Encanto (Journey to the past)

BiancaGradaille tarafından

Mirabel's ceremony was sad for several reasons but there was one reason that everyone choose not to talk abou... Daha Fazla

The second ceremony
About Ten-Eleven years ago
Present (After casita fell)
Songs for the story: NC
Character info
Dinner tensions again
The triplets
Quinceañera y Quinceañeros
Quinceañera y Quinceañeros part 2
Learning more
La Familia Sánchez
New visitors
Sleepover
Breakfast
The new generation(not a chapter)
Making plans and meeting the village
Talks and saying adiós
A song from the heart
We're on our way
Train rides and Stories
Journey to the past
Isa, Dolores and Luisa song
Tough calls and explanations
Reunited
Catching Up
Meet the rest
NAC: Boarding house residents
Preparing for more Drama
Reunions part 2(Can't this family have one quiet dinner)
A New Miracle
Hang in there baby
Dia De Los Padres
Parents day Part 2
Out on the town
Javier's Journal pt 1
Journal pt 2
The Jungle pt. 1
Jungle pt. 2
The End or is it?

Mica vs Abuela

125 3 0
BiancaGradaille tarafından

Flashback
Alma's Pov
I was at the head of the table. My daughters were to the right of me along with Félix and Agustín. My son, his wife, and my precious Nietos, & nieta sitting on my left. I couldn't help but smile at them.

'Ay Pedro, I wish you could meet them you would be so proud'

Everyone was eating quietly trying to have a nice dinner hoping to avoid what happened. But damage control needs to be done although I wish I could give that punk a spanking. The town trusts us to help them not harm them their already weary of my son and sometimes Pepa, but this is about Bruno.

"Bruñito, I hope you are prepared to apologize for Ignácio's behavior?" I said causing everyone to stop in silence.

"Sí, Mama," he said in low voice. Pobrecito it's never easy but as parents, we need to swallow our pride for the greater good.

"Good, then by tomorrow we can move forward and make sure this does not happen again," if that punk knows what's good for them they'll accept it.

"Of course Mama,"

"We have a responsibility to this household and the people in this town. A duty that each new generation needs to understand,"

"But Abuela, Ignácio was only trying to help papa," said Javier

"Yeah the person yelling at him made it seems that it was his fault," said Angelina

"YEAH! No one hurts my papa"

'Mí corazones I'm sorry'

"Enough! There are no excuses for fighting and Ignácio I am so disappointed. You could have,"

"I don't get why you're getting so upset at our son for doing your job?" Said Mica interrupting me.

"Excuse me?" I asked my daughter-in-law.

"I said that Ignácio did more for Bruno than you ever have," Mica said nonchalantly with a smirk. On day one we have never gotten along sure we are civil and both care for Bruno. Yes, I'm grateful for all she has done for him and my grandchildren but I don't care for her attitude. She always needs to question my rules and she is so smug. How my son fell in love with that. I'll never know.

"Um, can we go to our room? Please," said Angelina sensing the tension in the air.

"Yes, you may dear, Casita!" with that casita brought the kids to their room leaving the grownups in silence.

"Something on your mind Mica?"

"Well, Alma since you asked so nicely, there is," she said calmly even though I know she wants to fight. Bruno reached for her hand to calm her so things wouldn't escalate and she squeezed back. But it did little, it was a screaming match the biggest we ever had words were said, plates were thrown and past mistakes were brought to light. The family and casita tried to keep us from getting close to each other but we keep our faces lock. We ended up sitting back at the table tired but we still had a lot to say.

"Alma, I know that you share a bond with the people in this town because of the war. Especially with the council members. Since then your family has done nothing but use their gifts to help the town and I respect that. However my patience for their ignorance and your negligence is wearing thin," she glared at me like it was my fault.

"I assume you have a better idea to resolve this matter?" I said.

"Yes, stop spoiling the town so much,"

"What?"

"Bruno should only tell his predictions to people if they or the town is in danger. Julieta should only heal serious injuries like childbirth, not paper cuts and Pepa should only change the weather if it gets hazardous and water crops if needed,"

"Everyone has a duty they must fulfill we can't just pull back the town will-"

"Will still be here. The town managed to progress five years before they had their gifts and before Juielta could properly learn to cook. Now it's time for them to be more self-reliant. After all, besides Casita, it was you and your generation that expanded the village without any powers,"

At this, I was willing to agree with her suggestion. The miracle did shelter us but we build more housing using our own hands. Would it be so bad to let them use their powers less? Bruno perhaps just till the tension eases down. Pepa is always so nervous maybe a little break could calm her down.

"Also in the future remember my children already have parents so please mind your own business,"

That's it she's going down, "how dare you! I love my grandchildren! Don't forget you two we're the ones that asked for my help when you found out you were expecting!" I said pointing to the witch that tried to keep me away from my babies.

"And we're grateful for that. and will always seek your advice but it's our choice on how we raise our children. It's our job to be firm with them when needed,"

"She's right mama," oh god the tramp brainwashed my son. "I love you but it's time for you to stop being a madre for everyone. You're their Abuela it's your job to spoil them. To be entrusted with the little secrets that they keep from us. If not harmful. Be their ally when we disagree with them. Leave the hard parts of parenting to us and enjoy the fun of being their favorite grandparent," Bruno said with his hands on my shoulders. I was still hurt and upset at what happened but after hearing those words I looked at Pedro's picture. I could only respond with, "I'm sorry but what you said is impossible,"
"Pero Mama," I hold my hand up. Turning to Mica.

"I can consider your suggestion of letting them ease down with their chores. I will try to let you handle parenting on your own and just be Abuela. But what I can't do is not be your mother," that last part was directed to my children. I looked to see their response.

"And we wouldn't expect you to?" Mica said with a smile as she put her hand on my shoulder letting me know that this conversation is over I looked at the clock and I saw how late it was.

"Well, it's late we better get plenty of rest for tomorrow so we still have lots to do. Good night," my children hugged me goodnight.

As we headed to bed I peek into the nursery to see the children sleeping peacefully. Just like my children. I went to them to kiss their heads goodnight. Javier is so much like his papa but he has more wonder in him. Angelina my sweet girl I hope you become a better woman than I am. Ignácio reminds me so much of Pepa not just in looks but in spirit. "My little light, may your fire never go out and your passion flourish," I kissed him goodnight and left for my room.
-End flashback-

Thinking back on that night and their fifth birthday perhaps I jinxed Ignácio with his gift. I wish I could go back and keep the promises I made. Now I need to suffer the consequences. I turn to my family after explaining.

Third person's Pov

"After we settled the dispute we all went about our days. I don't know how but Mica managed to convince people if they had a complaint to write it down to avoid any hostile confrontation," said Alma.

"Not surprising considering she managed to convince you,"

"She did it with a knife in her hand,"

"Oh,"

"For a time everything was fine, but when Ignácio got his gift he was so excited he almost burned down the house,"

"Uh-oh"

"Abuela please tell me did anyone,"

"No, they were too scared to but that didn't hurt him any less to see everyone he's grown up with so afraid of him just like they were me," said Bruno

"Ignácio was still in flames with no idea what to do his siblings tried to help but he wouldn't let them get close,"

"Poor primo Iggy,"

"Yes, it was hard I was about to ask Pepa for a rain cloud. Then Bruno went to him and hugged him along with Mica,"

"They did what?!"

"You did what now?!"

"We did what anyone would do for their child. to assure them that they would always have their parents' love and support no matter what the world says and I would do it all over again,"

"That's very noble of you Tío"

"Yes, and reckless! You are just like your father," I pointed out to my son "thank goodness it all worked out, poor Ignácio felt so guilty but he was able to calm down. His siblings wanted to cheer him up. That was also the night they took flight for the first time. The rest of that night went smoothly seeing the happy children. Of course, Mica kept rubbing it in our faces ruining the mood,"

"Mama she did no such thing,"

"Yeah, it was the townspeople she threw shade at,"

"I know. But I still saw the smug look in her eyes,"

The adults continued going through the album. The triplets' first birthday, Félix and Pepa's wedding, Julieta and Agustín wedding, the triplets' fifth birthday, until Antonio saw a picture of Angelina in a white dress.

"Is this Angie getting married?" He asked making the adults laugh.

"no Toñito. This was taken on Angelina's quinceañera," said Bruno.

"She looks so pretty,"

"Ah Yes, and the boys looked so handsome in their suits,"

"I know, they gave me so much trouble," said Alma.

"This was our family's first Quinceañera in over twenty years," said Pepa.

"I was so nervous about messing things up that day," said Bruno

"We were all afraid of things going wrong," said Agustín putting a hand on his brother in law shoulder.

"Especially Abuela,"

"I just wanted my first grandchildren's quinceañera to be perfect. Every grandparent goes through that especially when that person is Angelina"

"Why?"

"Angie was unique she liked girl things but would rather play with her brothers even when they did boy things,"

"So she was a tomboy,"

"Kind off, but what's more interesting is that she agreed to a ceremony if her brothers were part of it as well,"

"Wait so the birthday party wouldn't have been for them?" Asked Antonio.

"I know it seems unfair but boys usually don't have that same kind of passage when they reach 15," said Félix.

"They have a Quinceañero to celebrate but most don't have a big party just a ceremony at the church and a normal party,"

"Why?"

"Just how it was. Besides my Quince was short and simple and before your mother's which was fine with me. Besides I was happy being part of my sister's court,"

"But Angelina wouldn't stand for it. She wanted to share her journey to adulthood with her brothers,"

"I thought it was "if she had suffered with the party preparations so did they," said a smiling Isabela.

"We all had trouble that day but it turned out alright," Bruno said turning to a section with pictures of the party.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

871K 53.4K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
5.2K 194 16
Reeling from a war that threatens to rip nature apart, a difficult decision is made. Elsewhere, a new king rises to the throne through an ancient law...
149K 3.9K 20
This story take place during the events of frozen but before the events of HTTYD2 . The story mostly follows the plot line of frozen until the thi...
1.3M 51.9K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...