COTE: Koenji What if

By user20487131

Classroom of the elite, except Koenji knows about the white room and the masterpiece of the white room. In ot... More

Vol. 1 Chapter 1.1 - An unsettling start
Vol. 1 Chapter 1.2 - Convincing the class
Vol. 1 Chapter 1.3 - Introductions
Vol. 1 Chapter 2.1 - Convenience store
Vol. 1 Chapter 2.2 - Reflection
Vol. 1 Chapter 3.1 - Exercise
Vol. 1 Chapter 3.2 - Cafeteria trip
Vol. 1 Chapter 4.1 - Failed invitation
Vol. 1 Chapter 4.2 - Kushida's request
Vol.1 Chapter 4.3 - Club fair
Vol. 1 Chapter 5.1 - The bets
Vol. 1 Chapter 5.2 - The (Swimming) Race
Vol. 1 Chapter 5.3 - After the swimming race
Vol. 1 Chapter 6.1 - Kushida's Plan?
Vol. 1 Chapter 6.2 - Superiority complex vs Superiority complex
Vol. 1 Chapter 7.1 - Practice test
Vol. 1 Chapter 7.2 - A group hangout
Vol. 1 Chapter 7.3 - Judgement day
SS - Sudou Ken - Exercise
Vol. 1 Chapter 8.1 - A little scare
Vol. 1 Chapter 8.2 - Scam artist
Vol. 1 Chapter 9.1 - Preparing for group study
Vol. 1 Chapter 9.2 - Group studying
Vol. 1 Chapter 9.3 - False accusation
Vol. 1 Chapter 9.4 - Group bullying
SS - Satou Maya - Regrets
Vol. 1 Chapter 10.1 - Expulsion
Analysis of Volume 1 so far
Vol. 1 Chapter 11.1 - Setting up Hirata's group study
Vol. 1 Chapter 11.2 - Hirata's group study
Vol. 1 Chapter 11.3 - Ayanokouji's lament
Vol. 1 Chapter 11.4 - Gym buddies
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.1 - The midterms
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.2 - How to deal with a stalker 101
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.3 - Date?
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.4 - Albert vs Ryuuen
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.5 - Exam results
Vol. 1 Chapter 12.6 - Confrontation
SS - Horikita Suzune - Disappointment, Disownment, Defeat
Vol. 1 Side Note
Vol. 2 Chapter 1.1 - Social media
Vol. 2 Chapter 1.2 - Trauma
Vol. 2 Chapter 2.1 - The next Vice President of the Student Council
Vol. 2 Chapter 2.2 - Invitation to the student council
Vol. 2 Chapter 3.2 - Boredom
Vol. 2 Chapter 3.3 - A bet in class 1-C

Vol. 2 Chapter 3.1 - Another change to the school rules

316 19 6
By user20487131

Another day, another homeroom to start off the school day.

Once again, I am sitting at the back of the classroom as usual, with Horikita sitting next to me on my left.

The classroom is pretty relaxed right now.

Yukimura is diligently studying, he usually comes in early to study like this and continues studying just before the 1st lesson starts. He only lifts his head when his name is called out for attendance.

Satou is talking to her friends next to her and appears to be enjoying herself, occasionally glancing at my direction.

Horikita doesn't have any bags under her eyes anymore, so she must have finally gotten a good night sleep.

The three idiots appear to also be having fun talking to each other. Once again though Ike and Yamauchi are lamenting about the lack of points they have while Sudou is laughing at them. Wait...is Ike eating a whole loaf of bread?

"HAHAHAH! Did you really hate the vegetable meal set that much? You got no balls man."

"Shut it man! I ain't eating that filth even if I have to starve to death! Not that I can even physically eat it in the first place, it almost made me vomit the last time I tried it!"

Even I have to admit the vegetable meal set is not appealing in any way whatsoever, other than it's nutritional value. But for a normal high school student like Ike, that is of insignificance. It could be considered a form of torture by the school. Though if I were to be honest, Ike and Yamauchi do tend to exaggerate their reactions to the food. But surprisingly Sudou stomachs it down without much issue.

Speaking of Sudou, it looks like his onslaught isn't finished just yet.

"And look at this! Why is your bottle all crunched up?" Sudou grabbed Ike's bottle and drank from it.
Indeed, looking at it, the bottle is all crooked, it looks quite crushed already. And Sudou's grip crushed it completely, siphoning out every last drop.

I'm not sure why Sudou decided to drink from Ike's bottle as he already has his own bottle that looks full, but oh well. In fact, Sudou has a metal bottle with a small vertical line that is transparent making it easy to tell the volume of the contents inside the bottle. Look's quite expensive too.

"H-HEY! That's my water!" Ike looked mad now.

Sudou slammed down Ike's bottle. "Hahahah, I bet you had to fish this bottle out from your trash bag, cuz you didn't have any other bottles, heh," Sudou smirked, holding back some of his laughter.

Ike flinched at this. "O-o-oh, of course not!" Ike retorted back.

...Interestingly enough, it looks like Yamauchi is hiding his bottle of water as well in his bag. And his bottle is also looking quite disheveled, but not as crushed as Ike's bottle.
It is very wise of you to not join in this conversation, Yamauchi. I silently applaud you.

But Sudou, you probably shouldn't be too mean to Ike and Yamauchi at least in homeroom.

Homeroom isn't particularly long but it is a time for everyone to be in the right mindset ready for lessons, or at least it is supposed to.

Another thing to mention is that all our lessons take place in here. There were a few lessons which were an exception to this such as physical education, but for the most part we were here.

So once homeroom ends, we wait in the class for around 5 minutes until the next teacher comes over for the 1st lesson and then another 5 minute break for the next lesson, and this repeats until lunch.

As usual, Koenji was filing his nails with his legs resting on top of the table. But he also had a look of discomfort on his face.

This isn't normal for him. He was shifting around a bit as though he was wildly uncomfortable in the seat he is in. Even the people around him noticed but didn't bother asking what was the problem, naturally.

The chairs in this class are very uncomfortable at times. These cheap plastic chairs aren't the best compared to the chairs the teachers have and the chairs in the student council. To think that the school would cheap out on such equipment despite being such a special school designed to revolutionize the education system in Japan. The future world leaders gets this treatment?

Hmm? A large grin appeared on his face.

...Uh oh.

Here comes another one of Koenji's 'beautiful revelations'.

He put away his nail file to the side.

Koenji then stood up and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

Now more than half the class were looking at him in confusion.

Koenji pulled out his phone from his pocket and looked at Chabashira-sensei.

"Sensei, may I buy another change to the school rules?" Koenji asked. 

He had his phone in his hand.

"Seriously?" Horikita sighed, but not with disbelief but instead with disappointment.

"Again? What the hell is wrong with you? At least make it a worth while purchase." Yukimura sighed, lamenting at the situation. I would have thought that Yukimura would have been angry, but he looked defeated instead. He did lift his head up to look away from his notes though, at the very least.

He understands too well to not bother expending any more energy than necessary with Koenji.

"Indeed, this purchase will be satisfactory for not just me, but for everyone at this school. Consider it a veritable act of well-goodness,"

"So what is it that you would like to buy?" Chabashira asked, with a look of interest.

"I would like to buy the privilege to be able to use swap my current chair with another chair in my possession that I can use from now on in lessons."

Thud.

Yukimura banged his head onto the table. But he made no attempt to lift his head back up.

Thud.

Horikita banged her head onto the table, and also made no attempt to lift her head back up.

She should really stop doing that.

Chabashira then took out her own phone, ready for the purchase.

"In order to do that, since the school does not currently have any detailed rules regarding such a transaction, you would first have to buy the right to add to school rules, so that such a transaction is possible. That will cost you 1 million points."

"Deal." Koenji 

The transaction only took a few seconds.

"Alright then, now that this is a purchase you can make in the school rules, it will cost you 250,000 points in order to have the ability to choose whichever suitable chair you have in possession. Note that the chair has to also have your name clearly labelled at the back of the chair, like all chairs students uses in the classroom. It also can't be too big, it has to fit inside the class." Chabashira then explained the newly added rule.

"Make that two purchases, one for me and one for Demon-boy."

Chabashira then smiled.

Beep

The purchase only took a few seconds.

"Alright boys, you can come in now!" Koenji said out loud with a large grin on his face.

The classroom door opened up

Two men that worked for the school then came in, rolling down office chairs that had a brand name on them. The chairs looked very expensive. In fact, they look even better than the chairs in the student council.

One of the chairs had the name Koenji Rokusuke on the back.

The other chair had the name Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

One of the workers then went up to me. I stood up and let them change out the chairs. No words were exchanged, only the chairs.

The workers then left, taking away the chairs.

Now the whole class, with the exception of Yukimura and Horikita, were looking at me and Koenji.

"Here Ayanokouji-kun. This is a gift from yours truly. It would be very unbefitting for a perfect existence like myself and the future student council president to rest upon such poor facilities, now wouldn't it?" Koenji remarked.

The class looked dumbfounded.

Hirata just laughed it off and relaxed into his (inferior) plastic chair.

"Now everyone has the privilege to relieve their comfort with an adequate sum of points, if they so desire." Koenji said, and then elegantly resided in his seat, in his brand new chair.

He then started filing his nails with a smile on his face. He did not pay attention to any of the murmurs or comments regarding him.

"...1.5 million points..." Yukimura murmured, with his head still on the table.

I couldn't see his face, but he most likely has a look of complete defeat right now. It didn't look like he is going to say anything else now.

I looked over to Horikita. She appeared to have lifted her head off the table and was staring at Koenji with animosity.

...Ouch. Her forehead looks red.
She really should stop slamming her head on the table.

I finally sat down in my (superior) custom office chair.

...

...

...

I wanted to keep up the impression as though I wasn't wasting any points, so I paid Koenji to make the purchases instead.

I asked Koenji to ask Chabashira beforehand, so that during homeroom, the change can happen almost instantly. Compared to the last purchase, there wasn't a detailed rule listing this particular purchase. So another purchase had to be made in order for a change in the school rules, to purchase the right to change the chair you sit on at school. There was no way for the school to have made such a quick addition to the school rules beforehand without prior preparation.

...Once you get the feeling of the good stuff, you can't go back, right?

It is the same deal with coffee. Expensive coffee tastes amazing, so going back to cheap coffee is almost impossible. It is the same thing with ice cream too! I'm sure everyone can understand that feeling, right?

And well, this chair is designed to be perfect to support your back. It is crucial to maintain your health, especially your lower back. Well that's at least what it was described as. You can't pass up on such an offer right?

You can even recline really far back as well! Good thing I am at the back of the class, because I can recline as much as I want without being in the way of the other students and the wall is far back enough as well.

I bet I could take 5 minute naps in the break before the next lesson starts. Hmm, I should bring in a blanket for class, now that I think about it.

You can also adjust the height of the chair, a wonderful feature for when you can't see some parts of the chalkboard very well.

This chair even has a cup holder! Although you can't really drink coffee in class during lessons...but still! The fact that I sit at the back of the room means I am able to freely recline my chair as far back as possible! Ah, this really is the best.

I then started to file my nails. I am not particularly fond of having long nails, it feels uncomfortable. I also used the mirror Koenji recommended me and combed my hair. Having messy bed hair can be quite a nuisance after all...

...Wait, have I become just like Koenji?

No no no, of course not. Surely not. I really hope not.

...

Maybe I shouldn't be too influenced by Koenji.

He is the person that I have hung around with the most at this school. When I first came to this school, I didn't really have a defined personality.

I was like a liquid, or moldable clay. Developing into a full person takes time, but it has been over two months already, so that blank canvas has been partially filled already.

I guess that was to be expected.

Side Note: 

In my maths classes last year before I started going to university, for some reason there were 3 office chairs in my class so I used to glide around in them, using the tables to propel myself around in the class, as if I was in Mario karts. I would also sometimes spin around as fast as possible as well and adjust the height of the chairs. Of course I didn't do this during lessons (usually), but before lessons. Good times.

There was also one of those outside patio slope chairs that was for some reason right outside the maths class. So naturally, I brought it in the maths class. It was very nice relaxing in those chairs while doing maths problems during class.

If you couldn't tell, my maths teachers were pretty lenient at times lol.

Too bad maths at university is a nightmare, with all the work, and yet I still haven't managed to cover the topic of what Ayanokouji did in the exam in Year 2 Vol 1, (this was Lebesgue Integration I think) which is surprising.

Also Ayanokouji is just like Koenji fr fr.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.4K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
600K 12.8K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC