The Boy of The River; K.TH...

By taeeatskookies

Kim Taehyung, the prince of a king who had made magic practice illegal. But Taehyung would want to change tha... More

:Character Introductions:
Chapter 1: A New Yet Horrid Start.
Chapter 2: A Dragon's Roar.
Chapter 3: Jobs around the castle.
Chapter 4: Day One.
Chapter 5: That Stupid Arrangement.
Chapter 6: There Isn't A Potion.
Chapter 7: "Mutatio cogitatio"
Chapter 8: a higher dose.
Chapter 9: Golden Clasps and Taps.
Chapter 10: As Your Future King.
Chapter 11: The Unwelcomed Visitor.
Chapter 12: Secrets Are Better Kept To Two.
Chapter 13: The Realization.
Chapter 14: Questions with A Limited Amount of Time.
Chapter 15: An Unformulated Plan
Chapter 16: The Moon Rises.
Chapter 17: The Start of The Final Few Days Of Peace.
Chapter 18: Preparing for the worse.
Chapter 19: A Single Sip And You'll Be Gone.
Chapter 20: A Small Flower or Something Different.
Chapter 21: The First And One Of Many.
Chapter 22: New Things With Time
Chapter 23: The Undeads Invitation.
Chapter 24: Unfinished Business.
Chapter 25: A Single Blade.
Chapter 26: Death Will Claim the Same Soul.
Chapter 27: After Battle Pains.
Chapter 28: Hide It After Use.
Chapter 29: Respects To The Dead.
Chapter 30: Talks Of The Night.
Chapter 31: Pale Eyes Of Protection.
Chapter 32: Officially But Secretly Together.
Chapter 33: Lies.
Chapter 34: The First Hunt.
Chapter 35: Decisions, Decisions.
Chapter 36: Whispers Of the Night.
Chapter 37: It Was Over There.
Chapter 38: Some Alone Time.
Chapter 39: Crumble Away.
Chapter 40: "What happened to it?!"
Chapter 41: Why Did It Turn To Powder?
Chapter 42: A Close Ally.
Chapter 43: Behind Closed Doors.
Chapter 44: Thinking Of A Plan.
Chapter 45: Dread of The Day.
Chapter 46: Surprisingly Shocking.
Chapter 47: Finally Study Time.
Chapter 48: Finally Summer.
Chapter 49: "Why Did You Call Me?"
Chapter 50: Working Out The Plan.
Chapter 51: Let The Duels Begin.
Chapter 52: Blink And You'll Miss It.
Chapter 53: He's Been Poisoned.
Chapter 54: A Broken Down Wall.
Chapter 55: His Last Words
Chapter 56: Questions.
Chapter 57: Answers.
Chapter 58: Addressing The People.
Chapter 60: Nightly Comfort.
Chapter 61: Cozy Mornings.
Chapter 62: You'll Have To Wait Longer.
Chapter 63: No Harm Done.
Chapter 64: Hand in Hand, Heart to Heart.
Chapter 65: Fiance? I Like The Sound Of That.
Chapter 66: Acceptance.
Chapter 67: Attack.
Chapter 68: Rebuild.
Chapter 69: Still Eating Away.
Chapter 70: Discussion and Discourse.
Chapter 71: Reassurance.
Chapter 72: All's Well, Then End's Well.
Chapter 73: No More Hiding.
Chapter 74: "Please Do Visit"
Chapter 75: What theme?
Chapter 76: Please Do Go And Watch The Water.
Chapter 77: Tired Nights.
Chapter 78: Warm Sun To Rain.
Chapter 79: Sneaking Around.
Chapter 80: Midnight Moments.
Chapter 81: The Knights News.
Chapter 82: Fire and Water.
Chapter 83: [S] Golden Pulses.
Chapter 84: Relaxing Baths.
Chapter 85: A Visitor From The Past.
Chapter 86: Suspicions.
Chapter 87: Is He Really..?
Chapter 88: Practice Makes Perfect.
Chapter 89: A Relaxing Picnic.
Chapter 90: It's Okay To Be Nervous.
Chapter 91: King By Your Side.
Chapter 92: [S] Bath Time
Chapter 93: The First Day.
Chapter 94: Do You Know What It Means?
Chapter 95: The Dragon Knows.
Chapter 96: "I Don't Need Help Just Yet Hyungie"
Chapter 97: 2 Months Later.
Chapter 98: Hidden.
Chapter 99: Fear.
Chapter 100: Epilogue : "How Is It Going..?"

Chapter 59: The Coronation.

386 35 9
By taeeatskookies

It had been a week since the king's death and the prince had been studying well with the help from his boyfriend and had even tested a new harmless spell on the warlock; one being slowly turning him into an animal. Taehyung did start to panic once he saw Jeongguk grow ears and tail of a rabbit but the warlock reassured him that it would be okay and he just needed to use the reverse spell before he started to make noises of a rabbit or started to act like one.

He had said that before his nose started to twitch. But they managed to fix it before it got any worse, to the point of Jeongguk turning into an actual rabbit.

The day had started off busy, messy and most of all chaotic. But once everything was in motion of being set up for the prince's coronation to be king; the banners and ribbons of the colour blue hung, the carpet changed to red and rolled out to the throne, flowers up the aisle alongside the rows of wooden seats. The cooks were making a feast in the kitchen and knights were getting ready in their formations of when they'd raise their swords high above the prince's head.

"Sire! You need to stay still!" One of the fitters had exclaimed as he was pinning fur to sit right on the prince's robe.

"..Fine.." Taehyung huffed. "But I want to see Jeonggukie.." He stood still for the fitters.

"He's just gone to help Namjoon with the setup of your coronation, you know this" Another fitter spoke as he hemmed the prince's pants.

"I just hope he won't take too long" Taehyung looked down and saw that the fitters had started to finish up and clean up any rough edges.

"Step forward your highness, I need to see how it looks as you walk" The eldest fitter there instructed.

Taehyung walked forward, letting the back of the robes back to trail behind. The fitters watched and nodded in satisfaction as the prince turned to show the fitters how it looks.

"It fits nicely" The youngest fitter spoke.

"Good" Taehyung smiled.

"You look so handsome, Hyungie"

The prince turned around as he heard his lover speak. "Ggukie! I miss you" He quickly walked over to the warlock.

"I wasn't gone long, Taehyungie" Jeongguk laughed. "Namjoon-hyung just needed help putting up the banners" He winked to the other male.

"I see," Taehyung smiled. "Gentleman, how long till the coronation starts?" He turned to look at the fitters in the room.

They looked at one another. "In one hour, Sire" they replied.

"One hour?" Taehyung's jaw dropped. "I need to be by the door in thirty minutes" He exclaimed, running his fingers through his styled hair making it a mess.

"Taehyungie, Calm down" Jeongguk took the prince's hands in his to pull his hands away from his hair. "I'll have to restyle your hair again..." He pouted.

"I'm sorry" Taehyung apologized softly. "It just suddenly hit me that... I'm going to be king"

"We should take our leave now, Sire" the oldest fitter said. "We need to get to the throne room"

"Yes yes, go" Taehyung give a quick smile to them as they left this quarters and gave Jeongguk a knowing nod that he could calm the prince down.

Once they left the prince closed the door and turned to the warlock. "Was there anyone in the room, other than Namjoon-hyung, when you were helping him?" Taehyung asked with an expression of fear across his face.

"No one else was in the throne room other than Namjoon-hyung..." Jeongguk confirmed. "..is that why you started to freak out before..?"

His expression had softened from the comforting, confident look before. Taehyung let out a sigh and his shoulders slumped down.

He let a small, side smile grow. "A little..." He looked up at the warlock. "But really the shock of becoming king... just hit me"

Jeongguk looked at the prince before walking closer and wrapping his arms around the other's neck, being careful of the fur of his cloak.

"You know I'll be here.." Jeongguk looked into Taehyung's eyes. "...probably not at the level that people would be seeing, but I'll be here"

"You know one day they'll see you with the same respect as they see me and how I see you" Taehyung replied.

"One day, but not today, or in the next week" Jeongguk felt the others hands on his waist. "Now, you need to get ready by the door" He placed a kiss on the prince's cheek.

"You missed," Taehyung smirked.

"I did, did I?" The warlock raised an eyebrow. "Show me where I should've done it then"

Taehyung smiled before leaning down to Jeongguk's lips and taking his bottom lip between his own. They stayed like that for a few seconds; which felt like minutes and before they knew it, they pulled away to take a deep breath. Just as they were about to go in for another passionate kiss, there was a knock at the prince's door.

"Sire! You must be ready by the doors shortly!"

Taehyung groaned. "I'll be out soon!" He shouted, making the warlock giggle.

"I'll see you in there" Jeongguk smiled before walking to the door and opening to leave.

"See you soon," Taehyung smiled.

The soon to be King took a deep breath and let it out slow. He did it a few more times to clear his mind before walking out of his once owned quarters. Taehyung stopped and gave it one last final look before closing the door behind him.

"Sire.."

Taehyung turned his head to look at the knight next to him.

"It's time"

"Thank you, Ji-hun," Taehyung nodded. "You've been a very good friend to both Jeongguk and me"

The two made their way down the halls and to the stairs that lead to the level in which that had the throne room on it. There were a few knights standing outside the door waiting for Taehyung to approach and as soon as they saw him they placed their hands on the door handle. They waited for Taehyung's signal for them to open it.

Then he gave them a subtle nod; they opened the door and he stepped through. The knights, who were standing along the rows of the seats, pulled their swords out and held them up so the tips were touching the one across from them.

Taehyung made his way down the aisle as everyone rose in their seats. As soon as Taehyung passed the first row of knights they lowered their sword and placed it back in their scarab before following after the soon to be King as he approached the front of the throne room. He saw Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, Jimin and Jeongguk standing in the front row waiting for him to approach.

Taehyung stepped forward to the podium where he saw Namjoon, who was addressing the coronation. The soon to be King stopped in front of Namjoon and waited for him to speak.

"Today, we honor the passing of our past King and welcome in a new" Namjoon started. "Today, we say goodbye to Prince Kim Taehyung and welcome King Kim Taehyung"

Namjoon turned to pick up the crown of gold with red material that had been placed and looped in by hand delicately, that had been sitting on a red cushion to his right.

"Do you, Taehyung, take all responsibility and duty as King, to rule over your people with a kind heart and lead us through a peaceful reign?" Namjoon asked the male in front of him.

"I do," Taehyung nodded. "For my people" Then he lowered to one knee to allow the other to place the crown upon his head.

"Then I crown thy, King Taehyung" Namjoon placed the crown on the males head. "May he live long!"

"Long live the king!" The crowd shouted and cheered as Taehyung stood and turned around to face his people. Taehyung looked at Jeongguk and saw him smiling and clapping in celebration with the rest of the crowd.

"The fest shall begin!" Taehyung shouted to the crowd as the knights moved the tables of food in for the people and moved the rows of wooden chairs around the sides for it to be easier to walk around, sit and eat.

Jeongguk walked up the stairs along with the rest of the group behind him. "So, King Taehyung~ huh?" He teased the other.

Taehyung smiled. "Ggukie, no need for the teasing please"

"Why not?" Yoongi smirked. "King Taehyung??" They all started to laugh, enjoying the small teasing that they knew was harmless.

"So, what will you do with your items in your quarters Taehyung?" Jimin asked.

"Oh.. right, yes," Taehyung nodded. "That... I'll have to have the knights help me move my things to my father's old quarters and move his things out..."

"We can do that for you now, Sire" Ji-hun spoke up as he approached the new King. "Besides, you need to enjoy the festivities"

"Are you sure, Ji-hun?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm sure," He nodded. "Just let us know what we should and shouldn't move"

"Okay, just my clothes, books, papers and pens, and a few of my pillows too, Father would only sleep on two" He shook his head with a smile. "Thank you, Ji-hun and tell the knights I said thank you to them as well"

"Will do, Sire" Ji-hun nodded and bowed before walking back to the knights.

"Moving to your father's old quarters already?" Jeongguk asked.

"Any new King has to, right away, Jeongguk," Namjoon explained. "But don't worry, the bed is bigger than Taehyung's old one" He winked at the warlock.

"Hush-" Jeongguk muttered as he felt the tips of his ears heat up. "-You, we haven't even said anything to his people yet, they'd find these jokes suspicious" He pouted.

"They can't hear us, they're enjoying the feast" Taehyung smiled at the warlock. "Namjoon-hyung, when is it expected that there is marriage?"

"Oh.." Namjoon blinked at the sudden question. "Probably in a year or so..why?" He questioned.

"Do not worry, I was only curious," Taehyung smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed the chapter
Thank you for understanding and waiting for this update!
I purple you 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 6.2K 40
ELYSIAN (n.) relating to or characteristics of heaven or paradise • When bonds between vampires and the rest of the magical world become strained, th...
237K 10K 65
Jungkook was wash away from the storm and was found By Jin. Kim seok Jin take care of a young Mermaid he found and treat him as his own child and bro...
124K 6.5K 26
"You're good, nothing is gonna happen to you" Min Yoongi lives of off the streets in the capital ~ he has no home, no family and nowhere to go. Kim...
3.1K 261 11
"I'm not your servant." Jeongguk uttered in a low voice as he leaned forward after putting his both hands on the wall, caging Taehyung. The deep voic...