Love in the Night | Dick Gray...

By swiftielvrrr

(UNDER EDITING 9/26/23) Olivia Kent had grown up as a sweet and loving girl until death had made her cold. D... More

Characters
Background
1| Clark Kent
2| Minneapolis, Minnesota
3| Storage Unit
Ch 4: Explosion
Ch 5: Motel
Ch 6: Safe House
Ch 7: Demonic Posessions
Ch 8: Mephisto
Ch 9: Asylum
Ch 10: Reconcile
Ch 11: Old Friends
Ch 12: End of Trigon
Ch 13: San Francisco
Ch 14: The Return of Dr. Light
Ch 15: Titans
Ch 16: Burnt City
Ch 17: Garth
Ch 18: Deathstroke
Ch 19: Saving Jason
Ch 20: Conner Kent
Ch 21: Lies
Ch 22: Atlantis
Ch 23: Elko
Ch 24: Donna Troy
Ch 25: Clea
Ch 26: Thanos
Ch 27: Barbara Gordon
Ch 28: Jason's Alive
Ch 29: Hank Hall
Ch 30: Sniper
Ch 31: Chthon
Ch 32: He Returns
Added Cast
Ch 33: Awaken
Ch 34: Wedding Bells
To Be Continued
Ch 35: America Chavez
Ch 36: Metropolis-191
Ch 37: Goodbye For Now
Ch 38: Mistakes
Ch 39: Consequences
Ch 40: Road Trip
Ch 42: Lex Luthor
Ch 43: Time of Need
Ch 44: Unwanted Guests
Ch 45: Old Friends 2.0
Ch 46: Arrest
Ch 47: The Great Counsel

Ch 41: S.T.A.R. Labs

202 4 0
By swiftielvrrr

The RV stopped as we all got out. I looked at the sign in front of the building, feeling a sense of guilt. The last time I had been to S.T.A.R. Labs was right before my father had died. I looked to my right to see Connor staring at a statue of our father. I jumped as America put her arm around me.

"You okay, kiddo?" I asked.

"Are they going to do tests on me?" She asked.

"They might but they are harmless" I said. "Don't worry, I'll be with you the entire time."

She smiled as we walked inside.

"S.T.A.R. Labs. Scientific and Technological Advance Research Laboratories" Tim said. "Built by Garrison Slate in 1971. Dedicated to pure scientific research, but no private or government affiliations."

"Tim, I love you, but please stop talking" I said.

"Sorry" he said.

"Titans, I presume" someone said.

I looked up to see Bernard.

"Bernard. Good to see you" Dick said.

"Good to see you again, Mr. Grayson" he said. "And you, Ms. Kent. Oh, wait, I'm sorry. Mrs. Gryason, and congratulations again."

"Thank you" I said. "Looking good, Bernie."

"I hated when you called me that" he said. "Anyways, I am so, so happy that you're all here. My name is Bernard Fitzmartin and I am the Director of Special Projects here at S.T.A.R. Laboratories. This is Dr. Espenson the Director of Applied Sciences, and we have got a very big day planned. We've been scrambling a little, since we heard you were coming today but we've managed to put together a few things for you."

I could feel America's heart beat increase as I squeezed her arm to calm her.

"So, why don't I show you what we've been working on and you show us what you can do" Espenson said.

"If you'd follow the good doctor" Bernard said.

I followed the kids and Kory when Bernard called back Dick and Conner. My phone began buzzing as I quickly pulled it out. Tommy's name appeared on my phone as I branched away from the group to answer the call.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Billy has become the Sorcerer Supreme" he said.

"What? I thought he still had more training to do" I said. "Plus Clea can't just openly give up the position."

"Clea's dead, Liv" he said.

My ears began ringing as I put my hand to my chest.

"When? H-how?" I asked.

"Nobody knows" he said. "All magic users were called to the Kamar Taj for the coronation of the new Sorcerer Supreme."

"Is that where you are right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, mom is too" he said. "Liv, she's been dead for days and nobody noticed. There's whispers of who it was."

I looked over my shoulder to see Dick waiting for me.

"Keep me posted but be discreet. There's something wrong if I was not aware of this" I said.

"They think it was you" he said.

"What?" I said.

"They say you killed her to make your brother the Sorcerer Supreme" he said.

"Billy was already foreseen to become the Sorcerer Supreme even before Strange died, the Ancient One said he would be the most powerful before she died herself" I said. "I'd have no reason to kill Clea, you must know this."

"I know you wouldn't and neither does mom but they think you did it to speed up the process" he said.

"They're spreading a false narrative of me like I'm evil" I said. "Play the part, act as if you agree with them. We need to have minimal contact, understood?"

"Yes" he said.

"Good" I said. "I love you, Tommy. Contact me only when necessary but you know how to contact me without a trace."

"I love you, Liv" he said.

I hung up the call, taking a moment to myself before walking to Dick. I slid my phone back in my pocket, walking past him.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah" I lied.

"You're lying" he said.

"Clea's dead" I said. "And Billy has officially been named the Sorcerer Supreme."

"I'm guessing that's not all?" He said.

"They think I killed her" I said. "But they don't have any definitive proof to pursue me."

"Why do they think you killed her?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said. "I think there's something Tommy doesn't know, they probably don't trust him."

We walked down the hall to one of the rooms as I peaked in. America was with Rachel and Kory as I walked in. Dick went to go with the boys as America's eyes lit up seeing me.

"Your strength is compared to that of the Hulk" Espenson said. "It's astonishing."

"What is?" I asked.

"Her molecular structure is something I've never seen before" she said.

"Well, she's not from here so that makes sense" I said.

"This planet?" She asked.

I looked at America, knowing if anyone knew of her powers destruction could come with it.

"Yeah" I said. "She's not from Earth."

I smiled as America balled her fist up before letting it open.

"Watch this" she said.

She threw her hand out as a star shaped blast left it, taking out the wall.

"Holy shit" I said. "Um.. I can fix that."

I held my hand out, levitating the pieces of the wall back into place. America smiled as Kory gave her a high five.

We made our way outside, meeting up with the others and Bernard had our RV updated with the finest tech.

I tried to listen to his words but my mind kept wandering to other things. Tommy didn't sound as he normally did, he sounded scared almost.

Somehow I had made it inside the RV, not really knowing how. One minute I was outside and the next I was in the passenger seat beside Dick. I zoned back into reality when the controls on the dashboard began beeping.

I instantly turned around as Conner yelled out in pain. I ran to him as he held his hands over his ears. I tilted my head, entering his mind, hearing an unsettling voice inside.

"Are you okay?" Dick asked.

"What happened?" Kory asked.

Conner regained his composure as we made eye contact.

"We have to go back to Metropolis" he said.

"Oh fuck" I said.

Kory, Dick and I went outside the RV with Conner as I tried to control myself.

"He wants me to come to LexCorp Tower tonight at eight pm" he said.

"That's a big fuck no" I said.

"He's the only man Bruce Wayne was ever afraid of" Dick said.

"Superman's not afraid of him, neither is Olivia" he said. "Neither am I."

"I killed him ten years ago and he didn't stay fucking dead" I said. "He killed our father, don't forget that."

"And you brought him back" he said.

I grabbed Conner by the hem of his shirt, throwing him against the side of the RV.

"I didn't mean to. He should still be dead. He only came back because I made a reckless but right decision to do a spell that brought my brother back" I said. "Lex knew what he was doing when he stuck that Krytponite into our father."

"Liv!" Kory yelled.

"You're not invincible, Conner, nobody is" I said.

I let go of him before walking back inside the RV. I took deep breaths as Dick, Kory and Conner came back. I glanced at Kory, looking inside her mind. Dick looked at me as I bit my tongue.

"I'm going instead of Kory" I said.

"You'll kill him again" he said.

"I need this" I said. "I'm going."

He walked closer to me, putting his hand on my head.

"Please, don't kill him" he said.

"Fine" I muttered.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I said.

He smiled, kissing my forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 1.6K 46
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰. 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞...
13K 197 27
list of characters: - Dick Grayson - Jason Todd - Gar Logan - Conner Kent - Hank Hall - Kory Anders - Donna Troy some imagines will be based around t...
5.2K 78 12
What happens when people started to capture kids and experiment on them. And one of them kids just had to be me...
32.4K 713 21
After having a strange and cruel nightmare, Damian Wayne felt more violent and vengeful and not himself. The other Titans got suspicious and thinking...