Something Greater (Something...

By goldenjarry

Tour is over for Jenelle. She's back in the offices of MTV in Melbourne with new work partner Mason Andrews... More

Reviews
Welcome Back...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Harry Styles.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (Final)
Bye my loves x

Chapter 61

13.4K 394 179
By goldenjarry

Jen's POV

Harry's fingers were drawing light patterns over my stomach, waking me up from one of the best sleeps I had had in weeks. I always slept better with him, and judging by my recent sleepless nights, my theory was proving to be true.

He hadn't noticed I had opened my eyes, watching him watch his hand over my bump. He had a small smile on his face, in turn making me smile at how happy I knew my pregnancy made him.

I'd thought it countless times before, but Harry really was going to be an incredible father. Seeing him smile whenever he thought about it was my favourite sight. I couldn't wait to see the smile on his face as he held our baby in his arms.

I reached up and tucked a loose ringlet behind his ear, capturing his attention.

"Good morning beautiful," he smiled even larger than before, kissing me gently to start my day off.

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" I asked him, snuggling into his chest again.

"I always sleep better with you next to me. So are you catching up with the girls today?"

"Why do you assume that?" I questioned him.

"Because I know you don't have work today, and I know what you women are like. Besides I have my own plans today."

"Do you have a secret girlfriend I'm unaware of?" I teased.

"Yeah, her names Lauren and she looks like you, just an older blonder version," he laughed, knowing full well I wasn't actually serious.

"So you'd rather hang out with my mum than me?"

"I promised her last night I would come over today and help her start packing the house up, and moving stuff over to the other house. We want you to be moved in before I leave."

Everything was happening so fast, I only found out last night I was the new owner of a house. I loved this apartment, it held so many memories, good and bad, but none the less memories I would keep with me forever.

I was happy that my sister was moving in with me, I couldn't imagine living in that big house by myself, while Harry was on the road.

"Oh okay, well yeah I made plans to have brunch and shop a little with El and Soph. I still can't believe you flew them here, I can't believe you're here! When do you leave again?"

"Friday, I have to be at an awards show on Sunday in LA. It's kind of a big deal since it's the first appearance without Zayn. I can't really be f*cked with the band right now, I would much rather stay here," he sighed.

I knew he hated being away from me, but I couldn't help but sense there was more behind that sigh. Whenever we spoke on the phone, he never really mentioned work or what was happening in the band, so I had no idea what was going on in his mind.

"Why do I feel like something's wrong? It's not like you to not want to be with the boys. Are you still upset over Zayn leaving?"

"Not exactly. I mean of course I miss having him around, but he chose to leave and he seems happier without us. There's just so much awkward tension with Louis. His argument with Zayn is causing unnecessary attention online, and I'm sick of the childish behaviour.

We're a band, there's four of us left, we're meant to be sticking together and ignoring outside opinions. I know Louis means well, he's defending himself, but I think both he and Zayn need to realise we were brothers for five years, don't throw that away because your pride is getting in the way.

It's just a shit situation, I feel like I'm in the middle of a battle, and I'm on neither side. I have other things to worry about, much more important things, I don't need to be around the constant complaining, backstabbing and childish remarks. You know what I mean?"

I did understand why that would all annoy him, and I had no idea all of this was even going on. I avoided social media these days, so I hadn't seen anything that was going on. The last I heard everyone was on good terms.

"I get it, it's kind of like highschool when your two best friends are fighting and you're in the middle. You do have to be loyal to those that are loyal to you through Harry. Like you said, there's four of you left, you need to have each others backs.

Louis might seem like he is complaining, but knowing how close he and Zayn were, I know Louis wouldn't have turned on him for no reason. I know you don't want to choose sides, but sometimes you have to.

Remember who has your back, and in turn you should have their backs. I'm not telling you to defend Louis, I'm just saying have a look at who has stuck by you, and who will be there for you when it's all said and done."

I was worried I had just said something I shouldn't have. He was quiet, staring at me contemplating what to say.

"You're right, you're always right. You always make me see reason baby, that's why I'm lucky to have you," he kissed my forehead.

"I'm here to talk about anything you want babe. Just remember, you're away from us for a reason, so make the most of it. No use being miserable in what you're doing, it makes being apart not worth it. This will all pass over," I assured him, knowing Zayn and Louis would come to their senses and drop whatever beef that had going.

"Hello!" Knocks sounded on my bedroom door, and I immediately recognised the two voices on the other side.

"That's the girls," I told Harry.

"Right you two can stop having sex now," Eleanor opened the door, barging into my room.

"Eleanor, get out!" Harry groaned at her presence.

"No need to be snappy Harold, while Soph and I pick out an outfit for Jen you can run along to the bathroom and put some clothes on, here you go," El tossed Harry his clothes I kept in my cupboard.

"What, no boxers? You expect me to zip my balls up?" He got smart with her, I could tell he was annoyed they interrupted our conversation.

"Jen?" She looked to me, asking if I had any of his underwear stored somewhere.

"Second drawer," I giggled at Harry's annoyed face that I was helping her out with this ambush.

"Here are your Calvin's, now out," she tossed the white boxers at him and both her and Sophia turned around, and started rummaging through my wardrobe.

"I need to ask myself why I even flew them down," he whispered into my ear, pulling the throw rug off the end of the bed to wrap around himself, making his way to the bathroom.

"Is he gone?" Sophia called out.

"Yeah," I responded, making them both turn around and face a sheet covered me.

"Do you have anything on? Or should I pick out your underwear too?" Eleanor handed me a loose woollen jumper and some leggings.

"I'm pretty naked," I laughed, and she reopened my underwear draw picking out Harry's favourite pink and black underwear set.

"These are cute," they both sat on the end of my bed, handing me the under garments.

"Yeah they were cute when my boobs actually fit into that cup size, they've gotten bigger during this pregnancy."

I took the underwear from them placing them on, then left the bed with my arms covering my chest, to pick out one of my newer bra's.

"Oh my gosh," the both squealed in sequence.

"What?" I asked them in a panic.

"No nothing bad, this is just the first time I've seen your stomach like that," Soph smiled at my bump.

"I haven't seen it that big either," El jumped up from the bed and knelt in front of me, rubbing my stomach with her warm hands.

"Hello little baby, it's Aunty El," she spoke to my stomach. She was odd, but she was cute.

I placed my bra on while she mumbled something about turning my baby into the worlds next child fashionista.

"What the hell are you girls doing?" Harry walked back into the room, laughing at the sight of Eleanor talking to my stomach, and Sophia filming it like some kind of documentary.

"I was just telling the baby how it's going to be the new model for my fashion business," she explained to him.

"No, absolutely not. You're not going to exploit my child and make it the next fashionista of the world," he dismissed the idea.

"You're such a grump, don't you have places to be?" She shooed him off.

"I'm going, don't be making any life decisions with these two while I'm gone," he kissed me goodbye, making us all laugh at his protective nature.

"I won't," I assured him, and he left as the girls helped me to continue getting ready.

...

"This is such a cute market," El commented, as we strolled past all the little stalls on the way to brunch.

"Yeah I used to come here all the time with Sam and my mum."

"Oh my gosh it's a psychic, I've always wanted to go to one of those!" Sophia beamed as she pointed out the little set up the local psychic sat at.

"They're such rubbish, I don't believe that a few cards can tell you how your life is going to turn out, bollocks I say," she pulled us past the lady.

"No, I'm going to her, I want to see what she has to say," Sophia protested, walking back to the tent, introducing herself to the small woman with a black bob.

"Waste of time," El whispered into my ear. I'd never seen a psychic before, my mum swore by them, one even predicting my uncles death. I did believe they could tell the future, and I was intrigued to know what was in store for me.

"I think I might have a turn next," I told her, earning a head shake.

"Don't tell me you believe in this crap too!"

"My mums into this stuff, they've been pretty accurate every time. I'd like to see what she has to say, it may be a waste of time but it wouldn't hurt," I shrugged.

"Okay well you and Soph do this and I'll be over at that stall," she pointed to a clothes stall and walked away.

I took a seat next to Sophia, introducing myself to the lady also.

She did Sophia's reading first, telling her mostly all good things were coming her way. Her relationship with Liam would only get stronger, she would pass her schooling with flying colours, that sort of thing.

I was nervous to hear what I had coming up for me, I hoped it was all good things.

"Your guardian angel is Mia, the spiritual being of happiness and blessings," the psychic informed me.

"Mia will bring you great happiness in a time that is quite hard for you. She will be your blessing, and heal you from hurt. I can't tell you what is going to happen to lead Mia into your life, but I can tell you you will come out of it seeing the light."

I was anxious now, I hated knowing something bad was going to happen, I was a paranoid person as it was, I didn't want to walk around everyday with this at the back of my mind.

She mentioned a few other things that had me thinking-

"I see a friend coming to you in a time of need, you will be the shoulder to lean on. Be gentle with this person, be their guardian angel, they will need your support more than ever before.

Have a forgiving heart with another, life is too short to hold grudges, you will be filled with regret if you don't fix the ruptured bridges.

You will suffer a loss, whether it be in your career, your personal life, or life in general, it will be hard on you, but you will be okay.

You will have great happiness in love, your soulmate loves you more than you could understand, you will have a beautiful life together for as long as you are both on this earth."

I didn't know what my future held based on what she was saying, or who was matching up with which prediction, but what I did know is Harry was my soulmate, and I was relieved to hear we would be happy.

She told me a couple of other things referring to my career being successful, and my family always being there in time of need.

It wasn't everything I wanted to hear, but I knew I had to brace myself for the unexpected now, knowing everything would be okay in the end.

After the psychic reading, we met back up with Eleanor and headed to the cafe for brunch.

I told her about what I was told in my reading, and she was sceptical about it all. You couldn't make someone believe in something, and I hoped deep down she was right about it all being made up, because I wasn't prepared for the events that were apparently looming.

"Anyway enough about our reading, are you going to fill me in on why you and Louis have broken up?" I changed the subject, not wanting to think about the last twenty minutes anymore.

"I just had enough, we grew apart and that was that. Obviously I still love him, I spent four years with him, but I think we both knew it was over before we actually admitted it to each other.

Besides have you seen him lately? Everyday there's a new picture of him stumbling out of a club with some new scrag on his arm.

He obviously has no respect for me or what we had, or else he wouldn't be throwing in my face that he's moved on. It's okay for him though, but if it were me with a new guy everyday, I would be labeled a w*ore and accusations would fly around that I never loved Louis.

I hate the double standards in this world, it's messed up. I'm diving myself into work though, and I'm spending a lot of time with friends, so it's not like I sit at home and cry all day, I keep myself busy."

Again, I had no idea Louis was doing what she said he was, I tried to avoid social media, and I wasn't reporting on the latest celebrity gossip at MTV for the time being, so I had no reason to look into Louis' love life.

Eleanor seemed so strong though, and I admired that about her. I remembered my heart breaking when I found out about Harry and that Paige girl, I couldn't imagine what I would have been like if he were spotted with multiple girls a week after our break up.

Louis was getting into fights with his best friend, and sleeping around to numb his pain of his losses. I hoped he wasn't headed into a downward spiral, he was a smart guy, he just had to pull himself out of his funk, and realise there were other ways to be happy other than partying yourself into the ground.

"So no chance of reconciliation?" I asked her.

"No way! Maybe if he wasn't turning into someone I didn't recognise anymore, I would consider trying to make things work again, but as of right now I'm fine on my own Jen.

And I don't want some speech about how time heels everything, and we'll find our way back to each other like you and Harry. Louis isn't Harry, he doesn't have the same heart as he does, and he makes shit choices in life. They're not on the same maturity level, lets just say that."

"I wasn't going to give a speech, your love life is your business, and if you're happy without him then I'm just happy that you're happy," I told her honestly.

Of course I would miss having her around on tour, and I hoped this didn't affect our friendship at all, but she had to do what was best for her, and I, as her friend, would support that.

"Okay good, I am in a good place I promise. Just because I'm not part of the girlfriend club anymore, doesn't mean I'm leaving our friendships behind," she grabbed both Soph's and my hands in hers.

"I'm still here to support you both, especially you Jen, I want to watch your baby grow up no matter who I'm dating. I still remember our first night together at the London flat, at the little fire pit in the yard.

I told you if you ever need anything you could talk to me, and I still mean it. We're still LB's, past or present, once you date one of them you're stuck with the label for life," she smiled at our inside joke, and I was happy to know she still wanted a friendship with me.

"I love you girls," I took Sophia's other hand in mine, "It's not always easy being in the public eye because of who we date, but you two have both been such supportive friends, and it means a lot that you're both here."

"Always babe, and if you're ever in the UK, make sure you let us know," Sophia said.

I wasn't as close to Soph as I was El. That's only because El and I could relate more, and we saw each other more, but I wanted a relationship with Sophia like I had with El, and since Niall and Louis were single, she was all I had in terms of girlfriends.

She was younger than me, only by a couple of years, but she was very mature and the fans seemed to love her.

I was lucky to have both of them as friends, and I would never take them for granted.

"Can we just promise one another no matter where life takes us, we'll always have each other," I said.

"I promise," Eleanor nodded.

"I promise too," Sophia agreed, and we continued enjoying our brunch, making the most of the time we had together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 497 37
in which a complicated girl meets a boy who turns her world upside down
482K 16.9K 20
The story of a road trip where Frances and Harry reconnect after eight months of the flight they shared together. (Sequel of The Flight series) High...
2.6K 175 45
Oh, the places you'll go. The things you'll see. The people you'll meet. The help you'll need. Trust me, you might not want it, but in the long run...
214K 5K 44
(DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK 'Through the Dark') Sky's started a new chapter in her life without Harry, yet she's reunited with a...