with my other family's prank war." My hand slaps my head out of my mistake.

      Hm, who do I play with... Damien would not take it well and I want to keep him close. Dante would be furious but Romeo would be a good target. Ricco is too serious, U-m Mateo I don't know how he will react. Something I know for sure Luca would start a prank war with me. Now who did I forget... O ya Romeo, from my interaction with him it would not be a good idea to do it.

      Now guessing that's my conclusion, Romeo and Luca let's see how this goes. There was a giant smirk on my face. I put my stuff away but for the green dye and head for their rooms. Being sneaky listening for any foot that could approach me. First I went into Romeo's room and then Lucas. In both rooms I put the pranking green temporary dye in the shampoo. Pranking dye is different from regular because you can't tell it is there until it's in your hair. Luckily no one was in the second floor hallways for the bedrooms.

      After tossing the empty bottle in my regular trash bin. They're gonna find out it's me soon, there is no point in hiding it. I look at my phone and see it's about lunch time. What will lunch be like? Yesterday I learned that Romeo is a great baker but I don't always trust his cooking skills from now on.

      Once downstairs, I go over to the kitchen island that faces into the living room. Just standing there for a moment and then Romeo noticed me. He was baking cookies to be specific oatmeal raisin ones. I spot the half full bag of raisin and the open oats on the counter. "You wanna help?" Romeo added more raisins to the mixture.

      My face lit up, "Ya!"

      "Then get over here silly!" Romeo just looked at me like come on. "Why don't you mix the batter." He hands me the black spatula.

      "Ok." I started stirring the stiff batter.

      "I want to ask you if you want to go-o." He hesitated for a second, "swimming at one?" Romeo's voice went scratchy from being nervous asking me.

      Seriously getting nervous asking me to go swimming. "Romeo Of Course!" I beamed at him with energy of excitement. "You need a hug Romeo." I looked at him with a sympathetic look.
We both pulled into a hug. "Why don't we finish these cookies?" Romeo whispered into my ears.

      "Yes and only because I want to go swimming." I told him while turning on the mixer. Next the oven goes off and Romeo pulls out the second batch. After that we both rolled the cookies into balls and talked about his school. Romeo told me that Father owns the school. He also said that they are very popular there and he hates it.

      Now I put the third batch in the oven. Look over my shoulder and see Romeo pulling out some glass rectangular containers. "So we are putting the cookies in those?" I speculated as I headed towards the stool in front of the fridge.

      "Yes and after that batch we can get ready to swim. I just want to ask you if it's ok that I invite others." He asked nicely because it was just us going right now. "It would be a good time to bond as a family, Elma." Romeo chimed right into my thoughts.

      "Ok fine just because you asked." I pointed my pointer finger at him while looking up from my phone. Right now Brooklyn is texting me asking how I am. I ignore her and turn off my phone.

      "Good because I just did." Romeo just chuckled with his response like he didn't even ask me first and just did it.

      After finishing up baking the cookies and putting them away in three glass containers. Two for the family and the other one is just for the both of us in a hiding spot. It seems like Romeo has the same habit as me. I tend to hide food because Huston tends to eat my treat even when they're labeled Don in giant sharpie on all sides.

      I want cookies right now. So I went over to the fresh cookies and took the lid off. My tongue wiped my lips while I grabbed a cookie. "Be ready in an hour in the living room." Romeo told me from the couch before I could take a bite.

      Now looking at him. Romeo seems like he wants a response but I stuff the cookie in my mouth. I finished chewing my raisin oatmeal before responding to Romeo. "Got and I can't wait to have fun." I shoot my arms up in a Y form for a second. Right now I am excited but also nervous because I don't want the pity But I also do what the pity at the same time. I don't know why it is because I want to feel loved.

      Stopping in front, opening the door knob of my room then going to my closet. The closet set up is a modern design. Walking over to the left, passing the door to the bathroom. Now going to my dresser and opening the third drawer. Next, pulling out my long sleeve one piece suit. The design I had made is a red and black butterfly design. I dropped it on the floor in the bathroom while checking my personal phone and checking the time.

      Presently I notice that there is still fifteen minutes until it's a reasonable time to change into my swimsuit. So I can guess that I can take a little nap on the floor. The floor is because I keep forgetting that this mattress is too soft for my liking. Once at the bed and pull the blankets off the bed. I just lay there in my warm bundle of fluff just thinking about how I am gonna tell them the truth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my Chapter Twenty, Online About 1,670 words in Chapter Twenty. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 718 48
Irina Inessa Smirnov is twenty years of age. She wanted nothing more than to be independent and loved after years of being without her parents. Giov...
292K 6.2K 60
"e-emma" my mother breathed out "yea mum?.." I called back to my mother on the floor "in the closet, there is a loose floor board...open it" she wh...
1.4K 5 17
Camilla Bianchi was a happy 6 year old with her 7 older brothers, father and mother, she had everything everyone has wanted. But one night something...
2.1M 39.2K 83
Meet Giselle Rose Moretti, an assassin known as "the Killer" and an undefeated underworld street fighter in the name of "the Devil's Angel." She was...