The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 30

34 2 1
By betheyes

A worried Rex waited by the camera’s to watch for the batch, he had called Jesse and explained the situation. Amber and Hera were trying to wake Omega up but nothing was working. Wolffe and Howzer were watching over both sets of twins. Comet and Sinker were looking into the moses basket that held both Naomi and Colton. Ten minutes had passed before two bikes appeared on the screen driving at full speed, Rex gasped seeing Fives. He hadn’t seen the man since Omega’s birthday party, the arc trooper avoided Rex like the plague. The gates opened allowing both bikes and now caught up, police cruiser through. Rex turned away from the screen for a second and then turned back to see the gates firmly shut. Totally unaware he had let someone else in. Rex hurried to the door to let them in, the batch ran through the doors. Kix and Jesse appeared and without thinking about it Kix followed Crosshair into the building. Ahsoka was glaring at the man and watching his movements. 

Hunter reached Omega first, he hovered over her unaware of what to do. Crosshair nudged him slightly to the side allowing himself and Kix to kneel beside the unconscious girl. 

“What happened?” Hunter demanded looking at Rex with so much worry. 

“She was playing with Hera and Amber. They were running around when she slipped and hit her head. She got up claiming she was alright, had a drink of water then she was up again. We told her to take some rest so she did for five minutes…” 

“GET TO THE POINT REX!” Kix growled out. Jesse lay a comforting hand on the medic’s arm. Everyone looked shocked at the medic who looked ready to shoot someone. 

Rex gulped, “She was up and running again when she fell a second time. We thought she did it to scare us but when she didn’t get up we became very worried. So we waited a few minutes but she didn’t move or respond. Howzer checked her over but couldn’t find anything” 

Kix turned to look at his older brother, “No bump or bruise. Her pulse was elevated; whether that was adrenaline, I wouldn’t know. But, she did say she had a nosebleed earlier, she told Wolffe” Howzer explained looking at his partner who nodded. Kix sighed using the actual information to assess the girl. 

Hunter had to prevent himself from pacing and instead found himself wrapped up in Wrecker’s arms. Echo moved closer to the two as the batch found comfort in each other. 

“Crosshair, pass the scanner” Kix muttered, while fiddling with his stethoscope. Crosshair passed over the scan machine that Kix had stolen from the army since civilians shouldn’t have it but then again most people weren’t trained the way Kix was. 

The batch watched as Kix administered a few needles and took care of one of their youngest members. Rex and Ahsoka gulped when Omega started to seize. Kix and Crosshair had to hold her down especially when she woke up. “Father” Her cry made Hunter move forward but Jesse had to restrain him. Omega was delirious. Kix was sweating trying to work out what was wrong until something caught his eye, the cup of water. He grabbed a test kit out of his bag, all of them watched as he tested the water. Jesse came to stand directly behind him and help him when he could. 

Kix swirled the water slightly and watched it confirm his suspicions. “She’s been drugged. There is something in the water, who else has had some” Kix said getting up and walking over to the tap, he noticed the difference in the colour. He looked at it and analysed it. Jesse watched with a smile seeing his husband in his element. 

“We kind of stuck to bottled water,” Howzer said, gesturing at him, Wolffe and the kids. Rex and Ahsoka nodded while Amber gestured to her juice as did Hera. 

The medic just pressed his fingers to his nose hoping to prevent another headache from talking to pointless people. Jesse wrapped an arm around his waist knowing Kix was exhausted. “Are you saying someone drugged my daughter? Is there a way to wake her up?” Hunter asked, his eyes full of fury. Fives smiled watching the batch comfort one of the oldest. 

“Yes and yeah we can wake her. But, I would rather she woke up when the drug has worn off rather than if she wakes up now. She will be like a drunk” Kix explained, rubbing his temple again. Jesse reached across to massage his forehead, the medic smiled in thanks. His migraine was getting worse and the two could tell. 

"So what do we do?" Ahsoka's question was silenced by an explosion and the front gates blowing off. Rex ran to the window only to gasp, a dozen vehicles were entering the premises from both sides, they were trapped. 

"Who's that?!" Hera cried out, Tech grabbed her away from the window as all eyes turned to Rex. 

"Please tell me you have weapons" Echo asked. Rex shook his head looking at an equal Ahsoka shaking hers to. 

"Well that's just great! We are so dead!" Wrecker whined earning himself a look from Hunter. 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that" Wolffe's voice rang out, it was originally his house. They all watched as the man put his hand against the fridge and it glowed. A panel popped out that needed a password. 

"Fives" the arc trooper moved as soon as Wolffe called his name. Rex watched as his ex-boyfriend walked over and placed a code in revealing a door that led to stairs. Hunter, Wolffe, Rex, Ahsoka, Jesse, Echo and Fives made their way down only to gasp at the weaponry in the room.

"What the hell is this doing in my house!" Rex said earning himself the 'look' of both Wolffe and Jesse. 

Fives and Echo only grinned as they picked a gun each and grabbed a few for their friends. When Hunter returned to the room he gasped, somehow Crosshair was standing with his Firepuncher and Kix had a rifle too. Jesse frowned but then recognised Kix's medical bag. It was the spare guns. In other words, Crosshair had just re-built them. Hunter turned for a minute to help Echo when he had the sudden urge to turn around. He gasped, Crosshair and the children had disappeared. Thankfully, before he could freak out. A hand landed on his shoulder revealing Ahsoka who directed the leader to a room hidden beneath the stairs. Crosshair was leaning against the opening which consisted of Omega, Hera, Comet, Sinker, Howzer, Kix, Amber, Naomi and Colton. The two brothers would watch all the kids and Kix had to be there for Omega. Tech would be hiding with them too as would Ahsoka. Leaving the rest to deal with the battle ahead. 

Fives had disappeared somewhere in the house with Echo. The terror twins which Wolffe had nicknamed had an idea and walked off without a word. If they weren't in the situation they were in right now, Rex would be yelling at the two of them. 

Hunter frowned, he kissed Crosshairs forehead and hid behind the counter with none other than the marksman himself. Wrecker was situated behind a wall with Jesse. The two are sticking together for now. All former soldiers made sure they had advantage points around the room. The door to the house was slammed open just as a smoke grenade was thrown in. Crosshair gasped, grabbing it and throwing it back out the window. He knew the others would struggle to see through it. A bang from upstairs and shooting alerted the group that the terror twins had ran into some conflict. 

"Shit! They have a tank! Who the Fuck are these people!" Jesse shouted urging everyone to move. Crosshair was busy sending a message to Cody, Obi-one and the elite squad while another member of their family sent a more coded message elsewhere. 

"Bad batch Formation 12, cover the kids and medics!" Hunter ordered as Kix, Howzer and the kids were forced to move. Omega was in Howzers arms. The captain being covered by Wolffe. Comet and Sinker clung to Howzer making it more difficult to move. Wolffe frowned at his kids but it couldn't be helped, he directed them further into the house. Fives gasped remembering something, he made a signal to Echo for him to follow him which his twin discreetly did. The gunmen were still looking for them. 

The small group arrived at the back of the house just as three helicopters were heading their way.

"Oh crap!! What do we do now!!!" Ahsoka cried out holding Amber close to her body. Her baby girl was crying with fear. 

They weren't just any helicopters, they were wildcats. Rex smiled when he recognised the colours on them. Backup had arrived. The bad batch were still covering their rear, Crosshair was taking out many of the gunmen who were trying to sneak up on them. "Hunter! I'm out! Wrecker yelled, Hunter looked his way with fear as he had the same problem. Kix sighed moving past the two and shooting with his rifle. The medic wasn't one for getting involved but his aim was almost perfect. He, Crosshair and Jesse stood defending them all. 

A helicopter came to land beside them, "You called for back-up" Thorns' cheery voice rang out. Rex smiled, turning to Kix with a nod. The medic ignored him, continuing to defend their backs. The doors opened revealing Gregor, he smiled at them all and helped the kids in while the other two landed behind him. 

"Split off, Dusty and Duster are in one. The other is Cody!" Gregor yelled over the rotor blades. Rex nodded instantly, taking leadership. 

Crosshair and Kix continued to cover their backs. But once the first helicopter took off with the kids in it. The two turned and sprinted for the last helicopter as did Echo and Fives who were ahead of them. The two smirked as Wrecker pressed a button to explode a string of grenades Fives had set up in a line just behind the house. 

Fives reached the helicopter, he helped Echo in as Hunter and Wrecker encouraged Crosshair and Kix to hurry up. The two were quite far back. Dusty started the helicopter back up just as a bullet whistled past Kix's head. The medic stopped knowing exactly who that was, he turned only to gasp at who stepped out from the doorway of the house. Kix gulped as the furious eyes stared back at him. A hand on his shoulder brought him back to reality, he turned to see Crosshair pushing him forward and into the helicopter. Hunter shut the door signalling it was time to go. Kix frowned as the bullets shot at the wildcat helicopter came to a sudden stop. He slumped on the floor out of exhaustion mainly. Looking up he noticed the concerned eyes looking at him. 

With a sigh, Kix rested his head on his knees and shut his eyes. He was aware of someone pressing into his side, quirking an eyebrow when he saw Duster. Lifting his arm he allowed the young man to snuggle close. Kix was a very private man and the others respected that but the way he sat, he looked sick. 

"Dad, what's wrong?" Crosshair whispered. Kix shook his head ignoring the question. His vision was swimming, he needed his older brothers majorly. Taking a deep breath, Kix wrapped an arm around Duster and closed his eyes. 

It wasn't long until the helicopter came to a stop, Dusty had landed the aircraft on an old aircraft base. Dusty and Duster were the proud owners of it. There were few old vintage planes and helicopters in hangars. The two liked to put old aircraft back together, it's what they spent most of the time doing. They were also brothers, Dusty was the older one by two years. 

Jesse smirked when the batch emerged from the helicopter. His frown deepened as he watched his adoptive sons helping their dad out. Yes Kix had more kids, it was from his ex-partner who will not be named.

Quickly the swat officer ran over to take Kix's weight from Duster who nodded in thanks. The medic looked sick, he must have looked worse for wear because Howzer caught sight of his baby brother and was instantly moving towards the pale almost grey medic who was on the verge of a breakdown. Jesse had lowered him to the floor holding him to his chest, Kix cried out into his husband's chest. Howzer skidded to the floor beside the two and wrapped Kix up in his arms. The medic cried out his fears mentioning something to the two that made Howzer freeze. Jesse watched with worry as the captain climbed to his feet and grabbed his phone. 

After a few minutes Kix settled, the medic only having a short breakdown. Jesse was well aware another would come later on. Howzer walked over to Jesse a few seconds after coming off the phone. He whispered, "Do not mention the black suns to anyone, do you understand?!" There was a small threat in there but Jesse understood perfectly as he nodded. Kix remained in his arms taking deep breaths, he was still pale but gaining colour. 

Together with Dusty's help, Jesse managed to get Kix over to where the others were. They had all taken haven in one of the hangars. Dusty even had a small crate that Hunter lay the twins in with Wrecker watching them since their parents were comforting the newly awakened Omega and Hera. 

Crosshair wore a furious expression, he was glaring at nothing in particular but something in his eyes made the others worry. The marksman looked to be seeing something else as he watched Hera hug Tech and Echo. No one approached him, especially when he got up to ring someone. Dusty and Duster watched him in concern, their commander. Their older brother in a sense since Crosshair always kept a strict eye on them when they served with him, especially Duster since he was the youngest.

Kix smiled from where he was in Jesse's arms, he watched Howzer and Ahsoka check Omega over since he couldn't. 

"Cody, what do we do?" Rex asked him since he had no idea himself. He, Cody, Wolffe, Hunter, Echo, Fives and Ahsoka stood around in a circle working out a plan of what to do next. Cody sighed, pinching his nose, they still didn't know who had attacked. 

"Hey Kix! You froze up when we were running why?!" Echo asked the medic who went rigid in Jesse's arms, his husband tightened his grip on him. 

"Kix! If you know who shot up the house and tried to kill us all, you need to tell me now. So we can send out an alert and head to a safe house" Cody said sternly, he stepped forward but he didn't scare Kix whatsoever. The medic crossed his arms thinking about it a little longer. Jesse rubbed his back in comfort showing he was with him if it went downhill. Wolffe watched from the side as he held a sleepy Comet in his arms since Sinker had sunk to the floor to play with Hera, Amber and Omega. The three girls played a game of tag with him to occupy him and now they had a pack of cards courtesy of Dusty. 

When Kix didn't respond, Howzer walked over to his brother and kneeled in front of him. He placed a hand against his brother's distant eyes, "Kix, was it him?" Howzer asked quietly. Kix only nodded and then muttered something to Howzer who flinched slightly. The captain was quick to get up, grab his radio and signal for his nephews to come here. Dusty and Duster were quick to comply with their uncle's instructions as they took off running to the helicopters to refuel them. 

The others watched and were mesmerised. "What's going on?!" Ahsoka demanded turning to Howzer; she was almost in his face when Wolffe stepped in the way. Ahsoka let out an exasperated sigh and turned to Rex who frowned.

Stay Tuned for more chapters on their way soon!
Feel free to check out my new book its based on Kix and Jesse with the bad batch! It's called 'A Medic's Pain'
Thank you for the reads, votes and comments! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 1K 35
During the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch is tasked with a variety of missions across the galaxy. An unexpected addition to their team throws a wrench in...
1.2K 21 15
In one universe, when Order 66 came through, it's Hunter's inhibitor chip which activates, leaving the Bad Batch floundering with their leader's sudd...
145K 4.6K 45
When she was asked to join the Bad Batch she though little to nothing about it. I mean she was a doctor after all and her job was to make sure the cl...
23.8K 624 46
Ella is a mandalorian Jedi trying to find her way through this new galaxy after order 66 and she happens to bump into her favourite clones. who knows...