Forever and always

By moniquevictoria1410

When the beautiful girl Olivia Verstappen, crosses paths with the one and only 'Charles Leclerc' after they'v... More

Chapter one - Introduction
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Capter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
Chapter sixty-six
Chapter sixty-seven
Chapter sixty-eight
Chapter sixty-nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy-one
Chapter seventy-two
Chapter seventy-three
Chapter seventy-four
Chapter seventy-five
Chapter seventy-six
Chapter seventy-seven
Chapter seventy-eight
Chapter seventy-nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty-one
Chapter eighty-two
Chapter eighty-three
Chapter eighty-four
Chapter eighty-five

Chapter twenty-three

812 14 10
By moniquevictoria1410

Charles's pov:

August 2021

"Olivia!!" I screamed as another cas had driven directly into her side of the car. "No, no no please answer me Olivia!" I kept saying whilst tears were rolling down my cheeks. She was unresponsive and her head was leaning against the window which was half broken.

I took my phone and immediately called 112 which is the emergency number here.

The man on the phone started to talk, I didn't understand a word since he spoke Dutch. "I don't speak Dutch. But we were in a car accident, and my- my girlfriend is unresponsive" I tried to say with my voice cracking and tears in my eyes. I kept looking at Olivia the whole time, she kept being unresponsive.

"I need your location!" He said and I tried to find out where we were, it was very difficult since I didn't know anything around here, but I managed to find a street name. "Sir the fire department and paramedics are on the way. In the meantime, tell me if your girlfriend is breathing?" He said trying to help through the phone.

I took my fingers and placed them on her throat, I felt her breathing which made me relieved. "She is... she's breathing" I said, still crying. This is not happening..

"That's a good sign, keep your eyes on her until the paramedics arrive! Are you hurt?" He asked..

"I'm a bit sore but nothing serious" I touched my head and felt something wet, I looked at my fingers and saw they were red. "I think I'm bleeding somewhere though,"I said. "Can you locate the bleeding?" He asked, I couldn't locate it.. and I didn't really care to be honest, all I wanted was for Olivia to be fine..

The man on the phone was very kind, and stayed with me until they arrived.. a couple ambulances arrived and a fire truck. I opened the car door and jumped out.. "she's in here, my girlfriend isn't responsive" I yelled and the two female paramedics ran towards our car. "We got her, go to these guys and get yourself checked" one of the girls said. I did what they told me to, whilst they jumped into the car to check on Olivia. And some of the others went to check on the driver who hit us.

"I'm just gonna put some bandage on here, and then you'll be fine. But you have to get checked out at the hospital just to be sure, alright?" The paramedic said, my focus was still on the car where Olivia was in. "Sir, do you hear me?" he said again. "Yes, sorry. Can I drive in the other ambulance with my girlfriend?" I asked, he nodded. I was standing here next to the ambulance watching everything happening, the man who hit us was out of the car and on the way to the hospital. Firefighters were pulling away his car so they could access Olivia's side of our car, which was blocked by the other car.

After some very long minutes she was out, and laid on a gurney. She looked terrible, she was bleeding heavily from her stomach and had many bruises, she was still unresponsive.. The sight of her lying there made me tear up again, this was so hard. I couldn't bear to lose another important person in my life, not again. Not after all the loss I had the last years..

The drive to the hospital was fast, the ambulance drove as fast as it could but at the same time the few minutes it took felt like hours. I was looking at Olivia the entire time whilst holding her hand, praying for her to be fine. One of the sweet paramedics kept comforting me by telling me that her vitals were fine, it helped a bit. But at the same time, I only imagined the worst happening.

She was immediately taken to a room when we got there, and I was placed in the waiting room all alone. "She's in good hands now, take care alright" one of the paramedics said to me as they returned from delivering her to the doctors. "Thank you so much for your help" I said and smiled a bit, they were so good. "Of course!" the other one said, and then they left and drove away. Once again I was here alone, waiting for the doctors to give me updates.

After a good amount of time, a doctor dressed in all white walked out. "Are you with Miss. Verstappen?" the elder man asked. "Yes, what's happening there?" I asked worriedly. "Can you please sit down for a second?" he said and by those words I expected the worst, a few tears fell down my cheeks.

"Her heart stopped, but we successfully got her back, but it turns out she has some internal bleeding and a rupture on her liver, so they are prepping her for surgery now," he said. "But why does her heart stop then? when her liver is the problem?" I was confused and worried. My poor love had a fucking heart attack, this is so unfair.

"She's bleeding very much inside, and her heart couldn't keep up with it. So that's why her heart gave up, but they are taking her in anytime now. they will do anything in their power to save her. Is there someone you can call, the surgery can take a while, it's better that you're not alone" the doctor said.. "Ehm- I don't know, no of course I do, I'll call someone, thanks.. Please let me know whenever you have any updates" I said and he nodded. I was confused, sad, angry, broken and devastated. I felt everything falling apart at this moment.

I found my phone and dialed Jos's number. "Hello Charles, how are you?" he said happily. I immediately got a few more tears down my cheeks, I couldn't talk, but managed anyhow to talk. "It's Olivia, she is- she is in the hospital. we got into an accident" I said while my voice cracked. I felt the silence on the other end of the phone, he was speechless. "No.. Where are you, I'll come right away, is she alright?" he asked, panicking. "She's in surgery now, I'll explain everything when you arrive!" I said.. He was now on his way, Jos called Sophie on the way since I didn't have her number.. I also called Victoria who was on her way as well, she started crying as I told her, it was heartbreaking to hear..

I was still sitting here alone in the waiting room, a lot happened around me but I zoned out and was in my own thoughts, I couldn't think straight.. It then hit me that I had to call Max as well, which I was even more nervous about..

The phone rang for a while, but suddenly he picked up. "It's Max?" He shortly said, I have never spoken with him on the phone, so this was weird for me.

"Hi Max, it's Charles" I said and swallowed, I had a huge lump in my through.

"Is Olivia alright?" he asked, I stayed silent, I didn't know what to say. "Charles!! What is happening!" he said with a more harsh tone. "We were in a car accident, it's not good Max. Olivia is in surgery right now, she had a heart attack before.." I said with a cracking voice.. "This can't be true! Fuck no, where are you!!" He said I could hear him crying on the other end. "We're in the Netherlands, you should come here!" I said. "I'll take the first flight out. Thanks for calling me, please keep me updated. I'll buy some wifi on the flight so you can text me!" He said his voice cracked as well, he sounded so sad.. "I will" I shortly said, then we said our goodbyes and hung up.. I then texted Daniel and Carlos, because I know she would want me to let them know what's happening. I just texted them, since I couldn't handle saying those words anymore.. I also texted my mom and brothers, to let them know what's happening..

After twenty minutes Jos and Victoria arrived, they both went to give me a big hug. "Aw Charles, you don't look good. Have you been checked out?" Victoria asked and held her arm around me. "No, and I will not before I know Olivia is alright!" I said and whipped some tears away from my face, I didn't even know how I looked.. "Charles, I promise we'll keep you updated. But you're bleeding through the bandage, go get it changed. She won't be out of surgery anytime soon" Jos said. "Alright, I will hurry then!" I said and ran towards one of the doctors in the emergency room.. They quickly changed my bandage, and then I ran back to Jos and Victoria. The doctors wanted to run some tests on me, but I refused since I had a more important place to be right now..

Max's pov:

"Mommy, why is Maxie crying?" Penelope asked Kelly as I had just finished talking with Charles. We were sitting at the balcony in my apartment eating some food. I looked at Kelly, and she immediately saw something was wrong. "Honey, it's fine. Go inside and play on your ipad" she said and Penelope jumped down her chair and went inside, happy that she could get some ipad time..

"What is it!" she said and sat next to me, while holding me tight. "It's Olivia, she was in a car accident, she's in surgery, and she had a heart attack.. I have to leave!" I said and started crying again. "Oh god no, please go! She needs you more than anyone, she would like you to be there when she comes out of surgery" she said and a few tears also rolled down her cheeks..

I had quickly packed a little suitcase and was on my way to the airport, as I got a text from Daniel. He had heard the horrible news as well, and wanted to come with me. So we agreed to meet in the airport.. On the way there I thought everything through, I can't lose my sister. She is my world, I love her with all my heart, she's the best person ever..

"Max!" Daniel called as he spotted me waiting for him. "Hi Daniel" I said and pulled him into a hug, we both had a sad and worried look on our faces. "I can't lose her, Daniel," I said.. "I know me neither, but it's Olivia! She will get through this, she's a fighter" Daniel said trying to comfort me, even though he was pretty worried himself.

The entire way there we didn't talk much because we both were scared. I kept refreshing my messages to see if there were any updates, but nothing came.. I was thinking every possible scenario through. What if she doesn't make it, then the last memory I have of her is her storming out of my driver's room angry at me and the last conversation is the two of us arguing, this can't be the end.. She will not die like this.. I know she will make it, she is a fighter and she just has to fight like she never did before, this is not the time to let go.

After a few hours we arrived at the hospital, where I saw my dad, Victoria, Charles and my mom who had arrived from belgium. They were all sitting in the waiting room. Mom and dad were talking, while dad held Victoria close. Charles was sitting alone in his own world looking out of the window, he looked devastated and sad, he had bruises on him, blood on his clothes and a bandage on his forehead. I felt sorry for him, for the first time ever.. I walked towards my family where they all hugged me, we all cried and held each other tight, praying to hear some updates soon. They all hugged Daniel too, he was almost a part of the family.

Daniel's pov:

I had just said hi to the Verstappen family, and then I spotted Charles sitting all alone looking out of the window. He had tears rolling down his cheeks and didn't even see me walking closer towards him, not until I said something.. "Hi Charles!" I said and sat next to him, placing my arm around his shoulders. "Oh, hi Daniel.. I thought you had left for Australia a week ago?" He asked. "That was the plan, but plans changed. And thank god I wasn't in Australia right now!" I said.. "Yes, thanks for coming"..

I sat next to Charles the whole time, since I knew Max wasn't gonna sit with him and the others were sitting together. "Family of Olivia Verstappen?" the surgeon asked as she walked out here. We all five got up and listened to her. "So the surgery was successful, we stopped the bleeding and her liver is all good now. She is being taken to recovery now" she said and smiled. We all smiled and cried a bit, but we were relieved, she survived surgery.

"When can we see her?" Max asked. "Not everyone can see her, two people can," the surgeon said. We walked about who should see her, and agreed that Max and Charles should see her, and then the three of us would wait until she is better.. "Will she be awake?" Max asked again, Charles stayed silent but thanked us for letting him see her. "We don't know yet, she is not awake at the moment, but time will tell.." she said..

Then Max and Charles followed her.

Charles pov:

Max and I followed the surgeon into a room in the recovery part of the hospital. I was very thankful and relieved that the surgery went well.. "So she may still look a bit beaten up, but that's totally normal" she said and opened the door to the room, we both nodded.

We walked inside, my sight met the hospital bed with Olivia laying there. "I'll give you some time," the surgeon said and left the room. "Thank you" I said and so did Max.

We walked to each side of her, got a chair and sat down. She looked beautiful even though she had bruises and was connected to a few machines, she is always very beautiful.

I took her hand, it was great touching her again, since I thought I would never be able to do it again. A few tears rolled down my cheek, but this time it was happy tears, now she just has to wake up, come on Oli..

"Thanks for taking care of her, Charles" Max said out of nowhere.. "Of course, I will do nothing else than take care of her, she's very important to me" I answered a bit shocked that he would even talk to me, since this was the first time he talked to me ever since he arrived, he smiled a bit about my answer. "That's good, but promise me to never break her heart!" Max said. "I will never do such a thing, she deserves the world, and I will give her that" I said and kept looking at her, her hands were cold, so I warmed them with mine.. "Listen, I'm still not a huge fan of you guys being together, but when she wakes up, the three of us need to talk," he said and looked at me. "Sure, let's do it," I answered. The tension between us was intense, since we still clearly didn't like each other, but we managed to keep our problems out of this situation right now, since this was about Olivia, nothing or no one else..

"I can't handle the wait anymore, I'm gonna head out" Max said impatiently. "Okay, I'm gonna stay, I'll text you if something happens?" I asked him, and he nodded.Then he left the room and closed the door, it was now only the two of us..

I scrolled through twitter and saw a few tweets about the accident, apparently some people found out we were involved, so the media blew up about us. People were really worried. I didn't feel like giving any statement right now, not until she woke up.. I received a lot of messages from friends and a lot of the drivers, everyone asking if it was true. I couldn't bear to answer them right now, so I just put my phone down again and moved the chair closer to the bed. I kept holding her hand while resting my head on the bed. I kept hoping for her to wake up anytime soon, but the doctor told us it could take around a few hours to a few days, no one really knows.

_________

(2826 words)

Not much to say really.. Thanks for reading along, and let's hope Olivia will wake up soon enough. - Oh and what does Max want to talk with them both about..? Hopefully he won't cause more drama!..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 1.4K 32
Olivia Madelyn Johnson a 20 year old girl. She has a troubled past but with help from her best friend Max Verstappen she managed to get herself into...
4.1K 108 15
P R O B L E M A T I C An age-old vendetta between two powerful families erupts into heartbreak instead of the infamous bloodshed. What happens when t...
35.6K 502 26
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
3.7M 86.5K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." ✼...