BETROTHED TO THE BILLIONAIRE

De Eaglewoman20

When Valerie Adams gets to know that she is betrothed to the youngest billionaire in New York, just to save h... Mai multe

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101

CHAPTER 23

20.4K 637 10
De Eaglewoman20

Valerie's POV

Each time I see or think about him, I feel the urge to do something rash; to hurt him for betraying me.

As much as I don't want to take any revenge on him anymore, I am tempted to take back my words and do the needful, then maybe I will finally be happy.

I don't like how I feel at the moment. The sinking feeling is back, probably because I am disappointed to have seen him today again, this time not with Brenda but with a different girl.

That jolting is gone. All I feel for him now is pure hatred. I wish I could turn back the hands of the clock and make sure that our paths never crossed.

I wished I wasn't that curious to know more about him which made me fall deeply in love with him. I wish I hadn't said yes to him when he asked me to become his girlfriend.

Reluctantly, I drop my bag and take off my shoes before sitting quietly on the bed, ignoring my weak limbs.

I ordered the maids to bring my bed back to my room even though it is still cold but I will manage. I heard the weather forecast today and it might not rain in a few days.

Besides, I wanted a quiet moment. Staying with Ryan in the same room isn't the best solution. I am not talking about the silent treatment we have been giving each other. I just want to be left alone with my thoughts today.

Before I can get up from the bed to change into a towel so I can take a shower, a knock comes on the door and I need no soothsayer to tell me who it is.

Ryan.

Maybe he is here to ask me why I left his room. I thought he wasn't ok with the idea of having me sleep in his room, why does he bother now whether I am out of his room or not?

"Come in", I say lazily without getting up from the bed, my two hands holding onto the sheets of the bed.

The door is pushed open and he comes in with his briefcase. He hasn't changed yet which shows that he hasn't gone into his room yet.

"Hi", he greets, with a wave of the hand.

I take my eyes off him and reply. "Hi."

"Are you ok?"

His question makes me jerk my head back up in curiosity. Why is he asking me if I am fine? Does he even care? All he wants is to get the construction company he was promised if he married me. He is just a selfish jerk.

He has an anticipated look on his face, as though he is expecting a reply to his question.

I am really not in the mood for arguments.

"Why are you here?"

"I was wondering where you went…", he trails off and laughs nervously. This is when I see his left hand hiding behind him.

I furrow my brows in confusion. Why does he want to know where I went? We aren't real so why should I tell him where I went?

I guess he is tired of the silent treatment. I am good at it. I can go days without saying a word to my mom. She has been the one at the receiving end of my bad and worse moods.

Curiosity takes over my raw confusion. "What are you hiding?"

"Oh!" He murmurs and brings his left hand into view. He is holding a box. "I got you something."

A gift?

This is something I never got from Fred in the years of our relationship. At first, I didn't attach much importance to it until Brenda noticed and called my attention to it.

I couldn't tell him. 

He never bought me a gift. A single gift. He only takes me out for dinners but there was never a gift. That was what our relationship was mounted upon.

"It's fine if you don't want it, I will…"

"No", I cut him short with the wave of my hand. This is obviously his way of apologizing for what he did. "You can keep it", I say and tap on the space beside me on the bed so he can drop it.

This gesture is bringing back memories of my relationship with Fred. Everything was rosy except for two things; no gifts and his cheating nature.

Fred and I barely had any fights in the years we have been together. He either shuts me up with a kiss or ignores me till I am calm.

I hate him!

It still hurts and it makes me extremely sad.

I didn't mean to see him today. I would never have chosen to see him but I did anyway. It was too much of a coincidence because I saw his numerous missed calls this morning when I came out of the bathroom.

He didn't call back and I have no idea if I would have picked up if he had called back when I was so close to my phone. Instead, he sent me a message, accusing me of getting married to Ryan so I could make him jealous and also because Ryan is a billionaire.

I felt bad because he mentioned that he knew I cared less about wealth.

I didn't reply but I wish he was close by to hear my own reply.

"Valerie, are you sure you are ok?" Ryan's touch jerks me out of my reverie. I blink immediately and try to smile but it comes out faltered.

"Sure, I'm good. I thought you left."

He shrugs. "I didn't move an inch until now which shows that you were lost in thought."

"Not really. I'm just extremely tired."

I don't want him to think so low of me. If I tell him I am this way because of Fred, he might think that way of me or even taunt me about it when next we fight.

I decide to say something else. "I went for a job interview today, though."

"A job?" He seems surprised and I nod with an eager smile.

This is something I have always wanted. Mom kicked against it saying it wasn't a reputable job but now that I am married and I feel idle being home all day long while Ryan is also at work, I decided to try my luck one more time.

Like a brush of air, the news makes me feel lively again.

I smile at Ryan and he nods, not looking pleased. "You don't want me to work?"

"No, I just didn't expect…", he pauses. "What type of job is it?"

"I'm going to be handling the locations of archaeological projects as well as archaeological research in the college. So I am basically a writer."

He nods. "That's a good one. You studied archaeology?"

"Yep. I might be considered to go on a research trip too after a while."

He nods again and looks thoughtful. Suddenly, he rises and begins to walk to the door.

"Ryan?" I call him back. He stops by the door with his hand already on the doorknob.

He does not turn back and it dawns on me that something is bothering him. Maybe it is because of the job.

Or is it about the gift he brought? Is it because I didn't appreciate it?

The box is sitting beside me on the bed and I wonder what is inside.

"Thank you for the gift", I appreciate him and he nods too, making me wish he can twirl around so I can read his expression.

He is still standing by the door so I ask. "Do you have something to say to me?"

He remains silent.

This must be it. He must have something to say to me. Bringing a gift for me after what he did isn't enough. He is supposed to at least say something about our little fight. This way, I can easily forgive him and let it go.

I don't really mind being the only one helping in this marriage but I just really wish it can be reciprocated when needed. I ventured into this with my two eyes open despite knowing that I am going to be helping him to achieve his goal but I can't help how I feel.

Should I tell him I am sorry about what happened? Maybe I had gone a little overboard. 

I shouldn't expect too much from him. He has a lot on his desks already and adding mine to it will break him.

I still can't deny the fact that he is still arrogant but sometimes, his behavior amazes me. He acts calmly like a gentleman but I don't want him to be a gentleman.

Fred was a gentleman yet he betrayed me. We should probably keep arguing and fighting each other till everything comes to an end.

Before I can say a word, he twirls around to face me. He mutters firmly. "Let's start dating. I want us to go to parties and dates."

It comes as a shock and my mouth drops open for a second before I nod quietly in agreement.

Our marriage is just beginning.

****

The update on this book might no longer be daily. I have a lot on my desk but I will try to make it daily.

Air your views and don't forget to vote.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
152K 2.8K 32
Meet Tyler Williams~ A twenty nine year old billionaire who gets all he wants within a snap of his finger,Tyler is forced to get married in ten days...
69.4K 5.6K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
99.6K 3K 50
Elena kingsley - A simple, kind and bubbly girl working as a wedding planner comes to plan the wedding of The Hayden McCarthy of McCarthy industries...