Legacy | Genshin I. |

By Raiphoria

"I'm scared of what I can't control. Wondering if I'll be more than a memory. If I go down in flames and I fa... More

One Last Memory
Worry
The Winery and Grapes
Sneaking Out
A New Friend!
Promises
A Slimy Friend
Irritation and Patience
Learning How to Use a Weapon
Onto the Neighbouring Nation
Unforeseen Regret
Memories of the Dead
Wangshu Inn
Chapter I: Act III
Chapter I: Act IV
Chapter I: Act V
Chapter I: Act VI
Chapter I: Act VII
Chapter I: Act VIII
Chapter I: Act IX
Chapter II: Act I
Chapter II: Act II
Chapter II: Act III
Chapter II: Act IV
Chapter II: Act V
Chapter II: Act VI
Chapter II: Act VII
Chapter II: Act VIII
Chapter III: Act I
Chapter III: Act II
Chapter III: Act III
Chapter IV: Act IV
Chapter V: Act I
Chapter V: Act II
Chapter V: Act III
Chapter V: Act IV
Chapter V: Act V
Chapter V: Act VI
Chapter V: Act VII
Chapter V: Act VIII
Chapter V: Act IX
Chapter V: Act X
Chapter V: Act XI
Chapter VI: Act I
Chapter VI: Act II
Chapter VI: Act III
Chapter VI: Act IV
Chapter VI: Act V
Chapter VI: Act VI
Chapter VI: Act VII
Chapter VI: Act VIII
Chapter VI: Act IX
Chapter VI: Act X
Chapter VI: Act XI
Chapter VI: XIII
Chapter VI: Act XIV
Chapter VI: Act XV
Chapter VI: Act XVI
Chapter VI: XVII
Chapter VI: Act XVIII
Chapter VI: Act XIX
Chapter VI: Act XX
Chapter VI: Act XXI
Chapter VI: Act XXII
Chapter VI: Act XXIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIV
Chapter VI: Act XXV
Chapter VI: Act XXVI
Chapter VI: Act XXVII
Chapter VI: Act XXVIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIX
Chapter VII: Act I
Chapter VII: Act II
Chapter VII: Act III
Chapter VII: Act IV
Chapter VII: Act V
Chapter VII: Act VI
Chapter VII: Act VII
Chapter VII: Act VIII
Chapter VII: Act IX
Chapter VII: Act X
Chapter VII: Act XI
Chapter VII: Act XII
Chapter VII: Act XIII
Chapter VII: Act XIV
Chapter VII: XV
Chapter VII: Act XVI
Chapter VII: Act XVII
Chapter VII: Act XVIII
Chapter VII: Act XIX
Chapter VII: Act XX
Chapter VII: Act XXI
Chapter VII: Act XXII
Chapter VII: Act XXIII
Chapter VII: Act XXIV
Chapter VII: Act XXV
Chapter VII: Act XXVI
Chapter VII: Act XXVII
Chapter VII: Act XXVIII
Chapter VIII: Act I
Chapter VIII: Act II
Chapter VIII: Act III
Chapter VIII: Act IV
Chapter VIII: Act V
Chapter VIII: Act VI
Chapter VIII: Act VII
Chapter VIII: Act VIII
Chapter VIII: Act IX
Chapter VIII: Act X
Chapter VIII: Act XI
Chapter VIII: Act XII
Chapter VIII: Act XIII
Chapter VIII: Act XIV
Chapter VIII: Act XV
Chapter VIII: Act XVI
Chapter VIII: Act XVII
Chapter VIII: Act XVIII
Retrieval of the Divine Knowledge Capsule
Author's Note
Chapter III: Act IV
Chapter III: Act V
Chapter III: Act VI
Chapter IV: Act I
Chapter IV: Act II
Chapter IV: Act III

Chapter VI: Act XII

5K 313 108
By Raiphoria

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Jade of Quality
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Paimon beamed as she took notice of a giant pot that was surrounded by hilichurls and a single mitachurl.

"That's the pot! It looks like the hilichurls are still using it. It's a bit impolite, but we gotta cut the line." Paimon states.

Aether ran forward, allowing his blade to manifest in his hand, watching as the mitachurl reeled its axe upward.

(Y/n) sighed heavily and manifested his polearm, twirling it for a quick second before slamming it straight to the ground.

"Unbelievable," he grumbled under his breath while walking forward.

Aether grunted and huffed lowly as he took on the hilichurls that decided to go after him first.

Paimon was seen off to the side, watching the duo fight their way to the giant pot that they needed.

(Y/n) held his polearm out to the mitachurl that started to swing its giant axe in a circular motion.

"Let the poison consume you," (Y/n) murmured before slamming the polearm right in front of him.

The ground rumbled harshly underneath the mitachurl's feet, causing it to stumble a bit.

Vines slammed themselves straight out of the ground and coiled around the mitachurl, forcing it to fall.

Paimon clapped her hands with excitement as her eyes sparkled in pure enjoyment.

The vines continued to strengthen their hold on the mitachurl before it suffocated due to not being able to escape.

The (H/c)ette swiped the polearm off to the side. "Are you finished over there, Aether?"

Aether nodded his head as he finished off the last hilichurl. "Yep!"

Aether, Paimon, and (Y/n) then surrounded a giant pot.

"There's still soup in here. These hilichurls sure have big appetites!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Well, it's our lab now." Aether retorted.

"The soup looks like it could be used as our hydro elemental protection. Let's fire it up and begin our experiment!" Paimon declared.

Aether grinned lightly as he nodded his head in agreement before setting the remaining usable logs in flames.

Paimon smiled brightly. "We're ready to go! Paimon will help remember which one of the three is which! Use pyro to keep making the pot hotter, until we get the results we need. Mr. Zhongli said that the shinier and bluer the ore gets, the better it is, so pay close attention!"

Squishing sounds were heard which captured the group's attention and caused them to look over.

A medium-sized dendro slime could be seen peeking out of the ground before hopping out and appearing before the group.

"Wah!" Paimon cried out.

Aether quickly brought his sword back out.

(Y/n) took a step forward to the dendro slime, surprising Paimon and Aether.

"Wah! What are you doing, (N/n)?!" Paimon cried out in pure horror, wanting the other to move away from the slime.

(E/c) eyes sparkled with recognition as their owner also took notice of a small pyro slime.

"It's nice to see you again, Slimy. Is this a new friend of yours?" (Y/n) asked, raising a brow.

"Huh?!" Paimon shrieked.

Aether gave a look of awe as he allowed his blade to dematerialize.

(Y/n) turned towards the other three. "This here is Slimy. It's a friend I made when I was younger," he explained before looking down at the two slimes, "Looks like Slimy brought a friend to help us."

The pyro squirmed for a second before hopping up the wooden stairs and sitting by the pot, gazing up at it with an awaited stare.

Slimy made a motion as if it was nodding its head before heading off.

"Bye, Slimy!" Paimon waved off, even though she ignored the fact that slimes couldn't wave back.

Aether looked down at the pyro slime that came to help.

The pyro slime then tilted its small body upward.

(Y/n) came walking over to the slime and smiled a bit. "Is it possible for you to help us keep this flame going?" He asked, pointing at the giant pot.

The slime hopped for a few seconds before turning and spewing small balls of fire onto the wood.

Aether stared at the (H/c)ette in awe. He was glad at the fact he was able to trust such a person with little to no information about them.

But right now, he couldn't drift his mind somewhere else. He needed to keep on task.

And that task is figuring out which thin piece of jade has the highest quality that they'll be able to use.

✧˖*°࿐

Finally, the group was able to make it back to Liyue even after fighting with hoards of hilichurls that appeared every single time they tried to keep the fire going at a steady pace.

Groaning lowly, (Y/n) threw his arms over his head and stretched.

Zhongli followed behind after making a reacquaintance with the group.

Aether walked behind the taller figure, a small chuckle escaping his lips while gazing up at the (H/c)ette with an amused look on his face.

Shitou seemed to take notice of the group of four walking up to him and waved them over.

"You're back, my friends! I've kept the goods for you. Which of them would you like?" Shitou asked, looking between Aether, (Y/n), and Zhongli.

"I would like the third Noctilucous Jade," Aether answered with a nod of his head.

"No problem. If you have your eye on this one, you can have it." Shitou states.

"Then we'll take a box of the third type of jade," Zhongli piped up.

"Done! All the same... Pardon me for asking, but I'm curious. Whatever do you need this much top-quality Noctilucous Jade for?" Shitou asked in curiosity.

Zhongli hummed. "Hmm. I suppose it would not hurt to tell you. We need them to make implements for the Rite of Parting," he answered.

Shitou stared in surprise. "Parting...!? Oh, dear... I'd heard the rumors but hadn't given much thought to them. This... this means that Rex Lapis really is... It's hard to believe. Even though the Jade Mystery has been in decline, we have always been under his protection. It is said that when our Lord lost his way while going incognito in the city two hundred years ago, it was a spoon from The Jade Mystery that he used to sample the local delights. Alas, alas, all things must pass... Well, if this is to be used to say farewell to Rex Lapis, then I shall sell this to you at half the price."

"Are you sure? You didn't wanna even give us an inch before..." Paimon asked.

Shitou shook his head while placing a hand on his chest. "If not for our Lord's protection, this city wouldn't exist as it does now. No proprietor could earn money off such a thing," he answered.

"Aww... I'm sure Rex Lapis will feel your sentiment, boss." Paimon awed.

(Y/n) glanced in the corner of his eyes at Zhongli, taking notice of how the older man didn't make a single flinch at being mentioned.

"In the safe hands of the Liyue Qixing and good, honest merchants such as yourself, I, for one, believe that Liyue will continue to prosper as it always has done," Zhongli states.

"So let's not get ourselves down just yet," Aether quickly added.

Shitou smiled a bit. "Alright... thank you, my friends. Hah, what's with me, getting all sentimental like this? I'll practically be giving away all my fortune at this rate."

Paimon, (Y/n), and Aether then turned their attention to Zhongli.

"Now that we've made our choice, let's take this Noctilucous Jade back." Zhongli states.

"Hey, wait a minute! He said it was half price, not that we could leave without paying!" Paimon scolded loudly.

Zhongli seemed to realize what he did wrong. "Oh, right. I'm sorry. I must have forgotten to do that too. Let me see..." He trailed off.

(Y/n) deadpanned as he watched Zhongli look through his pockets and didn't find anything.

"...As I thought, I didn't bring any." Zhongli sighed.

"Any what?" Paimon asked.

"Mora. My apologies, another oversight on my part," Zhongli apologized.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes and turned to look at Shitou. "I'm sorry for these idiots," he apologized before holding out enough mora.

Shitou smiled in amusement as he took the mora from the other's hand. "Thank you for doing business with the Jade Mystery," he thanked.

(Y/n) hummed before turning around, and dragging both Zhongli and Aether by the forearms.

Aether's face burst into a deep dark shade of red.

Zhongli just hummed lowly while keeping a straight face, despite his amber eyes shining with amusement.

"Wait, we still have to pay!" Paimon exclaimed in horror as she followed after the trio.

"Don't worry!" (Y/n) replied.

"Don't worry"? What do you mean by that!? You technically just stole from him! We're criminals!" Paimon cried.

(Y/n) cackled lowly, deciding not to tell Paimon that he had already paid for the jade that they needed.

✧˖*°࿐

"We can leave the jade here. I have already called for a jewelsmith to shape them into the implements that we will need. Ah, yes. I have yet to go and see Childe. So as for the jewelsmith's remuneration..." Zhongli trailed off.

"We'll pay the jewelsmith when he arrives," Aether reassured.

"Guess we can't do anything else. Also, is this where we're doing the Rite of Parting?" Paimon asked.

Zhongli nodded his head. "Yes. I have already rented this location, and have begun making preparations for the rite," he answered.

"The Rite of Descension took place here, too." Aether points out.

"That's right. The Liyue Qixing have acquiesced to using the same location," Zhongli agreed.

"But when something this big happened here... should suspects like us really be at the crime scene? We might get caught by the Millelith," Paimon points out as she floated over to (Y/n) and plopped herself into his waiting arms.

(Y/n) positioned his arms as if he was going to be holding a child, which he is currently doing.

"Although with that said, since we got back from Jueyun Karst, none of those pesky Millelith soldiers have come chasing after us. Wonder what that's about..." Paimon trailed off while snuggling into (Y/n)'s chest, lightly pawing at strands of (H/c).

Paimon then blinked when she realized something. "Also, the, uh, Rex Lapis' vessel..." She trailed off.

"Traditionally, we call it the Exuvia," Zhongli retorted.

"Ah, right. That's what it was called! You seem to know everything, Mr. Zhongli. Um, so, was this Exuvia hidden away by the Qixing? I mean, we haven't even figured out who the murderer is..." Paimon asked.

"One must think that they already have someone in mind. Or perhaps they already know. Surely they must have found all the evidence that there is to find here," Zhongli replied.

'Strange... Now that I think of it, Rex Lapis didn't have any noticeable injuries on him. I wonder... was it just a coincidence we saw his death? Or was it on purpose? Or maybe. Just maybe, it was both.' (Y/n) wondered with furrowed brows.

"Seems a bit too easy-going..." Aether trailed off.

"These things are for the authorities in Yujing Terrace to consider. Trying to help would probably only add to their troubles. Before the Rite is conducted, the Exuvia will be kept temporarily in the Golden House," Zhongli explained.

"Golden House?" Paimon asked out of curiosity.

"The only mint in Liyue... which is to say the only mint in Teyvat. All the Mora that flows throughout the world is minted there," Zhongli answered.

Paimon stared in awe. "Wow– But why do you know this, Zhongli?" She questioned.

"Since the Rite of Parting has the approval of the Qixing, it is a semi-official event. As such, there is already some limited information available," Zhongli replied.

"They must have some ulterior motive..." Aether wondered out loud.

"Perhaps each has their motives... but this is the capital of commerce. A little exploitation once in a while is not acceptable. In Liyue, where the God of Contracts reigns, only contracts may not be betrayed. I for one have no issue with little maneuvers outside their remit. Well then, we should go and prepare the perfumes used in the Rite," Zhongli retorted.

"Perfumes? Where'll we get those? Do we buy them?" Paimon asked.

Zhongli shook his head. "No, perfumes used to honor the gods must be freshly decocted. The quality of the silk flowers we require is also special. Silk flower petals contain a fibrous material of good quality, often used in brocade-making. Its scent, however, is most elegant, and is especially suited for solemn events like giving offerings to gods and adepti."

"It's time for Zhongli's lectures on high society again..." Paimon sighed in disappointment.

"We shall not speak of the details right now. Follow me, we shall go to the merchants to purchase our ingredients."

✧˖*°࿐

"Oh? You're back already? Look, it's our favorite little feline," a female voice said, teasing the short figure that was walking up to her and her crew.

Dark blue eyes glimmered in amusement as their owner glanced between the two figures before them.

"Eh? Are you about to head out?" (F/n) asked, tilting their head a bit.

A male with platinum blonde hair and a single red streak nodded his head. "The winds call us to take the lead against the storms that will brew mystery and destruction," he answered.

(F/n) deadpanned before holding out a slip of paper.

Beidou took a hold of the slip and stared at it. "A slip of permission?" She asked with a raised brow.

(F/n) nodded their head. "I would love to escape this place for a bit, but as you can see..." They nudged their head towards multiple wooden boxes filled with artifacts and weapons, "I can't."

Beidou hummed lightly. "Who is this for anyway? Your boyfriend?" She teased.

(F/n) shook their head. "Just a childhood friend of mine. I wanna give him a permission slip early so that he's able to travel to the Kamisato compound," they answered.

Beidou gave a look of understanding when she saw the longing in those familiar dark blue eyes.

"(Y/n), right? I'll promise I'll try my best to give it to him," she reassured.

(F/n) grinned. "Thanks so much!"

The ombre bluenette turned their attention to the other figure. "Also, Kazuha... Your boyfriend is a bitch."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.1K 23
❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍.❞ Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
294K 7.8K 48
.•° ✿ °•. -ᴅᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ɪ'ʟʟ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ- .•° ✿ °•. Scaramouche x F! reader (Modern universe) ••• After admitting that Scaramouch...
1.5K 55 21
PSEUDOLOGIA FANTÁSTICA A slow burn love story, "This girl...she's straight out of my fantasies..." Scaramouche has obliged to work with Y/n but he d...
333K 9.8K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...