The Meeting

Por storiesbym3223

A story of when an aspiring music artist meets the England captain. But is everything as written in the stars... Mais

The Journey
The Reunion
The Instagram
A date?
Friends...
Manchester
Night Cap?
The Morning After
Liverpool
Going smoothly
Gemma
The Power of Social Media
Those three words
The Fireworks
Anniversary or Ending?
The Text
The Awards
The After Party
Spare Time
Ellie
Blossoming
Gavin
Leah
Closure
The Visitor
The Letter
The Aftermath
I Choose You
End of an Era
Lydia
Selflessness
Love you from afar.
Last Stop - London
Home Bird
The Surprise
Let the Games Begin
1-0 down
Not Again, Surely?
Change the Ending
The Reactions
Without My Mum
The Walk
The Vows.
Who Would've Thought It?
The Dads.
Jacob (Best Man)
Ellie and Lydia
The Bride
The First Dance
Alex and Peter Dance
Finish Your Sentence
Bad Press
The Buckets
An Inspiration
Giving Up
It's My Turn
Family First
For Leah
The Beginning
For Better or Worse. Right?
Too Little, Too Late?
The Brits
The World, My World
She's Still Here
The Announcement
Come Back
A Different Ending
11 months later
Unconditional Support
New Girl
Loved?
The Past
Escapism
Give It Up For You
Looking Through The Years
Two Worlds
The Academy
First Time
Confidence
Apart
Grief
The Aftermath
Twitter Spat
Aoife
Twice
New Addition
The Meeting, Again
Theo
Using the Platform
Emptiness
Unfair
The Shock
Festive Season
Teacher
I'm Done
Small vs Big
Mamma Said
To Be Expected
Coming Home
Different Kind of Closeness
Lack of Understanding
Life Stories: Part 1
Life Stories: Part 2
Mood Swings
Two Decades Later
I Won't Be Long
The Media
The Departure

Growth

4.6K 80 14
Por storiesbym3223

"So the rules are you have to try find something with beginning with the letter, okay?"
"Okay Aoifs, I get it now." Leah chuckled.
"Aoife you first, your letter is... B." Theo shouted.
"Boots!! My football boots!" Aoife said.

Aoife ran off to find her football boots, returning just before the timer ran out. We all cheered and clapped for her, Finn jumping up and down excitedly with no real idea how the game worked.

"Theo it's you now. Your letter is... P!" Aoife shouted.

Theo ran off to find something beginning with the letter P as we all sat awaiting his return, Aoife and I secretly knowing what he would return with but Leah none the wiser.

"Planets! From the day we went to the planetarium." Theo grinned.

Again, we cheered and clapped for him. Leah's laugh was echoing around the living room as she wrapped her arm around me lovingly.

"You pick one, Finn." I said, he picked up a card and waddled over to me.
"Mummy." He said as he waved the card in my face.
"Your letter is... T!"

We all knew that Finn wouldn't know what to do, but he had two very proud and protective siblings that were happy to help him. They grabbed a hand each before disappearing to the playroom and returning with the teddy that Leah had bought for his first day at physio.

"Teddy." Aoife said slowly to him as they returned.
"Teddy." He said, holding it up for Leah and I to see.
"Good man!" I smiled.
"You are so clever!" Leah beamed at him.
"Your turn, Mummy." Theo smiled at Leah as she picked up a card.
"Your letter is... L!" Aoife said before whispering in Leah's ear.

Leah ran off, the kids following her eagerly, returning with the third letter I had written to Leah, one that she still kept proudly in her bedside drawer.

"Letter." Leah smiled at me, blushing slightly.
"Letter." I smiled back.
"Your turn!" Leah chuckled.
"Your letter is... R!" The kids said in unison.

I ran off, followed by the kids as we rushed into the room that Leah had no idea had been transformed into a memory. We had spent the entire day putting up our favourite pictures, the kids drawings, and plane tickets from mine and Leah's journeys to see one another in the earliest days. The guitar I used to sing the song I wrote about Leah was proudly sitting in the corner with the handwritten lyrics of her song beside it, Aoife's first Arsenal shirt, Finn's footprints from just after his birth, and Theo's first ever Space Camp hoodie hanging on the door. Of course, none of this would've been possible if Amanda hadn't managed to distract Leah with a shopping trip in the afternoon.

"Quick! Times nearly up!" We heard Leah shout from downstairs.
"Okay, now." I whispered, placing myself onto one knee in preparation for Leah's arrival.
"Mummy, she's found something but you'll have to come up here to see." Theo shouted across the banister.

I listened as Leah shuffled along the floor, then up each step, her footsteps getting closer and making my heartbeat out of my chest. The kids stood in the hallway outside the door, pointing Leah towards the room I was in, their little chuckles throwing her off any scent she may have had. As Leah turned to walk into the room, her face changed from confused to biggest smile I have witnessed. Her eyes began to fill with tears as she glanced around the memory filled room and then found my eyes.

"Ring." I smiled.
"Ring." Was all she could say.
"Le, of all the things I've done in life, building all of this with you is the one I wish I could do over and over again. You asked if it was a silly idea, but I don't think it is. I think the most perfect way to remember that day is to do it all over again, with our babies there this time. Marry me, again?"
"Alex." Leah whispered through her tears.
"I think you're meant to say yes, not her name." Aoife chirped in the background, making us laugh.
"Yes. Yes. Yes. A million, billion -"
"Trillion!" Theo shouted.
"Trillion. Times, yes."

Leah took a few final steps towards me, holding out her hand to let me slip off her old engagement ring and replace it with the new one. Both our hands were shaking lightly with adrenaline as she pulled me to my feet and kissed me, her hands finding each side of my face.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Alex Ryan-Williamson." She smiled, lips barely breaking apart from mine.
"And you for me, Le."

— — — —

1 year later

1am

Leah
Kids asleep okay?

Alex
Of course, feels weird you not being here :(

Leah
Worth it though. I do not remember being this nervous last time.

Alex
I can't wait to see you, Le.

Leah
Me neither, I can't believe we're doing this all over again.

Alex
I can, we always did recreate our favourite moments.

Leah
Yeah. We did. Night Al, I love you.

Alex
Night Le, I love you.

— — — —

8am

"Mummy! Mummy! It's today!"

I was woken up to all three kids bouncing on the bed, still in their pyjamas and little tired eyes sparkling down at me.

"It's today!" I shouted, pulling the three into a hug.

Ellie and Lydia arrived just after we had made it downstairs, the kids rushing over to them both excitedly as they talked about the day ahead. Ellie was now a proud mother of two, her little girls Annabelle and Regan both flower girls for todays ceremony. Despite us rarely seeing each other due to the distance, Ellie and I had ensured that our kids were close, FaceTiming regularly and both of us holidaying to each other's hometowns during the summer holidays. The kids ran off to show off their outfits for the day, leaving us three to catch up.

"We go again." I chuckled.
"I'm not surprised, Alex. I mean, my relationship is perfect, but if I had a relationship as perfect as the one you and Leah have, I think I'd be getting married again every single day." Ellie laughed.
"We really wanted the kids to experience it too." I smiled.
"Liar." Lydia scoffed, stunning us both.
"Huh?" We said together.
"We all know you just want to recreate your wedding night again." She burst into laughter.
"Well, that too." I grinned, jokingly winking at them.

— — — —

11:30am

Getting ready with so many children in the house wasn't the easiest experience, but it was one that I wouldn't have changed for the world. Leah had been adamant that the kids would be with me, selflessly wanting me to have members of my family here knowing she had her parents and I didn't. Watching Aoife sit proudly to get her make up done, and Theo fixing Finn's tie was something that made me prouder than I had ever been before. Ellie and Lydia took them downstairs to occupy them as I waited to get my make up done, opting for minimalistic as I always did.

I don't know if it was because they meant so much to me, or if was simply because I was older now, but I was much more nervous walking downstairs to unveil my wedding look to the three than I had remembered being last time. As I turned the corner of the stairs I could see the three stood waiting for me. Aoife's lightly curled hair flowing over her shoulders onto her dress, Theo's little hands tucked into the pockets of his suit, his little handkerchief sticking out from his top pocket, and Finn's tiny little tie that hung proudly over his shirt; it truly was a sight that could very easily have ruined my make up.

"Wow!" Aoife shouted as I began to make my way towards them.
"Wow Mummy!" Finn shouted, mimicking his sister.
"You look really beautiful, Mum." Theo said softly.
"You all look really perfect." I said, trying to hold back my tears.

— — — —

2pm

Once again stood either side of a partition, I could hear Leah taking deep breaths. My mind couldn't help but travel back to the time we had stood like this, with my Dad proudly holding onto my arm and reminding me that Mum was here with me too; I smiled at the idea that today they would both watch together.

Generic music played for the walks of Ellie, Lydia, and the rest of the bridal party, but Leah and I had chosen a song for our three children to walk down the aisle to.

"Ready?" Aoife said to her two brothers that stood either side of her.
"Ready!" They said, gripping onto her hands.

As they began their walk, You've Got a Friend In Me began to play; this was another one of those I've made it moments. In the distance I could watch their backs travel down the aisle, hearing Leah gently chuckle at the other side of the partition. As they reached the top, Holly motioned for them to stand beside her.

Now for her, now for My Leah.

I knew that Leah would have put a lot of thought into her song, knowing that I would listen to every lyric to decipher the message she was trying to portray to me. I listened as she exhaled deeply in time with the start of the music; Remedy - Adele began to play as I watched her still perfect figure begin to walk down the aisle, still unable to see her face. I watched as Aoife and Finn couldn't contain their excitement and turned to watch their Mummy walk the aisle, whilst Theo stood with his face forward almost like a statue, making me chuckle to myself at his complete devotion to sticking to any rule, in any circumstance.

This ain't easy, it's not meant to be. Every story has its scars.

I watched as Leah bent down to kiss all three of them on the forehead, getting my first glimpse of the side of her face and driving my stomach crazy with butterflies.

"You ready, Alex?" Gavin smiled at me.
"Ready, Gav." I exhaled, linking his arm in mine.

As the song began to play, I could see the kids singing along as they remembered the times I would sing it to Leah in the kitchen to stop her from having a go at me for forgetting to put the bins out, or for letting them have sweets after 7pm. You Make It Real - James Morrison. I caught eyes with Janice as I walked down the aisle, smiling at her as she stood with a picture of my Mum and Dad held proudly in front of her, one of the most selfless women I had ever met. Leah was desperately trying to prevent her head from turning to look at me as she could sense my closeness to her. Wait until you see her, mummy Aoife mouthed at Leah, almost like she had noticed her nervousness and was trying to reassure her. I closed my eyes as I took my final step towards Leah, bringing myself level with her.

"Le, you are so perfect." I smiled as I opened my eyes to take her in.
"I can't stop crying. You are beautiful." Leah said, trying with everything she had to not ruin her make up.
"You ready to do this all over again?"
"I was ready from the first time I met you." Leah said, repeating what she had said the last time we stood here.

— — — —

3pm - The Vows

Alex, from the first moment I met you I knew you were the person I was meant to be with. I know that sounds really unrealistic, like something from a movie, but it's true. It was like my heart already knew yours before my body did.
We stood here the first time and made each other promises, and normally people renew their vows because they have been broken, so to renew them because we are just so in love is an achievement in itself.
From lifting trophies, to touring the world, to getting married, and having our own family; you and I have been the constant. Bringing each other back up when life attempted to tear us down.
I told you back then that I couldn't imagine my life without you, and all these years on I still can't.
My promise to you today is that I will continue to devote my life to you, to our family, and our children. I promise to continue to work for your love and not just take it as something that I no longer need to put effort into. I promise to continue to hold your hand through anything you find difficult.
Mostly though, Al, I just promise to love you for the rest of my life.

Leah, back then I told you that I couldn't promise that we would never argue or irritate each other, and I can now confirm that was an accurate statement. Maybe back then I didn't know just how hard those times would be, how much they would test our strength and resilience, but being able to stand here today and know we made has been worth all of the tears.
I feel incredibly lucky to be stood here today, doing this with you not because we broke our vows, but simply because we are still in such deep love to be able to recreate this day with our children present.
So thank you; for the times you pulled me out of darkness, the nights you let me cry onto your shoulder, the days you tell me I'm beautiful when I haven't even turned around to face you yet, and for being the best Mum to our babies.
I promise to continue to be the person I have always been with you, to love you in any circumstance. I promise to carry on being open and honest with you about what's on my mind, and I promise to be the example that our children deserve.
Mostly, I promise that my love for you will never minimise, only grow.

— — — —

4pm -  The Entrance

Leah and I made our way back down the aisle, but this time with little feet walking beside us. Confetti surrounding us as we stopped on the steps outside to give the photographer a chance to snap some pictures.

Amanda threw her arms around Leah, a few more happy tears being shed before she turned her attention to me.

"I told you this last time but now you have your own little ones you'll know the true meaning behind it, thank you Alex. Every time I think you can't show her anymore love, you always find a way to do that."
"And I always will." I smiled.
"I know, I know that." She spoke through her emotions.

We told the kids we would see them at the reception, wanting to steal the time of the short journey to spend some time on our own before the reception. Waving them off as we were driven off by the wedding car, I don't think either of us could believe just how far we had come since the last time we had done this; the first time.

We didn't exchange any words for the first few seconds, just rested our foreheads against one another and allowed our lips to connect before Leah broke the kiss to speak.

"I love you, more than I can even put into words."
"I was just trying to think of words to tell you the same thing." I chuckled.
"Are you okay?" Leah asked, slightly more serious.
"Of course I am, why?"
"I know today will have been hard for you, Al. I don't want you to think that I didn't think about that every second." Leah referenced the memory of my Dad being here last time.
"Both of them only ever wished to see me at my happiest, Le. And they did. Except this time Mum didn't have to watch up there alone, she had her soulmate with her, just like I did."
"And there I go again." Leah chuckled.
"There you go, what?" I giggled back.
"Falling even more in love."

Before we knew it, we had arrived at the reception, the cars driving out as we drove in letting us know that the guests were waiting inside for our arrival. As we had requested Aoife, Theo and Finn were waiting for us so we could walk in with them.

"They're here!" They shouted together as we walked towards them.
"Just when I thought I couldn't get any more proud of you three!" Leah told them.
"That was the best day, ever." Aoife beamed.
"And it's only just getting started!" I chuckled.

The music began, letting us know that our little moment was over. Leah and I stood either side of them, the five of us linking hands to make the entrance we could only have dreamt of the first time around.

This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) - Natalie Cole.

— — — —

5:30pm - Speeches

Gavin's announcement that the speeches were due to begin halted the conversation in the room, the attention turning to the top table. With the presence of so many children, Leah and I had decided to significantly cut the number of speeches, leaving it to Amanda, Gavin, and I to make the only speeches of the night.

Gavin
I've been told that these two divas don't want speeches to drag on for too long tonight so I'll keep this short and sweet.
In 2022 Alex, Lydia, Ellie and I were staying in Manchester after one of Alex's gigs. We had a few drinks in a local cocktail bar and headed to bed relatively early, saying Goodnight to each other from our hotel room doors. You can imagine my confusion when Ellie burst into mine and Lydia's room the following day to inform us that the England captain was in Alex's bed.
What we didn't know then was that it wasn't the England captain to Alex, it was just Leah. Through time, we got to know 'just Leah' and without Alex's knowledge we had discussed the fact that we may have been witnessing Alex forming her forever right in front of our eyes, and that's exactly what happened.
At a time when every single person in the world thought that the love story was over, Lydia and I spoke of our belief that the two would find each other again.
Sure enough, we watched on that day as Leah walked into an arcade, having travelled to Ireland with nothing but hope that Alex wanted the same thing she did.
Travelling the world you meet a lot of people, you hear about other love stories, other stories of fate, other stories of soulmates; but I truly believe that known will quite match the love story that Alex and Leah have had, and I hope Lydia doesn't divorce me for saying that.
So tonight, we aren't just raising a glass to Alex and Leah as we did last time, tonight we're raising a glass to Alex, Leah, Aoife, Theo and Finn.

Amanda
I would just like to start by thanking the girls for letting me make a speech today.
When I was asked to make this speech, I protested that they didn't have to let me do that, that I knew how much they appreciated the things I had done, but Alex said something that will always stick in my memory; you've never let me feel like I haven't had a Mum.
Leah and Alex have been a match that I, like Gavin, have always known would be indestructible, and whilst at times they have almost let the struggles they have faced overcome them, their love for one another always brings them back together.
As a mother, all you want for your children is to know they are happy, safe, and valued. With Alex by her side, I never have to worry about that with Leah. I don't worry that she isn't safe because I know that Alex would sacrifice anything to ensure that she is, I don't have to worry if Leah is happy because I know that nothing makes Leah happier than being around Alex and their children. I don't have to worry that she isn't valued because - well - if you've ever witnessed a single surprise that Alex has pulled off for Leah then you will know just how valued she is.
I know that a massive part of days like today is having those closest to you see how far you have come, a way of letting them know that you are safe, happy and valued. That's why I couldn't possibly allow myself to make a speech that didn't acknowledge that Alex is today missing the two people in her life that she would love to show that to; her Mum and Dad. Alex took comfort in knowing that her Dad had seen her achieve so much, but often speaks of her pain that her Mum was gone before she was able to witness any of this. Nothing that I, or anyone else, could say would take away that pain, Alex, but I hope that by telling you from a mother's point of view I am so proud of you, of the person you are, and the good that you have done for so many people around the world, I can help you to see that she would be exactly that too. Somewhere in that sky tonight, they are dancing along with you to every song that plays, smiling to each other about the incredible daughter they raised.
So, please tonight, raise your glasses to Leah, Alex, my three beautiful grandchildren, and Alex's Mum and Dad.

Alex
Put me on a stage in front of 80,000 people and I'll sing my heart out, but a room with 150 guests and I apparently find it difficult to remember my lines.
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for coming today. Each and every one of you have helped with some part of our journey.
When Leah and I first met, I often allowed my mind to wonder if any of this could ever happen for me, if I could be that person in the fairytale that gets their happily ever after; and standing here today knowing that the answer to those thoughts was yes is the best feeling in the world.
It would be dishonest for either of us to stand here today and say we have always sailed plainly through this life together, of course we haven't. We have argued, broken up, spent nights in separate beds, and raised our voices at one another. That's the part they don't tell you in fairytales, that it isn't always perfect, and that's what makes it perfect. To anyone sitting here tonight wondering how we made it to this point, I can tell you that for me, I believe it was our promise to never leave the house without an I love you, never go to sleep without an I love you, even at our lowest points, we felt it, we felt love for one another, so we said it. And by doing that, we found the strength to find our way through the darkest of times.
There have been few times in my life when I have thought 'I don't know if I can make it through this', but two years ago I found myself wondering that. My Dad, as you all know, was a man that devoted his life entirely to me, nothing was too much to ask. When I lost him, I am not ashamed to say that I had days when I didn't know how to go on, but every time I felt that way I would look to Leah, and my children, and find the strength to do so. As I wrote this speech, I realised that in the days, weeks, and months following the passing of my Dad, every 'how are you feeling' or 'I'm so sorry to hear' was directed at me, as his daughter. What people didn't know was that Leah was just as close to my Dad as I was, and just as devastated. Did I know that she was suffering? Of course not, because Leah's main focus was looking after me. That's what love is, it's finding strength in holding each other up.
There is one person in this room tonight that may not expect a mention, but deserves one. As I walked down the aisle today, I was greeted with a picture of my Mum and Dad, held proudly by my Dad's wife. Janice, I often wondered how I would feel if my Dad were ever to move on, I often felt sorry for the person that he moved on with as I was so sure that I would never be able to like them, let alone love them. Your ability to love both myself and my Dad without trying to erase the love that we held for my Mum was nothing short of extraordinary. I promise that no matter where life takes us both, you will always be a part of this family.
And now to the part that will definitely make me cry, my babies. To our beautiful little girl Aoife, the footballer or singer that Leah and I discussed on our first wedding night, thank you for being the sassy, stubborn, and hilarious little girl that you are. To our perfect little boy Theo, our very own astronaut, thank you for being the intelligent, thoughtful, and kind little boy that you are. And to my little warrior Finn, the one who became our light in the darkest of times, thank you for being the inquisitive, strong, and adorable little boy that you are.
Now you, my Leah. I can never find the words to tell you exactly what you mean to me, and I'm okay with that. I'm okay with just showing you. You made me fall in love with you during an unexpected night in Manchester, and every day after that. Thank you for the life you have given me; and for the memories we are yet to make. For the rest of my life I will continue to be grateful every day that this life is ours.

— — — —

8pm - First Dance

Once the speeches and dessert were over it was time for the first, kind of, dance. In the lead up to this day, Leah and I had chopped and changed multiple times on the song that would be perfect, realising that if we were to have just one perfect song, our journey wouldn't have been what it was. In the end, we settled for one of our perfect songs. The guests congregated around the dance floor, watching on as we interlocked our fingers and headed for the middle. Just as they had done on stage many times, the lights dimmed, except this time I wasn't alone, I wasn't searching for Leah in the crowd, she was right here; right in my arms.

Take it
If she gives you her heart
Don't you break it
Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She always has trouble
Falling asleep
And she likes to cuddle
While under the sheets

She loves Pop songs
And dancing, and bad trash TV
There's still a few other things
She loves love notes and babies
And likes giving gifts
Has a hard time accepting
A good compliment
She loves her whole family
And all of her friends
So if you're the one she lets in

Take it
If she gives you her heart
Don't you break it
Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She'll love you
If you love her
On days when
It feels like the whole
World might cave in
Stand side by side
And you'll make it
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She'll love you
If you love her like that

Kiss her with passion
As much as you can
Run your hands through her hair
Whenever she's sad
And when she doesn't notice
How pretty she is
Tell her over and over
So she never forgets

Take it
If she gives you her heart
Don't you break it
Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She'll love you
If you love her
On days when
It feels like the whole
World might cave in
Stand side by side
And you'll make it
She's the best thing that you'll ever have
She'll love you
If you love her like that

She'll love you
If you love her like that
She'll love you
If you love her
She'll love you
If you love her like that

She'll love you
She'll love you
She'll love you

She'll love you
If you love her
On days when
It feels like the whole
World might cave in
Stand side by side
And you'll make it
She's the best thing that you'll ever have

Just as we had done the first time, Leah placed her hands on my cheeks and gently sang the last two lines to me.

She'll love you
If you love her like that

The room let out a collective aw as our three babies came hurling towards us, kneeling down to pull them into a hug. All five of us together, just as it was always meant to be.

— — — —

Midnight - Departure of the Brides

Leah's parents took the kids home just after 10pm, Finn and Theo already sleeping sound on chairs at the back of the room, Aoife protesting that there would be room in mine and Leah's hotel room for her. Leah and I mingled with the guests for a while before announcing our departure and heading to our hotel room, unable to keep our gaze from one another as we made our way there. Entering the room, I felt no less nervous than I had the first time I had climbed into bed beside Leah, and I could tell that she felt exactly the same; a show that we still held that intense love for one another.

"I got you something, Al." Leah said, rustling through her bag.
"Le, you didn't have to do that."
"I wanted to, here."

Leah handed me a small wrapped gift, standing behind me with her arms around my waist and her head resting on my shoulder as I opened it. As I removed the wrapping paper, I realised that what I was unwrapping was a book, a handmade book that contained hundreds of memories, all dated and evidenced through tickets, photos, and hotel room card holders that Leah had obviously kept all these years. Every memory was included, but one stood out more than any, one I didn't even know had happened. It was a screenshot of a text conversation that had taken place with her Mum that night in Manchester, obviously just after I had basically blanked Leah outside the toilets.

Leah
Alex is here, I've just walked by her at the toilets but she didn't want to talk to me.

Amanda
Did you explain to her why you said what you said that night?

Leah
I didn't get a chance, she couldn't get away fast enough. What do I do?

Amanda
You might just have to leave it, LeLe.

Leah
I can't, there's something about her, I've never felt the way I feel around her around anyone

Amanda
If it's meant to happen it will happen x

Leah
It is. I know it.

"You were right." I chuckled, pointing to the screenshot.
"I remember not being able to keep my eyes off you that entire night. The minute I saw you going to the bar I was up off my seat." She laughed.
"Remember you came to Liverpool the next day?"
"Yep, all my friends told me you'd take out a restraining order against me for being a stalker."
"I did think about it." I joked.
"Oh so that's what you were doing that night when you kept searching for me in the crowd? Picking out a location for the police?"
"Yeah, my heart totally wasn't exploding in my chest." I rolled my eyes.
"It's weird isn't it? All those things we could've done, or not done, if we'd changed one tiny part of this we wouldn't be where we are."
"Life doesn't let you change the things that are putting you on the right path." I smiled.

I turned to face Leah, letting myself sink into her arms as her fingers played with my hair. She moved inch by inch towards my face, allowing her lips to connect with mine, butterflies erupting in my stomach at the feeling. My arms wrapped around her neck as I gently pulled her towards me, letting my fingers find the zip on the back of her dress and slowly pull it towards the bottom of her back. Leah repeated my action until both of us were able to step out of the dresses that we had been so cautious with up until this point. She slid her hands down slightly, allowing her to lift me into her arms, my legs wrapping around her waist as she took small steps backwards to the edge of the bed, spinning us around so my back hit the bedsheets and allowing her to climb onto the bed on top of me. She pulled her head away from me slightly, gazing into my eyes and basking in the moment.

"Thank you." She smiled.
"What for, Le?"
"Never giving up on us."
"Like I'd ever even dream of it, Le."

— — — —

"It's 5am!" Leah chuckled through her rapid breaths.
"What? It was literally 1am like 20 minutes ago."
"Four hours, not bad for oldies."
"Come here, Le." I said, opening my arms to wrap her into them.

An unimaginable number of I love you's and I can't get close enough comments were made as the two of us allowed ourselves to fall into a sleep.

"Night, my Leah." I whispered, pulling her impossibly closer.
"Night, my Alex." She whispered back.

And just like that, we were married, again.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

A/N

I did plan to upload this last night but I was way too tired. Hopefully it's worth the wait. I'm currently getting ready to go out so I haven't had a chance to proofread (something I always do 5537643399 times before I upload) so please ignore any errors!

Thought I'd give you a longer one to celebrate 100 parts!

Keep the suggestions coming in for any additional parts you would like for this story as it'll be hard to keep it going now :(

Have a great day everyone!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

197K 2.3K 48
ella is a singer who has recently gotten out of a toxic relationship what will happen when she meets the england captain this story contains smut
36.1K 953 32
When Marie flew to London with her best friend, she had no idea, she would soon meet the england captain, let alone fall for her. But is this love or...
78.3K 1.1K 30
In which I write one shot stories about the England women's football team (I may throw in a couple of other players from different countries ;) )