CEO or MAFIA ?

By haileyolsen20

WARNING: DO. NOT. EVER. WITNESS. A. MURDER. Because it can just turn your beautiful life upside down. ... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETIC
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 54

5.2K 176 9
By haileyolsen20

N       A        O        M         I

Did he really agree to stay??!!

He pulled the chair from the study table and dragged it towards my bed and halted before sitting on it. And here I was smiling like a creep at him.

Keep your smile together, girl!!!

He sat across me and I didn't know what to talk. Just staring at each other won't help, right? But what to do??!! Let me just start a conversation.

"Thank God, you came to check up on me or I would have died out of hunger...uhu..uhu.." I coughed and sniffled as my throat and nose were itching.

Like seriously!!! Since yesterday night I wasn't feeling well, yesterday night I had a bad head ache followed by a mild fever. And today morning it was worst, my fever, headache, throat pain and many more sky rocketed as I could not even get up from my bed. As well as I did not even eat or drink anything since morning. I never expected Harold to come and check on me but I'm glad he did. He just saved me from dying.. that's all I have to say.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked.

"Good..." I nodded.
"...paracetamol really did help me. Just some more paracetamol, aspirin and cough syrup will do just fine." I smiled.

"You've got high fever..so... after four hours you have to take the tablet again." He said and I nodded.

"You're really a very good friend.." he qirked his one brow at my statement.
"We're are friends, right?" I waited for a good one minute for his response but he wasn't responding as he was only staring at me, so I added.
"Yes we are!!" I smiled.
"You're just like Kate and Zach."

"Kate and Zach??"

"Kate and Zach are my colleagues as well as my best friends, even they work in your company and to mention they are very hard working just like me." I batted my eyelashes while giving him a proud grin.

"So you have best friends?" He smirked.

"Of course I have but alas I can't talk to them more often." I narrowed my eyes.

"Who said you to not talk, I just said you to not reveal our little secret."

"It's not that..." I clicked my tongue.
"It's just.... whenever I call them they keep asking about mom and about dad's tomb. So I just avoid calling them." My whole demeanor turned gloomy.

"Um.." he cleared his throat.
"I'm sorry for lying to your colleagues... actually we did need a solid reason for your absence so..." he trailed off...

And instantly my mood radiated by listening the sorry word from his mouth.
"It's okay, I understand." I grinned.
"However my parents hate me." Now again glumness occupied me.

"Hate you??" His brows dipped together as a slight frown etched his face.

And my nostrils flared in intense rage while reminiscing the reason behind their anger.
"It's because of that bastard...son of bitch...tattooed egoistic devil...son of that..." I was cut off.

"Who are you cursing though??" His brows furrowed.

"That stupid MIKE!!!!" I gritted my teeth.

"Mike??" His brows furrowed even more.

Just that dude's name is enough to get me riled up.

"As I said you that my love life is doomed and--" I stopped at the mid sentence and narrowed my eyes.
"Where is your phone?" I asked.

"I don't know, why?" He tapped his pocket.

"You don't know where your phone is?!"

"Maybe it's in my room." He said and I sighed but still I cannot trust him.
"So who is Mike?" He asked again.

"I can't trust you with my secrets." I stated apprehensively.

He rolled his eyes in return.
"I'm not interested either but one thing you should know....you can trust me." He replied with determination.

In positive side, he didn't actually tell or showed the audio of mine to Dylan, he was just being a tease and was also blackmailing me but did not reveal my secret to Dylan.

So...maybe I can trust him.

"Okay I trust you." A small smile curled up his lips.
"I know according to you, promises are to break but please do promise me that you won't tell it to anyone."

He nodded in anticipation.

"So as I've said you earlier, that my love life is doomed..." he pursed his lips in order to hide his smile.
"And it begins from Mike." I said and he was listening to me intently.

He's a good listener.

"I met Mike when I was in final year of my masters, I studied in Florida University of masters and I have a degree in finance. He was not my classmate or my senior, we just once met in a college fest where we talked all day and became friends and initially love was in the air." I sighed as I felt disgusted for loving him.

"You fell in love with a man within a day!!!" His tone was subtly incredulous.

"Don't interrupt in between." I gave him  a warning glare.

He keeps teaching manners to everyone yet he himself don't have manners.

"He usually used to come in his motorcycle to pick me up from college and then we used to go on dates, movies and lot more. Finally he proposed me to be his girlfriend and I, being in ninth cloud...I agreed. We were dating for already a year and we wanted to get married as both were old enough for that. So I introduced Mike to my parents and guess what??!" I gave him a calculative look.

"Your parent's did not like him." He had a subtle widened eyes.

"Exactly!! He had that bad boy aura in him, he had long hair with ear piercing and tattooed arms, he used wear those stylish ripped jeans and tshirts. One look on him by my parents and I knew that my parents rejected him for me. Then the same Romeo Juliet story goes on." I shook my head in dismay as I remembered those awful events.
"My parents strictly prohibited me to meet him but I was madly in love with him. With great difficulty we used to contact each other and one day he informed me that he was leaving for New York for a job and you know I bawled my eyes out when he said that. I couldn't stay without him. As soon as he left Florida... I made a plan of running away from my home.."

"That was a very wrong decision of yours.." he interrupted as he shook his head in dismay and I glared at him.
"Okay, continue."

"So my phone was snatched away from me from my parents, so I secretly bought a new phone plus number with my savings before the day of my eloping. My plan was set, the next morning I wrote a letter saying about my love towards Mike and  about my run away thing and at the end I wrote my new number before leaving the house at dawn. With my savings I bought a ticket for myself and he once even told me about his address in New York. Finally I reached New York and searched for his apartment which by the way took me half a day and I finally got it. I was so happy to see him again, I took the elevator to his floor and with a grinning face I pressed the bell. As soon as the door opened my smile slowly reverted as I saw a girl in a tshirt specifically in Mike's favorite tshirt. Behind that girl was Mike without a tshirt, he was only in his boxer briefs..." I was again interrupted as Harold spluttered with laughter.

"The things you tend to do in love." He mumbled and fixed his posture.
"Okay..continue." He smiled and I was busy glaring at him.
"Okay I am sorry! Please continue."

I don't know why his sorry has so much of affect on me.

"So eventually he cheated on me, so without exchanging any word I turned around and exited his building. I didn't know where to go nor did I have any money to afford a hotel room. I sat there at the street bench when I suddenly remembered Kate, my high school best friend, who shifted New York years ago. I searched her in social media and contacted her and she was the one who helped..." My eyes welled up as I remembered those hard days.
"She took me in and then I  interviewed in your company and got selected. When my financial status was stable I rented an apartment and stayed comfortably in New York." I sniffled.
"For weeks I was depressed, I thought Mike was the one, he was my every thing, my first love, my first kiss and my first...." I paused and glanced at him.
"I hope you understand what I was about to say." In return he frowned.
"I even left my beloved parents for him and that asshole bastard betrayed me. Since that day my parents never called me or searched me." I sniffled due to running nose.

"You could've called them." He said.

"I never had the nerve to do that, to call or to go back. I left them and maybe it's my punishment for leaving them." I sighed.

"So then what happened??"

"I was in New York, totally depressed and I couldn't get out of Mike's betrayal, so Kate suggested me to date again." He was still listening to me.
"And then comes Peter, the most horrific one."

______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 371 25
Running from the ghosts of her past Julia arrives in New York and starts working with her old school friend, Zoey. Just as things start to look up fo...
186K 1.9K 29
Aiden x Sophia "Secrets pulled them apart but are they strong enough to overcome them" ............... Stuck between the past and the present, both...
66 13 12
Intro- Will it be love or lust between these people. Leonardes a Ceo for a girl he just met his secretary, Veer a Stalker for his childhood friend o...
70.2K 1K 9
Discontinued... - "You're never leaving this place, ever, 𝑑𝑜𝑙𝑙." Our eyes meet and I let my burning tears fall down my cheeks, once again. 18 yea...