2.8

After a shocking sweet and eye opening lunch with her parents she was on the train back to campus.

By the time the train pulled into the station it was five pm. Amara called a car and headed straight to the athletics building. It was a Wednesday meaning it was a weights day for Kate, and she knew she'd be done soon.

Amara waited outside, sitting on one of the metal benches waiting for Kate. She checked her phone for the time again, she should of gotten done five minutes ago. She had already seen some of the other archers leave the building, a few of whom waved at her.

A little while later, the sun was starting to set behind the buildings of campus. Kate finally walked out of the building. If Amara didn't know better she would of thought she was purposefully making her wait.

Kate assessed the steps with Amber Buckley, she was on the soccer team, their star player matter of fact. Her dark hair was cut into a short pixie cut, she was muscular but not bodybuilder style, the same way Kate was. Honestly, if Amara hadn't started dating Kate she would of totally gone for Amber.

"Amara," Kate stoped abruptly at the bottom of the stairs, where Amara had stood up from the bench and was now standing at the side of the stairs. Suddenly feeling very self conscious of the formal business outfit she had one.

"Uhm," Amber hummed, "I'll see you in class tomorrow?" She looked at Kate.

"Yeah, I'll send you those note when I get home," Kate nodded turning to look at Amber who was already making her exit from the awkward situation.

"I went and saw my parents," Amara blurred out before Kate could even turn back to face her.

"You did what?" Kate's tone was protective as she snapped her focus back to Amara.

"I asked for my job back," Amara fingers twisted behind her back, "They said no."

"I'm sorry," Kate answered, genuinely.

"But uhm then they apologized for everything they did. My mom actually said the words 'I'm sorry'," Amara was still in disbelief about it.

"Really?" Kate knew Tracy, that women never admitted to being wrong, she just found a way to make herself right.

Amara nodded, "They also gave me a connection for a gallery spot, and a job at the Met post grad," she couldn't help but smile a bit. The idea had grown on her since leaving the city.

"They also talked some sense into me," Amara took a step forward, "I don't ever want to be without you. The last few days sucked ass. I just kept wanting to talk to you. I value your opinion because I know no matter what it's gonna us," she stepped up to where Kate stood at the bottom step, standing right in front of her, "In the end. You're my person Kate. And I fucked up." She sighed.

"Come home, please," Amara tried to read Kate's face, but there was nothing to give her any hint of what she was thinking.

"I'm sorry," Amara couldn't take the silence, she was taking after Kate and just kept talking, "I reacted harshly. I was drunk and annoyed. I'm sorry. But also if you're still pissed at me for it, I get it."

"Shut up," Kate finally spoke, stepping forward, putting her hands on Amara's face, tilting it up towards here. Amara kept her mouth shut waiting for her to say something.

"You're taking that job," Kate said it as statement, not a question. Amara nodded, her face still in her hands.

Kate crashed their lips together, a shocked gasp slipped from Amara's lips as she was knocked slightly off balance. Kate quickly moved to wrap her arm's around Amara, keeping her up right. Amara's hands were firmly planted on Kate's chest, tugging on the t-shirt she had on.

Kate pulled away, their faces still centimeters away, "I love you, Amara. I don't think you could do or say anything that could keep me away from you."

Amara finally slowly opened her eyes, looking into Kate's grey eyes, "I truly don't deserve you."

"I know, I'm pretty great, huh?" Kate smiled.

Amara hit her chest, "I take back what I said."

"Don't lie, you love me," Kate smirked knowingly.

Amara smiled, "I do, I really really do," she kissed her softly.

"Dinner?"

"Please, I'm starving!" Amara groaned as they started across campus hand in hand.