Straight Men Don't Date Alphas

By akamindless

Here he goes again, looking at me like I'm a piece of meat, my boss, my alpha boss is eyeing me. Stop looking... More

I think my boss likes me!
I said I'm a beta
Dinner and Wine
Date me
Center of Gossip
Date under dim lights
For No Reason
Flu or Rut
Dance with an Omega
A Kind of Jealousy
Not a Right Thing to Do
Author Note
Cute Action
Not an update
Birthdays on Fridays
I Accept Your Feelings
Double Date
A One Night Stand?
A true One Night Stand
Small Spoon
Dan
Mania
The Brother
Called but No Answer
A Boring Morning With Sam
The Interview: Part 1
The Interview: Part 2
Take Me to Your Place
On The Bed
A Picture From The Past
Beta Rights
Blind Date
Island
Polaroid
Fear
Beach
Sam Again
The Queen is a Bitch
The Demon
Pizza
Roof
Alpha Slayers

Sam

4.2K 150 64
By akamindless

Sam

As a beta, I'm expected to lead a normal life, as an adult I'm supposed to have a steady income, and as a friend I should be supportive and good to my friends. Well.. I don't do any of that.

I watch Dan at seven in the morning pacing the kitchen back and forth, taking off to the living room where he left his bag and coming back to the kitchen to stare at my face.

All I want to do is to find some painkillers so I can go back to sleep, drinking too much yesterday gave me a major headache and I can't concentrate on dreaming without killing it first.

"Stop doing that, go to work already!!"

"I can't! I can't do that!!"

Dan had a horrifying look on his face, as if seeing a ghost. Well, if he didn't drink so much yesterday his face wouldn't be so ugly today, but it's not my problem.

Wearing his ugly suit again, that striped jacket irritates my eyes, I want to burn it.

He sat on the chair hugging his head with his hands, even though my head is the one that's hurting not his.

"Oh, Sam. I ruined my peaceful days at work forever."

"What did you do? You told that girl Naz that she had a nose job?!"

"I wish, I wish.." He whined.

I lean on the sink and give a disappointment look, if he's not going to talk, he might as well leave before I become fully alert and won't be able to go back to sleep. So I don't press him to talk and after a minute of silence he stood up and left the kitchen, I heard him saying "I'm never going to drink again," before I heard the apartment's door being slammed.

He will drink again, he definitely will. I have known him for many years to know that this guy is irresponsible. Since when drinking in the middle of the week is a problem for him? Unless he made a mistake after I blacked out. Again it's not my problem.

He would usually drink himself to sleep or stay up all night before work, that's the normal for both of us, but Dan wasn't always irresponsible like that, he used to be a good student, a great guy, well he is still a great guy, but he was even better, before meeting his ex JANE, that bitch brought the worst in him.

When I first met him at dorm, he looked like a naïve country boy, still with the greatest personality and confidence. I liked him because he was quite and clean, our room was the cleanest and at night I could sleep soundly cause he was always making sure not to annoy me in any kind, especially when I'm sleeping.

After I got to know him better, I got to know the real him, and even though he felt comfortable enough to annoy me sometimes but I liked that about him too.

And even though I hate to admit it, that Dan boy is a good looking boy, more handsome than me. We barely met each other at college, but whenever a girl from my department knew that I'm his roommate, she would definitely try to get close to me in hopes to get him, he was that popular.

Jane absolutely took his heart from other girls, she was a beauty, I'd say a clever too, maybe she only has social intelligence, I won't deny her that truth, but I also won't deny that she is the reason for making Dan's life a mess.

He was definitely in a toxic relationship, he realized that but stayed out of love. Even after she cheated he decided to live with her, and I don't know what kind of courage he suddenly got to leave her, or maybe she was the one who left, but that was the only good thing that happened to him in years.

After her he changed, Jasper and I were concerned but decided to leave him be, maybe he is now more carefree than he should be, but it's better than to be with Jane.

Jasper said that he is now more like me, while I think he is just going through a phase. For me? I live my life like there is no tomorrow cause I don't care about tomorrow.

What's the use of remembering all of that shit about Dan? I couldn't find any painkillers and I'm not able to sleep, matter of fact I'm feeling sick now.

My mother always reminds me of buying medicines just in case, but I never do that cause I rarely get sick, now I have to go buy some from the drug store.

I put on my jacket over last night's outfit and head out with my bed hair and unwashed face, I immediately go to the elevator even though I know it doesn't work, but I never lose hope.

I doesn't work, so I take my way to the stairs.

"Good morning."

My neighbor who started walking behind me down the stairs greeted me, I nod and move my feet faster to avoid talking to her.

"Hey Sam, my niece is a beautiful beta girl, she is staying with me this weekend, how abo-"

"That's great auntie, good bye." I say as I start to run, and leave the building before her.

I took a ten minutes walk before reaching the drug store, the pharmacist here is a real beautiful blonde woman, she looks like a super model, that's the real reason for why Dan and I don't have medication at home, so we can come here from time to time and bless our eyes with her beauty.

The pharmacy technician gave me the pills in a bag from behind the counter while I kept my eyes on that blonde pharmacist.

"She proposed to her boyfriend yesterday, you know?!"

The technician said and I immediately took my eyes off of her looking at him with an obvious shock on my face.

"SHE proposed?"

"Yeah?! The alpha usually proposes, doesn't matter if she is a she you know?!"

Alpha huh? That's why she is taller than me, not that I'm surprised.

I take the bag and leave the counter, above the entrance door a plasma display tv is installed, I stand below it and watch the news that's been announced.

[What was a dream now is a reality, a seed of love now can blossom between lovers from all genders.]

I heard before of the possibility of babies being born from two males or two females from the same sub gender or even male alpha and male beta, with the help of surrogate mother, I truly believed that it can't be true, but it seems nowadays everything is possible.

On the tv appeared a man that looks like Dan's alpha sugar daddy but with blonde hair, it seems that he's the one who made this dream come true, and sense it's been taking care of by a pharmaceutical company, now I know very well it belongs to the Keens. Damn those rich people living in heaven and making miracles like gods.

I take my leave from the drug store and go to a liquor store, I know I drank too much yesterday, but this news made me think about my book, I don't want to think about it.

I went back to my apartment with two bags containing painkillers and beer cans. On the stairs I met the same neighbor again, she made me stand for ten minutes talking about her niece, obviously trying to set me up with her. I mean can't she see the mess I am in? I'm not suitable for any kind of girls, but it seems that she failed with Dan and me being a beta is enough, I bet her niece is in love with some alpha and her family is trying to change her mind.

My room is dirty, it's been like this for a month, I kind of started to sleep on the couch in the living room, Dan is mad about this but what can I do, I'll make the living room my room until he cleans my bedroom for me.

Opening the tv on a news channel that I don't really care to watch, the noise is what I want, and drinking beer with no mind is my way to forget my sorrows.

I drink in peace, eating a half burger I left in the fridge two days ago and listening to the news that filter through my ears into nothing but noises, I didn't even take the painkillers, but my head doesn't hurt anymore. My eyes feel heavy, I feel full and tired. I lay on the couch and take off my pants, now I feel much better. I feel sleepy.

Betas, my book, about a world where only betas live in, I really want to live in my book.

A door that pursued open shook me up, I jump on my feet and look at its direction. Dan stands there laughing, that crazy son of a bitch.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you drinking in the middle of the day?"

He closed the door behind him and sat on the couch.

"Sam, my life is ten times more interesting with an alpha in it, why don't you write a story about alphas instead of boring betas?"

"Fuck off."

"Mr. Keen invited you to his birthday, you should come with me."

I note my phone on the ground and pick it up, I look at the time and it's five in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I came back from the drug store around 7:30 in the morning, Was I really sleeping before Dan came or just dozing off for a long time?

"What do you say?"

"I don't wanna."

I go to the kitchen to drink some water and Dan follows me.

"Yesterday I kissed mr. Keen."

I look at him with the most 'I don't care' look.

"So?"

"Now he thinks we are official, or maybe we actually are. I don't want to break his heart, I actually don't even know what I want, I think I'm going to go further, I don't fucking know Sam."

"I don't fucking care!"

Does he listen to himself? I didn't understand a single word he said, does he even likes him?

"No you owe me this, I don't want to go alone."

"I don't owe you shit!"

"I'll clean your room."

"Okay."

"Great, it's on November 10th, clear your already cleared schedule."

AN:

I decided to make mr. Keen's birthday on the same date as mine, cause why not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 175 22
Its all start at a cafe where y/n works..rindou eyes met her...y/n thought he will love her until the end.. but it was the opposite. SORRY IF MY ENGL...
19K 1K 28
" I thought you said that for real" Jimin said while tears were flowing down through his cheeks. Jimin is a well studying student who transferred to...
146K 7.9K 45
ORIGINALLY THIS STORY WAS: Assassin 006 A man who knows only to kill and live in a cell is suddenly sent on a mission to murder a famous mafia boss...
190K 7.3K 23
To a pack Elders are very important because they are wise, strong and they were very few. To a pack an Alpha is everything because he is their lead...