Daughter of Tyrant ✔️

By 00Kyros00

a little girl who didn't know the difference between good and bad is swept into the world of chaos. Sofia La... More

character
prologue
«1»
«2»
«3»
«4»
«5»
«6»
«7»
«8»
«9»
«10»
«11»
«12»
«13»
«14»
«15»
«16»
«17»
«18»
«19»
«20»
«21»
«23»
«24»
«25»
«26»
«27»
«28»

«22»

5.2K 154 10
By 00Kyros00

Sofia

i get to go to my grandparents place for a week, and daddy is coming as well!

when I woke up I forgot I had snuck into dad's room during my sleepwalking phase, so here I am, laying at the foot of the bed with my feet facing towards the head of the bed.

i have to say, it was comfy, i am here for it.

"great you're up. have you seen my navy blue boxer?" i hear dad's voicing chiming in, as he rummages through his wardrobe and chest dresser.

"Eh? no, I don't know where, but don't you own like multiple boxers?" i ask in a matter-fact tone, "i know, but they're just my favourite" dad goes on saying, which i peek down at my legs, and realised I was wearing them.

"yeahh, sorry dad. i don't know where they are" I say solemnly, which he sighs before settling on another boxer of his.

while he was distracted, I managed to make my way out of his room, and down my hallway and into my room.

phew, it almost like I could have been caught, who would've thought that dad has a favourite.

getting changed and ready for the day was easy, next I have to pack a week of clothes.

i flung my suitcase onto my bed, and went through my wardrobe pulling every possible clothes I would want to wear, before settling on 7 outfits.

oh, and if you must know, I did change out of my dad's boxer, I'll have to give it back to dad, and have it appear back in his possession magically!!

i zipped up my suitcase, and realised I needed to pack hygienes as well, I had checked my phone to see my period tracker.

I grimaced as i looked at the predictable period day.

today. it was gonna happen today, at some point, i know that period trackers aren't like accurate all the time, but it gives you the gist of one.

i was quick to check my supply cabinet, and I saw one.. just a singular pad.

well that's a problem, i never been faced with such a dilemma. We were leaving to their place in less than 30 minutes.

after a long moment of contemplation, i resigned and decided to pester dad about it.

"dad. dad. dad." i say repeatedly, even though he heard me the first time as he was busy finalizing some paper, "daughter. daughter. daughter" dad mimics me, which I pretend to feel offended.

"so like, i ran out of period supplies." I just cut to the chase, "now that's a problem" my dad says assessing the information I just shared with him.

"um. yes, it is a problem. because according to my tracker, it's going to happen today." i brought up as dad was still thinking!!

we probably would be by the store by now, if dad isn't such a long thinker.

it's not that he takes his time to think, he does that to annoy me.

"we mustn't waste time now." dad retorts in such a upperclassmen accent,

"okay Rumpelstiltskin" which earns a laugh from dad.

we decided on picking up the supplies on our way there, so after we drove for 30 minutes, we made a pitstop at a surprisingly nice gas station.

"Dad, what did you buy me?" i ask, which he showed me the way and I read the label as 'kotex'

"hey! dad doesn't that sound like durex?" i say sheepishly, "mhm, if you say so" dad responds, trying to get off the topic of condoms.

"this, and this, oh and this" i tell him as we make our way to the cashier.

"am I your atm?" dad questions, which I nodded earnestly.

"yep. A portable atm too!"

"what a good brother that you have" the cashier says, as she scans the items.

brother? where?

"huh? i have a brother?" i say, amused at the cashier, how does she know I have a brother, when I don't even know.

"ah.. is that man with you, not your brother..?" the cashier lady says trailing off before her eyes widens.

"um- no, not my brother" i corrected, which I immediately cursed at myself,
"ah! he's my father!" I say quickly, she must of thought I was dating him...

good grief, does dad look that young? to be considered my brother?

"ohh! wow. what skin care does your dad use?" she asks now intrigued.

i was going to answer her question but dad beat me to it, "it's called having a kid young" dad says, which i was flabbergasted.

and the facial expression of the cashier was too funny, is that why dad looks so good? like his skin is just so smooth, while I'm over here trying every skincare routine I can think of, and still not have smooth skin.

so after that encounter we were on our way.

i just bursted into fits of laughter, "dad you must enjoy doing that" i stated as dad helps me into the car, i swear he thinks I'm incapable of doing simple tasks by myself.

"mhm. that's why I have you" dad responds, as he gets into the driver side.

i am not really sure why he doesn't have his driver.

we eventually get to my grandparents place.

it was exciting, just going on a car ride with dad, and hanging with the grandparents.

when we arrived, dad parks the car, and immediately grandma was already out there to greet us.

"grandma!" I exclaim, as I didn't bother to unload my suitcase, since dad and grandpa were already unloading.

"hi my angel. you grew a lot, I barely recognize you" grandma mentions as she's pinching my cheeks.

i swear it's a typical grandma move.

she's only 48, and somehow has the traits of a grandma.

so after the brief greeting, it was dinner.

i washed up for dinner and as I was exiting the bathroom, while turning the corner I heard dad talking with grandma in such a hush mode.

i carefully packed up so I wasn't spotted,

eavesdropping is bad, yes i know, but it won't hurt anyone.

"son. i wouldn't do that to you" i hear grandma say, as dad is pinching the bridges of his nose, by the looks of it, it was a argument of some sort.

"did you know?" i hear dad say in a frustrated way.

then it was nothing, and i decided to make my entrance, and that is when the atmosphere from before changed.

"great! it's your favourite, lasagna. yes?" grandma says in a chirpy voice, and then grandpa is already sitting.

"ahh! yes" i say, no. lasagna isn't my favourite anymore, i prefer coconut chicken.

i sat next to dad as we begin to dig into the food, but before we could, grandpa decided to bless the food by praying.

it was sort of awkward for me still, even though we've done it countless of times whenever we ate here.

soon after the awkwardness, we were able to start eating.

i wonder what my dad was talking about with his mom.

i try to observe the interactions between the two, but there wasn't anything off, it was normal.

when dinner comes to an end, i offer to help clean up, but grandma insists I don't have, so I was left to my own devices.

dad went to take a shower, and grandpa went to pick up some errands for this week.

grandma was busy cleaning the kitchen up, even though they have house workers.

i went on my phone for a bit, and that's when I felt aunt flo making a visit.

i went off to the bathroom fast, and was quick to put a change of pads.

i wash my hands thoroughly, and then i went to grab some chocolates from the cabinet.

"grandma?" i call out, and she responds, "yes dear?"

"what were you and dad talking about?" i ask, i decided to come clean.

"oh.." grandma trails off,

"It was nothing. Just about his upbringing" she responds, but I didn't believe that.

"oh, okay" i say not wanting to go further into it, maybe my curiosity is someone's pain.

after I left the kitchen, grandma follows behind and shuts the kitchen lights off.

"what else did you hear?" she asks,

"nothing really. i couldn't make sense of it" i respond, which she just sighs in relief.

i went to find dad, and bother him.

the shower was off, and I could smell my favourite fragment, old spice.

i knock at the door, indicating it was me.

"come in, the door is unlocked now" dad says, which i open the door, and dad was busy shaving his face.

a towel wrapped around his waist, and water still dripping from his hair,

"dad, i may or may not have eavesdropped" i begin to say, as I sit myself at the ledge of the bathtub.

i really love the warmth of the bathroom, especially after someone has taken a shower, bathrooms are the best hangouts.

"oh?" dad looks in my direction through the mirror, still shaving.

"yeah. like when you and grandma started talking about  something important it seems" I responded, which dad washes his face off.

"hand me that face towel" dad asks which I quickly bring it to him,

"well. i think your grandmother is hiding something from us" dad answers, taking the face towel.

dang dad, really throwing your mother under the bus.

"what is it?" i ask eagerly, and dad opens the door exiting the bathroom.

"love, i don't know" dad says, even though he was frustrated internally, i could feel the irritation.

when I follow him to his bedroom, i still was pestering him.

"dad will i get abs like yours?" i question, poking at my stomach, but dad is quick to pull my shirt down.

"don't just show your stomach" dad says, which leaves me confused.

"but dad you're literally -" i didn't bother completely my sentence since dad sits himself on the edge of the bed.

"i don't want you to randomly show off your stomach or any parts of you to random people" he begins to explain, "but you're not random?" i say but with more of a questioning tone.

"yes. I know, i just catch you doing that a lot of times, where you lift up your shirt and put it back down" dad says.

"ohh, i don't know why I even do that" i say, sometimes I just lift my shirt to cool myself off, but I don't even know I do it.

"but dad will. i. get. abs. like. yours." i utter every word with determination,

"not exactly like mine. but you can have abs" dad responds, as he pulls a hoodie over.

"ohh that's cool, what is the workout routine"

after the baseless conversations with dad, I never did get to the bottom of what grandma is hiding, but I just didn't care about it as much so I stuck it to the back of my brain, and decided we should all play monopoly.

edit: 12.8.22
published: 12.1.22
a/n: I wonder what the grandma is hiding hehe
vote
comment

follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 25.4K 37
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
119K 1.8K 33
Vivian Zhu is abused by her father, and being an only child with no mother doesn't make it any easier. To make matters worse, she's being bullied at...
541K 14.9K 76
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
175K 10.2K 40
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...