Love in the Night | Dick Gray...

By swiftielvrrr

(UNDER EDITING 9/26/23) Olivia Kent had grown up as a sweet and loving girl until death had made her cold. D... More

Characters
Background
1| Clark Kent
2| Minneapolis, Minnesota
3| Storage Unit
Ch 4: Explosion
Ch 5: Motel
Ch 6: Safe House
Ch 7: Demonic Posessions
Ch 8: Mephisto
Ch 9: Asylum
Ch 10: Reconcile
Ch 11: Old Friends
Ch 12: End of Trigon
Ch 13: San Francisco
Ch 14: The Return of Dr. Light
Ch 15: Titans
Ch 16: Burnt City
Ch 17: Garth
Ch 18: Deathstroke
Ch 19: Saving Jason
Ch 20: Conner Kent
Ch 21: Lies
Ch 22: Atlantis
Ch 23: Elko
Ch 24: Donna Troy
Ch 25: Clea
Ch 26: Thanos
Ch 27: Barbara Gordon
Ch 28: Jason's Alive
Ch 29: Hank Hall
Ch 30: Sniper
Ch 31: Chthon
Ch 32: He Returns
Added Cast
Ch 33: Awaken
Ch 34: Wedding Bells
To Be Continued
Ch 35: America Chavez
Ch 36: Metropolis-191
Ch 37: Goodbye For Now
Ch 38: Mistakes
Ch 39: Consequences
Ch 40: Road Trip
Ch 41: S.T.A.R. Labs
Ch 42: Lex Luthor
Ch 43: Time of Need
Ch 44: Unwanted Guests
Ch 45: Old Friends 2.0
Ch 47: The Great Counsel

Ch 46: Arrest

119 5 0
By swiftielvrrr

I stood across from Dick with my arms crossed zoning out as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Liv, what's going on?" He asked. "Ever since you came out of stone form you've been off."

"One thing at a time" I said. 

He sighed as I forced a smile. 

"He hasn't talked, he's scared, shaken up. Rachel's trying though. They have a connection" I said. 

"I don't think he was going to be the next victim. I think she wanted him for some other reason" he said. "Tim checked Sebastian's record. He's never been violent in his life. His mother dies, he gets set up for murder. Add Lex Luthor dying, the whole slaughterhouse gang. As crazy as it sounds, this thing has a familiar ring to it."

"It's all so coincidental" I said. "Do you think this has something to do with the Organization?"

"Could be" he said. 

I tilted my head, pondering if I should tell him about my grandmother. 

"When I turned to stone I saw my grandmother. And no, not my fathers mom, my mothers mom. I saw the great Natalya Maximoff" I said. 

"What did she say to you?" He asked.

"She called me the Emerald Witch" I said. "There's a civil war coming my way but she didn't say with who. She was warning me but.. I'm scared I lost Billy."

"You didn't lose him" he said.

"He believes I killed Clea, he truly believes that" I said.

I pushed my hair back, taking a deep breath. He kissed the side of my head before walking away. 

"We should probably get back on the road. Moving targets are harder to hit" he said.

I followed him back to the RV as I got on. I looked at Jinx who was leaning over the table, looking at Conner. 

"So... son of Superman, right?" She asked. 

"Sort of, yeah" Conner said. 

"Can you fly?" She asked. 

"No" he said. 

"That's a shame. What about magic phobia?" She asked. 

"The what?" He said. 

"The magic phobia?" She said. "Hmm. Superman kind of has a brown thumb when it comes to magic. It flusters him."

"That's not true" he said. 

"Actually kind of is" I said. "Not everybody is invincible."

They all looked at me as I smiled. 

"My mother being an example" I said. 

"He always did have a weakness for Wanda Maximoff" Jinx said. 

"He really did, or does" I said. 

"Can we talk?" She asked. 

I looked at everyone, nodding as we went to the back of the RV. 

"I'm sorry, I've done fucked up shit to a lot of people but I never meant for you and Z to get in it" she said. 

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, and you know that" I said. 

"I can't bare to talk to her" she said. "Pretty sure she blocked me every single way possible."

"Keep what I'm about to say between us" I said. 

I looked at the kids, my eyes zoning in on America. She was so pure and sweet, I didn't want anything bad happening to her. 

"Is this about the whole new magic lady?" She said. "Because I'd thought you have it under control, you love being in control."

"I'm going to be arrested very soon" I said. 

"Olivia being a bad girl?" She smirked. 

"For a murder of the Sorcerer Supreme" I said. 

"Wasn't one of your brothers supposed to be it at one point?" She asked. 

"He is now" I said. "I don't want the kids to hear but I may very well be executed."

"You're going on trial? And you didn't ask me to be apart of your counsel? Rude" she said. "Did you ask Zatanna?"

I bit my top lip as she scoffed. 

"The fact of the matter is, I need someone to watch over them" I said. "Especially Dick. The last thing I need is my husband dying, again."

"Husband? Again?" She said. 

"I really need you to watch over the girl" I said. "In my absence I'm hoping you will protect her. Her training has vastly improved but she's only sixteen."

"When we were sixteen we were doing much worse things" she said. 

"Can we be serious for once?" I asked. 

"I'll watch her" she said. 

"Thank you" I said. 

Dick, Kory and Rachel got onto the RV. I hadn't realized Sebastian was already back as I passed by him. I went to sit in the passenger seat as Dick began driving. We went back to the asylum to make sure it was in fact burned down but ended up at a super market. I stood outside with my hands on my hips as I looked at Kory. 

"When I checked the GPS this didn't show up" I said. 

"It's just gone" she said. 

"This is weird" I said. 

"They made it a super super mart" Gar said. 

"There's something here" Rachel said. 

I turned around, hearing ravens crow as I glanced at Rachel. We followed the crows to the back of the building to find a locked door. 

"What is that?" Kory asked. 

"Just your standard portal to hell" Gar said. 

I smacked the back of his head as he put his hand over where mine was. 

"Ow" he said. 

"It's not the time for that" I said. "Conner."

Conner pushed through us to laser the lock on the door. We all pretty much paired up as Jinx and I went together. We followed Conner, Tim and America down a hall as we looked around. 

"There's absolutely nothing creepy about this" Jinx said. 

"When we were younger you did like creepy, what happened?" I asked. 

"Creepy almost got me killed on numerous occasions" she said. 

I tried to hold back my laugh as she nudged me. 

"Guys, I found something!" Tim yelled. 

We sped up our pace until we met up with Tim and America. We gathered the others as we listened to old recordings. I crossed my arms as we listened to a recording of what sounded like a birth. 

Tim monkeyed with the recording, speeding it up until a conversation between a woman, presumably the woman who had attacked us, and a man. She said Sebastians name as we all looked at him. 

"Why did she say my name?" He asked. 

"Do you have the mark?" Rachel asked. 

"What?" He said. 

Rachel moved her sweater to show a mark on her shoulder as Sebastian slowly did the same. 

"He's the one from the children book who makes a hole in the sky" Kory said. 

"I"m sorry, children's book?" Jinx said.

Everyone talked over one another as I kept quiet. I moved my head, getting an uneasy feeling. I heard noises approaching, clanking, feet being dragged. 

"Shh!" I said.  

They all shut up as everyone listened. 

"What the hell is that" Kory said. 

"Wake up and smell the undead, people" Jinx said. "There's zombies in the mart."

We all faced the many zombies that were holding weapons. 

"I got this" Kory said. 

She stepped back a bit before throwing her hand out and a blue energy beam bursted out. 

"That's not going to woooork" Jinx sang. 

The zombies yelled out before attacking. 

"Liv, do something!" Gar said. "Can't you put them to sleep."

"Uhh, no I can't, they're fucking dead!" I said. 

I opened my hands up, feeling them glow as their weapons turned to dust. I shrugged my shoulders after the zombies looked confused before going back to attack. 

"Fuck this" Jinx said. 

She clapped her hands together as a pink light appeared and all the zombies froze. 

"I can only hold them for a few seconds" she said. 

"Lets get out of here" Dick said. 

We ran down the hall to a large room with old desks. I kneeled down to America to make sure she wasn't hurt when I heard crackling noises. I looked at everyones faces as they all looked stunned. 

"Fuck" I whispered. 

I slowly stood up, turning around to be faced with Wong and several other sorcerers, standing outside a yellow portal. 

"Olivia Grayson, you are officially being placed under arrest for the murder of Sorcerer Supreme Clea" Wong said. "By order of the new Sorcerer Supreme, we ask that you come with us willingly."

I nodded my head as I held my hands out for restraints. Wong put the restraints on my wrists as I gasped in pain. 

"Grab the girl" he said. 

"What? No!" I said. 

I watched as the other sorcerers went after America. 

"She didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled. "She's a kid!"

I felt my eyes begin to glow when something was put around my neck and I fell unconscious. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 2.1K 53
" How do you destroy a monster without becoming one ? " πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’πš› πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ πš“πšžπšœπš 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 πš πš‘πš˜πš•πšŽ ...
48.5K 2.4K 26
"After all, us sidekicks have to stick together." Titans [Season One/Two] Dick Grayson x Male oc Disclaimer: I do NOT own Nightwing or any of the DC...
134 12 7
There's something inside all of us. A darkness, whether we'll admit it or not. Sometimes, we let it take control. And we like it.
9.3K 127 21
A 17year old girl, who was taken in by Scarecrow when she was 15 and ran away from her family. He trained her to help him kill the Titans. But there...