The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 29

28 2 1
By betheyes

The living room of Kix and Jesse’s house had never been so quiet, the room was stunned. Crosshair looked at Fives who squeezed his hand in comfort. They had just released news that turned the Elite Squad cold. 

Hunter was giving Fives a cold stare while he was looking a little shocked at Crosshair, the marksman hadn’t moved an inch, he sat rigid fiddling with his hands as well as Fives. The Arc-trooper didn’t seem to mind as he slumped into the sofa. A heavy weight had come off both of their chests. Kix remained with his hands on Jesse’s shoulders, the swat officer was staring at his husband in shock. Kix had never told Jesse that scenario. It was still running through Jesse’s head, he could have lost his husband and he wasn’t there. Instead, Jesse and Rex had joined the police force where the bad batch were situated. At the time, he would have been on the other side of the world. 

“So, you and him?” Hunter’s question made smiles spring around the room. Fives sat up to look Hunter in the eyes, “In all honesty, Hunter I still love Crosshair but I know he is happy. During our serving time…” Crosshair raised an eyebrow, “Okay…through most of Crosshairs serving time. I had the urge to protect him, I don’t know why. But, I just had to. Overtime, since we spent time with each other. Yes, that includes Tents. We kind of bonded. We never went too far and there was one time but we used protection!” Fives said earning himself some groans and a wack from Kix, the man didn’t need to know that. Crosshair was grinning beside an impatient Hunter who made a clearing of the throat noise. Fives turned to him and gulped, he was quick to continue. “So yeah we had that. I protected him and in return I was his second, which I did a quite good job at making sure the pencil ate” Fives dodged a swipe from Crosshair who continued to grin despite the situation, Fives smiled back at him. 

“Your point?” Echo butted in before Hunter’s head exploded. 

“Oh, well I do still love him but he is with you and I would never jump the gun with him without your permission. In all fairness he is happy with you and I am happy to be his best-friend. Crosshair was the one who always had the best advice especially when it came to Rex or dealing with Maul who also still has a crush on Crosshair but I sorted him out. Also, when on the Elite Squad, Crosshair and I are faked married just for missions” Fives explained, relaxing back, he kicked his feet up on Jesse’s table. The swat officer didn’t even say anything as Fives put them back on the floor. It seemed Jesse didn’t need to say anything since Kix had a mean glare. 

Hunter nodded taking in all the information, he turned to his silent husband who wore a questionable gaze. Something had caught the marksman's keen eyesight, Crosshair climbed to his feet ignoring the looks as he walked over to the picture frame on the wall and picked it up. Kix and Jesse shared a look, they didn’t touch that wall often so god knows what Crosshair had picked up. 

“So you and Crosshair are just friends?” Tech asked, looking at his twins back but directing his question at Fives, “Yep”. Wrecker smirked, sharing a smile with Echo, the two now wondering something else. “So, when you meet every Friday, you're not, you know?” Echo made a noise which earned him a tv remote thrown at his head from Crosshair. “Na we just go on a motorbike ride, to the nearest bar or we do something daft together but no we don’t meet up and do you know what” Fives chuckled earning himself a tv remote thrown at his head. Jesse looked amused but he made sure to grab the remotes before Crosshair felt like throwing another one, speaking of the marksman. 

“Dad, why do you have a picture of 99 and a woman on the wall? Who’s the woman?” Crosshair asked, picking the picture of the wall and showing Tech who frowned at the picture. Kix gestured for them to pass the picture frame over and once they did, it gave Kix time to look at it and think of what he was going to say. Jesse froze seeing the picture, he didn’t really know why Kix had it but he never asked. 

“Memories. It’s your mother and your father,” Kix said bluntly at his sons. Tech and Crosshair looked up in shock. Crosshair raised an eyebrow at his dad who ignored him as he sighed, “99 visited the house about two years ago and said it needed to be decorated with ‘memories’, we had a lovely chat and the next thing I knew. He decorated it, the picture wasn’t always on the wall. But, one day it appeared” Kix said with gritted teeth, passing the picture over to Jesse as his phone rang. Kix looked at the caller and hung up on them, now wasn’t the time. 

“Kix?” The medic looked in Hunter’s direction, he gestured for the man to go on, “Is she still alive?”. The question caught Kix off guard, he frowned in shock. Tech and Crosshair looked at each other while Jesse got up to get some coffee and some more biscuits for the rest of them. 

“Yeah she is,” He said with annoyance. 

The room frowned at his reply. Tech shared a look with Echo who shrugged not helping the slightest. 

“What’s her name?”

“Her real name is Ariel Grayson but she is known by Fennec Shand” Kix said leaning against the wall, Jesse passed him with a raised eyebrow. The medic sent him a small glare. 

“I’m gathering you don’t like her” Echo said, accepting his coffee off Jesse and passing Wreckers his. The batch thanking the swat officer, Crosshair had made his way to sit back in between Hunter and Fives. Except Hunter had other ideas as he pulled the marksman into his lap, Crosshair didn’t mind as he lay his head against Hunter’s chest while listening to the conversation. 

“What gave that away?” Jesse joked earning himself a smack on the head from Kix who grinned at his husband, Jesse glared he would make Kix suffer later for that cheeky swipe. 

“Yes, I kind of wished she had died by now” Kix said without really thinking. Tech glared at the man despite not knowing the reason why they never met her. 

“So why did 99 keep the twins away from her?” Wrecker asked, munching on his biscuits. Tech had to scold him to chew with his mouth shut, the giant only smiled. 

Kix groaned inwardly knowing this question had been locked away for years. Jesse turned to Kix who rolled his eyes. “Give me a minute,” Kix said, walking out the room and up the stairs to get something. 

“Jesse, can I use your bathroom?” 

“Fives! For the last time yes, stop asking” Fives grinned running off and passed Kix on the way to the bathroom. Crosshair only smiled at his maniac best-friend. Echo smirked at his twin, at least Fives had someone else watching over him. 

Kix re entered the room to find all attention directed at him. Kix passed out an envelope to Tech, being the oldest twin he opened it for the room. He smiled at the calligraphy handwriting, he passed it to Jesse to read. The swat officer waited for Fives to take a seat which ended with Crosshair putting his legs up in his lap. Fives didn't mind as he gestured for Jesse to start.

To my sons, Caleb and Tristan, 

There is something that you may have wondered all your life. Where is your mother? Well what I’m about to tell you is something I hope reminds you of your loved ones and family. 

I met your mother when I was 18, she was 17. She was absolutely perfect in every way, our journey started when I found she had been thrown out by her parents so I took her in. My parents had died by this point so it didn’t matter to me, I had a spare room in the house. It didn’t take long until us youngsters got to know each other if you know what I mean. Over time we struggled to maintain our relationship, you see we had a child together but something happened. He died. It became a cycle of repetition for three years until she found out she was pregnant with twins and I made the ultimate decision to go to the hospital to make sure our children survived. What I didn’t know at the time was she had killed our children beforehand claiming they were still-borns. So when I found out, I made sure to find a good friend of mine, Charles Ryker. A good doctor I knew was there. He made sure my twins survived, another friend of mine who was a police officer stood and made sure she was arrested and put to justice. 

It took me a while to get used to it being on my own and you two became my hope. My little angels now terrors, Caleb and Tristan. You were named after two war heroes I served with. Charles wanted me to name you after him but I said no, he would have to have another son for him to do that. Charles insisted he did not want another after his youngest nearly killed his wife. Anyway, your mother was sentenced to prison for her killings. 

I could have given you up but when I noticed Tristan's uniqueness, I made sure to raise you myself. Even though it was hard, I powered through. However, when you hit the age of 6 we had to move, it turned out Charles Ryker had taken your mother out of prison since she was actually a bounty hunter, she had been with me for the money and didn’t care for much. I also found some shocking news. You had a sister, I tried to look for her but could never find her. After years of searching, I stumbled across something that made me go ballistic. On the same day I found out about your heart conditions, I found out Charles Ryker had ordered the killing of my parents and a friend close to mine. 

For years, I watched the two of you grow up while protecting you from the truth, it wasn’t until Tristan’s serving time came into the picture and life caught up to me. I asked a favour from a gentle man, you would know as Kix. The medic fulfilled his task as he searched for your sister, he brought some devastating news to me. Your sister had been killed by the one known as Serena Ryker who is Charles Rykers wife. So I asked a favour from the medic and he fulfilled it. Within a week, Serena Ryker was no more, she had been killed and buried. 

Sadly, the medic had to do serving time with Tristan but at least I knew Kix would keep an eye on my youngest while I could keep an eye and protect Caleb from his mother. It is said that she is still alive and works closely with Sheamus Palpatine and Nala Se. I hope it's just a rumour but if not, Kix owes me one more favour and so does his brother so inform him, he owes me a blaze. 

I must apologise, my sons, but you must know. I never meant to keep it from you. I love you too much to hurt you and if it meant keeping the truth from you so you could have a family and freedom so be it. I did it out of love and if you want to curse or throw a brick at me, you can. Just know I love you my sons and for the last time Tristan. Stop with the FLOWERS! They are driving me insane, stop getting flowers delivered to my house. 

Yes I love that my other sons, Aaron and Daniel can bunch flowers together and have a beautiful garden. But, I do not need flowers. The next time you send them, I will give Caleb full permission to sell your bike! 

I love you both very much, all of you, especially Lee. So don’t you go getting rid of him Caleb otherwise we will be having words,

With love, 

Carter Grayson - 99

Silence filled the room again, Fives looked over at Echo who frowned gesturing over at Kix who wore a pained expression. Jesse was rubbing his back, the medic looked sick. Kix excused himself to go upstairs with a stressed Jesse following. Crosshair was grinning reading the writing again, he looked mad but he was happier than he was earlier. The marksman was glad for a subject change as he pressed closer to Hunter who tightened his grip on Crosshair. 

“Woah! I didn’t expect that” Wrecker exclaimed loudly, Echo nodded in agreement lifting up an arm to let Tech snuggle close. 

“Tech, what do we do?” Crosshair asked his older twin. Tech frowned watching the way Hunter looked down in curiosity at his husband. “If she is as dangerous as father and dad says she is. We stay away from her, if not for our sakes but Omega, Hera, Naomi and Colton sakes” Tech explained, Crosshair nodded. 

Jesse suddenly entered looking a bit frantic, “We need to go now”  

“Jesse what is it?” 

“Omega collapsed and she won’t wake up according to Rex…” 

The batch was up and moving. Crosshair and Fives jumped on their bikes, Hunter climbed on behind Crosshair while Fives took Tech. The bikes sped off leaving Wrecker and Echo to climb into Jesse’s car since Wrecker’s truck could wait. Jesse quickly locked up, grabbing Kix’s bag and opening the door. Kix was in the passenger seat, Echo and Wrecker in the back while Jesse blasted down the road with his siren on heading for Rex’s.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...
76.1K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...
2.5K 97 18
(This is my first story I hope you like it❤️) The Bad Batch finds a knocked out female human. She has no memory of who she use to be. She joins the B...
47.4K 1.9K 78
𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disliking. Ry, taken from her home when she...