Young and Menace the companio...

By tabbymac

this contains one shots, smut, deleted scenes and pictures from Young and Menace! More

introduction
๐Ÿ”Ž : Pictures Liza would have on her wall
๐Ÿ”Ž : Steve, Robin and Dustin's s letters
๐Ÿ”Ž : Nancy, Mike, Lucas and Max's Letters
๐Ÿ–ค: Who knows Liza Better
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”Ž: Mike telling Will and El about the break up
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”Ž: Eddie's asking Liza to go to Reefer Ricks
๐Ÿ–ค : How Steve and Liza first met
โœจ๐Ÿ–ค : Liza and Eddie's Spring Break
๐Ÿ–ค : Liza and Corroded Coffin
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Eddie's vest
๐Ÿ–ค : Steve gets the love he deserves
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Liza being Max's safe place
๐Ÿ”Ž: The nine months Steve's POV
๐Ÿ–ค: Liza meets Steve's Parents
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”:Eddie seeing Liza's scars.
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ” : Liza's Tattoos
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ–ค : Nightmare Club
โœจ๐Ÿ–คStarry date night
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค: Reunion
๐Ÿ–คWhat if: Liza chose Eddie
๐Ÿ–ค : Our Girl part one
๐Ÿ–ค : Our girl part 2
โœจ๐Ÿ–ค : Our girl part 3
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค: Eddie's realizations
๐Ÿ”Ž1๏ธโƒฃ : the Demogorgon
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”Ž: sick day
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค: Robin gets forgiven
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Liza and the Five Stages of Greif
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Dustins POV
๐Ÿ”Ž1๏ธโƒฃ : Wills dead
๐Ÿ”Ž1๏ธโƒฃ : Bad Men and Coming together
๐Ÿ”Ž1๏ธโƒฃ : Elevens gone and Hospitals
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : The first show
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Wayne and Managing
๐Ÿ”Ž๐Ÿ–ค : Bikers and Leather
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”Ž : Steve's grandmother
๐Ÿ–ค : Wrong Accusations and Coming Clean
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ”Ž : Liza tells Eddie about the breakup

๐Ÿ–ค : A Very Henderson Christmas

334 6 313
By tabbymac

  Steve stood in front of the door to the Henderson house, nervously waiting for someone to come open the door. It was Christmas Eve and he found himself invited to his girlfriends house for Christmas. They had barely been together for two months, everything was new and yet Claudia had asked him if he was coming over for the holiday like he had been coming over for years.

  Steve suspected that Liza had let slip that his parents would be gone away over the break, some business meeting that he really didn't care about but it meant he would be alone nonetheless. He wasn't mad that the blonde had told her mother about the situation but he was a bit embarrassed that he was showing up empty handed besides his present for Liza. He had no clue what to get Claudia or Dustin and he hoped that they wouldn't be upset by that fact.

  "Steve!" Claudia beamed as she swung the door open, she was covered in flour and what looked to be some kind of pie filling smeared across her cheek. She stepped to the side, ushering Steve in with flapping hands. "Come in, it's freezing! How long have you been standing there? The door was unlocked you should have just come in!"

  Steve let the woman lead him into the house, he shut the door behind himself and shucked off his coat, hanging it on the hook beside Liza's coat. Claudia brought Steve into the kitchen, where they found Liza and Dustin wearing matching pajamas and shoving cookies in their pockets while one hung from Liza mouth. Steve eyed the scene with a smile on his face while Claudia crossed her arms over her chest and cleared her throat. The siblings turned around wide eyed, both pointing to the other exclaiming that the other was the mastermind behind this little cookie stealing operation.

  "Uh huh, and next you'll be telling me that Mews didn't actually run away." Claudia teased, glancing back at Steve with a smile and a wink. She missed the panicked looks on her childrens faces that they schooled quickly when she turned back towards them. "Now out of the kitchen and take Steve with you. I'll bring in the hot chocolate in a moment."

   Dustin ran immediately to the livingroom while Liza came around the island and grabbed Steves hand so she could drag him along. Steve's eyes widened when he looked spotted the presents under the tree, he had only ever seen that much under the Wheeler's tree the year prior and that was because they had a big family. Here it was only Claudia, Dustin and Liza aswell as himself. Dustin saw Steves surprise and giggled.

  "It's not all for us, some of it is for you and some are Liza's presents for the guys, El and Max." Dustin explained around a mouthful of cookie. Liza watched as Steve shifted nervously, she knew exactly why too.

  "Dont worry, your name is on all of my presents I bought. Figured you wouldn't have a clue what to get anyone." Liza whispered, disguising the moment by kissing Steves cheek as she handed him one of her stolen cookies.

  "I'll pay you back for half of everything." Steve mumbled, feeling ashamed that Liza had probably shelled out most of her money to buy the presents then slapped his name on them. "Just give me the number and I'll have it for you."

  "No, you don't have to pay me back." Liza shook her head, pulling Steve over to the couch then pushed him down. Steve went to protest but Liza shook her head and snuggled into his side. "Next year you can buy all the presents, I'm sure whatever town you end up in for college will have better shops than Hawkins anyways."

  "Are you two done being disgusting or can I put on the movie now?" Dustin asked annoyed. Liza chuckled but told the boy to go ahead. Steve wondered what kind of movie was the type for the Henderson's to watch on Christmas Eve, did they watch the classics or newer ones. He knew Liza liked the Gremlins but would Claudia be up for that kind of movie?

  The tv lit up with the Star Wars Christmas special and Steve had never felt more confused. Sure, he had heard of Star Wars but he had never seen a single one of the movies. Dustin turned around and saw the look on Steve's face and immediately paused the movie.

  "You've got to be kidding me! You've never seen the Star Wars movies?" Dustin exclaimed, though he shouldn't be shocked. Steve was cool but not that cool. Dustin looked to his sister to see if she was just as appalled as he was, she was staring slack jawed at Steve and Dustin felt vindicated. "Liza, we have to make him watch them!"

  "I know what we're doing on New Year's Eve." Liza sang, poking Steve on the chest.

  "Wait, actually?" Steve asked, that wasn't exactly what he expected to be doing on New Year's Eve. Usually he went to house parties or one of his dad's business parties.

  "Yes, actually. I have the boys over so that the parents can go do what they want. Means that the Wheeler's only have to find a babysitter for Holly and the Sinclair's have to find one for Erica." Liza chuckled. She had been doing this for years, ever since the boys had become friends. This year Eleven and Max would be joining the festivities with them, Liza had some things planned for the girls while the boys did their traditional mini campaign, she believed it was Lucas's turn to lead.

   Steve stared at the blonde for a few seconds, if anyone else had told him that for New Year's Eve that he would be spending it with a bunch of middle schoolers watching Star Wars he would have laughed in their face but this was Liza and she had him wrapped around her finger. So anything she told him was law as far as he was concerned.

  "Fine, Star Wars to ring in the new year it is." Steve sighed, pulling Liza right into his side. Dustin beamed and turned the movie back on. "Am I allowed to ask questions?"

  "No, you aren't. Dustin will have a fit if you talk during this movie." Claudia answered as she brought in a tray. She sat it down on the coffee table, revealing four mugs of whipped cream topped Hot Chocolate, a plate of cookies and pretzels. Claudia handed out the mugs and Steve noticed that they seemed to be personal to each person.

  Dustins was a Star Wars mug, Chewbacca was wearing a Santa hat and it read have 'Have a Chewy Christmas!' The Whipped Cream was topped with enough sprinkles to give anyone a toothache and there was a candy cane sticking out.

  Liza's was an AC/DC mug, the writing looked like it was made out of candy canes and the black background was covered in snowflakes. Her whipped cream had what looked like cinnamon covering it and two cinnamon sticks sticking out.

  Claudia's said 'Best Mom' and her whipped cream was topped with a mix of both of her children's toppings, along with one marshmallow. One cinnamon stick and a candy cane sticking out.

  Steve looked at his mug, it had Christmas lights and the whipper cream was covered in marshmallows. He had never told the woman that he liked marshmallows and yet they were there. Steve felt like he was being accepted into the family. Not like he wasn't already, Claudia had treated him like one of her own since Liza first brought him around but this suddenly felt real.

  "It's traditional that we have hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. I've seen you sneak the marshmallows from the cupboard so I could only assume that you would enjoy them in your drink." Claudia smiled as she peered over her mug. "We don't have a personal mug for you yet but I'm sure we can find one."

  Steve smiled at the mother and thanked her, sipping the hot drink as he turned his attention on to the movie. He wasn't able to follow it at all, he didn't know the characters or even the plot lines but he enjoyed it nonetheless. They watched Gremlins afterwards, something that made Steve chuckle as Liza was able to quote it by now.

~x~

   Eventually Claudia ushered them all to bed, she showed Steve the guest room. Pretending like she didn't know that once her door was shut that Steve would sneak into Liza's room to sleep. Steve placed a kiss to Liza's forehead, gave a hug to Claudia and ruffled Dustin's hair then went to the bedroom.

   Steve waited five minutes before tiptoeing into Liza's room. She was sat up in her bed, a book on her lap that she was engrossed in. She had replaced her Christmas pajamas with her usual t-shirt and shorts. Steve moved across the room, pulling his shirt off and then climbed in beside the blonde, wrapping an arm around her waist as he settled on his back. Liza reached out and rested her hand on his stomach, absent mindedly tracing patterns against his skin.

  "Is it a good book?" Steve asked, pulling Liza's attention away from the words on on to him. Liza rolled her eyes, knowing that was Steve's way of asking her to put the book away. She marked her spot and tossed the book onto the bedside table then curled into Steve's side and rested her chin on his chest, hooking one of her legs up on top of his. "Thank you."

  "Uh huh." Liza hummed. "So, how did you enjoy your Christmas Eve?" Steve tucked an arm under his head and ran his free hand along Liza's arm.

  "It was great, is there any other traditions I should be aware of?" Steve asked, looking down at the blonde.

  "The only one I'm gonna tell you is that around seven, Dustin is gonna bust through that door and drag us to our stockings. Everything else you'll have to find out on your own." Liza grinned and wrinkled her nose.

  "Great, cause your brother is exactly the type of alarm clock I'm looking for." Steve teased. Liza pinched his side, making the boy squirm slightly. "Thank you, by the way. For putting my name on the presents. I realized I never said it earlier."

  "No need to thank me. You would have done the same thing." Liza leaned up on her elbow to kiss Steve. He smiled against the blondes lips, burying a hand into her hair to pull her closer. Liza braced a hand on to Steve's chest and sighed, causing Steve to try and deepen the kiss. "Uh uh, Loverboy. We need to sleep, seven comes quick."

  Steve sighed but let Liza settle back into his arms, they said their good night's. Steve heard Liza's breaths even out and he took a second to thank what ever higher beings there was out there that brought him the blonde and her family. Soon, Steve himself fell into a dreamless sleep.

~x~

   "Liza! Steve! It's time to get up!" Dustin's voice ripped Steve out of his slumber like a grenade. He was thankful he was on his stomach so he could hide his face in the pillow when Dustin turned the light on. He vaugely heard Liza speak, he registered her voice but any words she said sounded like Russian to him. The sound of the young boy leaving the room was the only other thing he heard before he felt Liza's lips press against his shoulder blade.

  "C'mon sleepy head, I managed to buy us five more minutes but after that you are at the mercy of Dust." Liza mumbled against Steve's skin.

  Steve groaned, turning to face Liza so he could pull her into his arms. The blonde giggled as she started to pepper kisses along his face to keep him awake. This was one of his favorite parts about waking up to Liza, if she was the first one awake she would place kisses on to his face and shoulders until he eventually came to.

  "He does this every Christmas?" Steve asked, his voice was raspy from his sleep. He peeked an eye open to find Liza nodding. "Alright, well we better go out there before he comes back."

   The pair climbed out of bed, while Liza switched her pajamas back to the ones from the night before - she couldn't stand sleeping in pants when Steve was in the bed, she claimed it got too hot - Steve found his shirt laying on the ground. The couple just made it outside of Liza's door when Dustin appeared at the end of the hallway, a glass of water in his hand.

  "Good, I didn't want to have to waterboard you." Dustin nodded then went towards the livingroom. Steve looked down at Liza with wide eyes, he had learned very quickly that the siblings shared a proclivity towards violence sometimes but it still shocked him when Dustin showed that side of him. The blonde just shrugged and grabbed Steve's hand, leading him back to the couch where they sat the night before.

  Dustin grabbed three stockings off of the fireplace, handing Liza and Steve's theirs before plopping himself down on to the floor and dumped his out. Steve watched as Liza pulled the coffee table closer and dumped her out. She moved the pile over and held her hand out to Steve who handed her his stocking and she dumped his into another pile.

  Steve's watched in shock as chocolates, candy, a small box, an apple and an orange dropped down. He wasn't sure what to do now so he looked to the siblings for a clue. He saw Liza unwrapping a Tootsie roll and pop it into her mouth while Dustin went straight for the small box in his pile. Steve was curious so he grabbed the box that was on top of his treats and opened it.

   Inside sat a small ornament. It was clear but the inside was filled with what looked like snowflake confetti and a small snowman. He looked to see Dustin holding up a similar ornament only his had a reindeer and Liza opened hers to find an ornament with a candy cane. Steve watched in confusion as the sibling went to the Christmas tree and placed the baubles onto the branches.

  "Every year mom gives us these little ornaments as our first presents. At first it was just to tie us over until the actual presents but then it became this cute little tradition." Liza explained, pulling Steve up from the couch and the towards the tree. Steve stood unsure if he should put his on there, as if it would turn out to be some kind of joke. "Go on, if mom comes out and sees that you didn't put yours up, she's gonna start asking questions."

  Steve looked at the tree, trying to find a good branch to put it on. It was a real Christmas tree, something that he never got at home as his mother only put up a fake one. His eyes lingered on other ornaments as he looked, there was two 'babies first Christmas' ornaments each with the respective childrens names. He saw a few that clearly belonged to Liza or Dustin and then some classic colored balls. He decided to put his ornament next to a Santa holding a coffee mug.

  "Oh good! You guys showed Steve what to do." Claudia spoke as she entered the room, she was tying her robe as she stopped beside her chair. "Are we doing presents first or should we eat some breakfast?"

  "Mom, you ask that every year and every year we give you the same answer." Dustin rolled his eyes.

  "Yes, I know. Presents and we'll eat at supper." Claudia recited. "However I need a coffee. Elizabeth, I know you want one aswell. What about you, Steve?"

  "I'm good, thanks Mrs.H." Steve said, moving to sit back down on to the couch.

  "Mrs.H." Claudia scoffed. "Steve, you are family. You can call me Claudia or even Mom!" She walked into the kitchen muttering under her breath.

  "You're family, Steve!" Dustin mocked, shoving a bite of three Musketeers into his mouth.

  "Watch it, Henderson. You'll get cavities before all your teeth even come in." Steve pointed at the boy. Liza snorted a laugh as Dustin pouted. Steve reached out to grab Liza, he tugged her down so she was settled with her legs across his lap.

~x~

   After Claudia and Liza had finished their coffees, Dustin scooched himself beside the tree and grabbed the first present and rhymed off the names on it. He tossed the present to his mother who opened it to find a brand new apron inside from Liza and Steve.

  "Oh thank you both." Claudia smiled, placing the wrapping paper in a garbage bag and her apron on the floor beside her chair.

   That's how the presents went. Dustin pulling them from under the tree then handing them to the appropriate person or keeping it to himself to open. By the time they were done an hour had passed and there was only seven presents left under the tree.

  "Who are they for?" Steve asked, confused as to why no one had claimed those presents.

  "They are for the boys, Max, El, Hop and Joyce. Dustin and I take em to the kids after supper, usually Mom or I drive but this year you can." Liza answered, gathering her presents in her arms as she glanced back at Steve. "C'mon, you can put your stuff in my room for now."

  The couple took their presents to Liza's room and placed them on the bed. Steve flopped back on to the covers while Liza started to put her things away. She had gotten clothes, makeup and a few trinkets from her mother, Dustin had gotten her some cassettes that she added to her shelf. Steve's gift was her favorite, a stuffed Gizmo from the Gremlins movie which was a teasing nod to him telling her that she should never have a gremlin.

  Steve glanced over at his pile of gifts with a smile. He couldn't remember the last time he got this much at Christmas time. Like Liza, he recieved clothes from Claudia, mostly t-shirts and pajama pants but he also got a mug that the woman said would be for his future Christmas's with them. It was had a baseball bat that was hitting a snowball, Steve glanced at Liza and Dustin who looked away from him with matching grins and he knew it was because of the nail bat that was hidden in the back of his car. Surprisingly Dustin also gave him a gift, a Dummy's guide to Dungeons and Dragons. Steve wasn't sure what to make of it but there was a little note inside stating that if anything else from the Upside Down showed up, Steve would be able to understand the references they would inevitably make.

  Liza's present to him was the one that made him the happiest. It was a picture of him and her in a frame. He remembered the moment that was captured, it was at the group sleepover Liza threw for the kids a week after they had shut the gate to the Upside Down. Steve sat beside Liza, they were by the pool and Steve had his arm wrapped around the blonde. If he had to guess, Johnathan was the one who took the picture and he knew that Liza probably begged the boy for the photo.

  "So, now what?" Steve asked, he lifted his head to see Liza had changed and was sitting at her vanity putting on eyeliner.

  "Now we get dressed, do whatever till mom either finishes supper or asks for help with it. She barely does but she just might this year. Then we eat and go be Santa to a bunch of children." Liza answered, turning around to look at Steve with a smile. Steve propped himself up on to his elbows, a grin on his face as he watched Liza come over to the bed. She stood between his legs with her arms crossed. "Are you gonna get up and get dressed or lay there?"

  "Depends, will you lay with me?" Steve asked, raising his brows.

  Liza rolled her eyes but crawled on to the bed and laid on her back beside her boyfriend. She barely had time to get comfortable before Steve stuck his arm under her shoulders and pulled her close. He rested a hand on her cheek, swiping his thumb along her skin as he stared into her ocean colored eyes. Liza sighed and placed her hand on his chest, gripping his shirt lightly as she bumped her nose against Steve's.

  "So does your mom make ham or turkey?" Steve asked, breaking their bubble of silence. 

  "Ham, she thinks turkey should only be made for Thanksgiving." Liza hummed. "She makes it glazed with brown sugar and honey. It was the way grandma used to make it. Dad absolutely hated it, drove him crazy."

  Steve furrowed his brows, he had known Liza for a while now but she rarely talked about her father. He wasn't even sure he remembers Dustin bring up their father. At first, when they were just friends, he didn't want to scare Liza off by asking her questions that might scare her off. She was skittish for the first few months of their friendship and he couldn't blame her, he had been a massive douchebag before hand and with the traumatic experience they had just been through he figured that he didn't need to dredge up more. But now, he felt like maybe he should ask.

  "What happened? Between your mom and dad? Why do you never talk to or about him?" Steve asked. He caught the way Liza tensed and he worried that maybe he had just made a mistake.

  "Uh, they got a divorce. At first we didn't know why, they just said that sometimes people grow apart and left it at that. Dustin and I were young, I think I was maybe twelve when it happened." Liza furrowed her brows, she was going to leave it like that but she figured they were already talking about it, she might as well tell the full story. "I asked mom the real reason why when I was fifteen. I had come back from dad's, I usually tried visiting him once a month, it was hard to do when he barely wanted to see me but I would beg him to take me.

  "Mom sat me down and explained that she caught him having an affair with a woman at the office. It had been going on for months and dad was just trying to find a way to tell her. Unfortunately for him they signed a prenup that stated if they were caught cheating, the non guilty party got the house, the kids, the car, and hefty alimony payments. I stopped going to dad's and never told Dustin. As far as I know he just thinks what we were originally told but he's smart, a certified genius. He's probably figured it out by now."

  Steve frowned as he rubbed soothing circles into Liza's cheek. He took notice that she didn't look sad or even angry, she looked disappointed or even defeated. Steve couldn't imagine going through a divorce that young, though he did wish his parents would just give up their sham of a marriage and get one. It was clear to him and many others that they weren't happy, and his dad cheated on his mother enough times that she followed him on his business trips but they refused to accept that the Nuclear family that was the Harrington's was actually an Apocalyptic war zone most times.

  "Shit, Liz. I'm sorry you had to go through that." Steve murmured, pressing a kiss to the blondes forehead. Liza let out a sigh and clutched his shirt tighter, soaking in the comfort that her boyfriend was providing. "I'm here. I know it happened awhile ago, but I'm here no matter what."

  "I know and I'm thankful for it." Liza whispered against Steve as she placed her head on his chest. The couple laid like that for a few moments before she pulled back and smiled as if she hadn't just told Steve something heart breaking.  "Now you gotta get dressed so we can go out into the livingroom." Liza patted his chest and stood up.

  Steve groaned but did as he was told. He went over to Liza's dresser, grabbing a pair of jeans and a sweater in the drawer that Liza had cleared out for him. Something she did a week after they had gotten together as Steve had a habit of sleeping over at the Hendersons. He had just pulled off his t-shirt when Dustin came barreling into the room.

   "Jesus Christ! Put a shirt on Steve." Dustin covered his eyes. Steve rolled his eyes and put on his sweater, then told Dustin that it was fine to look. Dustin removed his hands and glared at Steve, then looked to Liza who was sliding on her rings. "Mom said she wants help in the kitchen."

   "Okay, I'll go. . ." Liza began but Dustin shook his head.

  "Nope, not you. She specifically asked for Steve for help." Dustin grinned at Steve as if he was sending the man to slaughter. Liza looked to her boyfriend who gulped but nodded, moving around Dustin to go to the kitchen.

  "She's gonna interrogate him isn't she?" Liza asked, coming to stand beside her brother with crossed arms and a smirk.

  "Oh she's going to break him. She has him on potatoes. The easiest things to make while having her act like an FBI agent." Dustin chuckled, peeking his head around the corner as he heard his mother start talking. "He doesn't stand a chance."

  "Y'know everyone warns against the 'Henderson Rage' but no one warns about what we get from our mother." Liza tilted her head as she tried listening.

  "What's that?"

   "The Rossi truth seeking." Liza wagged her brows then grabbed Dustin by the upper arm and dragged him towards the livingroom. "We'll be able to hear better from here."

~x~

  "Steve! You're on potatoes. All you have to do is peel, quarter and then add the garlic." Claudia pointed towards the counter with a knife. Steve eyed the sharp tool and gulped, it was scary how much Claudia and Liza looked alike with weapons in their hands. He was almost reluctant to turn his back to the woman but he figured that the woman was otherwise harmless. "So, Steve. I have a question."

   "Yeah? What's up Mrs- I mean Claudia." Steve corrected himself as he grabbed a potato and the peeler.

  "Well, it's just that I noticed that you and Elizabeth have been close for longer than you two have been dating." Claudia stated, eyeing Steve's back as she waited for a reaction. "And during that time, you were with the Wheeler girl. Now I don't want to speculate anything but some of the girls at my salon are mother's to the girls who go to your school. And you know how rumours fly. I just want to make sure that you aren't using my daughter to get back at Nancy for getting closer to the Byers boy."

   Steve froze, he had no idea that there were rumors like that surrounding his and Liza's relationship. Sure he had heard the cheating ones, the ones that Liza was just a phase, that Liza was using him to climb up the social ladder or Hawkins High, but not that one. He wondered if Liza had heard that rumor or if she was just as clueless as he was.

   No, Steve couldn't use Liza like that. If he was being honest with himself, he was beginning to think that he loved her. Like in love with her but it was way too soon to say that. He realized he must have been taking too long to answer as he felt Claudia's glare on his back. Steve turned around to look at the mother, schooling the shock on his features to be a now sincere frown.

  "I would never use Liza like that, or anyone like that, but especially not Liz. What Nance and I had, it's done. Gone." Steve shook his head. "It was over before I think either of us noticed. She's got Johnathan now and I'm happy for her. I have Liza and I don't think I've ever been happier."

  "That's good to hear, otherwise I'd have to hurt you and you're a very nice boy." Claudia stated, cutting particularly hard into a carrot. Steve gulped and nodded, this wasn't the first time he was threatened about Liza but something about this one drove the point home. "Speaking of happy, if my daughter ever comes home in tears because of you, it's not just her you'll have to beg forgiveness from. It's me as well, and I may not be as forgiving as she may be."

  "Understood." Steve nodded then turned back around to the potatoes.

  "I must admit, I thought you would have ran for the hills when you realized that Elizabeth and those kids are a bit of a package deal." Claudia was goading him, Steve knew this. This was the first time they were actually alone with out Liza or Dustin to interfere and she was doing her job as a mother. But Steve wasn't going to take the bait.

  "Nah, I knew when I started having feelings for Liz that the kids were gonna be part of that. She's practically another parent to those kids sometimes, so I knew that if I wanted to date her I would have to deal with that. If I'm allowed to be honest here, I kinda enjoy having them around sometimes." Steve answered Claudia as he cut the potatoes.

  Steve grew up being an only child, the closest thing he had to siblings were Tommy and Carol and they didn't even scratch the surface of what Dustin or Max are to him, hell even Will, Mike, Lucas and El were like siblings to him. Maybe more like his own children but that wasn't something to admit out loud, cause that meant that he admitted that he saw him and Liza like a family with children and that wasn't something he wanted to allow himself to imagine right now.

  "I think they enjoy having you around too, I've never seen Dustin act like this with anyone besides Liza. He trusts you, so I trust you too." Claudia stated, taking the pot of carrots and turnips over to the stove. Steve smiled to himself as he added garlic to the potatoes. The mother took the pot from Steve and set it on the stove as well before turning back to Steve. "Go on, go to her. I'm sure she's wondering what I said to you."

  Steve nodded and went to go back to Liza's room but he heard laughter coming from the livingroom and headed straight to the source of the sound. He found Liza and Dustin scrambling towards the couch, trying their best to look nonchalant. Liza was pretending to pick at her nail polish while Dustin was reading a book upside down.

  "Okay, you can stop pretending you weren't listening." Steve rolled his eyes. "Make your jokes now."

  "I enjoy having them around." Dustin mocked, sending Liza into a fit of giggles. "I don't think I've ever been happier." Steve sighed and looked to Liza who was looking up at him, she was still laughing as she reached out to him.

  "If it's any consolation, I haven't been happier either." Liza chuckled. Steve placed his hand in one of hers and let her pull him forward. She reached up and put a hand on the back of Steve's neck to bring him into a kiss. Dustin fake gagged but stopped when Liza kicked him in the leg.

  "That does make the teasing hurt less." Steve muttered as he pulled away. "Are all Henderson's secret FBI agents? Or are they just naturally scary?"

  "That wasn't the Henderson blood. Mom only has that name because she hasn't changed it yet. That was the Rossi blood." Liza explained.

   "Rossi? You guys are Italian? Dustin I understand but you? You don't look Italian." Steve furrowed his brows.

  "Because I take after the Scottish Henderson genes." Liza rolled her eyes before slapping Steve in the arm. "Also you can't just say shit like that."

  "Ow, fine!"

~x~

  After supper was eaten and dessert had been served, Liza gathered the presents from under the tree in a bag and threw on her coat. Dustin was already waiting by the door, vibrating with excitement as he held his lightsaber that Liza and Steve had gotten him for Christmas. He couldn't wait to show the others how cool it was. Liza called to Steve who was helping Claudia out away the food.

  "Coming! I swear she either has the patience of a saint or no patience at all." Steve muttered to Claudia.

  "Oh she's gotten better, she used to be a menace as a child." Claudia chuckled. "Now go before she drags you." 

  Steve nodded and jogged to the door, grabbing his coat and keys as he ushered the Henderson siblings out. Dustin ran to the car, though he was left waiting till Steve got to his side to unlock it. Liza handed the presents to Dustin to take into the back seat as she climbed into the passenger side as soon as Steve rolled down the window. Her feet finding their home on the dash, making Steve playfully glare at her.

   The first house they went to was the Wheeler's as it was the closest. Liza and Dustin got out of the car while Steve stayed. He figured that the Wheeler's sans maybe Mike didn't really want to see him. He watched from the car as Mike threw open the door, a smile on his face as he greeted Liza and Dustin. He saw Mike rip open the box, revealing a Lego set that seemed to make him happy as he gripped the box in excitement. Dustin showed his friend the lightsaber, hitting Mike on the head with it before the voice of Karen was calling Mike back. The boy smiled up at Liza and said something that Steve couldn't quite make out.

   "Thanks Harrington!" Mike called and waved before darting back into the house.

   The next house was the Sinclair's, Steve followed behind Liza and Dustin as they were greeted by Lucas. Steve watched with an arm around Liza as Lucas opened up a basketball. Steve was confused at first but that was quickly wiped away when Lucas let out a Yelp and hugged Liza.

  "You remembered!" Lucas stated, looking at the ball in wonder. "and it's even NBA certified!"

  "Of course, we figured if you want to be on the basketball team once you get to highschool next year, you're gonna want to practice before hand." Liza chuckled.

  "We?" Lucas raised a brow.

  "Yeah, Steve and I." Liza replied.

  "I'll help you practice sometimes, Im on the team so I could help some." Steve offered, making Lucas light up even brighter.

  "Awesome! Thank you guys." Lucas beamed. "I gotta go before mom kills me! See you guys New Year's Eve!" Lucas waved to Dustin who waved with his lightsaber before the trio were back on the road.

  Max was next, being the only one still within the main part of Hawkins. Liza told both Steve and Dustin to stay in the car, a fact that neither boy were particularly happy about. Liza ignored their stares as she approached the Hargrove-Mayfield house and knocked. She hoped that Max or Susan answered but her prayers were met with neither of the gingers.

  "Henderson? What are you doing here?" Billy asked, a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He looked over her head to see Steve and Dustin glaring at him. He rolled his eyes and looked back to the blonde.

  "I'm here to give Max a present." Liza stated, her voice was monotone and Billy hated it, though he knew he deserved it.

  "I'll, uh, get her for you." Billy nodded, then yelled for his stepsister. They heard Max groan and start to stomp her way to the door. "I guess I'll go." He turned to walk away.

  "Billy!" Liza called before she could stop herself. He turned to look at her, a brow raised as he waited. "Merry Christmas."

  "Merry Christmas, Henderson." Billy smiled but it dropped as soon as Max came into view. The girl glared at him till he left, as soon as he was gone Max lit up with a smile and threw herself into Liza's arms.

  "Liz! What are you doing here?"

  "You think I'd let Christmas go by without giving my little sister a present?" Liza asked, pulling away from Max so she could hand the box over to her. Max's eyes widened as she began to protest and say she didn't get Liza anything. "It's fine, Spitfire. And it's not just from me, it's from Steve aswell." Liza nodded over her shoulder.

   "Why didn't they. . . " Max began but then she remembered that Billy had opened the door. "Nevermind, good call keeping them in the car."

  "I thought so, now open it."

   Max tired open the paper to find a new set of wheels for her skateboard. They were teal and glittery. She smiled and hugged Liza again, waving at Steve and Dustin as she peered over the blondes shoulder. The boys waved back and Dustin called out a Merry Christmas.

  "I saw that your wheels were getting a little worse for wear so we thought we'd get you a new set." Liza explained, kissing the top of the girls head.

  "They're perfect! Thank you!" Max exclaimed. "Who else you gotta go to?"

  "Will and then El." Liza smiled, "I also got Joyce and Hopper presents. Figured they needed some cheer too." Liza shrugged.

  "Okay well, go have fun playing Santa. Oh, and tell Steve I said thank you!" Max added. Liza gave her a thumbs up and jogged back to the car.

  "Why did you call Hargrove back?" Steve asked as soon as Liza sat back down.

  "Because I was being kind." Liza rolled her eyes. "Max said thank you by the way."

  Once at the Byers, Joyce ushered them in. Claiming they didn't need to stand on the step just for some presents. Liza, Steve and Dustin sat in the kitchen as the blonde handed a present to Will. Ever the polite boy, he thanked Liza and Steve and went to wait to open it.

  "Go ahead, Will. You know you want to." Liza urged him.

   Will wasted no time in pulling the paper off to reveal a new set of dice and a pouch for them. The dice were golden and the pouch was a nice navy blue satin. Wills eyes widened as did his smile as he thanked Liza and Steve over and over.

  "These are amazing! You guys are the best!" Will went over to Dustin and they ran to see what else Will had gotten for Christmas.

  "Your turn." Liza sang as she slid over a bag for Joyce.

  "Oh you two didn't have to get me anything." Joyce waved her hand, though she couldn't deny the warmth in her chest at the fact that they had thought of her.

  "Oh yes we did. You do so much to protect us and help us, even when you're world is falling apart. You deserve nice things." Liza stated, taking a drag from her cigarette.

  Joyce smiled softly before peering in the bag. She laughed at what was inside, a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of wine. She pulled the items out and shook her head.

  "Thank you guys, how did you know I needed wine?" Joyce looked at the wine and saw that it was particularly expensive. "Oh this just have cost you so much!"

  "The price doesn't matter, you deserve nice things remember?" Liza shook her head. 

   "Also who can tell Liz no when shes convinced on something?" Steve added.

  "You got him trained." Joyce chuckled, winking at Liza.

  "Not trained, he's just smart." Liza smiled over at Steve who rolled his eyes.

  They stayed at the Byers for ten more minutes before heading out to Hopper's cabin. It took them a little bit to get there but when they got there they were greeted by Hopper on the front porch. He stared at them with narrowed eyes until Liza climbed out of the card window.

  "Always so grumpy." Liza rolled her eyes as she approached the man. "Lighten up, it's Christmas."

  "Were you guys followed?" Hopper asked, looking past the trio into the woods.

  "Yes, because I'm going to lead the government to a little girl who I would give my life for, Hop." Liza said sarcastically. "Now, are you going to let me see El or am I gonna have to-"

   Liza didn't get to finish her threat as the door slowly started to open and reveal El, her eyes landing on her friends. Dustin pushed past everyone to go straight in, immediately showing Eleven his lightsaber. Liza smirked up at Hopper as she followed her brother in, choosing to ignore the grumbling that came from the man. Elevens eyes were wide as Dustin waved around the fake weapon.

   "I brought you something, El." Liza stated, holding out a box.

  Eleven took it hesitantly, as if it would hurt her. She shook it a few times before looking back to Liza, her head tilted in confusion. The blonde guided the girl to the couch and sat them down, she could feel Hopper watching them and she fought the urge to roll her eyes.

  "Go ahead, pull the paper off." Liza instructed, she wondered if Hopper had even gotten the girl any presents.

  Eleven gently peeled the paper off to find a plain box. Liza watched with an excited smile as Eleven opened the box, a smile spread on the young girls face as she pulled out some clothes, a stuffed bunny and a package of Eggos. Eleven looked to Hopper then back to Liza.

  "Thank you." Eleven stated, putting the things back into the box before hugging Liza.

  "It wasn't all me, Steve helped." Liza nodded back towards Steve who stood beside Hopper, a small smile on his face as he waved at the girl.

  "Thank you, Steve." Eleven looked back to Liza, a grin spreading on her face as both she and Liza called him a mouth breather.

  "Oh, Hopper. I got you something too." Liza stood up and brought a bag over to the man. She watched the smallest of smiles appear on the man's face as he opened the present.

  "A book? And a coffee mug?" Hopper turned the mug over in his hand. It read 'Worlds Okayest Dad' and the book was a parenting a teenager book. He furrowed his brows and looked at Liza and Steve. "Thank you?"

  "You have a superpowered kid who's a teenager, you have no idea what you have just gotten yourself into." Liza chuckled, wrapping an arm around Steve as she spoke. Hopper stared at the two with an unreadable expression, if Liza had to guess it was either annoyance or gratefulness but she couldn't tell which.

  The trio didn't stay long after that, unlike Joyce, Hopper wasn't exactly a warm conversationalist and Eleven was falling asleep as she listened to Dustin ramble on about the different types of Lightsabers. Liza hugged Eleven and placed a kiss to the girls hair before turning to Hopper. They both raised their brows as they stared at each other.

  "Fine, one hug kid." Hopper rolled his eyes. Liza grinned as stepped into Hoppers arms. It was a quick hug, over as soon as it began and when Liza stepped away they looked at each other and shuddered. "Never again. Now out of my house."

  "Sure thing." Dustin chirped and ran out of the cabin. The couple followed after him and drove as soon as they got into the car.

   They did a few loops around a random neighborhood, just a precaution to make sure that they were followed from Hoppers. Steve suggested going around Hawkins to look at the Christmas lights but Dustin complained that he was tired so that idea was thrown out the window.

  Once Steve pulled back into the Henderson's drive way, Dustin moved at a sluggish pace, calling a Merry Christmas and a goodbye to Steve as he slowly made his way into the house. Liza stayed back in the car, looking over to Steve with a warm smile.

  "You want me to come over your place tonight?" Liza asked, grabbing Steve's hand. The boy smiled, interlocking their fingers. He was glad Liza was as physically affectionate as she was, it soothed the little voice in his head telling him that he wasn't good enough and meant that he could touch her just as often and she wouldn't push him away.

  "Yeah, I'd like that. Then I can give you your other Christmas present." Steve leaned close to the blonde and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

  "You didn't have to buy me two presents, love." Liza sighed. "I'm happy with just the Gizmo!"

  "It's not that kind of present and I didn't buy it." Steve whispered, placing a soft kiss to Liza's neck. Her eyes widened as she caught on to what he was implying.

  "Well then who am I to deny a gift." Liza hummed, a grin on her lips. "Let's go."

  Steve swore that he had never drove faster in his life. He took every shortcut to his house that he could and they made it to the Harrington house in record time. Liza ran to the front door, bouncing on her feet as she waited for Steve to come unlock the door.

  No sooner were they in the house, Steve was on Liza. One arm wrapped around her waist while his free hand was buried in her curls. The kiss was sloppy but neither cared as Liza's hands roamed Steve's chest and tugged at his shirt.

  Steve led the girl to his bedroom, barely shutting the door before he was pushing her down on to his bed. Liza grinned as Steve climbed on top of her, bracing his hands on either side of her head as he trailed kisses up and down her neck. He pulled away briefly to look down at the blonde, a dopey smile on his face as he gazed into her eyes.

  "Merry Christmas, Darlin'."

  "Merry Christmas, Love."

  A/n: a holiday inspired fic for the beginning of the Holiday Season. The traditions and whole day was kind of inspired by the Christmas I have with my own family.

  Also, I made the Henderson family half Italian because I head cannon that they are. And yes, the Rossi last name is a nod to Criminal Minds if you were wondering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 456 19
COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE! "Young lovers with their legs tied up in knots" [SEASON THREE-FIVE] mike wheeler x fem!oc
645 22 12
Dustin Henderson x F!Reader โ ๐™‡๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™จ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™– ๐™ก...
61.7K 1.1K 42
Different Eddie Munson x fem reader.. aka y/n :) Please vote and make requests!! All rights for the characters belong to Stranger Things and the Duff...
66.8K 1.2K 64
"สแดแดœส€ สœแด€ษชส€ ษชs แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ า“ษชส€แด‡, แดŠแด€ษดแดœแด€ส€ส แด‡แดส™แด‡ส€s, แดส สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› ส™แดœส€ษดs แด›สœแด‡ส€แด‡ แด›แดแด"