A Friend of Another Friend

By bb2410

Misty Louise Paul has lived most of her childhood immersed in her studies and her favorite pass time...puzzle... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Three

1.2K 62 9
By bb2410

-Jayden's P.O.V.-

"I really don't want to go to another one these re-connection dates with old friends, Chase." I complained as I watched everyone of my friends get ready for the date. 

Wes rolled his eyes at me as he threw on a hoodie to complement his laid-back style he was going for. Chase paced back and forth contemplating what he was going to do with me, I waited for his solution.

"What's the problem, Jay were just gonna hang out with Tess and her friends no biggie." he stated.

I sighed. "What about Jenna?" I asked them.

"I'm sorry Jayden but as your best friend, your girlfriend is a wacko." Ron said making crazy signs across the room.

I took no offense because that was truth. Jenna has been my girlfriend since I started here at ISU, ever since she found out I was captain of the soccer team and part of my fraternity Delta Sigma Phi with my bro's Wes, Chase, and Rondall. We all knew each other since grade school and were pretty much inseparable. Wes was Japanese, had dark hair, and a matching set of eyes; Chase was white had blonde tousled hair and a charming sense about him. He got girls instantly especially with his pair of honey brown eyes, they would just fall at his feet, Ron was black with short hair and these unique set of hazel-brown eyes that always left people amazed. He was also quite the comic and got everyone laughing no matter how tense the situation; I was proud to call him my best friend.

I sat with my arms crossed over my chest wishing that I was single right about now. 

"Whats the problem bro? You're just hanging out not potentially finding a wife." Wes commented at his computer, he was a computer science major and was the guy to go to when you needed something fixed; If only he could fix my love life.

"You're going man." Chase stated abruptly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "And what makes you think that?" I asked him.

He smirked. "We'll all gang up on you and drag you there by your pretty boy features." He replied.

Ron scoffed as he heard Chase say that and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever man." I got up and headed for my room.

"Is that like a whatever man I'm going, or whatever man go on without me?" Ron asked.

-

So here we were standing outside of the bowling alley in the cold waiting for the girls, who were about 5 minuets late. I rubbed my hands together slowly and tried to conserve whatever I had left of body heat. 

"It's cold out here, why can't we wait inside?" Wes asked.

"Because it is gentlemen-like to wait for the lady and walk inside with them." He said.

"Of course you would know something like that, Mr. Heartthrob." Ron smiled.

Wes and I chuckled softly and soon enough there was a car entering the parking lot.

"Is that them?" I asked curiously.

Chase shrugged. "Could be." He peered over to look.

We all watched as a couple of girls hopped out of the car and slammed the door shut of a Range Rover. The sounds of shoes clacking and frantic whispers gave me the feeling that it was indeed them, the girls stopped right in front of us and Tess was the first to greet us.

She smiled brightly. "Hey guys...these are my friends." She turned to them.

"Alex, Chrishell, and Misty." She pointed them all out. My eyes followed each and one of them, Alex had the golden blonde hair, Chrishell had the brown straight looking hair, and clinging beside her was Misty.

My eyes widened when they stopped on her because she was stunning. Misty had the smoothest, creamiest brown skin I've ever seen. She had really dark hair that was out and curling towards her shoulders in a long heap. Her lips were puckered, soft, and pink almost as if they were pouting. Her eyes were her best feature they were almond shaped and the color of onyx like the gem because of how they sparkled even in this dark and cold weather, they shined. She wasn't looking at me her eyes were focused on Chase speaking and I hadn't realized Chase was introducing me until Wes nudged me pretty hard.

"What?" I asked him irritated that I had to peel my eyes away from Misty.

"Your name." He said.

I suddenly then realized that everyone was looking at me and I cleared my throat nervously. 

"I'm Jayden." I said to everyone.

The girls nodded in unison and Chase clapped his hands together. "Alright, let's bowl." He walked towards the entrance as he slipped his arms around Tess's shoulders; I rolled my eyes.

Not even inside and he's already making moves.

We all followed behind him and entered the bowling alley. There were a fair amount of people here like families, couples, and parties all getting together and enjoying the company of each other. After a minuet of walking we stopped at the shoe rental area and changed into the bowling shoes.

Chase bought two lanes for us, four on one lane four on the other. 

"I'll be on a team with Tessly." Chase volunteered.

Of course.

"Wes you with me?" He called over to Wes tying his shoes over at the bench.

He looked up and shrugged. 

Ron came over and nudged me. "I guess that leaves us two." He winked at me. 

I shook my head, I could already tell he wanted Chrishell to be with us. Alex automatically went to Chase and Tess's team, so that left Misty and Chrishell. They walked over to us arms linked around each other.

"I guess we're with you guys." Chrishell spoke up.

"I guess you are." Ron smiled.

Chrishell gave a small smile and went to enter her name on the list of players. Misty followed closely behind her. When they were done we took our turn putting our names down on the machine. We began the game with Ron bowling first. He lined up and I took a seat on the bench. Chrishell was behind Ron intimidating him and Misty took a seat beside me. We didn't say anything, only watched as the two fool around, watched as Ron hit only two pins, watched Chrishell laugh hysterically.

I glanced at Misty from the side of my eye, she had her hands neatly folded into her lap and she sat really still, like she was uncomfortable or something. I think she caught me looking because she turned around and smiled.

"Hey...Jayden right?" She asked.

I nodded. I suddenly couldn't find my voice and the words in my head seemed jumbled up and confused.

She held her hand out. "Nice to meet you, I'm Misty." She said.

I looked down at her hand and took out mine. She shook my hand gently and I noticed they were really warm and soft; I managed to let out a smile.

"You're friends with Tess?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Met her freshmen year." She replied.

I nodded and the silence overcame us again. We awkwardly looked back and forth at each other; Misty had her eyes pinned on the game Ron and Chrishell were playing and I suddenly felt like the most boring person in the world.

"How old are you?" I asked abruptly.

She turned to look at me shocked for a second that I sparked a potential conversation.

"19." She stated.

I nodded. "Me too." I brushed some of my hair back from my face.

She played with her thumbs. "Do you live around here?" She asked me.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I thought. Should I really tell her that I'm in a frat?

I mean not that she would care or anything, maybe she would automatically label me as a jock or something; I mean I already play a sport and everything.

She waited patiently for my answer.

"Uh...I live in the frat house with these guys." I said pointing to my friends.

"Ooohh fraternity guy." She smiled.

I smiled as well. They way her face lit up when she bared her perfectly white teeth was stunning, I wanted to keep her entertained. 

"Yeah Delta Sigma Phi....are you in a sorority?" I asked her.

She shook her head and frowned. "I'm not really much of an outgoing person." She said.

That could explain her quietness and her nervousness. 

"Misty! You're up!" Chrishell called out to Misty. She got up abruptly and went to bowl, she picked up a 6 pound ball and she steadied herself on the isle before she tossed the ball and landed a strike. 

"Yoo-hoo!"Chrishell tackled her friend with a tight hug.

Ron took a look over at me and winked. 

"I have a girlfriend." I replied.

He nodded like he understood. "Sure." He said sarcastically.

I sighed.

"Your turn, bro." He pointed to the isle.

I got up and grabbed a heavier ball and threw the ball down the isle, it hit 8 pins leaving two easy ones. I waited for my ball to come back before I bowled again hitting a spare. Everyone clapped for me and I thanked them.

"Your turn, loser." Chrishell pushed Ron.

He laughed and grabbed his ball. Misty and I took a seat again on the bench waiting for them to stop fooling around and bowl already; Misty took a look at me.

"They're something aren't they?" She told me.

I turned to her and agreed. "They are and this is Ron acting casually." I joked.

She giggled. Wow that sounded nice.

"Chrishell is kind of crazy too." She watched her tackle Ron as he tried to go for a shot, but he got a gutter ball trying to balance her as well as himself. We all took turns hitting the pins Misty got the most strikes and spares than everyone else, right after that we got to watch a new movie that came out and just like that we were all headed home. It was too bad I couldn't spend anymore time with Misty she was great company once she got comfortable with you, but she was gone now and replaced with my loser friends.

Ron nudged me. "You two seem to be getting pretty close." He winked at me.

I pushed him away. "We were just talking casually unlike you...did you get a new girlfriend?" I asked him sarcastically.

He smirked. "No, but I got another one-on-one date." He said swinging Chrishell's number in my face. I pushed it out of my sight and headed into the car with the rest of the guys. Wes looked tired and Chase seemed like Chase, optimistic and planning for the future.

"We should totally do something like this in the future, it was fun." He said.

I gave him a face. 

Chase looked at me through the rear-view mirror. 

"Except for Jayden because his demon wife is waiting for him at home in hell." He added.

Wes although seemingly tired laughed as well as Ron; I rolled my eyes and continued wished the ride was a hell lot more silent.

It really felt like I was going home to hell.

And I didn't like it at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 226 13
A professor story... Love, Death, Betrayal, Fame, and Misfortune. Part 1 of 2. ALSO HEAVY ON CNC
259K 1.4K 8
They were a "missed connection" in high school. What happens when Dean and Jayden reconnect as adults?
2.8K 476 42
"I won't leave" I whisper, and he smiles, "I know, baby" he says softly, and my lips tug upwards into a smile. "You're the exception" he continued...
7.2K 601 40
Sometimes at a point of time, we need to face problems from the people we don't know. I'm Neely Jones from Florida Orlando and I'd recently moved to...