The Writer's Assistant (ManxM...

By letsgohomehidee

The one rule Daniel has for himself? Don't date your boss. And it's the one rule he can't help but break. The... More

✏Summary✏
✏Author's Note✏
Chapter 1: Oliver Carl...Son?
Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'
Chapter 3: A Pickle
Chapter 4: A Monstrous Call
Exclusive Chapter: Oliver's POV
Chapter 5: Blue
Chapter 6: A hobbit
Chapter 7: Cats > Humans
Chapter 8: Polka dots
Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous
Chapter 10: The Boutique
Chapter 11: Black Suits and Ex's
Chapter 12: Are You Gay?
Chapter 13: Love Me Not
Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction
Chapter 16: An Urgent Matter
Story Branch: Aaron's side story
Q&A + character interview
Chapter 17: Strangely Perfect
Chapter 18: Drawing the Line
Chapter 19: Daddy material
Chapter 20: Love Sick
Chapter 21: Fantasies
Chapter 22: A Red Flag
Chapter 23: Touch Yourself
Chapter 24: Spread Your Legs
Chapter 25: A Quickie
Chapter 26: The Straightest Man Alive
Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes
Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos
Chapter 28: How Many Fingers?
Chapter 29: All the way in...
Chapter 30: Swimming Date
Chapter 31: Waterproof Underwear
Chapter 32: Drowning
Chapter 33: Wet in the Public Showers
Chapter 34: Slow Strokes
Chapter 35: Sinking Deeper
Chapter 36: Gym Buddies
Chapter 37: Public Shower Stalls
Chapter 38: Captain Pussy
Chapter 39: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 40: Lilies and Roses
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: Inside-Out
Chapter 43: A Squirter
Chapter 44: Congratulations, it's a girl!
Chapter 45: A Writer
Chapter 46: An Uncertain Future
Chapter 47: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 48: Bloody Mary
Chapter 49: Butt Dialling and Strippers
Chapter 50: The Villain in my Book
Chapter 51: Make-up Sex (SMUT)
Chapter 52: Hollywood's Best Gay Actor
Chapter 53: Oliver x Aaron
Chapter 54: The Last Interview
Chapter 55: Boyfriend and Lover
✨Published✨

Chapter 15: Step on me daddy

14.4K 1.3K 770
By letsgohomehidee

A/N: December 2, 2022

It's already December! Time flies. I have some exciting news! On December 7th, Who Let the vamps out? And Who Let the Wolves Out? Are being published as paperbacks! Mark your calendars and set a reminder so you don't miss the release 🥰 An early Christmas gift 💕

Question: what's at the top of your wish list this year?

✏✏✏

Nobody mentioned that the interview would be an interview and a cooking show. Oliver was supposed to bake a pumpkin pie with the show's host.

"Why didn't they tell us earlier?" I asked, enraged. I paced back and forth in the guest room, wondering if Oliver was comfortable with cooking. Did he even know how to cook? Who am I kidding, the man lived on donuts and cheese, there was no way he could cook. "We'll tell them you can't do the show and postpone."

"What do you mean?" Oliver asked calmly, sipping his grape juice.

"Do you know how to cook?"

"I do."

I stopped in my steps and stared at him blankly.

"You do?"

"Sí."

I was tempted to laugh but ignored his random need to speak Spanish, and asked, "Then why don't you cook at home?"

"I like the food you make me," he replied, and my heart pumped fast. "Also, I'm lazy."

I pursed my lips.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I murmured. "I'll talk to the director if you're not comfortable or don't want to do this."

I didn't know why I was so upset. It was just a cooking show. But I didn't know what Oliver liked or disliked, and I didn't want to make him do something he wasn't comfortable doing. One of the side effects of being a personal assistant was becoming overprotective. We inevitably got attached to the people we worked with. No matter what happened, I knew I'd stay by Oliver's side.

I was used to being overprotective, but this felt slightly different. It almost felt personal. Too personal. What's going on with you Daniel?

"It's fine, Daniel," he said, reaching out and holding my hand. It happened so naturally, I didn't realize what he was doing until he gave me a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

I looked up at him and he gave me a warm smile, his dimple making a pleasant appearance. His eyes were clear and kind, his head tilting slightly when he murmured, "We went through all this trouble for this interview. I won't disappoint you."

My chest tightened as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"You'd never disappoint me," I frowned. "No matter what, I'll always stand by your side."

I didn't know why it sounded like a confession. My cheeks grew hot, and he smiled.

"I'm glad." When I didn't reply, he laughed. He gently tousled my hair with his big hands, inclining his head to my height.

"I'll do my best, so don't go anywhere," he winked.

Don't go anywhere.

His answer made my heart flutter, and although I was burning inside, I tried to keep a straight face. Now that I thought about it, we've been holding hands quite frequently. They were short and impulsive, but it happened multiple times. And each time, I never pulled away. Was it normal to have this kind of physical touch with your boss? No, it wasn't. I needed to draw a line before our relationship became even more blurred.

"Oliver-"

"Daniel," he said at the exact same moment. He didn't offer me to speak first, as if he knew what I was about to say.

"Can I tell you something?"

I bit my lower lip. No, Daniel, say no!

"What is it?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm nervous."

"About the interview?"

He shook his head.

"About you."

My eyes widened.

"I don't like being around too many people. Going to the bar to pick you up when you were drunk felt like hell, and I wondered why I went through all that trouble for someone I hardly knew."

Why was he telling me all this so suddenly?

"I'm sorry," I frowned, but he shook his head again.

"I'm not telling you so you can apologize."

"Then why?"

He didn't hesitate when he said, "I'm telling you so you know how much I like you."

My lips parted in shock. I knew Oliver was straightforward, but I didn't think he'd be this straightforward. My heart raced inside my chest that roared with emotions.

"I don't like people, but you..." He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "Shit, I'm getting nervous again."

I'd never heard Oliver swear, but something about his low, frustrated growl was sexy. The air pulsed with tension and I wanted to reach out and... I don't know. Hug him? Kiss him? Touch him? All of the above?

He opened his eyes, his gaze now focused on my lips. The room tilted and my mind was filled with a sudden want. The gap between us almost vanished to nothing until-

There was a knock.

I instinctively jerked my hand away and shoved Oliver in panick. He staggered and hardly caught his balance. I pushed him with so much unnecessarily force that I felt my face flush with embarrassment. But I was caught by surprise and panicked. My heart pulsed like I had done something wrong. I was about to apologize, but the staff interrupted me.

"Mr. Carlson, you're up in ten minutes."

Oliver gave the man a wintry smile, but simply nodded and headed for the door.

"Oliver," I called, and he stopped to look at me. There were so many things I wanted to tell him, but this wasn't the time or place. It could wait for later, so I said, "Good luck."

He blinked. Then one side of his lips kicked up, and the dimples made an appearance.

"Thanks, sweetheart."

My stomach dipped in the most pleasant way possible.

Darn Oliver and his undeniable charm.

***

The interview went better than I had thought. When they were on live TV, Oliver didn't waver at any of the questions. He answered them smoothly and calmly, and he wasn't afraid to admit he didn't know the answer which made the host love him more. There was a live chat at the bottom, and you could see the comments going wild.

That's Oliver Carlson?!

Who is this fine man in a pink suit?

Step on me daddy

I tried not to laugh at the last one. But I did have to admit, Oliver looked striking in a pink suit. He stood out, and in every good way possible. He looked gorgeous, unattainable, and damn sexy. When he removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeves to wash his hands, you could see his broad shoulders and chest, and the veins flowing down his strong arms. It should be illegal to look so effortlessly attractive.

"So when is your next book, Oliver?" The host asked, her eyes dipping to Oliver's arms.

THE HOST IS STARING AT HIS ARMS. I REPEAT, THE HOST IS STARING AT HIS ARMS!!!

She def want him :D

She want that D- *this comment has been censored*

I bit back a smile. Why were they calling out the host like that?

"Your fans have been dying to read another heart throbbing story of yours. You've gone on a break for quite a while now. Did you hit a writer's block?"

✏✏✏

II'll post early if we reach 750 votes 💕✏ We can do it, go go go!!

QUESTION: just a random question, but do you guys get notified when I post?? Because I had messages saying they don't get notified even though the book is in their library 🥲

For now, enjoy these memes ♡ Will see you guys in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.7K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
108K 3.7K 22
Spinoff of 'El Roommate.' Short story. Kinda. Instead of 'catching feelings' for his devilishly handsome roommate, Caleb's interest is caught by an...
7.2K 48 71
when the food is free has a group chat SHIPS INCLUDED: -two hands two stans (obviously 1) -stapoldy (obviously 2) -mentioned past tacobell -(later on...
112K 3.7K 13
It was a quiet evening in Leo's bedroom as he was watching a Netflix series when he heard knocking on his window, it opened up and revealed Oliver, t...