Vows of Betrayal | Jeon Jungk...

By tjunglebook

"I don't share," he growled right into my ear, his heavy breath hitting the base of my throat. "I'm not yours... More

༺ 1 ༻
༺ 2 ༻
༺ 3 ༻
༺ 4 ༻
༺ 5 ༻
༺ 7 ༻
༺ 8 ༻
༺ 9 ༻
༺ 10 ༻
༺ 11 ༻
༺ 12 ༻
༺ 13 ༻
༺ 14 ༻
༺ 15 ༻
༺ 16 ༻
༺ 17 ༻
༺ 18 ༻
༺ 19 ༻
༺ 20 ༻
༺ 21 ༻
༺ 22 ༻
༺ 23 ༻
༺ 24 ༻
༺ 25 ༻
༺ 26 ༻
༺ 27 ༻
༺ 28 ༻
༺ 29 ༻
༺ 30 ༻
༺ 31 ༻
༺ 32 ༻
༺ 33 ༻
༺ 34 ༻
༺ 35 ༻
༺ 36 ༻
༺ 37 ༻

༺ 6 ༻

4.6K 354 181
By tjunglebook

Reva

I woke up with a headache and a stiff neck after sleeping poorly through the night. I didn't know if it was because of the full moon or due to the many things going on in my life, but I had been consistently waking up every few hours.

After eating something small, I popped two pain pills in my mouth and swallowed them down with plenty of water. It was Friday and an event was scheduled for tonight that I had to attend. With my future husband, of course.

I had nothing else planned for the whole day, so I spent the few hours I had until I had to get ready taking an hour-long nap to hopefully help the headache pass.

The last time I had seen Jungkook was when we had met for brunch at Sebastian's, which was about a month ago. He had been texting me for the past few weeks with details about our wedding, which I acknowledged with short answers.

I knew that the response regarding the brunch invitation - which wasn't really an invitation, but a request - was petty and uncooperative. I didn't really want to text him back, because surely he would have known either way that I was coming.

My father and I had had an argument that night and his message came in meanwhile. Being angry already, his bossy manner pissed me off even more and so I had typed those words with aggression while my father yelled at me in the meantime.

Did I regret my answer? No, of course, I didn't. He had to know that he couldn't order me to where he wanted me to be at any given moment. Also, I wanted him to know that he couldn't tell me what to do. No one had that privilege over another person.

The reason for the argument with my father was that I had discovered, in his office, new documents related to a loan worth two million dollars. Wanting him to explain, he had taken a defensive demeanor when I had told him that he had to let go at this point. That all this debt was doing no one any good except causing more damage.

He had practically exploded all over the house telling me not to tell him what to do. Maybe I had inherited that attitude from him.

Well, we were over most of it now. He had apologized a few days after for yelling and blaming me in such an unfair way because it was all his fault in the first place. Now we talked normally, but the tension would not vanish as quickly as I anticipated.

He had even reacted relatively calmly to the prenuptial agreement I had put on the desk in front of him so he could look over it and make sure all the demands were reasonable. Family law was not his area of expertise, but he certainly knew more than I did about what needed consideration.

I had chosen to ignore his head shaking and sighing because I had known exactly what demand he was reading through at that moment. The Jeons wanted to see my signature confirming that they were entitled to twenty million dollars in case of a divorce before the five years mark was reached.

A humorless laugh had left my lips when I first read over the words, because it was clever in one way but cruel at the same time, for they knew full well that we didn't have twenty million to give them if I decided to cut ties with Jungkook.

If we had the money, we wouldn't be in this situation, I thought to myself.

But we accepted it as it was destined. There was no doubt on my part and if Jungkook became the one, his family would have to figure out how to pay out the same amount to us. I would not be the one walking away from it.

Would I eventually throw that ring after five years bearing his last name? I didn't know and it was too soon to contemplate such a thing. But what I did know was that it wouldn't be that easy, if it came to that point.

"Come in!" I called out upon hearing a knock on my door as I stood in my walk-in closet picking out an outfit for the event. I glanced over the edge to see who it was and spotted Sophia coming in.

She held two boxes in her hand, which she placed on my dresser, and smiled at me. These came for you, she indicated with her hand and I hung the blue dress back before walking over to her.

Opening the box, I fished out a smaller black velvet box. Although I knew what had to be inside, I flipped the lid back and a small light of blue and white fell on its content. A ring.

My shoulders jerked with a scoff. I hadn't expected to get a proposal on one knee, because nothing about this soon-to-be-real marriage was as it should be. Everything was a formality and even this ring on my finger would represent only the union of two families for business purposes.

Small diamonds adorned the band, but the real focus was set on the largest teardrop-shaped gem in the center when you looked at it. It caught the light and reflected small flecks of color. Not very ideal or resilient for everyday wear, but still pretty.

It is a beautiful ring Sophia commented and I nodded slowly.

Indeed it was, but it didn't feel personal. It was a ring that anyone would find beautiful, but it held no history, no feelings because there were none. So I felt nothing as I inspected every detail of the silver band before stowing it in the purse I had chosen for the event.

"Help me pick out a dress?" I changed the topic and Sophia's lips curved up into a sympathetic smile.

I always loved how she understood me without me having to bother putting my thoughts into words. She always sensed it with a little glance and even if my behavior changed just a little bit.

Being in her early fifties, she was probably only a few years younger than my mother would be today if she were alive. And so she was and had been all these years, the only mother figure in my life.

She had never voiced her opinion on the marriage and I didn't have to ask to know she was concerned for me. Sophia attempted to smile whenever the subject came up, but that was it.

After picking out a dress, I sat down at the dresser and started doing my makeup. The driver would probably arrive here in half an hour to pick me up, so I had plenty of time to get ready.

Jungkook had mentioned that it was an event for donations. Apparently, every year around the same time, a similar event was held for the business community, where investors could meet new partners.

Being a corporate finance consulting firm, Jeon Coop. was one of the best-known in the city. And what better opportunity than this event for such a company? And as his now fiancée, I had to attend as well.

Sophia helped me put my hair in a tight ponytail that brought all my features to the forefront. In high school, I didn't like to dress up, but over the years I had mastered that skill.

Just as I was about to apply some lipstick, a knock sounded on my door and a maid informed me that Jungkook was now here to pick me up. My eyebrows jumped to my hairline, as I assumed he was actually going to send a driver.

I nodded at the maid, reaching for my purse and coat. Sophia accompanied me to the entrance the way she always did and opened the door for me.

A black car was parked in the driveway and Jungkook was standing next to the passenger door. He was wearing a black tuxedo, his polished shoes shining under the light. He stared into nothingness until he heard me approaching, which led him to turn and our eyes met.

He didn't hold the contact for long, though, and his gaze slowly drifted from my face down to the dress I was wearing. But he didn't leave much room for his attention to shift and opened the door of his car for me.

"Didn't know you were personally coming. What an honor." I chuckled with a serious face as I walked past him to get in.

"It was the only appropriate way." I heard him say before he closed the door after I settled into the leather seat.

A purple light dimmed the interior and the leather could faintly be smelled, showing that there was someone who regularly cared for it. Yet a whiff of his perfume took over that smell as Jungkook leaned over the center sole to do something in the back seat.

We exchanged no words as he started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. The night was brighter than usual with the moon glowing magnificently in the dark blanket. I also noticed that it was bigger than usual, outshining all the stars.

I looked out the window as we stopped at a red light and Jungkook spoke for the first time in twenty minutes. "Did you receive the ring?" he asked.

"I did," I answered curtly.

In the corner of my eye, I saw his tongue roam the inside of his cheek. "Why didn't you put it on?"

I stared at his side profile and his jaw was just as tight as the grip of his fingers around the steering wheel. "Because we're alone right now. Is there a problem?"

"Put it on now," he said monotonously.

My right eyebrow jumped with the tension before I chose to ignore his sudden wannabe dominance. "I'll put it on when we get to the event."

A sharp intake of air hit my ears and I almost laughed. I knew it upset him when things weren't done the way he wanted. But I wasn't a puppet that could be dragged by the strings and bent into whatever shape one pleased at the moment.

"Reva."

"Jungkook."

I stared at him. He stared back. Until a car honked behind us, reminding us that we were currently in traffic.

Jungkook jerked his head to the side before looking out the windshield and hitting the gas pedal. The engine resisted the aggression he was showing, but we sped through the streets anyway.

I hated being like this, and I really wished that we could both finally come to terms with the truth, to accept that this situation was both of our destinies. But I still didn't step back from being who I was.

Ten minutes later, we turned into a busy street that was packed as guests piled in front of the entrance. Paparazzi and news reporters stood outside with their cameras and microphones hoping to get one of the important appearances to talk to them.

A young man in a red outfit ran up to our car and opened Jungkook's door, who got out to let the valet take the car. Then he walked to the passenger side and opened my door, offering me his hand.

It was the first time the two of us attended such a big event together, although the public had already encountered us twice. Still, this meant much more to both of our families and so we had to put on masks to deliver a good show.

Jungkook placed my coat on my shoulders and pretended to whisper something in my ear, and I smiled shyly. Our fingers intertwined and the warmth of his skin burned into mine like the ring I had put on before anyone could see me.

We smiled at the reporters, a false expression that was properly captured, and made our way to the entrance of the skyscraper. As soon as the elevator doors closed, we released the strong hold of our fingers, both now standing against opposite walls.

I didn't loathe or feel disgusted by Jungkook, yet it made me sick to pretend just to please a society that hadn't offered me much so far. Just the thought of knowing that dozens of eyes would be on both of us in a few minutes intensified that churning sensation in my stomach.

I had never liked to have my thoughts and feelings reflected in my behavior and although I had always been good at it, it was tormenting even for me to choose my words wisely and pretend to be in love with the man next to me.

As the numbers on the display increased with each passing second, we approached the rooftop where the event was being held. Jungkook and I came to stand in the middle of the elevator before the doors opened and he extended his arm in my direction. Linking my hand to his elbow we stepped out after the ding.

I felt Jungkook's whisper. "Stay by my side."

I nodded with a smile because I could already feel eyes on us. Just before I was about to make a snarky remark, we found a coat checker who kindly asked for my coat. I handed it to him and a shiver ran down my spine as Jungkook's warm hand came against my bare back.

Most of the guests were outside, but the bar was also crowded with people talking and laughing among themselves. Tall bar tables were set up with important investors and businessmen standing around.

It did not escape my notice that Jungkook intentionally led us both through the whole area because that ensured that everyone who needed to see it had seen that we had both entered together.

"Let's go outside," he suggested, making it sound more like a statement. I nodded before his eyes found me. "Are you going to be okay?"

I saw his gaze fall on my bare back. I had only worn the dress Sophia and I had picked out once, and it had a high neckline with a deep cutout in the back.

"How sweet of you." I teased at his lack of intended concern. The corners of my mouth dropped and I took the final steps before the glass door swung open and I stepped into the cool night. We came to a stop at the railing where we could look out over the whole city.

Jungkook's eyebrows were drawn together as I turned back to him, but he had actively chosen not to answer before changing the conversation. "Do you want something to drink?"

His question surprised me at first until I remembered that we were in public right now and although it wasn't allowed for the paparazzi to come up here, there were enough eyes to send this act down the drain.

I told him what I wanted and he said he would be right back, leaving me to stand alone. It didn't matter, because I used the time of silence to watch the city lights.

I had always loved the idea of living in the city because there seemed to be so many lives, all telling a different story, yet the house we lived in held too many memories for my father to leave behind. But it wasn't like I didn't like it there.

"Here." a deep voice sounded behind me and again warm fingers found my skin, making me flinch because it caught me off guard.

I took the glass from Jungkook's hand. "I think you are enjoying this a little too much at this point."

"What's that supposed to mean now?" he tilted his head to the side, clearly confused.

I turned, even more, causing his hand to fall from my body. "This marriage, this we-must-look-like-we-are-in-love thing. Stop touching me."

He let out a chuckle, dropping his head and shaking it in short motions. I didn't know what he was amused by, but I couldn't give the same reaction he did.

"You're so stiff, Reva." he finally rasped, but the smirk didn't fade from his lips. "Maybe I'm enjoying the embarrassment of your constant self-flattery."

I brought the glass to my lips, one eyebrow raised. "Is that so?"

"I'm not dying to touch you, trust me." he then said, suddenly serious. The drink in his glass disappeared with a backward toss of his head.

"Jungkook, how nice to see you here." we both heard in a moment when it was dead silent between us and the source of the voice belonged to Adam McGrath, who was approaching us with his wife on his arm.

"Mr. McGrath." greeted Jungkook, drastically changing his demeanor. He shook the old man's hand and then kissed his wife Margaret's knuckles. "We couldn't have refused your invitation."

I remembered that Jungkook had mentioned in his text message that this event was hosted by the Mc. Grath's this year, and I honestly shouldn't have expected otherwise, because the excess of sophistication was clearly reflected.

The live music coming from inside the building almost hindered me from hearing Margaret's greeting. However, I recovered well from it. "I'm doing good. But not as great as you look today." I complimented her appearance, fawning until the clouds wept.

"Oh. You young people know how to make us happy." She waved a wrinkled hand and giggled. "It's so good to see you two together."

I ignored the curious undertone. We had already seen her eyes on us at the restaurant and it was only a matter of time before she inquired about it herself.

"We just got here and Jungkook brought me a drink." I raised my glass a little higher. "Actually, he was just about to give me his jacket because he saw me shivering. It's a chilly night." I looked up at Jungkook, who already had his eyes on me. "Right, honey?"

"Yeah." the muscles in his cheek flexed, but I knew the couple in front of us didn't understand any of those signals between us.

He didn't refuse even for a second and lifted his jacket unbuttoned so I could slip my arms inside. I wasn't cold, but I still enjoyed his irritation and to be honest, the fabric felt soft against my skin. His cologne, which I had smelled earlier in the car, was now all over me.

"You two are just dreamy. Aren't they, Adam?" Margaret swooned to her husband and frankly, it was kind of endearing because I could see she really meant it.

"Yes." agreed her husband. The crease between his eyebrows had become constantly embedded in his skin because it wasn't going away no matter how much his lips were stretched. "We saw you eating at Onirique and thought it was a friendly dinner."

"Right." Margaret nodded. The conversation was starting to make me feel uncomfortable and I was nervous that the couple might suspect something, so I snaked my hand around Jungkook's arm, the ring on my finger clearly visible. "Oh my! You proposed already?"

Jungkook's biceps flexed under my fingers, his shoulder pressed tightly against mine. "Yeah, I couldn't wait."

To make it more believable, I shyly looked away, trying my best to smile that didn't look tortured. "Congratulations!" they both said with delight, then Margaret again, "I'm sure wedding plans are already in progress."

"Thank you," I said, hoping they would now drop the subject, but their waiting eyes told me a different story.

"May 30th," answered Jungkook in the end. They both gasped, but he tightened his grip on the steering wheel regarding the situation. "Invitations are already out. You should be receiving yours shortly."

"Great, great," she commented. "It's so soon, though, I'm sure it will excite but cause question marks."

I could tell she was trying to be subtle with her stares, but I didn't miss the few seconds her eyes were fixed on my belly.

Did people no longer have respect or was I just too harsh on humanity? What had we become, where gossip came from false accusations and hit the most innocent?

I tightened my grip around Jungkook's arm, who shifted on his feet. "Lies and rumors are like sweet gum. People love to chew on them."

Margaret coughed, as she was in the midst of chewing on one of the appetizers she had tossed into her mouth from a nearby table. She smiled, however, and agreed with me by reinforcing this with a tap on my arm.

"Reva and I have known each other since high school. So it's not too soon, in my opinion." my fiancé jumped in. Surprisingly, he remembered those years, though I thought he'd probably forgotten. "As I mentioned, we couldn't wait any longer."

"You did the right thing, son." Mr. McGrath patted Jungkook on the shoulder, supporting him in this decision as if it had been our choice. This, of course, they had no way of knowing.

"Thank you very much. Now if you two will excuse us. Reva is out of her drink and I'm sure she's thirsty." Jungkook smiled, pointing at my now empty glass. Little did I know that the stupid conversation had led me to chug it down.

"Of course." The pair smiled back and we made our way through the crowd together.

My hand was still tangled with his, his big jacket shielding me from the wind. Jungkook's sigh drew my eyes to him and I watched his white shirt tighten with each breath he took, but the bow tie around his neck still fit perfectly.

It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one who didn't approve of people sticking their noses into other people's business just to feed their curiosity, and so I muttered under my breath. "I don't know if I can keep doing this for the rest of my life."

It was meant to be a quiet complaint and I didn't expect him to hear it through all the noise, but when he laughed I knew that we were at least on the same boat.

"Me too," he said in my ear.

_____________________

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter after two weeks of not updating <3
and the loml did so well I'm proud🥹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 283 3
⇝ pairing: jungkook x fem!reader ⇝ summary: Whenever he flies back into town, your doorbell is the first he rings. When he has to fly out again, your...
70.1K 1.8K 45
What will Y/n do when she finds out that Jungkook, her boyfriend lied to her and tricked her and get married with her. What will Y/n do when Jungkook...
109K 7.1K 61
"Don't you want to kiss your husband, y/n?" he purred, deliberately slowing his words to a sultry pace, hoping to entice her into the mood. Her eyes...
102K 4.4K 34
A Jeon Jungkook fiction. (Book 1) Y/n is a mute girl while A/n is a glamorous one. Both belongs from a mafia family. Jeon Jungkook the king of underw...