AMARANTHINE 💫

By Notions_by_Sam

When the demons of seven deadly sins start leeching on humans, Asil, the Prince of Immortals, sets his missio... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 AMARUS
Chapter-2 Humans
Chapter-3 Zuersha
Chapter-4 The Prophecy
Chapter-5 The General and an Angel
Chapter-6 Deviares
Chapter-7 Bounded
Chapter-8 Witty Angel
Chapter-9 Ciradyl
Chapter 10- Devil of lust
Chapter-11 Volupdeus
Chapter-12 Calm before chaos
Chapter-13 The Advisor
Chapter-14 The Angel has a plan
Chapter-15 His Highness's plan is a hit
Chapter-16 Iyayi and Mihael
Chapter-17 I have no regrets
Chapter-18 Invideus
Chapter-19 Our General is very handsome
Chapter-20 Am I allowed to do so?
Chapter-21 A white bird
Chapter-22 You are special
Chapter-23 My dear General
Chapter-24 Carry me
Chapter-25 The unusual feast
Chapter-26 Should this Angel blame you for it?
Chapter-27 Laphleus
Chapter-28 Adapheus
Chapter-29 His Highness is so good with kids
Chapter-30 Kingdom in ruins, heart at unease
Chapter-31 A hungry hamster and a generous master
Chapter-32 The devil wants to bring him back
Chapter- 33 The road to righteousness
Chapter-34 The siblings
Chapter-35 The wrath of Xerith
Chapter-36 A farewell to Zuershians
Chapter-37 I miss you
Chapter-38 Prince can see you
Chapter-39 Angels fall hard
Chapter-40 The last Zuershian
Chapter-41 You are pitiful!
Chapter-42 Let's leave for Amarus
Chapter-43 His Highness Araqiel
Chapter-44 Can you show me your angel form?
Chapter-45 The last goodbye
Chapter-47 Samsara
Chapter-48 A Future with surprising possibilities
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter-46 The 'fallen' angel

2 2 0
By Notions_by_Sam

The first thing Mais notices as the spell is cast off and his vision clears is Raik handing the sword slowly to Asil's hand. Mais wanted to move forward and stop the General but he was stuck in his place as their eyes meet and Raik gestured for him to be where he is and mouths an apology before a smile graces his lips. He closes his eyes and hugs the Prince, the sword piercing through his heart as he falls into Asil's embrace.

Raik felt he had seen a miracle in form of Asil, he also felt like his shadow can cause darkness in other lives thus, decided to stay away from people until he met the angel. Since then his view changed, he wanted nothing more but to protect Asil at all costs and wanted to see him return home safely. For Raik this death was honorable, to die in the arms of the one you love...he didn't deserve this but God finally showed some mercy on him and gave him a chance, he closes his eyes without any regrets and resentment.

Mais cries in fear seeing the scene and calls for Asil but his voice was not reachable to the Prince. It was not until all of them recovered from the spell that the Prince finally shows some movement and when he sees what he has done, hurt, betrayal and devastation was all he felt. Mais could feel it too, how powerless an immortal can be in certain situations. They were all immortals here with powers above humans but none of them could surpass mortal death. He cries seeing and hearing his Prince's wails. He had always been stubborn, in his view as a demon you constantly need to just snatch what is yours, take it anyhow but being with his friends he realized what a beauty sacrifice holds for its loved ones. Mais realized what love by humans is, what love by a Prince is, he turns to Merfost and wipes his tears looking at the demon king. At this moment other things seemed temporary and materialistic, he wanted to reach out and tell the demon king that he would be more obedient, and behave well as long as the demon is by his side.

Raik's sacrifice was not in vain as soon as the devil of wrath dies, the army of devils disintegrates like dust. Eiji and his few men that were left there having an intense battle with the enemy were rendered speechless. He looks up at the sky, the sun coming back again from the shadow, his disciple and that immortal didn't let him down, Eiji thinks with slight relief. The mortals all celebrate happily having hope of life in the intense situation.

While inside the palace, the scene was opposite. Pride was weakened considerably giving advantage to Merfost over him. Araqiel was outraged and seethes as he feels a burning in his body, the sins that flowed through him were taken away by the immortal, even in his weakest form Asil had an upper hand on him. In frustration and hunger to take down the angel, he decides to join in the battle directly and kill the wounded Prince who seemed to have lost his sense at the moment and was just digging on the ground calling the General's name.

He changes to his devil form and approaches Asil. Mais tries every method he can to bring back Asil out of the shock but fails. He was frustrated and angry but seeing the devil approaching them he feels a sudden fear. He calls for Asil again but gets no attention, the Prince was not in the mindset to hear anyone, he like a madman was just trying to find the remains of the General. He was sure that this is just an illusion and will break if he is determined enough.

Getting no response he tries to block the devil's path. Being no match to the Devil King he knew he can't out-beat him. The devil spares him no glance and pushes him away reaching out to grab Asil by the collar of his robe pulling him up from the ground, his eyes dark meeting the dull blue of Asil's. The Prince looked pitiful, robe stained in blood and mud, eyes downcast, lips pale, face still stained with blood, fingers, and nail wounded and bleeding, it was difficult to distinguish whether it was his or the General's blood on his body. His eyes were still staring at the place Raik was before, not blinking or moving until the Devil says to him-

"What is this act for? You killed my devil, you are responsible for everything" Hearing his words tears fall from Asil's eyes like a stream. "He was my devil, this King nourished him with power and now he became useless because of that insignificant human" Asil looked up and stares at the darkness in front of him. His eyes change color going from dull to deep blue.

The black mist pushes the Prince to the ground almost breaking his every bone, "The achievements he had was all because of me, he was just a mere mortal" Araqiel pulls the spear to kill the Prince but Mais pushes it away in time blocking the attack by his whip.

"Your Highness doesn't pay attention to his words. Raik did this to protect you and the promise he made." Mais shouts before the Devil attacks him. Merfost saves Mais in time taking the blow on himself. He hisses and then checks up on the little demon. Mais looks at him horrified and before a word could come out of his mouth he sees the demon vomiting blood, badly wounded. He cries seeing this but then their attention is taken over by Asil's laugh.

The Prince starts to laugh loudly even when being jolted and thrown at one side, his laughter doesn't die. He looks up at his sworn brother wiping the blood as he gets up, "You made him do this, how are you still alive?" He tilts his head, eyes turning a deeper shade of blue. The Devil King was about to get ready for his final attack when he feels the air changing around them and the Prince laughing hysterically.

"This could have been stopped only if this Prince was powerful enough" Asil laughs while his eyes cry, the words Mais said still ringing in his head "Who said this Prince needed your help?..." He looks around and shouts, "Come and answer me Raik." His forehead mark starts to brighten slowly. Merfost stares in alarm at the Prince, his face pales seeing what is about to happen.

His hand trembles as he quickly calls for the Prince to show mercy on them and not to be swayed by emotions but it was too late. The brightness of the sun and the warmth increases the humans who were alive and helping each other close their eyes not able to bear it, the sound of a bell ringing in the heavenly realm becomes wild, alarming the angels there. They all look towards the sky, as they hear the three rings loud and harsh to their ears. Barthason stands up in his place in apprehension while Omminor nods to him telling him it's time to leave. The angels all had fear in their eyes as they stop whatever they were doing and pray for their well being afraid something disastrous is about to happen.

Asil closes his eyes and chants something, while his finger moves on his chest in a pattern drawing a star. The bright light concentrates at a point falling on Asil like a lightning. It trembles violently as it engulfs him whole in it. Merfost pulls Mais into his embrace as the two watches and hears the cracking of bones and the slight hiss of the Prince. The trembles in the light become intense like waves causing tremors on the land and a loud gush of winds howls in the ears of everyone present.

"This is our end." Eiji hears someone say, he couldn't help but agree silently as he closes his eyes tired and wounded. The angels fall on their knees to show respect to the Prince who was not even able to see them. Merfost and Mais do the same, Araqiel wanted to kill the Prince but was unable to move, fear struck he watches as the bright light pierces out the big phoenix-like wings as if breaking a parched sheet, beautiful and majestic. Mais widens his eyes in fear and amazement. The wings keep spreading like a wine breaking the wall or anything in their way, he shivers seeing the wings surrounding all the people present there.

He turns to Merfost "Is this how it is going to be...our end?" Merfost kisses his forehead "This King will always love you no matter what"

"I don't want to die, I don't want him to feel guilty for it, can't we do something" He panics.

"This king has enough power to send you back before the situation worsens" Mais denies hearing it.

"If this is the end then I want to stay together with you" Merfost weakly smiles hearing it and kisses him closing his eyes with one hand, not wanting him to see all of this. He is wounded badly and knew he doesn't have much time left. In this situation, they can't open the portal for long or the wings will kill them and all in the realm if they felt a threat. "Only His Majesty can save us now"

The light finally dulls and arises the Prince of immortals, with a crown on his head, wings breaking the whole palace down to ruins, a sinister smile on his lips, and death in his eyes as his blazing dark blue eyes look ahead at the target of his hatred.

"It has been long" He moves his wings to feel them then his wrist and fingers, "Brother" he smiles as the expression of the Devil King changes to that of anxiousness. He moves his neck to free it from the stiffness "It feels good to be fed full, makes me feel powerful..."

Araqiel grits his teeth to fight back but Asil flies towards him the next moment pushing him down.

"This Prince put you to the throne and now bury you to grave, your sins are mine and your soul too." His wings flutter and his eyes shine as they stare at Araqiel.

Araqiel tries to free himself but couldn't move. The Devil of Pride gets up staggering but still ready to protect his King. He strikes Asil with a dark misty spear but it doesn't even reach Asil before the wings break it away turning it into dust. Asil narrows his eyes seeing the seemingly familiar devil and stares at him deeply, in the next second he grabs Hybreus by the neck, "You are not him." He says and crushes his neck, the bright light pulling out all the darkness away leaving nothing but a remnant of powerless dark mist falling on the ground. Araqiel looks at it in anger and roars angrily attacking Asil.

Asil smiles seeing the opponent being like him using the power of the cosmos and wings spread wide, his eyes shine more in excitement, he licks his lips and says, "You can't be killed, you rule the mortals but not anymore...it will be their choice to want your sins or suppress them, this is for all those who lost their lives, who did it for others and who fought against you till their last breath."

Araqiel sneers as his wings move and he faces the immortal king, he despises the angel to the extreme. "Your wings sensed me in the battle but you were always a fool just like today that mortal tricked you into it" he laughs and attacks Asil with his wings. The dark fierce wings were powerful but the flame-like wings of Asil were fearless constantly clashing and causing ripples in the air.

There was destruction wherever they moved, Mais was scared seeing this look on the Prince's face, he seemed different from the soft and smiling Prince they used to know, he now understands the fear the immortals hold for him is for a reason and why Asil himself doesn't talk about it much.

There were deafening sounds of the fight between the two immortals as they clash and fight for supremacy. Asil throws the devil and tears off his wing ruthlessly. The devil's shrill cries make the people cower in fear as they hear it.

Asil heaves and closes his eyes, his wings growing more and more aggressive and his mind going towards the want to end anything affecting him. "There is so much evil in you, let the cosmos clear it." He says and another lightning falls on the ground, it struck the devil, penetrating his chest he trembles and more cries fill the place. Their eyes meet at the last moment seeing the deep blue blazing eyes he starts to bleed black and then bright light pierces from it. Asil rips out the other wing of the devil and the body completely disintegrates, shouting angrily and wanting to claw Asil.

The bright light-like flames become out of control as Asil's emotions heighten seeing the one he brought up and took care of, cried for when lost him in battle and saved the memories, made a throne, and provided him a position next to him, to ultimately kill him with his own hands. Asil shouts in pain thinking of how unjust were the cosmos to him, taking away all that he likes or pours his feeling into, he looks at his hands that held Raik while his body was disintegrating and then killed Araqiel too.

Angry with himself he claws at his wings tearing the feathers away causing a pained wail to reach out and also, in turn, causing the flames to move out to every corner melting and turning everything to ruins, killing anything on its way. His wings flutter in pain and anger feeling hurt by everything that happened.

Mais shuts his eyes in fear as he sees the flames of death approaching him. Merfost holds him tightly saying goodbye and exchanging loving words, the two embracing death in each other's arms. It takes seconds when it touches them, completely wiping them away and the other mortals present there. The whole place turns to whiteness causing a tremor of destruction, leaving nothing behind, the two demons disintegrates as the light move towards them and then spreads around the whole of the Amarus, the mortals slowly accepting their deaths. Asil was still unable to locate the one he was searching for, his wings flutters wildly and madly and the destruction starts reaching all the Kingdoms.

The angels beg for mercy as the bell keeps on ringing. Barthason and Omminor hurry down to the mortal realm and seeing the chaos and destruction they could not help but shiver. Barthason tries to approach the angel but was blocked, unable to talk to him, the situation this time was worst than before, his emotions were heightened, his heart was broken, his soul wounded, and it was becoming impossible to control him and let him stop the destruction he is causing. Asil has lost his sense of being, he had become a fallen completely crushed and lost, and nothing was worthy to him now.

Seeing the apocalypse Barthason decides to do what is best for the moment he sighs and looks up at the Angel, silently apologizing to him. Asil unaware of all the things around him was still searching for something that could lead him to the General, his wings thirsty for souls and revenge, the power surging through them in abundance and inflicting destruction on mortals. Wherever Omminor looked he sees death. He could only pray for Asil to stop.

Suddenly a voice causes a pause in his chaotic mind, he hears the voice he was craving for calling for him and turns in the direction of it. The General smiles as he finally notices him.

"Asil" The General calls with such a soft and loving voice that Asil feels a sudden pain in his chest. His lips tremble as he sees the General in the same look as he was when they first met, sharp and striking features, dark blue robes, and no harm on his body, he dares to smile back happy tears but immediately looks down the next second.

"This...this is really you?" He asks breathlessly.

"Yes...but why are not you looking at me?" The General asks his tone a little hurt. Asil moves anxiously a step back, looking anywhere but him, he bites down on his lip to not cry.

"No one has ever done this for me..." He murmurs "This Prince never imagined that there might be a mortal who could give his life" his eyes water and a sob leaves his lips as he says "....for me"

There was a beautiful chuckle heard before Raik says "Then look at me and say your thanks properly."

Asil clenches his fist tight "This Prince can't....you will..." He wasn't able to say the word "if this Prince looks at you"

Raik walks towards him in slow steady steps "Is that so...then why don't you change back for me...it is over, you can rest now." He stretches his hand "Don't you want to hold me?" Asil cries hearing it and slowly the light falling from the sky starts to diminish and the wings settle down silently enclosing behind him obediently, the dazedness in his eyes clears up, and the tremors quiet down. His body loses its strength and is about to fall back but Raik reaches out and holds him up in the embrace whispering in his ears "Sleep now."

Omminor steps down as the angel loses consciousness, he was visibly shaken seeing the disaster caused by the Prince, all the kingdoms were affected, the kings dead and the throne turned to ashes, he sees Barthason holding Asil in his arms and asks,

"What happens when His Highness wakes up and gets the news of the two demons and does not find the General around?"

Barthason looks down at Asil "Then this Emperor will convey to him the message the mortal left for him, the rest is for His Highness to decide. For now, this Emperor will fulfill the wish of the General...let's take him home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 377 11
The book is no longer really enjoyable to write I'm sorry. So I'm not going to work on it anymore. I want to focus on my other ones I'm writing. Thi...
399K 22.9K 47
(SEVEN DEADLY SONS BOOK 1) Lust, Glutton, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. These are the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that humans have constantly been...
34.1K 512 31
Fics from my favorite ship! Master list was created by @ASingleRainDrop
131K 7K 41
High school is a jungle full of prey and predators. And Benjamin, unfortunately, is the lowest amongst prey. After being isolated in school to get pi...