Forever and always

By moniquevictoria1410

When the beautiful girl Olivia Verstappen, crosses paths with the one and only 'Charles Leclerc' after they'v... More

Chapter one - Introduction
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Capter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
Chapter sixty-six
Chapter sixty-seven
Chapter sixty-eight
Chapter sixty-nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy-one
Chapter seventy-two
Chapter seventy-three
Chapter seventy-four
Chapter seventy-five
Chapter seventy-six
Chapter seventy-seven
Chapter seventy-eight
Chapter seventy-nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty-one
Chapter eighty-two
Chapter eighty-three
Chapter eighty-four
Chapter eighty-five

Chapter twenty-four

902 11 8
By moniquevictoria1410

Max's pov:
August 2021

I got out of the room as it all was too much for me right now, I had only been in there for about an hour and I was on the edge of breaking. I sat down on a chair in the long hallway, crying and thinking about this situation.
I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, so I got it and answered it. "Hi" I said with a cracking voice after I had been crying again, and again.. "Hey babe, how is she?" Kelly asked. "She is out of surgery, but the doctors have no idea when she will wake up..".. "Oh god, but at least she is out!" she said, trying to stay optimistic. "Yeah that's right.. I can't lose her, Kelly, I really can't..!" I said almost tearing up, I couldn't think positive thoughts as I only thought the worst.. "Max, listen to me. You will not lose her okay?" she insisted.. "I hope not".. "Everythings gonna be fine, I gotta go, but I just quickly wanted to check on you. I love you" she said."Thanks.. I love you too, say hi to Penelope for me" I said, and then we said our goodbyes.

I was once again sitting here all alone. Doctors walked by continuing with their busy work, whilst I was sitting here in my own world which felt frozen at the moment. I put my elbows on my knees and held my head with my hands. I thought everything through, and kept feeling guilty about what happened to her.

If I just had shut my stupid mouth none of this would have happened, I wouldn't have us fighting as the possibly last memory with her. I would have been with her and talked to her everyday as we always did before, it had been weeks since I last heard her voice and I missed it so much, I missed hearing her talk, laugh and make stupid jokes, which aren't that good, but that is what makes them so funny..
I swore to myself since we went to school that I would protect her at all costs no matter what, and I failed. I failed big time, what a horrible brother I am. She doesn't deserve this, she deserves to be happy and I made her the complete opposite.. Everything is my fault, I hate myself so much for this. Fucking idiot I am..

I walked into the room again and saw Daniel had joined us as well. He said that mom, dad and Vic just saw her quickly and then went home until we had any updates. Charles was sitting close to her on a chair he held her hand, while he rested his head on the bed, he looked horrible with bruises and blood on him, but he refused to get treatment, he wanted to stay with her.

I had to admit, my sight of Charles changed a bit when I saw how much he actually cared for my sister. It was clear to see that he loves her very much. He didn't even care about his own health, we just wanted her to feel good. I was still not the biggest fan of his, but this made me a tiny bit happier about their relationship. But I kept this to myself at the moment, at least until I had a talk with them both...

Charles's pov:

Hours went by slowly, Olivia was still unresponsive. Doctors kept checking on her once in a while, and told me she was doing good, her vitals were great and she has no complications from her surgery, she will recover very well, once she wakes up.

I had been sitting in her for almost six hours waiting for her to wake up, and I was at a point where I needed some air. So I got up, kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. Jos and Sophie went home earlier after they quickly saw her, Vic also had to go home to Luka and Tom. So it was just Max, Daniel and I, they were sitting in the corner of her room, where they had just fallen asleep. We all were very tired.
I walked to the cafeteria where I bought myself a cup of coffee, then I walked outside to get some fresh air, which was wonderful. This awful hospital smell makes me sick, and reminds me of too many bad memories so it was good being outside for a while..

I heard my phone ringing as I was sitting on a bench enjoying my coffee. I saw it was Lorenzo, so I picked up the phone and answered. "Hi Enzo" I said. "Hey Charles, how are you doing? How's Olivia?" he asked and sounded worried. "She's doing good, but still hasn't woken up yet" I answered, and ignored his question about myself.
"Good, she will do it soon enough I promise.. but seriously how are you doing?" he asked again and this time I couldn't hold back the tears. "I don't know, why can't she just wake up! I really need her Enzo!".. "I know, you will get her back as soon as she is stable and ready, she needs you too. I know this is hard, but please think positive thoughts, think about how lucky she was to survive this and how lucky you are to still have her" he said, trying to comfort me over the phone. "Yeah, well I gotta head back to her room, I just went to get some air" I answered, I know he was telling the truth but it was still hard to think like that right now.. "Of course, keep me updated alright? And take care brother" he said and then we said our goodbyes and hung up..

I walked inside again, and suddenly felt some pain which hurt a lot. I couldn't locate where it came from, but I hurted a ton. "Sir, are you alright?" a nurse asked as she clearly could see I was in pain, and with the blood and bruises still on me it was easy to see.
"It hurts everywhere in my upper body" I said. "Come with me, we gotta get you checked out!" she said and made me follow her. "I can't, I have to be with my girlfriend!" I said as I followed her. "I'm sure she wants you to be alright, where is she, I can go get her for you?" she asked. "No! she just had surgery and hasn't woken up yet, I had to be by her side..Arh!" I said as I felt another pain coming from my right shoulder. "She will understand when she wakes up, you need to get checked out" she insisted, she was good, real good. Because she convinced me to go with her.. I told her what had happened and then a doctor came to look at me. He ran a few tests and a scan.. "So you just have some muscle pain which is very normal after an incident like this, it will recover quickly within the next couple weeks" he said and smiled. "Thank god, can I go now?" I asked and he let me, so I quickly walked back to Olivia's room, where there was no change.

"Where did you go?" Daniel asked who had woken up from a little nap. "I went to get some air, and then I felt a lot of pain, so a doctor took a look at me" I answered and sat down again next to Olivia, and held her hand once again.
"Oh, are you alright?!" He asked. "I'm fine, just some muscle pain, it will heal soon enough" I said. "Good!" He said and smiled..

Many hours went by again, and at this point it was the next day and about 25 hours since the accident.. I was tired of being in here, but I kept hanging in for her. Daniel went to sleep at a hotel for the night, and wanted to come back later.. Max was still here.
I kept holding her hand and suddenly felt a little squish. I almost jumped up from the chair since I didn't expect this. "Charles- Charles you're here" she said quietly and opened her eyes slowly. "Of course I am!" I said and a few tears rolled down my cheeks, I was so thrilled and relieved to see her awake. I kissed her on her cheek and then grabbed my phone to call Max, who had gone out to get something to drink.. "She's awake!!!" I said as he picked up. "I'm coming!" he said excitedly and hung up. I touched a button which called for a doctor.

Olivia's pov:

I woke up in an unknown place, the first thing I saw was Charles, I was happy to see him. He was calling someone telling them I was awake. "It hurts.." I tried to say, but it was hard to talk. I had a huge pain in my stomach and in my head.
"Oli!!!" I heard a familiar voice saying, I haven't heard in a long time. "Max?" I said and saw Max appearing. He went to give me a hug which hurted a lot, but was so much worth it. "I thought we lost you!" he said and also had a few tears in his eyes.

A doctor walked inside the room and looked happy. "Welcome back Miss. Verstappen" he said and walked closer to me. "Thanks" I tried to talk.. "Do you remember what happened?" he asked, I nodded. "There was an accident, that's all I remember" I said.. "Yes, you were hurt pretty badly, you had some internal bleeding and a rupture on your liver, so we performed a successful surgery on you, that's why you might be feeling some bad pain in your abdomen" he said. I nodded as it was hard for me to talk. The doctor kept talking while he ran a few tests including some blood tests on me, then he left us alone. And wanted to come back later when I was more awake.

About an hour later I was fully awake and understood everything that was happening. I was sitting up a bit, and had my two favorite boys on each side of me. "Wait, are you alright Charles" I asked, I looked at him and he looked terrible. "I'm good mon amour, I'm just happy to have you back!" he said and smiled big. "Good! You guys can't get rid of me, I'm like immortal" I said trying to laugh but it hurted a bit. "Alright, she's back. How can you already be joking Oli!?" Max asked and smiled. It was my way of showing I was alright..

We talked for a while, it was nice to be in the same room with the two of them, which was kinda surprising considering they hate each other. We didn't talk about the situation, no one brought it up, we just did a little small talk which was nice.
After an hour my parents and Victoria stopped by, they had been so worried as well.. Daniel also stopped by, I was so happy to see them all here with me. It turned out that I had been out for almost 26 hours plus I had a heart attack, which is crazy!!
____
The next day the doctors told me I was doing surprisingly good, and they let me go home. We got back to my dad's house, where we were staying whilst being here for the rest of the week. I stayed in bed the entire day with Charles next to me. Charles was doing alright, but he told me about the serious muscle pain he had so he needed rest too, also because he only slept about four hours when I was in the hospital..
"I made some soup for you, '' Dad said as he walked inside the room with two bowls of the best tomato soup ever. "Thanks dad" I said and took the bowl, and Charles took the other. "Thanks," he also said. "Of course, call if you need anything else" dad said and left the room.

We ate our soup and watched a movie on the tv which hung on the wall, by the bed. Which was fantastic right now. The soup was very tasty, and we ate it pretty quickly.
I cuddled myself into Charles which was nice, he ran his fingers through my hair it was great. I was still very sore and it hurted a lot when I moved, since I had a big wound on my body from the surgery. But I managed to keep the pain down a bit with some medication.
"Thanks for being here for me" I said and looked at Charles. "Anytime.. I was so scared, I thought I lost you, seeing you sitting there unresponsive and then when the doctor told me about the heart attack.." he said. "I'm sorry for scaring you, but I will never leave you! I promise" I said.. "I know, I love you so much!".. "I love you too, Charles" I said and then our lips touched, I love this man so much.

The rest of the week went by slowly, we didn't do much since I was in bed arrest because my scar had to heal properly. Charles did a few runs and worked out trying to train his muscles, because the season is starting again in just a week and a half, so he had to be in a good condition for that. He talked with Mattia a lot and told him about what had happened, he was so worried that he wasn't strong enough to be back so soon.. But Charles kept being positive and told him he would be back. And honestly I believe it too..
Today was the day where we could go back home to Monaco, the doctors told me I could fly but they didn't recommend it. But I really wanted to go home, so I did it. The flight went fine, we flew private since it was better and easier in my condition.

We got back home to Charles' apartment, since it felt more like home than my own the last many months. I jumped into the shower where I had a well deserved shower, I washed my hair since it needed it and cleaned my surgery wound. While I took my time in the shower, Charles was so sweet to unpack out suitcases so I didn't have to worry about doing it later.

I was now sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me, Charles was walking around the apartment to clean it. I had just got my new iphone installed since my old phone got destroyed in the accident. Thankfully all my photos were saved but all my messages were gone, so I couldn't even get to read the text from Max that I never got to read.. I was curious to find out what he wanted, but I couldn't bear to ask him.
I scrolled through my instagram which I haven't been on for days. I had got so many dm's with questions about what happened and if it was true, because the media somehow managed to find out about the accident, but none of us had confirmed we were in it.

The rest of the days until the season started again was spent at home relaxing as much as possible. Charles made sure I had everything I needed, he was like a pure angel, he helped me so much while I still was in pain, even though he was so busy training for the season to begin again. He worked out a few hours a day and spent many hours on the simulator as well..
I took a break from Instagram, since I wasn't ready to post anything about the accident right now.

I had friends and family calling everyday to check on me, and that was when I realized I have the best ever people around me, and I couldn't wish for better people.. Max, Charles and I haven't had the talk yet, it felt like we all postponed it all the time, but we knew we had to do it soon enough. I was just very nervous.
Only time will tell how it will go, now let's bring on the other half of the season. Belgium here we come!
_______
(2750 words)
Thank god Olivia is alright, and has amazing people around her!❤️
Let's hope everything will go well from now on, right??

Thanks for reading along and I hope you enjoyed reading. Lots of love from me:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 953 45
A story based on Formula 1, this is my first story so don't expect too much. The story is about the niece of Max Verstappen; Nina Verstappen. She is...
67.2K 1.1K 50
In which, they start as lovers and end as rivals.. But will the love still be there at the end..?
1M 29.3K 56
He is Max Verstappen, an F1 world champion, known for being ruthless and arrogant. Except if you really got to know him. She is Claire Leclerc, the o...
3.7M 86.5K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." ✼...