Kidnapped|Book 4|A novel in t...

By yourmybeautifulsoul

Thea is relatively happy now, living in New York with Max and Kyle. She and Jack go to the same school, and t... More

-Kidnapped-
~Prologue~
1- Fourteen
2- Screaming Out My Heart
3- The Lie He Hides Behind
4- Take Off Your Crown
5- Angelique
6- Taming the Little Firebird
7- Three Kids, One Crown
8- Distractions Are Only For So Long
9- Kidnapped
10- Brutality
11- The Phoenix's Sacrifice
12- The Price of Immortality
13- It's All We Can Do
14- Clipping Her Wings
15- Mistress of the House
16- The Price of Freedom
17- Agony
18- Tears and Blood
19- Videl's Lie
20- The Bird at the Pier
21- Here, There Be Fury
22- Crimson on the Snow
23- Good is a Consequence of Evil
24- Vagabonds in Vancouver
25- She Did.
26- Another Change
27- More Bickering and Hair Clips
28- She'll Come Home Soon
29- Why Isn't Your Daughter Dead?
30- The Left-Side Bed
31- What Loki Missed
32- When on a Monorail, Always Annoy Videl
34- Pure Fire
35- Quick In Determination
36- Fire at Will
37- The Silence of the Chains
38- In the Waters of Costa Rica
39- Time Cannot Heal All
40- Christmas
41- Uncovering
42- What I Remember
43- End of the Dream
44- The Chains Again
45- A Father's Strength
46- I am a Gateway to Hell
47- The Angel and the Devil
48- Videl's Gift
49- My Wish
50- Discovery
51- Into the Darkness
52- Stars
53- Masks
54- Worry About That Later
55- Only For A Day
56- The Circle
57- Like Father, Like Daughter
58- The Silver of Cast Metal
59- The Throw
60- Twin Souls, Twin Scars
61- Sparkling Emeralds
62- Your Part Here is Over, My Love
63- Wait for the Oranges
64- The Scariest Part is Letting Go
65- Under the Setting Sun
~Epilogue~

33- Better a Witty Fool

1.6K 105 61
By yourmybeautifulsoul

Hello everyone!!!

This is a very long, very detailed chapter. I'm REALLY good at writing Disney World scenes, because before my Blue Moon days, I would practice plot lines by sending about 30-40 of my friends to Disney World on a competitive scavenger hunt. :) Ah, the good 'ol days.

(No actually, Blue Moon is better)

This chapter is detailed, so I hope you like it! :D For the adaptation, the following chapters might be a little shorter, to make way for more action more quickly.

But in the meantime...enjoy! :)

~Music~

DISNEY MUSIC!!

~Edit~

Moi :)

Chapter Thirty-Three

~Nobody's POV~

Now, Thea walks in between Videl and Angelique. She is feeling happy, moderately happy given the circumstances, and the allure of the park is drumming her heart. Even the fact that she has to present her fingerprint at the turnstiles does not sway her elation. 

Videl, however, frowns as he is forced to press his fingerprint on the pad. Angelique notices, but also notices Thea standing inside the park, looking around eagerly, and so says quietly, "I wouldn't worry about it. And just look at Thea. She's having fun." 

"That's what I'm worried about," says Videl curtly, striding past Angelique without a backwards glance. 

Videl's stormy mood persists. He is not as stand-offish with Angelique, but to Thea, who is placidly licking a lollipop, he grows increasingly cranky as the three of them walk towards Main Street. When Thea spots Cinderella Castle standing majestically at the end of the street, partially lit up by the dwindling sunlight, she exclaims, hopping up and down, "It's so beautiful! It's like-"

"It's nothing," snaps Videl, "It's a stupid plastic castle, and you're a fool like the rest of the sticky-faced children to think that it's a fairyland." 

"Videl!" Angelique looks shocked. 

Thea blinks, shamefully wiping her chin. She spots a restroom sign to the restroom and says in a strongly wavering voice, "I'll be right back."

"Or not," says Videl, "I really wouldn't mind either way." 

Over her shoulder, Thea throws Videl a look of furious loathing, tears of hurt glittering in her eyes, before stalking into the restroom. 

Angelique looks at Videl mournfully, "Why did you say that? She's been through enough."

"Well I wouldn't know, would I, if she doesn't tell me!" snarls Videl. 

"Well from what it sounds like, an ass like you doesn't deserve to know!" snaps Angelique. 

This silences Videl, and he watches as Angelique walks into the bathroom. 

Angelique finds Thea sitting in the corner, her arms around her legs, staring steadfastly in front of her. A few tears have escaped her, trickling down her face. 

"Hey," says Angelique quietly. 

"Hi," says Thea miserably. 

There's silence. 

"Sorry," mutters Thea, abashadly wiping her cheeks. 

"You're not the one who should be sorry," says Angelique, "Videl should be." She sighs, then waits for a woman to wash her hands at the sink before adding, "I think he's worried about you."

"Videl doesn't care about me," states Thea, "He doesn't."

"Then why has he stuck with you for so long?"

"Because he's mad at...he's...I can't tell you, I don't know!" Thea exclaims, "I wish I could, but I can't, and it's that...that...it's his fault!"

"Videl?" asks Angelique, "What-"

"Not Videl."

"Loki?" asks Angelique.

"Uh huh." 

Angelique sits down next to Thea on the bathroom floor, "You know, it might help if you told Videl why you're so...miserable."

"Someone kidnapped me," says Thea dully, "And threatened to kill my family. And is chasing me around the world. I don't know what else Videl needs." 

"I know, but..." Angelique looks at her fingers, "Videl seems to think that you're hiding something from him." 

"He's wrong." 

Angelique cocks her head, "I'm sorry Thea but I don't know if believe that. And I know for a fact that Videl doesn't." 

"Well good for Videl," says Thea. 

"Hey how about this," says Angelique, "You take a couple minutes. I'll go out there and try to talk some sense into that idiot. We can eat dinner and then try to do something fun." 

"Fine," says Thea, who doesn't look optimistic anymore. 

"Is she done pouting?" asks Videl in a bored voice when Angelique reappears from the bathroom. 

"Stop it. Seriously, stop it." Angelique looks mutinous, "There's obviously something wrong and Thea was trying to have a good time. She doesn't need you being a dick to her."

"If something is wrong," Videl says stubbornly, "Then she needs to tell me." 

"Just give her time! And being a pretentious ass doesn't help." 

"Calling me names, contrary to popular belief, does not improve my mood." 

"What improves your mood then?" asks Angelique, "A positive? Or maybe some good old O?" 

"You think you're funny, but you're really not. And," Videl slides his arm around Angelique's waist and pulls her closer to him, looking down at her through his hooded eyes, "I actually prefer B negative. And it's right next to me." 

Angelique flushes, but she says, "Don't do that." 

"Why not?" Videl says softly, "You know you like it." 

"Shut up," Angelique pushes him away from her, but Videl retains his smirk as she adds, "If you want to be in my good books, then I suggest you apologize to Thea and start being nicer to her." 

Videl opens his mouth, but at this moment, Thea comes out of the bathroom. Her eyes and nose are still slightly red, but otherwise she looks completely normal. 

"Hey Thea," says Angelique brightly, "Where do you want to head off to dinner?" 

"I don't care," says Thea quietly. 

Angelique shoots Videl a look. 

"Come on," says Videl, ignoring Angelique. He gestures to Thea and takes her hand. "You can pick." 

"That has to be the second lamest thing you have ever said," says Thea, trying to free her hand from his but failing. 

"What was the first lamest thing?" 

Thea mimics Videl's sultry tone, "I actually prefer B negative-"

"Oh you little-"

"And it's right here." 

Thea looks slightly more cheerful as she walks down towards Main Street. Videl glares at her back. 

"Don't go too far." 

Angelique smiles at Videl, although the smile is slightly strained. 

"What?" says Videl, annoyed. 

Angelique contemplates him for a couple seconds. Then, she rolls her eyes. "At least you're trying." 

They agree to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus, which is a lovely little joint right next to the its a small world attraction. Angelique had originally suggested the Be Our Guest restaurant, but Videl, probably slightly put off about Angelique's earlier comment, had steadfastly refused to sneak them inside. 

Keeping with their habit of maintaining a low profile, the three of them sit at a table in the corner, underneath a large, beautifully painted wooden staircase leading up to a restricted section. Thea sits next to Videl, forcing Angelique across from them, and he shoots Thea a look. Evidently, she's still mad at him for earlier. She smiles. 

As it is a counter service, Thea has already grabbed her meal, a cheese flatbread. As she begins to devour it, Videl wrinkles his nose, "What is that?" 

"It's food," says Thea. 

Angelique looks up placidly as she chews her salad. "You should try some of it." 

Videl looks like a particularly foul odor is under his nose. "I don't think so." 

Thea tears off a bit of her flatbread and holds it out to him, "Try it." 

Videl regards her in a regal sort of way, "I am the crowned prince of-"

"Oh shut up and try it, you scaredy cat." 

"I am not a-" 

"You are," says Angelique, "If you don't at least try it." 

Videl glares at her, and then at Thea, but then takes the piece of flatbread from her hand and pops it in his mouth. Immediately, he curls his lip and gags slightly too dramatically to be entirely believable, "Ugh, that's disgusting."

"You're being theatrical," Thea says, grinning. "It's good, isn't it?" 

"It's disgusting," repeats Videl, who would rather die than admit that he found the flatbread at least somewhat delicious. "And we need to talk about what we're going to do, not eating absolutely revolting."

"We're going to relax a little," says Angelique firmly, "I'm sure Thea wants to go on some rides with-"

"No," says Videl. 

"It's not like I want to do anything with him anyway," says Thea. 

"Excuse me," says Videl, licking his fingers. "I'm sitting right here." 

"That's exactly the point." 

"Anyway," says Angelique, "We might as well stick around here for a couple days and blend in. And we're at Disney World. Let's enjoy the moment. We're going to have fun."

"I prefer the land of the living," says Videl. 

"You're a sourpuss," says Angelique, "Thea, don't you want to go on some rides?"

Angelique gives Thea a pointed, sneaky look. 

"I saw that," says Videl.

"Yes," says Thea. 

Both girls are ignoring Videl. 

Videl groans. 

"Aw come on,"wheedles Angelique, leaning across the table and taking Videl's wrist- he pulls away moodily, "It'll be fun!" 

"I truly believe the both of you only exist to irk me," says Videl. He leans back against the chair, propping up one of his legs on Thea. Ignoring her protests, he adds, "And furthermore, I am not going on any rides whatsoever."

"Fine," Angelique is grinning at Thea, "Us girls will do it."

"Is there a reason that you're winking at the imp when I'm right in front of you?" 

"I'm not an imp," says Thea. "I'm an extraordinarily perfect little darling."

Videl shoots her a look that clearly says that he thinks that Thea is much like a little darling as she is like a submarine. 

"And," adds Videl, "You're not going on anything and are not going anywhere without me. So therefore, by logic, nobody is going on any rides." 

"Videl," says Thea, losing all pretenses, slouching against him and looking up at him with wide eyes, "Please?" 

He pushes her off of him with the strength of precisely one finger and looks at her like one regarding a cockroach, "If you ask one more time, I will-"

"Will what?" says Thea, "Eat me?"

"For the last time, I don't eat-"

"Videl," says Angelique, batting her eyelashes at him, "It would mean so much to me if you would do this tiny little favor for Thea and I."

"Firstly," says Videl, "No. And secondly, and more importantly, it is Thea and me, not Thea and I." 

While Videl broods, slouched in his chair, Angelique gives Thea a look that clearly says Give it time. 

After dinner, Videl is all for going straight back to the hotel, but seeing as Angelique and Thea walk off in precisely the opposite direction, off towards the right of Fantasyland and the entrance of Liberty Square, Videl has no choice but to follow them. And follow them he does, hands thrust in his pockets moodily and sulking behind the girls, who pretend not to notice him.

After about five minutes of walking, and of Thea looking around Liberty Square eagerly, her face lit up in only the way that a Disney World visitor can, they approach Frontierland. It is nearly completely dark, but the path is lit up cheerfully, matched by the sounds of the crowd of people and cawing seagulls flapping around eagerly for a turkey leg, and the potent smell of the turkey and chicken legs up for sale at several stands near the railings. 

Thea looks around, her eyes wide and excited. She grins as a passing Cast Member- the name of all Disney employees- dressed as a Western fiddler, in a fringed jacket and pants and a coonskin cap, smiles at her, playing a fiddle and singing an old ballad. She begins to run towards the crowd gathered near the musicians, but Videl pulls her back by the arm, "Stay by us." 

"You can follow me," says Thea, twisting her arm in an attempt to free herself.

"I mean it," snaps Videl, "It's crowded. Stay where I can see you." 

"You're being weirdly protective," says Thea. "Were you poisoned by that flatbread?" 

"No. But if...he, he as in your deranged father, finds you and I can't get us out of here, then really, what's the use of me at all? I would have wasted my entire week, which I am beginning to regret wasting in the first place. I'm being more than generous by the fact that we're still here at this infernal place." 

"Thanks," mutters Thea, "So you're still an ass." 

Videl lets go of her arm, "Stop being a brat!" 

Thea huffs, and begins to walk only a few feet in front of Videl and Angelique. But she doesn't turn quick enough for Angelique to miss the fact that the girl is blinking rapidly. 

Angelique leans towards Videl, looking angry, "You could be nicer." 

"I could also buy a poodle and name her Francine. But neither options sound realistic enough for me to act upon." 

Angelique glares at him, "She's fourteen." 

"I'm twenty two. And I think you're nineteen. So nice to know that we know each other's ages." 

"You're impossible," snaps Angelique. 

A few minutes later of Thea looking mournfully around and casting hopeful looks in Videl's direction, every one which he ignores, the three of them reach Splash Mountain. It's a large, conical structure made of what appears to be red rock, with bits of wooden planks around it. There's a wooden house-like structure on the right side, and a water wheel attached to that. In the center of the conical structure is a long, water-filled chute stemming from a dark hole at the top of the mountain. At the bottom of the chute is a curling collection of brambles, a briar patch. On the very pinnacle is a sort of tree stump propped above the dark hole. 

Thea walks to the edge of the bridge that they are standing on, an observatory area of sorts, and watches as a log boat carrying around ten park guests tips over the top of the hole. The guests scream as they rocket down the steep slope, and when they reach the bottom, geysers of water ignite over the briar patch. 

Thea leans against the bridge and watches a couple of cycles of log boats, her back to Angelique and Videl, who looks moody as usual. It takes Angelique a couple minutes to realize that Thea is actually staying there so long because she is trying to hide her tears. Her shoulders are shaking, and Thea swipes her face with her hands quickly, as if not wanting anyone to know that she is crying quietly. 

Angelique glances at Videl. He is watching Thea, and there is a curious expression on his face, as if he were watching a butterfly whose wings he had torn off. 

Videl sighs and walks towards Thea. He leans against the bridge next to her and cocks his head, looking right at her. 

Thea ignores him. 

He reaches forward and touches her tear-ridden cheek, his ornate rings glittering in the bright lights around them. She slaps his hand away, and then pushes his chest, sending him stumbling into another park guest. 

Angelique privately thinks this precisely what Thea should have done a couple hours ago. 

"I don't like getting wet," says Videl quietly, so that Angelique has to strain to hear him, "But I would love the excuse to hear Angelique scream." 

Angelique rolls her eyes, but stays a few feet from them. 

Thea, still glaring forward and not looking at Videl, says in a strained voice, "Why don't you like getting wet?" 

"It ruins my hair. Do you know how frustrating it is-"

"You're wearing a hat." 

Videl glances up at his fedora as if seeing it for the first time. "So I am. In that case," he glances back at Angelique (who pretends to be fascinated in a temper tantrum that a nearby toddler is throwing), turns back to Thea, and winks, "Let's see how loud Angelique will be."

"You'll scream more," says Thea, trying to stay sulky, letting Videl take her hand and begin leading her towards the entrance to Splash Mountain, Angelique following, "You'll scream like a little girl."

Videl snorts, "And the sun will rise in the east."

"Videl, the sun does rise in the east." 

"No it doesn't," says Videl, "Not in Ardhigiza." 

Thea glares, "We're on Earth right now."

"Really? I haven't noticed. I thought we were on Mars." 

"If we were on Mars, we would sink through it, because it's made of gas" says Thea, proud that she knew this piece of information.

"No actually," says Videl, "Mars is made of solid rock, and we would die of asphyxiation." 

"As your ex-tutor," says Angelique, finally joining in the conversation, "I am appalled that you did not know this piece of information." 

"I think we were interrupted before we got to astrology."

"Astronomy," Videl and Angelique say simultaneously. 

"Shut up," says Thea, "I don't care. I'm not a nerd." 

"You're not a nerd?" inquires Angelique, "Then why did I see every single Lord of the Rings book and movie in your room? As well as all the Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and-"

"I'm a cool nerd," says Thea, "Not a space nerd." 

"Yet you've been to more planets than probably any other girl your age," points out Videl. 

"That doesn't mean I know anything about the other planets!" 

"Apparently not," says Videl, "You were in Ardhigiza for almost a month in total and never realized that the sun rises in the west." 

"I noticed, but I just didn't remember. In case you don't remember, I was a little busy not being killed by someone. Oh wait. That was you." 

"Was it?" asks Videl, studying the wait times for Splash Mountain (60 minutes for Stand-by and 25 for Fast-pass), "I don't seem to recall that." 

Thea rolls her eyes and begins to walk towards the Stand-by line, seeing as they hadn't thought to put Fast-passes on their Magic Bands, but Videl pulls her back. 

"Follow me," he says, walking right towards the Fast-pass line.

Thea groans.

"But that's not fair to the other people," she says. 

"Other people aren't like me," says Videl. "I'm special. My good looks are resemblance to Michelangelo's David."

"If you mean that you're as boring and unfeeling as marble, then yes, you are like a statue. " 

Videl ignores her and walks up to the college-aged worker who is in charge of checking the Magic Bands. Within seconds, he has lowered his sunglasses, spoken to her quietly, and led the way past her into the line. Thea wants to pout, but she can't, seeing as Videl is already being not-Videl to be riding Splash Mountain in the first place. 

Thea, Angelique, and Videl snake their way around the back of the structure, along a rope-blocked path. The path grows a little crowded and they finally have to stop, much to Videl's irritation. Thea hops up on one of the wooden planks and swings her legs around, looking about her. Like Videl, she has a habit of checking out her surroundings, as her nerves have been on end since she and Videl had first walked through San Francisco Her eyes dart anxiously around, and she chews her lower lip. 

"Stop worrying."

Thea turns to see Videl. He is leaning against the rail next to her, and even though she is sitting on the plank, he is as tall as her. He takes off his hat runs his fingers through his curls and lowers his sunglasses, looking at her calmly, "I'm watching. You don't need to worry. If I'm doing something as stupid as this, you should at least enjoy yourself, all right?" 

Thea stares at him, then pronounces, "You definitely were poisoned by the flatbread." 

Videl shoves his fedora on Thea's head. It's large on her, and slides down her forehead, onto the bridge of her freckled nose. 

They inch up the line, which leads them up a wooden staircase and inside the actual "mountain". Thea passes several YOU WILL GET WET signs accompanied by Br'er Rabbit, and upon seeing them, Videl curls his lip and gives Thea an accusatory look, as if she had put the signs up just for him.

Finally, they reach the loading dock area.. As they move up the line, Videl snatches his hat off of her head. 

"But what if I want to protect my hair?" demands Thea. 

"Protecting your hair and protecting my hair is like protecting a pile of flaxen wool or a pile of golden threads." 

"That was a pathetic analogy," says Angelique. 

Videl's arm creeps around Angelique's waist and he murmurs something to her that Thea cannot hear, but causes Angelique's face to flush. Thea looks away and plays with her fingers. 

"How many?"

Thea looks up to see a dock attendant waiting expectantly for her. 

Glancing at Videl and Angelique to see them staring at each other still, Videl's hooded eyes mischievous but with something else in them and Angelique's wide but controlled, Thea says, "Sorry, what?"

"How many in your party?" The dock attendant looks way too cheerful.  

"Oh," says Thea, "Three." 

"Row one."

Thea waits in the queue and watches as the log boat bounces through the water towards them, carrying around ten soaking-wet passengers. As the passengers disembark, Videl takes one look at the boat and groans, "The boat is wet, what does that mean for us?"

As if reading his mind, the dock attendant says cheerfully, "You might want to take off your hate there, bud. It'll fly off on the big drop!"

"Oh fantastic," says Videl, climbing into the log and gingerly sitting down on the (wet) bench. He takes off his fedora and sets it next to him, "This is just what I wanted."

"You know," says Angelique, who is sitting down on the far left, on Thea's other side, "If I didn't know better, I would say that you're scared." 

"I am not scared," says Videl, standing up to move some of his and Thea's stuff off of the seat, "I just didn't exactly want to get my bum wet."

Thea, who is looking down, hears a slap, and when she looks up, she sees Videl looking at Angelique with something like astonishment. 

"It is pretty wet," says Angelique, a devilish look on her pretty face. 

Videl opens his mouth, but then Thea says, "Okay. I'm officially moving so that you two can sit next to each other."

"No," says Videl, pulling her shirt to keep her sitting, "You're sitting in the middle." 

However, he does lean over Thea and whisper something in Angelique's ear. 

"If you're going to keep whispering dirty things to her," says Thea, slightly crankily, "Then I really want to move." 

"It wasn't dirty," says Angelique way too quickly. 

"Right," says Thea. "This is Videl."

"What's that supposed to mean?" asks Videl, leaning back against the seat, looking extremely satisfied with himself. 

"It means just what I said," says Thea. 

Videl rolls his eyes and throws his arm around both Thea's and Angelique's shoulders. Thea makes a face and pushes him off of her (after seeing Thea do this, Angelique does the same, carefully looking around the boarding station with more enthusiasm than could be considered necessary), "Ew, you're touching me, now I'm infected." 

Videl punches her shoulder. 

The attendants have them pull down a safety belt on their laps that makes Thea squirm slightly from the rigidness, although Videl snaps at her for attempting to pull it up slightly. Thea, determined to ignore his perpetual irritatingness, whoops when the lop boat begins to move down the water-filled chute. 

They enter a semi-dark room filled with colorful, moving mechanical animals typical of the Deep South, and of the Bre'r Rabbit stories, singing and twanging on instruments. Videl looks like he wants to say something derisive, but Angelique quickly shuts him up with a significant look in Thea's direction. So Videl stays stormily silent, squished between Thea and Angelique, his arms crossed. 

"This is so cute!" exclaims Angelique, looking around, and then giving Videl a sweet smile that is almost daring him to make a retorting comment. He keeps quiet. 

The boat moves outside, and as it moves around a right-hand turn, Thea can see the glowing Cinderella Castle on her left. Below, lit up by the plentiful amount of lighting in Frontierland, are guests standing on the same viewing bridge that Thea had looked at the ride at, waving up at the boat riders. Thea almost waves, but then doesn't. Instead, she watches as a boat goes whooshing down the giant drop above them, screams echoing through the descent. 

The boat turns right, and Thea hears the sound of rushing water, and soon sees its source: a drop that stoops sharply downwards, not as tall as the large finale, but still significantly high. She grins, and Videl groans. When the boat tips and zooms down the hill, Thea whoops, feeling the water-filled breeze on her face. There is a small splash, although it doesn't get them wet at all, much to Videl's relief. 

"How many more drops are there?" demands Videl, "And how tall is the last one?" 

"There are three in total," says Angelique, grinning like Thea as the boat floats back inside, to more menageries of rabbits and foxes, still singing, "And I don't know how tall it us, but it's pretty steep." 

"Videl is scaaared," says Thea, her face lit up with glee. 

"I'm really not," replies Videl, looking down at her with one eyebrow raised. His nose piercing is glittering in the florescent lights. "Do I look remotely scared to you?" 

"Yes," says Thea, even though she's lying. Videl looks completely un-terrified, although Thea supposes that when you face down a huge Kodiak bear, a water ride wouldn't do much to scare you. 

Videl snorts, and doesn't reply. 

The boat turns right again, treating guests with a view of Bre'r Bear's rear end stuck in a wall, with Bre'r Rabbit laughing raucously from his mischievous prank. Based on the storyline, Thea guesses that Bre'r Rabbit has been trying to escape from Bre'r Bear and Bre'r Fox, and accomplishing it with ludicrous results every time. 

There is also a dark hole next to Bre'r Bear, and the boat glides towards it. For some reason, Angelique has a very impish look on her face. 

And then, the boat tips again, and Thea lets out a short scream as the boat zooms down the second drop, this one steeper, and also completely in the dark. The boat immediately jerks back up, throwing Thea against the back of the seat, and she begins to laugh. 

"I'm glad you're amused," says Videl, "Because this is extremely boring for me at the moment." 

"I dare you not to make a single sound on the big drop," says Angelique. 

Videl regards her through hooded eyes, "I accept that challenge."

Videl and Angelique don't have long to wait. The boat eventually turns to the right, and Thea sees an extremely steep hill leading up to the opening of the cave, obviously the opening where the boats go over the large drop. There is a short line of boats waiting to go up the hill, and Thea grasps the handle, hopping up and down in her seat a little bit in excitement. 

"Calm yourself," says Videl, reaching over and flicking Thea's face and successfully smacking her cheek with one of his rings, "It's just a hill." 

"I will not calm myself," replies Thea shortly, proceeding to hop up and down more as the boat in front of them begins to go up the hill, "Don't tell me how to live my life." 

"I don't know if you've noticed," comments Angelique, "But, Videl, whenever you tell Thea not to do something, she's going to do it twice as much." 

"I've noticed," says Videl dryly, "And I keep begging for the day to come when she stops."

"Looks like you'll be waiting for a while," says Thea. 

"Here we go!" exclaims Angelique as their boat begins the ascent, and Thea is tilted back in her seat. The gaping hole becomes larger and larger, and Thea's grin becomes wider and wider. 

Thea has precisely one second to get a sweeping view of the Magic Kingdom, all sparkling and colorful in the darkness, before the boat tips over the edge. She lets out a shrill scream as they rocket down the hill. Thea suddenly feels like she's about to get thrown from the boat, her stomach is in her throat, she's flying...

And then water splashes around her, drenching her face, her hair, her skin as the boat crashes down, letting out a geyser of water. Thea gasps, then begins to crack up, throwing her head back as she laughs. 

Videl is sputtering, shaking his wet hair like a dog. His face is dripping. "The...effing...hell!" 

Angelique is laughing too, squeezing the water from her much longer, brown hair. "WHOO! Oh my gosh, that was incredible! And Videl, you shouted, I heard you!" 

"If you...say so," mutters Videl, still shaking his head, splattering Thea with more water, "Urgh, I hate being wet." 

Thea smacks her (short) hair against Videl's cheek. He glares at her and proceeds to throw water from his fingers onto her face. 

*

Videl might have been complaining, but he is in a recognizably more amiable mood after they climb off the boats, and only puts up minor protest when Thea and Angelique take his arm and pull him, all of them still soaking wet, towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. 

The wait is an hour, but once again, Videl leads the girls through the Fastpass line. This time, the line snakes through a pretend mining town, complete with cacti and twangy background music. The actual roller coaster is built around tall, reddish colored rocks that shoot up in the air like towers. Thea can see one of the trains zipping around a corner, with screaming guests aboard. 

"What are the chances of falling out?" asks Videl curiously, "Because if the chances are high, then Thea is most certainly going on this ride." 

His tone is light-hearted, so Thea doesn't get upset about it, although she does aim a kick at his shin (which misses). 

"Thea won't fall out," says Angelique, "And you won't either, unless Thea and I decide to push you off." 

"Which is an extremely reasonable possibility if you think about it," puts in Thea. 

The seating is just like the Splash Mountain, with Thea, then Videl, and then Angelique. There is also another seat restraint, but Thea doesn't exactly mind this one, and before they know it, they are moving forward along the rickety track. 

They go up a hill, and to the right and left is a huge chasm, complete with stalagmites and stalactites and blinking bats. When Videl looks forward, he groans, "No, please, no more water." 

"It's just mist," laughs Angelique as the train continues up the track. And then, it gets over the hill, and as the train turns around a bend, it begins to pick up speed. Thea whoops again as the train moves faster and faster, jerking them from side to side so much, Thea feels like a rag doll. 

The ride is tumultuous, and Thea is half-screaming, half-laughing the entire time. Angelique is screaming too, her hair flying behind her like a flag, and although Videl had faked annoyance, Thea can swear she sees a grin pulling at the edges of his mouth. At one point, as the train whizzes around a curve, Thea shrieks, "I AM GOING TO FALL OUT OF THIS THING!" 

At this, Videl shouts back, over the roaring of the wind, "Well then, thank God for something!" 

"Seriously?!" demands Angelique, then lets out a short shriek as the train goes over a severe bump that comes close to an overpass, so that Thea, even short Thea, gets the allusion that she needs to duck down. 

But Thea notices that even though Videl continues to poke fun at her, he wraps his arm around her, as if shielding her from the extremely not-possible but still strong possibility of her flying out of the train. 

Whew!

Please VOTE and COMMENT :)

So glad y'all liked the trailer! :D ily all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 29.2K 47
The people of Asgard are looking for a new home. They get a warm welcome on Earth, except for Loki. He is treated like a criminal of war, a terrorist...
1M 28.3K 18
Whilst in combat in the US Army, Ava Richards stormed a terrorist base which contained chemically manipulated gas with extreme side effects; in Ava's...
177K 6.8K 66
Thea has never believed in vampires. But then again, she had never believed in demi-gods or superheroes or aliens until six months ago when her home...
1.3K 122 26
Phoebe, goddess of the moon. Has known one thing in her life, and that was the art of war. But all that seems to change when she returns to her home...