BETROTHED TO THE BILLIONAIRE

By Eaglewoman20

When Valerie Adams gets to know that she is betrothed to the youngest billionaire in New York, just to save h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101

CHAPTER 28

18.2K 493 24
By Eaglewoman20

Valerie's POV

Ryan is holding grudges against me because of what I did to him last night.

That is how it seems to me because all through the ride to his parent's mansion, he was quiet and back to that rude guy I know him to be.

Well, I thought he was beginning to change but now I am damn sure he has several personality disorders.

Why the hell will he act like he is cool with me this minute and then the next minute, he is aloof?

He kissed me last night. I controlled myself from slapping him. I have always hated the idea of kissing another man who isn't Fred but Ryan kissed me last night unexpectedly.

I don't know why I didn't stop him or slap him after I managed to push him away but I think it is because we are legally married and he can kiss me.

I just don't like the idea personally. Besides, it was just an act as he said. A practice I mean.

This way, if he tries to do something similar in front of his parents, I won't be caught unawares and I won't do something rash either forgetting the real reason why we are in this situation.

"Ryan", his mother calls him at last. I have been doing all I can to make them interact like Mother and son since we arrived. I guess he got that aloofness from his Mother. She is hell-bent on making him suffer for what he did.

He stops eating immediately and looks up expectantly, anticipating something more. "Finish up, I want us to talk about something."

Finally!

He shakes his head and drags his seat backward to get up. He picks up the serviette from the table to wipe his mouth too before standing straight. "I'm done eating."

I have never seen Ryan behave this way. He is acting like how a normal person would do when they are in the presence of their Master.

Mrs. Lorenzo gazes up, dropping her fork too, her actions slower than usual and a worried expression on her face.

I feel like there is something on her mind but she doesn't want to share it with anyone so no one will worry about her.

She decided to stop the treatments and she has to bear the consequences of her decision.

I wish she can let it all out. All the pain. I wish it could be shared. But she has it all stocked in. She doesn't want anyone to share in her pain. She doesn't want her son to go through any pain of watching her writhe away.

She nods and rises slowly too and I watch him help her out of the dining room. 

Now, I am left with Anita and Mr. Lorenzo. I don't know much about Mr. Lorenzo but he has been extremely quiet since we began to eat.

Anita and I were talking to lighten up the atmosphere.

The last time we were here, the atmosphere wasn't as tense and sad as this and I fear that his Mother's time is almost here.

Every one of them is just hiding the pain. Anita reminds me of the younger version of me too. She doesn't show how she feels, she is lively and full of life despite what is about to happen.

Suddenly losing my appetite, I push the plate away and my phone rings almost immediately. 

It is Dad.

Excusing myself from my sister-in-law and my father-in-law, I get up and leave the dining area, taking the door outside to find a quiet place to receive my dad's call.

He has never called since I got married. Mother didn't call either, but they sent me a message the day after my wedding.

Before it goes to voicemail, I pick it up. "Dad?"

"Valerie Adams, long time no see", my Mother's shrill voice booms into my ears.

I shut my eyes and rub my forehead with my index finger. "Mom?"

"Mom? Now you know I am your mom?"

"What do you mean by that?" I ask in confusion.

"What is the essence of having you married to that boy if he won't help us, then? Is this the way you want to get back at us? So you planned this all along, you went ahead with the marriage so you could get back at us by not allowing him to perform his duties?"

I still can't comprehend what she is talking about. My confusion intensifies and I drop my finger off my forehead.

I twirl back, the evening air slapping me across my face, as I walk towards the swimming arena. "What the hell are you talking about, mom?"

"You want to lie that this isn't what you planned?" She continues to accuse me and I decide to cut her off.

"Where is dad?"

She does not respond.

"Please give the phone to dad", I plead with her calmly. I don't seem to get this straight.

She is not just accusing me. She is also accusing Ryan of not sticking to his end of the bargain. This marriage is solely based on that; helping my father's company stand back on its feet while I become his legal wife.

I am his wife now. We have been married for a few weeks now so I don't understand what is going on and why he hasn't done his own part.

"Give dad the damn phone, mom", I shout, my uprising anger erupting like a volcano. "Give the damn phone to him."

"He isn't here."

"What the hell are you talking about then? What do you mean by all of that shit?"

"You didn't plan this?"

"No. I have no idea what you are talking about, mom!"

She sighs deeply and silence ensues, making me feel restless. 

"Ryan isn't helping your father. I don't know what is happening, I thought you were behind this. We should have insisted that the help should come first before the wedding."

Now I am more than sure that Mrs. Lorenzo isn't my mom's friend. If she is her friend, why can't she talk to her about it? Why does it have to be me all the time?

Mom feels more pain about the bankruptcy than my father. She is putting more effort into it than my father is doing.

Father must be somewhere, hoping Ryan will do something soon but Mother is the one taking the action of calling to accuse me.

Who the hell does Ryan think he is? What is the essence of this marriage if he isn't going to help as he promised? What sort of selfish man is he? Is he crazy to think he can play this shitty game with me?

My father needs his company back immediately. Not for my sake or my mother's sake but for his own sanity. 

"Are you home?" I ask her immediately, walking away from the swimming pool so I can find Ryan wherever he has gone with his Mother.

"Yes."

"What about Dad?"

"Yes." 

I stop walking. "I thought you just said he wasn't there?"

"Well, yes. I am making this call from the bathroom while your father is in the bedroom. You know I can't let him know that I am calling…."

"It's fine", I interrupt her. This is how desperate my mother is. "I'm coming home."

"Really? Are you coming with Ryan?"

"No, mom!" I almost scream in frustration. "I'm coming alone."

"Alright, but can you please give out one of the designer bags your mother-in-law got for you on your wedding day? I love that bag."

"No, mom!" I groan and hang up.

She just reminded me of the bag. I never brought it out since Ryan and I got married. I haven't used it either. Mother must have seen it when the woman gave it to me that night.

It was my wedding gift. From my mother-in-law and she expects me to give it out to her because she is my mother?

I should be the materialistic one, not her. I am not going home because of her, I am going home because of my father.

I need to assure him that everything will be fine and hear the whole details from him. I don't trust Mother one bit. She might actually be doing this just to get more financial help from Ryan and sometimes, it makes me feel strange.

If we had been poor right from the start, I would have understood mother better but we were wealthy. We used to be wealthy. Things changed because of the default in the company's financial status yet Mother is already selling us out.

As for that brainless, selfish, egoistic man I call my husband, he is going to hear from me tonight.

****

Is Ryan in trouble?😂

What do you think is happening? Why hasn't their own side of the agreement been fulfilled?

Do you think this is Ryan's doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 317 58
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
115K 3.3K 23
"I'll marry you, but I have some conditions" I said. "And those are?" "I want you to be tested for STD's." I answered. "Are you mad?" I could tell...
135K 5.4K 114
*𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃* After a short-lived marriage with the cold and arrogant billionaire Ronin Logan, Carmen Price is eager for a break...
225K 10.9K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...