OMARI: When He Wakes

By AlaskanRookie

After taking the last step off the Hospital Roof, Sunny wakes up in what seems to be a different reality. One... More

(2) Fading, MARI, and HELLSUNNY
(3) The ENDLESS FIELD, Orchids, and A Promise
(4) A Picnic, A Camera, and Numbness
(5) Together Again
(6) Morning, Recovery, and Orange Joe
(7) Pancakes, Coffee, and Tea
(8) Suprise Visit, Catching Up, and Outside
(9) School, OTHER LIBRARY, and Faint Memories
(10) Into Your Dreams...
(11) The Chase, a Dream, and a Snap
(Updates and QnA)
(12) Afterschool, Chatting, and The Reaper
(13) Bargaining, Circumstance, and Returning
(14) Revival, KEL, and a Text
(15) Left on Read
(16) Rushing, Reunion, and Retelling
(17) Pain, Panic, and Moving Forward
(18) Coming To, Caretaker, and First Steps
(19) Hugs, Baby Carrots, and Medicine
(20) Homeward Bound
(21) Prepping, Home, and MEWO
(22) A Call, Fried Tofu, and Sandwhiches
(10K Views and QnA)
(23) Stairs, Bed, and Fractured
(24) A Orchid, Dreamers, and BASIL(?)
(25) Recital Day...
(26) Breakfast, Planning, and MOM
(27) Mother, Son, and...
(28) Father, SISTER, and a Surprise

(1) The Truth, Guilt, and The Jump

1.8K 48 22
By AlaskanRookie

He did it

He finally told them. SUNNY finally told his friends the truth about what happened 4 years ago. The truth that tore his friends apart, and lead to him escaping into his own mind for so long. Too long. The entire time, he didn't have the heart to look then in the eyes as he spoke, but he made sure that they finally learn the truth.

He thought he was prepared for what came next, he knew he deserved everything that was about to happened, far worse he believed. He took a deep breath in, and finally looked up to them... he felt just as mortified as when he saw MARI hanging off of the tree. So much panic, and fear filled his heart as he saw their reactions...

The regret in their eyes, the anger and confusion after the truth was revealed, the anger behind their pale eyes as they stared in shock and horror at SUNNY.

KEL was in disbelief, confused and taken aback, not knowing how to respond at all to any of this. AUBREY was filled with anger, pure and utter rage as she stared at SUNNY with clenched fists and grit teeth. HERO was...empty. His expression was shocked, but he was staring at SUNNY with such an empty, distraught look. Like he couldn't believe the horror he had just heard.

The room was silent for what felt like forever after the confession, but KEL was the first to break it. He gulped before trying his best to smile, his voice shaken and weary.

KEL: "W-Wait, SUNNY... this... this is just a joke right? Y-You're only joking, right? B-Becauss this isn't funny. Theres... no way you would... do that... right?"

SUNNY'S eye was shaking, trying to look at KEL, but not having the strength to look him on the eyes. He felt his arms start to curl up, fists weakly clenching as he was holding his chest as he felt his heart and his head ache. He didn't have OMORI to keep his emotions at bay anymore, finally letting 4 years of regret and anguish loose as his eyes welled with tears.

The dead face he always had was crumbling, his breathing growing rapid as he clenched gown tightly. Everything was coming back to him at once, filling him with too many emotions and overwhelming his mind. He couldn't speak, barely able to stutter, his mind feeling so full of countless thoughts yet so empty at once.

Before he could even attempt to say anything, AUBREY had already reeled back her hand and smacked him across the face with all her might. It made him fall to the floor as the pure shock of it all left him with a blank stare.

KEL: "A-AUBREY!"

SUNNY slowly looked towards her, his pale face turning red from the hit as he saw so much anger in her eyes. Her breath was heavy through her teeth, looking down to him as she clenched her fists, digging her nails into her palm.

AUBREY: "Four. Years... For four years, you two... lied to us?! Making us think that she-!" She couldn't even finish her sentence, shutting her eyes tight as she looked at the ground. "How could you..." She looked back to BASIL on the hospital bed before throwing her head up, staring furiously at SUNNY. "How could you do that to us- to MARI!?"

HERO still had an empty stare, but he looked so distraught when AUBREY asked that, holding his hands to his mouth as he stepped back. He looked so betrayed and broken, so much going through his mind as SUNNY looked over to him, their eyes locking as his heart ached even harder.

SUNNY grit his teeth and clenched more at his chest, but AUBREY quickly grabbed him by the collar of his hospital gown and slammed him against the wall. KEL was the only one to flinch, holding his hands out, seeing them shake tremendously before pulling then back to his chest, his entire body now trembling.

AUBREY: "You... You're sick... You're fucking sick!" She slammed him into the wall again without an ounce of remorse. "Why... Why?! Why did you two do it?! Tell me! Tell me right now, SUNNY!"

SUNNY opened his mouth, but words were lost on him. So much going through his mind, overstimulating him entirely as he stared at her with a horrified expression. He couldn't say anything, and even if he could, he had no idea what to tell her. To tell them.

He was lost, on the verge of panicking before feeling AUBREY'S grip tighten on his collar. She raised her fist and looked right at him, staring with raw hatred burning in her eyes. But he didn't flinch, simply trembling in her grasp as he stared at her with pale eyes. SUNNY knew that this is what he deserved. What someone like him deserved for doing something so unforgivable and cruel. He didn't try to stop her, accepting whatever she wanted to do to him as he kept staring her in the eyes.

AUBREY grit her teeth with such furiosity, her nails digging deeper into her palm as her fist trembled in place. She was ready to strike the one responsible for everything without a shred of remorse... and yet, the tears kept flowing from her eyes. She kept frowning at him with intent in her eyes, but her fist never moved.

KEL was still trembling as she was about to strike her, trying to muster up the strength to grab her arm, but he was too shaken to do anything. HERO looked at SUNNY, too busy trying to wrap his head around all this to say anything.

Finally, AUBREY did something, and threw him against the wall. SUNNY didn't even blink, looking forward with a mortified expression before he slowly turned his head to AUBREY. She was crying profusely, looking down at him like she wanted to make him pay for the 4 years of lies and betrayal. Her breathing was heavy and loud, tears falling from her face as she spoke, loud and clearly.

AUBREY: "She... MARI... She loved you... She loved US! We all loved her! KEL, HERO, ME! And you... you and HIM just... took her away from us!" She stepped forward, getting right in his face as she shouted. "Did you even love her?!"

KEL: "AUBREY! Thats enough!"

SUNNY'S eye dilated. Nothing could have prepared him for that question. Of course he loved her, she was his sister, his entire world. She was always there for him. She loved him. She was the most important person in the world to him. But... then he thought... if he really did love her... then why would he...

He felt broken, in complete and utter anguish as he looked at the floor. He didn't know what to say. He knew he loved MARI, but if he really did, then why did he do it? Why did he push her down the stairs? Why did he ruin everyone's lives by doing something so unforgivably cruel? If he loved MARI...why did he kill her?

AUBREY saw SUNNY staring blankly at the floor, enraged at his lack of a response. Letting out a frustrated groan, she rushed out the door without hesitating or looking back. Sniffling could be heard as she wiped the tears off her cheek. KEL held out a hand as she ran off, slowly putting it down as he looked away.

HERO had finally began to move, slowly making his way towards the exit as KEL held out his trembling hand once more, clenching his teeth as tears formed at the corner of his eyes. HERO stopped at the doorway, standing right beside SUNNY, slowly looking down at him

SUNNY was trembling profusely, barely keeping it together as he was on the verge of absolutecollapsing mentally. Everything made his heart and his head ache harder. He got snapped out of it as soon as he heard HERO'S raspy, trembling voice.

HERO: "SUNNY..." He looked him right in the eyes, not even bothering to wipe his tears as they kept flowing. Grasping at his chest, he had a look of dread that he would remember for as long as he lived. "How... could you...?"

With such a simple question, SUNNY felt his heart break, going limp as his head knocked against the wall. HERO just staring at the floor while he was struggling not to break down then and there. KEL watched his brother leave with the same look he had the year MARI died, tears falling down his face as the memories of that year flooded back to him.

KEL: "No no no no- HERO! Wait, I-" He stopped and looked at SUNNY, quickly looking away with visual conflicting on his face "... SUNNY, I-I..." He gulp3d before getting on his knee and hesitantly placed his hand on his shoulder "Just... Just give us some time. I'll... I'll be back, okay? J-Just... stay here...please." He got up and rushed towards HERO and AUBREY, sniffling and wiping his eyes as he called out their names.

SUNNY was unresponsive, simply staring into nothing as KEL ran off. He finally let go of his chest, his hand limply smacking against the tiled floor. But his head was now ringing loudly, a stinging pain surging through it after everything that just went down.

Yet he didn't react. His vision blurred and his mind went numb, those looks from everyone and their questions repeating in his mind. It was so easy to answer, but the more he thought about it... the more he questioned... if he really did love MARI... and why he would do such a thing if he did...

-------------------------

It wasn't long after everything had happened that BASIL had finally woke up, groaning lightly as his eyes adjusted to the hospital lights. He couldn't remember where he was or why he was there, simply confused as his entire body ached.

When he could finally see slightly better, he looked around slowly to regain his surroundings, until his tired eyes went to SUNNY. He was sitting against the wall, still contemplating everything as his empty stare was stuck to the white tiled floor.

BASIL: " ...S-Sunny...? Is that... you?" He could only recognizing him from his hair and unable to see how he looked or the expression he had.

Hearing BASIL'S voice, he slowly looked up, his pupil faded with a hollow expression. But seeing him awake had actually given the distraught boy a weak smile, getting up slowly as he hobbled his way towards the bed. He grabbed BASIL'S hand and spoke in a very tired voice.

SUNNY: "BASIL... You're awake." He leaned forward and gently hugged BASIL. "Thank goodness...."

BASIL didn't have the strength to hug him back, but he gave a meek smile to him, looking up to him before his relief soon turned to deep concern. Everything had came back to him about what lead up to this, their fight, BASIL seeing SOMETHING... stabbing SUNNY'S eye out. It had been bleeding so much, already soaking through the bandage, like it was still fresh.

BASIL: "O-Oh my god, your eye... I... " Remembering what he had done, BASIL began to cry, sniffling as SUNNY pulled back "SUNNY, I-Im so sorry, I didn't- I mean, I-I just-"

SUNNY: "BASIL" He interrupted quickly, stopping his apology. "... I told them...everything. I told them the truth... they know... everything that happened..."

BASIL'S eyes widened, mustering the strength to sit himself up as he kept his eyes on SUNNY

BASIL: "R-Really...? They... know everything?"

SUNNY slowly looked up to BASIL, his expression unchanged even as he saw the black tendrils of his SOMETHING surrounding him. BASIL had tears welling up, staring at SUNNY with anticipation for his answer. He respond with a slow nod, his hollow smile still put on as he did.

BASIL looked at his trembling hands before closing his eyes, exhaling in relief. His SOMETHINGS tendrils that surrounded him had slowly faded away the more his smile grew, relief heard in his voice as he held onto SUNNY'S hands

BASIL: "I'm... relieved. I'm so relieved..." He sniffles and wiped his eye, looking up to SUNNY with a smile. But his fleeting moment of relief soon faded, his expression changing to concern as his eyes adjusted. He saw SUNNY up close... his face was so pale, and his pupil was shallow and full of grief. But he wasn't crying, despite looking so distraught while putting on such a empty smile. "SUNNY? Are...Are you-"

SUNNY: "BASIL..." He moved his hand from BASIL'S to his shoulder, gently laying him back down "I'm... going back to my room... You should get some rest. WE should rest. We should just... sleep"

It was a shock to BASIL when he suddenly said this, but felt his eyes getting heavier right after, so he nodded. SUNNY came closer, and began hugging him tightly, as tight as he could with his arms fully wrapped around him as he sighed.

BASIL was caught off guard by this, especially with how tightly he held him. But he returned the favor, arms weakly wrapped around him as he rested his head on SUNNY'S shoulder. It was a somber moment between the two, so many years away from each other now broken, under the worse of circumstances. But they were together nonetheless.

But for a brief moment, he heard SUNNY have a shiver in his breath, like he was ready to cry but stopped himself. It made BASIL look to him with concern, but before he could speak up, he had already pulled away from the hug. SUNNY put his hand on BASIL'S shoulder again, this time trembling lightly as SUNNY looked BASIL in the eye with a weary, joyless smile.

SUNNY: "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry for everything... But it's going to be okay now, BASIL. I... I promise... Goodbye..."

BASIL was anxious, panic rising steadily in his chest as SUNNY said that and slowly walk out of the room. The look he had when he told him goodbye... the way he made it sound like they wouldn't see each other after... he didn't know how to feel other than terrified. Fear built rapidly in his heart as his mind was racing a mile a minute. They had just gotten a chance to finally reunite after far too lont, anr the thought of losing SUNNY again...

BASIL: "S-SUNNY... wait..." He said meekly, his voice trembling as struggled to speak up.

He wanted to get up, mustering all the strength he could to get out of the bed, but his arms couldn't stop trembling before sitting back down. His breathing grew quick and rapid, looking at SUNNY as he limped down the hallway.

His eyes had finally readjusted, and what he saw when he looked to SUNNY...shook him to his core. In front of him was... SOMETHING, the very thing he tried to kill the night prior. It was staring right at him, barely a few feet ahead as if it were guiding him. Right to the stairs... past SUNNY'S hospital room, completely avoiding it. And then... it stared right at BASIL.

He completely froze, goosebumps riddled his body as he went pale, his fist clenched tightly as his left hand kept rapidly pressing the nurse call button on his bedside. Tears fell down his cheek as he kept going, feeling helpless as the fear and paranoia from 4 years ago came back to hit him like a train.

There he was, alone, terrified, and helpless, just like all those years after the incident. He felt like he was going to lose SUNNY again... for good.

-------------------------

The stairs seemed to never end, every step SUNNY took felt like another step had been added. But he kept climbing, limping his way to the top, simply staring ahead as SOMETHING was leading him. Where, he didn't know, but it had his full attention, taking him further and further.

SUNNY couldn't think straight, his mind going numb as everything that just happened to him hit all at once. His friends despised him, his heart broken, his ears ringing with a pounding headache. And that question... it made him doubt everything he thought he knew.

He kept walking

OMORI would have repressed those thoughts for him, but ever since he defeated him, he had to bear the weight of it all by himself. Carrying that weight wherever he went, knowing he'll be alone now that the truths been revealed, convincing himself he never deserves forgiveness...

He kept walking

It was so much, too much for him to bear. He couldn't handle the thought knowing the only people he had left of his once happy life hated him more than anything. But how couldn't they? He was the absolute worst, taking away their joy and love and keeping the truth hidden for years.

Years of convincing himself it was okay, that he didn't have to remember the truth, pushing it down and even trying to forget it. But he could never forget now, he would remember everything every time he was alone, realizing it was because he was the absolute worst. How could he atone for this? Was there even any way to make it up to everyone he's wronged for too long? Was there-

. . .

He didn't even realize it, but he had already made it to the rooftop of the Hospital. The breeze slid gently off his pale skin as he felt cold air fill his lungs. Looking around, he didn't see anyone or thing up there with him, beginning to wonder why he was even coming up there in the first place.

That's when he looked forward, seeing SOMETHING there... floating over the edge of the building. A section of the guard rails was broken, leading directly off the side of the rooftop. It was just floating there... both looking at each other directly before it began to move.

Not breaking eye contact, it backed away from SUNNY, further and further off the side as its eye began to shake violently. SUNNY then had a intense headache, one he would physically react to and shut his eye tightly, holding his head as he almost fell over. The ringing in his ears became almost unbearable, Sunny wincing in pain before it slowly faded.

The pain left as quickly as it came, SUNNY taken aback by the suddenness of it all. It took him a few seconds to regain himself, finally standing back up and lifting his head. Right before his eyes... was "MARI". Floating over the edge of the building, looking just how she did the day she left him. No... the day he took her away from everyone. He couldn't see her eyes, but what he did see was her loving smile.

His eye widened, left speechless at such a jarring sight. A warm feeling filled his heart, seeing her smile at him was something he could only see in his memories, but here she was. Such warm and welcoming look, he had started to feel at ease for the first time for so long. He couldn't find a way to say anything, too starstruck as his tired eye had began to leak heavy tears.

Only stutters came out when he tried to talk, stopping himself and trying so hard to say something, anything. But before he could bring himself to that, MARI had broken the silence.

"MARI": "Do you love me?"

SUNNY'S heart sunk after hearing that question again, asked by "MARI" herself. That made it so much worse for him, stumbling over his words, mind racing endlessly to try and answer her.

SUNNY: "A-Ah- Gnh, I-I-... I..." He began breathing heavily, the cold air filling his chest as he grabbed at the sides of his hair. So much confliction in his mind, both answers sounding right and wrong, he didn't know how to-

"MARI": "If you love me... then jump. "

SUNNY stepped back, almost falling over from shock when he heard her. His heart had ached tremendously, hearing his own sister tell him this. He didn't know how long he stood there, her words echoing in his mind before he limped over towards the edge. Further and further he went, until his toes were hanging off the side. He looked over the edge, seeing just how high he actually was...

It was a long way down...

His eyes scales up to "MARI" slowly, her smile filled with such care and love, even after telling him something like that. Like it hadn't even phased her to tell him that...

SUNNY: "...If..." His lip quivered as he finally found his voice "If I do this... would... " He looked at her with eyes filled with regret and sorrow, the wind making his gown and hair jostle in the wind "Would it make you happy... MARI...?" His voice was weak and shaken, ready to wail out and cry when he asked her that. "MARI" didn't hesitate

"MARI": "Of course! Nothing would make me happier!" She floated right up to his face, leaning forward, speaking right into his ear. "You deserve it after all."

Nothing.

That's all he felt after hearing those words. His expression was so hollow, his heart empty, and his mind went numb. And that's when everything made sense to him... he did deserve it. Someone like him deserves this kind of fate. And if "MARI" herself thought so... then it must be true.

Even before "MARI" told him, he subconsciously knew he would come to this conclusion. That's why he said goodbye to BASIL. Why he completely avoided his hospital room. Why he followed SOMETHING in the first place. It was all so clear, "MARI" telling him this only confirmed it.

He just needed to jump, and he'll make everything better. His friends wouldn't have to be angry, he'll pay for what he had done, and most importantly... he'll make MARI happy. Right... he's doing this for MARI... to make her finally rest in peace...

His vision went obscured, a faded black outline filling his view, the whole world feeling like it was in slow motion, almost stopping all together completely. White Hands emerged from nothing, wrapping their fingers around his limbs and neck, like they were pulling him forward. This barely phased him, his mind already made up as he looked down the side of the Hospital, teetering at the edge. His mind was so clouded and panicked before, but now, it couldn't have been any more clear.

"MARI" held out her hand, still smiling as black tendrils coming from the side of the building and grabbing his feet. SUNNY felt his world trembling, not fighting back against everything that was against him, letting their embrace engulf him as the ringing in his ear peaked, staring directly at the ground below...

His vision returned to normal in an instant, everything he saw disappeared as he let himself go limp. He went over the edge, staring directly at the ground as he let his body fall. The ground was rapidly getting closer to him, the wind roaring against his body as it descended.

Even with how quickly the world was flashing by him as he fell, it had felt like forever until he would reach the ground. His mind filled with everything that had happened the past 4 years, how he hurt all of his friends, took everything from them, ruined all of their lives... took MARI away from them. MARI... he wanted nothing more than to change what happened, to make it right. He would have done anything to save her and make sure her and her friends got to live the lives they deserved...

4 years of regret, pain, and sorrow plagued his mind, everything he experienced flashing in front of him all at once. MARI was at the center of it all, the moment she fell down the stairs... the day his world had become so empty. He reached out to her, tears flying off of his cheek, trying to save her.

His vision was getting filled with a blinding white light, the ground being engulfed by it as the ringing had pierced his ears. Every emotion he felt had built up as he saw himself get closer and closer to MARI'S hand, almost touching it until suddenly-

...He felt peace. He embraced the white light, closing his eye as the piercing ringing faded away. He had atoned for all the pain he had caused everyone, he felt made MARI happy, and after so long, it had finally felt like everything would actually be okay...

. . .

In the midst of his peace, he could hear something... a voice. It sounded so... familiar. It was so faint, but the longer he listened, the louder it became.

"... NNY... "

We're they... calling out to him? Why... Why now? What would anyone want to do with him anymore?

"... UNNY...!"

Who would want to talk to him? How... could anyone talk to him now? He didn't know... until it had shouted at him clearly, as clear as day.

"SUNNY!!"

It had been so long since he had heard this voice, but even still... he recognized it distinctly... it had sounded... just like-

MARI: "SUNNY!!-"

.

.

.

-------------------------

CHAPTER 1: END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.8K 29
TLDR; BadEnding!Sunny goes to OMARI Alternate Universe After SUNNY jumps off the roof of the hospital building, he wakes up back in the past on the d...
13.1K 368 9
!!This fanfic has MAJOR spoilers from Omori!! Kel is entering high school again with his friends. As little time goes on, the feelings he had for Sun...
76.1K 2.7K 109
Hero, Kel, Aubrey, and Basil know that the dream world they are in is not their own. Who is Omori? Why does he look like Sunny? And why is Mari there.
60.2K 1.6K 22
what if Sunny never had to move, never got over Mari, never told his friends the Truth, it was all the same. Every. Single. ...