The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 31

66 2 4
By betheyes

"We are being HUNTED by Crimson Dawn!" Crosshair angrily said, alerting everyone to the furious marksman who wore what looked like betrayal on his face. "Cross, what is it?!" Fives asked running to the marksman's side. Crosshair muttered something to him which set off the arc trooper, Fives roared in fury as he stormed off towards the entrance of the hangar where both Dusty and Duster were waiting with a box of gear. Fives nodded at the two before passing on the message. From afar Hunter could tell they were cursing. 

"Wait, isn't Crimson Dawn the criminal group that started in the army. With ex-military in it?" Tech asked using Echo's phone to research through the military network. 

"Yes," Crosshair gritted out between his teeth. Hunter put a reassuring hand on his back. Wrecker watched from nearby, keeping an eye on the youngest of the batch. Crosshair tightened his grip on his rifle. 

"So why are you so angry?" Rex asked in confusion. 

Crosshair looked off to the side where Fives was talking to his teammates, "Because the leader is none other than…"

"Dareth Maul" Echo said looking down at the information on his phone, Tech had handed it back to him. 

"But, Crosshair, you said we could trust him," Omega pointed out from the floor. Crosshair groaned, not hearing 'dad' made him flinch inwardly. "I did but the…" " Language Cross" Echo warned, earning himself a glare. Crosshair struggled to find words so someone else took over. "The past few weeks he stopped reporting. I didn't understand why but then Dusty informed me that Maul had some family issue going on so we let it subside. We just never realised he was going against us" Fives explained. 

"So what caused his out-break?" Cody asked while messaging his own partner who would meet them at a prepared safe house. 

"From what I have heard, one of the Crimson Dawn was killed by one of the Black Suns. So they are out for revenge..but the question is. Why come after us unless he is still jealous of Hunter and Crosshair?" Dusty spoke up as he passed over a crate that Crosshair requested. The marksman smiled, noticing what was inside, Hunter took a peak and smirked. Their old armour, Crosshair, had kept it over all these years. Duster shook his head, disagreeing, “You got something to say?” Ahsoka asked with arrogance, she crossed her hands. Duster looked at Kix and signed something. 

“He came across an article the other day while he was looking over military personnels when he stumbled across a recent death, her name was Catherine Maul” Jesse explained, thanking his son for the information. Duster only smiled walking over to Thorn and Gregor who had finished fueling up the wildcats. Thorn greeted his baby brother with a hug while Gregor lifted him off his feet. 

“So, Cody, what's the plan?” Rex turned to his old-friend, who sighed. “We have a safe house where we can all go, there are many in the area. It will be great cover and away from any civilians. We will fly there and…”

“Mum! What do you mean? There is someone…MUM! Hands off, who the hell are you?” Ahsoka’s worried voice spoke up, all heads turned to see the young woman nearly in tears on the phone. Rex quickly rushed to her side, taking the phone and placing it on speaker.

“Just, who am I speaking to?” Rex asked.

“It doesn’t matter, all I ask is the one who stole from me. Come back and I will return your stolen comrades” a voice broke over the speaker. There was someone muffled in the background. 

“I’m sorry but I have no idea who you are after?” Rex said looking around the room, he noticed the batch were on edge. Wrecker frowned. 

“My name is Charles Ryker and I ask my son to return the thing he stole from me otherwise I will start killing my captives, you may know them by Obi-one, Skywalker, Sheila, Boil, Waxer, Hardcase and Tup. Now I am gathering you are Officer Rex from your distinctive voice. I want to meet to discuss handing over your family” Charles demanded over the phone. 

Rex frowned, he looked over at Cody who nodded gesturing for Charles to meet here at the airstrip. Here they would deal with him. 

“Fine, we only ask you bring our family with you and then we'll talk”

“I will bring two and then signal for the rest to be dropped off when my son steps forward and hands over what I want” 

“Done, we are at…” 

“Oh I know where you are, I will arrive in five minutes, don’t even think about attacking. I want no weapons aimed my way. Tell your marksman to watch his attitude otherwise I may just kill a family member for no reason” Charles ordered as he cut off the phone call. 

Cody gulped, he turned to face the bad batch who glared at him. The commander acted on instinct, he didn’t even think about the children. 

“Thorn, Gregor, Dusty, Duster. Come here!” Jesse gestured for them to come over, the four ran over quickly. “Take the kids into the office and do not under any circumstances come out, do you understand me?” Thorn smiled, taking Hera and Omega’s hands. Wolffe handed over the sleeping Comet to Dusty while Duster picked the crate up holding the twins. Gregor gestured for Sinker and Amber to come with. None of them relaxed properly until Dusty shut the door firmly and Tech with Echo stood in the doorway as a blockade to anyone else. 

Wolffe looked at Howzer who only had eyes for his brother, Kix remained standing rigid in front of Howzer slightly with Jesse by his side. Fives moved to be on Crosshairs freeside beside Wrecker who blocked off Echo and Tech. Commander Cody, Rex and Ahsoka remained at the front with Hunter directly behind them beside Crosshair. The marksman had one hand gripping his rifle while the other was held tightly in Hunter’s.  

It didn’t take long for about six black SUV’s to turn up. They blocked the entrance and two drove close to the group before coming to a stop. Howzer secretly pressed a button on the inside of his wrist sending a private coded message to none other than Commander Fox, his other brother. Signalling that they were in danger and in need of some help. An older gentleman stepped out of one of the black SUV’s, he looked about the age of 60, maybe older. He wore an ensemble of a black suit and trousers with sleek black shoes almost like he had been to a funeral or he was still in mourning. It may sound morbid but Crosshair had to give it to him for his style. He was surrounded by armed guards, Hunter tightened his grip on Crosshairs hand, the marksman having let go of his rifle to hold Fives hand as well. The arc-trooper didn’t say anything but welcomed the comfort. Wolffe smirked, he had a strange feeling Hunter, Crosshair and Fives would somehow work out their differences in the future, well that was if they lived past this. Rex frowned at the man in front of him who wore so many rings on his hands it shouldn’t be possible. The captain counted at least 8 on one hand, the other hand was hidden in his jacket like it was holding something. 

“Aha! Which one of you is the man called Rex, Hmm?” Charles said with a smile as his eyes scoured over them all. Rex went to put his hand up when Cody recognised what this meant, he put his own up only to receive a bullet to the shoulder. Cody went down hard hitting the floor. It was a test. Charles was waiting for a reaction out of his son but when nothing came he frowned, he looked right at Rex and said, “Captain, it seems the commander is losing some blood. I think you better get someone to check him over” Rex frowned, he turned to gesture for Kix to do it but the medic didn’t move from Jesse’s hold instead Howzer did. The ex-captain kneeled beside Cody to remove the bullet quickly and wrap it before he helped the commander to his feet. 

Charles chuckled, gesturing for one of his armed guards to grab a prisoner. A victim appeared, “No!” Ahsoka cried out seeing her mother pulled from the black suv and shoved to the floor beside Charles who placed his pistol against her head. 

“Who would like to see a magic trick?” Charles laughed as tears sprung in the woman’s eyes, he grabbed the pistol and directly placed it against her temple. “Please don’t!” Ahsoka cried out in fear, her mother shook her head. Rex held Ahsoka to him tightly. “What do you want?!” Ahsoka asked with tears running down her face. 

Charles turned, “What do I want? I want my son to come forward and face reality! He owes me something and he deserves it!” the man roared. 

“If you don’t mind me asking, what did he do?” Sheila spoke up through her tears.

“Well since you asked nicely. He killed my wife, his sister and Dareth Maul’s sister. I ordered him to do one thing and he went behind my back betraying me and took over my most guarded secret while stealing something dear to me, my mother! After everything I did for the little shit as well!” Charles ranted through explaining, “Now that you know. Would you want your child to live after all the pain he caused!” Sheila shook her head, unable to answer as the gun was moved closer to her head.

“Now close your eyes dear and count to three” Charles said softly, aware of the cries from the others. 

“3”

“2”

“NOOO!” Ahsoka cried out as a bullet went off. 

A cry of pain echoed around the hangar. A whirring of blades alerted them all to a helicopter coming in hot that started firing on the black suv’s outside, Howzer smirked knowing exactly who that was. A jet flew by shooting a few missiles trapping the suv’s in the hangar, the ones on the outside didn’t stand a chance as they exploded. No one but guards were in.

“YOU LITTLE SHIT!” Charles cried out making his way back to his feet, he turned to see the one who had shot him. A red eyed furious Kix stood with Crosshairs fire puncher in his hands, Kix took a step forward aware of the all around looks especially from the guards who didn’t recognise the man at all. Kix wore a look of guilt, regret and fury in his features. 

“Leave now!” Kix roared, he had to blink to avoid the tears behind his eyes as he pushed back a cough. Charles glared at his youngest, the one who had caused all the bother in his world. Sheila ran over to scoop Ahsoka in her arms while Kix moved forward with Howzer following directly behind him. Kix grabbed his father’s throat, “Release them all now!” he demanded. Howzer backed his little brother up by holding his own pistol to his father’s head. The batch gasped with Cody and Rex looking conflicted at the two in front of them. 

“No! I will not be bested by you two, you will reveal the location of my mother now!” Charles said, shoving his two sons back. Howzer managed to manoeuvre his body in the way of Kix’s as his father shot the pistol. The captain soon found a sudden pain in his side. Kix gasped as his oldest brother went down like a sack of potatoes. Howzer struggled to breathe as blood flowed from his chest. It was about two inches away from his lung. Thankfully it had gone straight through leaving Kix able to put pressure on it, Kix went into medic mode saving his brother's life. He had worked on automatic to the point he didn’t see the gun aiming for his head. 

“Stand up son and face me one last time” Charles said in anger as he gestured for his guards to take aim at the others who moved together in sync. Kix frowned when Howzer managed to nod at him. Standing up carefully Kix turned to face the music, his father held a familiar pistol to his head. “Do you remember this? Hmm son?” Charles asked turning the pistol so Kix could have a good look. Kix groaned instantly recognising his torture weapon. Charles smirked, “Kneel” Charles commanded. Kix didn't move as he crossed his arms. A guard came up behind him to kick his knees out from underneath him. Kix landed hard on his knees, a hand gripped his chin ever so violently. “Now! Do me one last favour and tell me where my mother and the rat are!” Charles demanded this time he gestured for his guards to assault Kix, the medic took a beating without making a sound. Jesse frowned watching as his husband was tormented and assaulted in front of him. Two hands came to rest on his shoulder belonging to his older brother, Wolffe who was worried for Howzer who had stopped moving to conserve energy but it was making him look more dead than alive. 

After a few minutes of torture, Charles signalled for his guards to stop and he viciously grabbed his sons chin again, “Are you ready to tell me yet or do I have to start torturing the others? Hmm” Charles said, signalling for a guard to open a nearby door to the hangar where their missing family members were dragged into the room. Kix sighed to himself at least he didn’t have to worry about them being in a disclosed place. 

Cody and the others watched as their family was dragged into the room. Cody made sure to connect eyes with both Obi-one and their son Skywalker. Beside the two Boil, Waxer, Hardcase and Tup were dragged in. Boil and Waxer had served alongside Cody, Rex and Jesse. But, Tup was actually Boil and Waxer’s son. Also, Dogma was missing who was Tup’s husband. Tup looked around frantically, Jesse could tell the young man was panicking, he was about Duster’s age which was 21. 

“It seems we are missing one. Hmm, almost like I am missing some information” Charles said gesturing for his men to make his captives kneel and get ready to fire. Kix groaned when he was pulled to his feet. Something rolled out of his pocket. Charles looked at it and gasped, when did Kix have time to grab a flashbang. Wolffe watched as Howzer squeezed his eyes shut and covered his ears just as the grenade went off. Charles cried out in agony. Kix ignored the pain as he tackled his father. He was aware of the pistol going off yet again but thankfully it didn’t hit anyone. The personal guard ran for his ‘master’ and tried to separate the two while Kix held a pistol to his fathers head. 

“Let them go!” Kix gritted out of his teeth, before Charles could say anything. “I will go with you and take you to what you require” Kix finished, Charles looked at his son in shock. He nodded at his guard who gestured for the captives to be released. But, none of them moved for one reason alone, another individual had entered dragging not only Dogma but a young boy in the arms of a furious looking Dogma.  

“Charles! We must leave now! The Black Suns are on their way!” 

“Dooku!” Obi-one called out looking at the man who had caused all sorts of problems for the military, Dooku only smiled. He then turned to his son, Charles who nodded and grabbed Kix’s shirt. “You have two minutes,” Charles said, shoving Kix forward. The medic scrambled to grab his brother and help him over to the others who all wore different expressions. Wolffe took Howzer from him, allowing Jesse to wrap him up in his arms. 

“Kixy, please don’t leave me” Jesse said holding him close, he looked at the man with so much love as tears slipped down his face. Kix smiled, kissing Jesse showing his love, he whispered “watch over the kids for me. This isn’t goodbye. I promise” Kix assured, he dropped something into Jesse’s hand. It was his ring. “Hold this close for me” Kix said, kissing Jesse one last time before letting go and walking back over to his father and grandfather. Charles smirked looking at Howzer who half glared at him. 

He was shoved into the back of the suv with Charles and Dooku on either side of him, as soon as the door shut. The batch snapped into action, Crosshair now had his firepuncher and started shooting at the remaining guards taking them down one by one. Dusty and Duster appeared out of nowhere taking down any guards landing on the marksman's other sides. They had been watching from above. Cody grabbed the nearest pistol and shot the man holding a gun to his partner's head. Hunter and Fives worked together taking out any guards aiming for them leaving Wrecker time to free the captives with Ahsoka’s help. Echo and Tech watched from the doorway, Tech keeping an eye on the children in the room while Echo watched his back. 

“CODY!” Obi-one yelled when a helicopter came to hover in front of them all armed with missiles. Cody turned in fear, he took a step forward out of instinct. The helicopter floated in mid-air confusing them all until it came to land beside a hovering jet. Someone stepped out of the helicopter and they were furious, it was none other than Commander Fox. 

“Fox!” Cody let out a breath seeing the commander who was storming towards them, he grabbed a nearby guard who was still alive and held a gun to his head. “Tell me where they took my baby brother right now or I will kill you!” Fox demanded, the guard paled as he whispered something. Fox thanked him by shooting him in the head without any remorse, making the others gasp in fright. “FOX! WHAT THE HELL!” Obi-one yelled earning himself a glare from Fox who moved over to Howzer, the ex-captain claiming he was fine. 

“I’m good Fox, go get Kix back” Howzer commanded. Fox nodded, he turned to the rest of the Elite Squad. “Crosshair with me now!” Fox said, turning on his heel. Jesse looked at Crosshair who nodded, the marksman pecked Hunter's lips as he, Dusty and Duster sprinted off after Fox. Fives was about to go when Hunter grabbed his arm, “Protect him” Hunter whispered pressing his own lips to Fives forehead, the arc trooper was a bit startled but grinned as he took off into a sprint. He was winning over Hunter, he shared a smile with Crosshair.

“Cody! Call it in” Wolffe said, lowering Howzer to the floor just as two blue Suv’s entered. They had one symbol on their cars and it was the Black Suns symbol. No one moved an inch until Howzer climbed to his feet and approached the leader. Wolffe watched as the two exchanged something before Howzer gestured for the group to come with. A few more Suv’s turned up. 

“Get in” Howzer said, picking up Comet while Wolffe grabbed Sinker. There were ten cars so more than enough room. Howzer’s tone showed that no one would dare argue with him, not after what had just happened. 

The batch piled into the back of a van with the children. Since none of them felt like arguing and it gave the others seats. Jesse, Thorn and Gregor climbed in with the bad batch, the swat officer personally avoiding Cody and Rex for any questions.

Stay Tuned for more on its way soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.5K 27
"Choose a side.. we all have to now." Noble knew from the visions that the END was coming... With the Bad Batch unknowingly going into this so called...
76K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...
7.4K 299 26
In which a genetically enhanced clone runs around a changed galaxy with her brothers and newfound little sister all while keeping a major secret in f...
613 20 7
Elara. The name implies joy and warmth. Such as how Elara Adora was seen when she lived with her mother before being forced to flee. Such as shown wh...