Home. (Eijiro Kirishima x Rea...

By The_Queen_Boo

(Soldier!Eijiro Kirishima x Reader.) • "Do you pledge to protect the Lady with your life?" The Duke repeats a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Epilogue
Extra.

Chapter Eighteen

819 43 58
By The_Queen_Boo

Thank you for voting ennolo93 !!
—First Person POV.—

After my warm bath, the two had helped me dry off before moving out here to dry my hair and help pick out my jewelry and clothes for the event.

Asui trots on over from my temporary closet, holding two different dresses in her hands that very much did not belong to me.

"Oh, did the King provide extra dresses?" I wonder, confusion set in my words as the two glance towards the dresses before nodding in sync.

"Yes, actually, one is for tonight and the other is for tomorrow's hearing!" Mina beams suddenly as I set my brush down and give the clothes a pointed stare.

"That is.. Lovely, I need to remember to give him my thanks later." I slowly speak as my eyes trail over the fabric— Beautiful and obviously expensive.

"I guess I'll use this one for the hearing then," I pick, pointing towards the one on the right before standing to approach the two as Mina grabs the extra one and walks back off to the closet to return it.

"Wait, how did you two know about the hearing?" I pause, brows furrowing in questioning when Mina returns to the green haired maids side.

"What?" Her eyes widen slightly, a bead of sweat forming on her temple as they both shifted nervously.

"Isn't that classified information?" I wonder and she chuckles— A sheepish expression on her features as she glanced towards her friend again.

"..Actually, the head Maid let us know beforehand because we're the ones helping you get ready, Kero." The dark haired maid briefly explains— Causing me to nod slightly towards the information.

I guess.. That makes sense?

"But obviously we don't know a bunch! So you should just tell us about it— Since it sounds so interesting!" Mina smiles, her yellow irises flickering over mine with her words.

I couldn't help but laugh lightly, pulling the dress from Asui's grasp to start getting dressed after tossing my towel.

"It's just a hearing between the King's court and me, nothing too big." I state vaguely as I pull the dress on and the straps over my shoulders "Plus, why are you so interested in it anyways?"

"There's nothing interesting going on around here." The pinkette groans dramatically while Asui starts tugging at the back straps of my corset "We'd just love to hear some new.. Tea, that's all, to cure our boredom."

I watch her for a moment, taking in her expression before glancing away in thought.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? They're just maids, of course.

"Promise you won't turn this into gossip with your other maid friends?" I raise a brow skeptically and she swiftly nods before bringing her hand up to make a 'zipped' mouth gesture before 'throwing away the key' victoriously.

I snicker toward the action, her words and gestures easily winning me over as I leaned in slightly to spill the beans on what time the meeting will be held.

Of course I left out the war part and fed them enough tea to keep the two satisfied while we finished getting me ready.

—Time Skip.—

The lock on the door clicks before being pushed open, revealing the hallway outside as I walk out "Thank you, Asui." I address the short maid holding the door open for me.

From the corner of my eye, I catch her short, nearly subtle nod as her large eyes follow me and I hear a click from the door closing.

It isn't long before I catch sight of Kirishima, hurrying down the hall to stand before me— In formal attire knights usually wear..

"Oh, there you are, Soldier." I address, keeping in mind of the maids still present a bit behind me when Kirishima nears to a stop.

"Yes, sorry if you had to wait, My Lady." He hurriedly apologizes, causing me to shake my head as he briefly makes eye contact with me before glancing to the girls behind me.

I turn my head to face them as well "Will you two be accompanying me on my way to dinner?" I wonder, quickly earning two shakes from their heads as Mina grabs the shorter maids elbow.

"Sorry, but we have other.. Maid duties to deal with," She briskly answers, tugging Asui off down the hallway with her words.

And I open my mouth to say my goodbye's before Asui suddenly pauses, causing the pinkette to stop in her step as well.

Her moss green hair swaying to the side lightly as she glances back at me— Those large dark eyes of hers meeting mine and speaking silent words I couldn't understand.

"Please forgive us, Lady (Y/n)."

She utters in her usual quiet voice, this time not sporting a 'Kero' at the end of her sentence and causing me to blink slightly.

"..Don't worry, I don't mind walking with my guard there and I understand you both have your own duties to tend to." I slowly start, sending a friendly smile her way.

And she nods after a moment, soon getting dragged off by Mina while I turned to glance to the guard at my side.

—Who's brows stayed furrowed skeptically at the two maids. Once they're far enough down the hall to be out of earshot— I lightly jab my elbow into the red-heads side, sending a deadpan up at him.

My action had caused him to wince slightly, crimson eyes swiftly flickering on to me with confusion etched into them "What?" He questions as I start walking off down another hall.

"What did I say about you apologizing so much?" I scold and his shoulders slouch as he comes up to my side "I know but I can't help it! I'm just being nice," He defends and I roll my eyes.

Our bickering continues on for a while as we weave through large halls and walk past hundreds of windows showcasing the nearly night sky.

And the only thing that stops our conversation is a set of guards roaming the halls on their shift for the day.

The two send glances towards me, respectfully nodding in my direction before continuing on in the opposite direction they had been heading in.

Kirishima had fallen silent during the gesture, slinking back a bit to walk a set or two behind me like any guard would before claiming his spot at my side once more once they had gone.

The two of us walk in silence for a bit, waiting for the clear and knowing that we were alone again when only our sets of steps filled the open air.

"It looks nice on you," He comments, clearing his throat beforehand and breaking the silence that had built up for the moment— I tilt my head in his direction, watching the redhead as he eyes the jewelry hanging across my neck.

The necklace the King had gifted me earlier.

And I watch his eyes trail up to meet mine— A hue of red now falling across his features.

"Thank you." I take his compliment, choosing this time to shift my gaze over the fitted clothes he had been stuffed into.

"You look very nice as well, Kirishima." I speak up, my cheeks warming as I averted my gaze ahead "Though I do prefer your other outfit more." I comment afterwards and he nearly trips in his tracks.

"Thanks— Wait why?" He wonders and I can see his head tilted towards me from the corner of my eye.

Glancing over my shoulder, my gaze trails down his body before flickering back up to meet those crimson eyes once more. And we both come to a stop.

Turning to face him head on, I figure I'd answer his question "More to see," My voice trails off as I pause, glancing down his shirt as I lift my hands to rest on his chest.

"More to feel.." I mutter and even with the thin fabric between us, I can feel him tense beneath my touch.

"Also I don't think it's really.. How do I say, you?" I state as I fix the button that had been undone near the top of his chest, patting him lightly before I step back.

"There, sorry the button was bugging me." I apologize with a sheepish smile "You good to go?" He blinks, snapping out of his distracted haze to nod for me— Tongue tied and silent while I turn away to continue walking.

"Great, now let's hurry, I want to get there on time." I state with the flushed soldier following a little behind me.

And for a second, I hear him scoff "Weren't you the one telling me to stop apologizing earlier?" He starts and I snap my head back to look at him— A playful grin on his face to replace his previous blush.

"Didn't they tell you 'soldiers' need to stay quiet?" And thus, the bickering continues.

—Time Skip.—

As we walk, the butler standing near the outside of the doors steps forward to open it for me, bowing his head slightly in respect as we pass.

Kirishima follows close behind as I approach the table, it's wood stretching across the room to fit five dark oak chairs at its sides— Empty.

The only chair being used at the moment was the one the King sat in opposite of the door.

And after laying his eyes on me, his hand moves back— Pulling the golden goblet from his lips and setting it down on the table.

"Ah, there she is. The Lady I was waiting for," He greets, not bothering to use my name as he sends a gesture to the chair across from him.

"It is an honor to dine with you, Your Majesty." I smile, tone friendly as I step into a curtsy.

Soon walking off to take my place on the opposite end of the table while Kirishima follows, coming to stand at my side while a butler pulls and pushes in my chair— Allowing me to sit down.

The scraping of silverware against their respective plates are what fills the air for a moment— My posture straight while my eyes flickered up to the King every few bites.

"Have you activated your quirk recently?" He finally asks out of the blue— Most likely looking for small talk as I swallow the small bite I had taken.

"No, I'm keeping it locked off until our meeting tomorrow, Your Majesty." I answer— Soon earning a nod from the older man as he focused back on his food.

"The hearing. Good." He comments, words trailing off while he tilts his head back to take a sip from his golden goblet.

"Despite your little delay, I'm glad to say you've made it here on time." He continues and I nod, easily following along with his words "And in one piece." He chortles lightly.

I pause— My gaze flicking to Kirishima for a moment, only to see his crimson eyes trained on the man across from me, brows furrowed slightly but he wouldn't dare say anything.

So I clear my throat "Your Majesty, please pardon my men for the delay. There was an ambush near the boarder valleys of your kingdom." I explain, only earning a simple nod in return.

"Of course, the Nomu's have been spotted there more often ever since it had been leaked you where traveling here." He sighs, running his finger over the rim of his cup.

"I was made aware of it after two of our messengers had gone missing." He states.

And the room falls into silence after that, his eyes looking over me from afar before pausing on the jewelry placed across my neck.

"I see you got my gift." He brings up and I nod "Yes, the dress is also very pretty." I comment in return and this causes a smile to brighten his face.

"Good, I was hoping you'd like it— You are an important aid, after all."

I continue to nod with his words, poking a fork into my food and chewing slowly as he speaks "Speaking of, your assistance in the kingdom really is much appreciated, Lady."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"With a quirk like that, you're most likely looking for a strong enough suiter to help carry it on, yes?" He points out, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

"When this whole war is over, a kingdom near the Barbarian realm holds an alliance with mine and could really use a strong quirk like that."

'A quirk marriage.' I try not to let the smile on my face falter as he continues talking— A new feeling of disgust pressing against my chest now.

"I believe the Prince there is also your age, a multi-quirk user as well." He presses on and I clench my fist, wanting nothing more than to not be here in this very moment.

"Actually, according to a letter that had arrived a little while ago, Prince Shoto is seeking for your hand in marriage—" "Lady (Y/n) doesn't feel good." A voice cuts in from my side, causing me to look up.

The crimson soldier keeps his stoic expression ahead, pointed straight at the man across from me as my heart drops.

He's speaking out of line— He could be killed.

"What was that, Knight?" The King inquires, his previous smile now gone as he and my bodyguard stared each other down.

"Lady (Y/n) hasn't been feeling well and needs to rest for the hearing tomorrow, Your Majesty." The red head repeats, sounding much more formal now and causing the Kings gaze to shift to me.

Then he waves his hand dismissively "The evenings still young, but you may go turn in for the night if you need." He states and I waste no time in standing up.

"Perhaps I'll stay longer next time." I chuckle, smiling nervously at the man— Who doesn't smile in return, causing me to feel more awkward.

I clear my throat "..Thank you for tonight, Your Majesty." I say as I step out of my seat, the man far across the table still watching us as I moved.

"Your welcome, Lady (Y/n). I'll have the messengers brings the proposal letter to your room." The older man states, copying Kirishima's addressing for me and sending a shiver down my spine as I hurried to the door with the soldier in tow.

"Oh, and Lady." The King calls, falling back to my original title and causing me to pause as I nervously looked back at him "Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Put a muzzle on that soldier because if there is a next time, I'll have his tongue ripped out and fed to the dogs." He seethes as the door is pulled open.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Thank you for your time."

——————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 5.9K 41
I do not own any of the art in the story. I've noticed I've got a prominent amount of female readers (or people who wish for Y/N to be female) so whi...
3.9K 78 21
Kirishima Eiji is an 18 year old private academy student who works at a small cosplay cafe. Summer vacation is coming up and her best friend offers h...
1.5K 103 31
(Credit to the wonderful artist who drew the cover art for this story. Thank you 😭❤) Quirkless izuku soon after middle school starts developing a qu...
20.3K 1K 50
𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛...