secrets // kate bishop

Av lov3languag3

Amara Leos is Kate Bishop's biggest cheerleader, from best friends, to loosing family members, and now the wo... Mer

0.0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8

EPILOGUE

940 39 6
Av lov3languag3

TWO YEARS LATER

"No," Amara shakes her head, "That one goes over there, they need to be in order so the story is told right."

The two movers picked up the sculpture and move it between the other two.

"Babe," Kate's voice comes from around the corner, making Amara turn around on her bare feet.

"You're hovering," Kate hums walking over to her, "And you need to come upstairs and finish getting ready."

"It needs to be perfect!"

"It will be," Kate kisses her cheek, putting her arm around her shoulders, "Now come on, I bet Sana has it all under control," Kate nods at Amara's assistant. Sana nods with a smile holding a clip board to her chest.

"If you need me, come get me!" Amara says as Kate pulls her away from the gallery and up to their apartment that sits right on above the gallery.

Since graduating Amara fallen head first into her art, working at the Met part time and using any other free time she has to work on her sculptures. And tonight is the opening of her own little gallery in the city. Her art blew up online and now she's sold multiple pieces, she even created a few custom pieces for celebrities.

While Kate took on Bishop Security full time, trying to keep the company running while also joining Yelena on secret adventures all over the world. Which sometimes drove Amara crazy but she knew Kate was doing what she loved.

"Are you sure this is good?" Amara's standing in front of the mirror second guessing the long lilac dress.

"You're beautiful, Mar," Kate walks up behind her, her hands sliding down her bare arms, kissing her shoulder, "Everything is going to be okay," she kisses her neck, having easy access to it with Amara's hair pulled into a bun, "Just breath."

Kate wraps her arms around Amara's torso, resting her chin on her shoulder while Amara takes a deep breath.

"I'm just nervous," Amara admits, "The Times and the New Yorker are coming."

"And they're going to love you and your art," Kate smiles at Amara in the mirror.

"But what if they don't?"

"It doesn't matter what they think," Kate stands up straight, turning Amara around so they're eye to eye, "You've created the most beautiful sculptures ever, it doesn't matter what the critics have to say. You did amazing."

"But"

Kate cups Amara's face with her hands and kisses her, hard enough to make her stop worrying. Amara melts into the kiss instantly, her hands sliding through the loop of Kate's slacks, pulling her closer. All of her worries melting away.

"Thank you," Amara sighs almost breathless.

"Always," Kate tucks a stray piece of hair back behind Amara's ear.

Theres a knock on the apartment door, which is propped open, "Your parents are here, Amara!" Sana's voice echos into the apartment.

"Tell them I'll be down in a minute, please!" Amara shouts back.

"Are you gonna tell them tonight?" Kate asks as Amara walks over to her side of the bed, picking up and sliding on the tan heels she had picked out while she crossed the room.

"Yeah," Amara smiles sitting on the edge of the bed, picking up the thin gold banded ring, with the perfect oval cut diamond in the center, sliding it onto her left ring finger.

"I'm surprised Thalia still hasn't slipped up," Amara smiles at the ring.

"Honestly I'm surprised I haven't yet," Kate laughs.

"Same," Amara laughs as she crosses the room to Kate, giving her a quick kiss before they both head downstairs.

They find Alexander, Tracy and Thalia standing in front of a sculpture of Athena, that Amara did with her mother in mind. Her strong, logistical, beautiful mother who made her the women she is today.

"Hi," Amara whispers, making all three of her family members turn around with big smiles. There's a quick round of hello's and hugs.

"Uhm," Amara's holding her hands behind her back, standing close to Kate still, "Mom, Dad."

She suddenly feels like a little kid again, not a twenty-four year old women who makes her own money and has her own life. Almost like she's scared they would say no to this somehow, as if they have any say on this.

"Uhm, Kate and I are engaged," Amara holds out her left hand. Thalia's mouth curves into a big smile, even though she knew. Tracy and Alexander both freeze, looking at the ring and then at their daughter then Kate, then the ring again.

"Oh my god!" Tracy covers her mouth.

Tracy and Amara have become closer than ever, they get lunch weekly now and Tracy listens and learns so much from Amara. Amara finally feels like her mom accepts her, sometimes even like their friends.

"When?" Alexander asks, still trying to process the news.

"A few weeks ago," Amara answers, putting her hand down, "I was waiting to tell you guys in person."

"This means wedding planning!" Tracy smiles happily, "And grandkids!"

"Mom!" Amara groans.

"No kids!" Alexander says sternly. Thalia lets a laugh slip from her mouth before quickly covering it.

"Dad?" Amara looks at him timidly, waiting for his approval.

"I'm happy for you, but I'm going to have a chat with Miss Bishop," he nods towards the other end of the room.

"I'm dead, huh?" Kate looks at the other three girls.

"Alexander! Be nice!" Tracy scolds her husband as Kate follows him.

The other three girls stand around and start planning the wedding, making Amara smile at how much her life has changed and how much better her family relationships are. Freshman year Amara would have never believed her mom would be accepting of her marrying a women, let alone wanting to help the plan the wedding.

A few hours later, the gallery is full of people, there's low acoustic music playing and soft chattering from every corner of the room. Amara's already talked to the Times and the New Yorker, so now she feels like there's a weight lifted off her shoulders as she walks around the gallery.

"There she is!" Laura's warm voice makes Amara turn towards the sound.

"Hi!" Amara smiles as the two hug, Amara then hugs Clint who's standing right beside his wife, "I'm so happy you guys came!"

"We wouldn't miss it," Laura smiles, her energy feels so motherly and warm, helping Amara relax a bit more. "Kate told us the news! Congratulations!"

Heat rushes to Amara's cheeks, "Thank you."

"Lets see the ring!"

Amara holds her hand out for Laura who looks at it in awe.

"Clint, get me a new ring," Laura side eyes her husband, making Amara laughed.

"Is there a date yet?" Laura asks, letting Amara's hand go.

"No, we're not in a rush," Amara shrugged, "We've been together for so long, we'll probably just elope."

And right at that moment Tracy walks by, "Don't you dare!"

Amara laughs, "Clint, Laura, this is my mom, Tarcy."

Tracy and Laura shake hands, "Its nice to meet you both," then she shakes hands with Clint.

"Thank you for taking her in when my husband and I messed up," Tracy nods at the couple.

"She was a joy to have," Laura smiles at Amara.

"I want her to come back so I don't have to do the dishes anymore," Clint laughs.

They spend the next few minutes all talking, before Amara slips away to go talk to other attendants. Until finally hours later, the gallery is cleared out and its just Kate and Amara in the locked up gallery. They're sitting on the floor, shoes gone, wine glasses still beside them. Most of the lights are dimmed but theres still music playing quietly in the background.

"I'm proud of you," Kate says from behind Amara, who's still staring at the small red 'sold' signs sitting on the three sculptures in front of her.

"I never thought this would be my life," Amara admits, then turning to see Kate who's leaning back on her hands beside her, "I've gotten so so lucky."

Their eyes meet and Amara swings her leg over Kate's lap, while Kate doesn't move, but a small smile pulls at the corner of her lips.

"I love you," Amara smiles down at her, her hands holding Kate's face.

"I love you," Kate smiles, sitting up, wrapping her arms around her fiancé's waist.

"I love you," Amara repeats just wanting to hear Kate say it again as she lowers her face to hers.

With a big smile, Kate repeats the words, "I love you."

Amara kisses her, slowly, softly.

Everything is perfect.

She's kissing her person, in her own gallery under their apartment, with an engagement ring on her finger, feeling so at peace and truly happier than she's ever been before.

"You know people can see us right?" Kate voices her concern as Amara's fingers start to undo the buttons of her shirt.

"Then let's give them a show," Amara smirks kissing her again as they fall back onto the wood floor.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

34.7K 897 27
Former Avenger, Y/n L/n, takes an offer to get her revenge on her former team, meeting someone along the way only to find out she was on the other si...
98.5K 2.9K 58
Y/n Romanoff is Natasha's younger sister and after the events of end game, y/n now had been taken in by the Clint and the avengers. When new recruits...
215K 5K 50
Everyone knows y/n as a player, but a girl catches her attention making her finally commitment? They have there ups and downs but will they get throu...
74.4K 4.1K 33
Anya Nikolaeva can finally see a future for herself after life in the Red Room. She meets Kate Bishop and she falls in love, but that love is threate...