𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 ―...

נכתב על ידי -JASONSGRACE

we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in... עוד

disclaimer
state of grace
epigraph
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
author's note
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
author's note
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
SEQUEL

FIFTY

3.3K 157 44
נכתב על ידי -JASONSGRACE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FIFTY
for the boy that has everything . . .

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"WELL, SURE, THERE'S a bit of a risk," Thawne insisted from his cell, coming through the screens.

Juliet rolled her eyes, settling herself against Barry's chest more comfortably. They had all gathered back in the cortex to confront Thawne about what Professor Stein had found, and sure enough, Thawne seemed to not care at all that he could destroy the world — his only focus was getting back home.

"I would hardly refer to possibly causing an extinction-level event as a bit of risk," Professor Stein argued.

"Yeah, and your Accelerator's been about as reliable as the beater I drove in high school," Joe added.

Thawne chuckled. "Let me ask you a question. How many Metahumans, how many dangers have we faced this year together? Or did you forget that was me fighting alongside each and every one of you? I have been planning this for almost two decades. It will work."

"And how do we make sure we don't open a black hole in the middle of Central City?" Cisco asked.

"So, once the wormhole stabilizes, Barry will have one minute and fifty-two seconds to alter the past and return to this time."

Juliet's mouth fell open in shock at that, and she let out an incredulous scoff. What the actual fuck? That little time?

"If and when he does that, you can close the wormhole, and we can all live happily ever after," Thawne continued. "Almost two minutes. More than enough time to save Nora."

"But not enough time to stop you from going home?" Barry questioned.

He spread his hands. "Everything's a choice."

"And what if I'm late?"

"You won't be. I believe in you, Barry. Always have. So I guess the question is, do your friends and family believe in you as much as I do?"

Caitlin then reached up and turned off the screens, completely getting Thawne away from their faces and stopping their conversation completely. Barry shook his head and removed himself from Juliet's side, heading in the direction of the treadmill room. Juliet frowned and immediately followed him, probably knowing better than anyone what was going through his mind.

Juliet walked into the room, softly shutting the door behind her. Barry was standing by the treadmill, and once his eyes set on her, he extended his arms and let out a humorless laugh. Juliet crossed her arms across her chest and walked towards him, a knowing expression on her face.

"So—" Barry began.

"I know," Juliet cut in. "You'll turn to dust if you don't run fast enough, but if you do and you don't make the window of one minute and fifty-two seconds, a black hole will form and literally eat all of Central City and possibly the world." She gave him a small smile. "You've got quite the challenge here, Barry Allen."

He sighed. "You told me to do what I want. And I want to see my mom again, but . . . is this really for the best?"

"Would you like me to tell you the truth or lie to you to make you feel better?"

"The truth, please."

She cleared her throat for a moment. "There's a lot of risks. Like, a lot. But like I said before, all I've ever wanted is for you to be happy. If you're willing to take the risks, then go ahead. But I can't deny that I'm scared and worried for you. I just never told you because you finally have a chance to help your mom."

"No, I knew," Barry replied, making Juliet blink. "Because while you're worrying about me, I'm worrying about you. That's the way it's always been." Barry shook his head and let out a deep breath. "J, do you think I can do this? Like, really do this? Be fast enough and save my mom?"

"I do," Juliet immediately agreed. "Barry, I've seen you run. You can be fast enough. You are fast enough."

Barry's eyes filled with tears, and Juliet felt a pang in her chest. She walked closer to the treadmill and sat down next to Barry. Juliet immediately placed one hand on his back, rubbing it softly, while leaning their heads together. Barry let out a breath of content and leaned their heads together a little more.

"I've dreamed my whole life about this," Barry admitted. "Saving my mom, freeing my dad, but . . . I just never thought I would have to lose so much to do that."

Juliet's eyebrows knit in thought. "What do you mean?"

"Ever since that night, I've just been so focused on everything that I lost that I didn't realize what I've gained. I got a second father, I got a sister — well, two." He picked his head up, looking over at her into her eyes. "I got a future wife. And I don't think I can lose all of that, especially you."

"Hey, come on," Juliet protested softly. She reached her other hand up, wiping away a tear on his cheek with her thumb, and Barry leaned into her hand. "You're not losing anyone, I promise. Ever."

She leaned up and pressed a quick kiss to his forehead. Barry shut his eyes and his head fell forwards, settling into her neck. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Juliet put his arms around him too and pulled him in tight.

The two of them sat there, wrapped up into each other, until it reached the moment for Juliet to help Caitlin. Ronnie had told Caitlin that he wanted to marry her officially this time, so they set up preparations to have a small ceremony outside of S.T.A.R. Labs. Professor Stein was going to officiate the ceremony, and Caitlin had asked Juliet to help her get ready.

Juliet sat in front of Caitlin in Cisco's workshop — which wasn't exactly the most ideal place for a bride to get ready, but it would have to do. Caitlin had already gotten her dress, and Juliet had pinned some of her hair back with a pearl clip that matched her earrings and her necklace. She was just now applying some makeup to Caitlin's face, which was the finishing touches.

"How are you feeling?" Juliet questioned, putting some blush on Caitlin's cheeks.

"Ready," Caitlin answered. "Nervous."

"I would assume." She put the blush brush down and grabbed the lipstick. "Weddings are stressful . . . so I've heard."

"Well, this'll be you one day." Caitlin got a twinkle in her eyes. "Juliet Allen."

Juliet let out a small laugh, reaching forwards and putting the lipstick on Caitlin's lips. "Still can't believe it. It doesn't feel real." She focused for a moment on making sure her lipstick was perfect before closing the tube. "Okay, you're all set. I think they're waiting for us outside."

"Caitlin Raymond," Caitlin announced. "I like the sound of that."

Juliet smiled brightly and offered the bouquet of yellow flowers to Caitlin. "Let's get you married."

Caitlin took the flowers from her. Together, the two of them went outside, where Professor Stein, Ronnie, Barry, Joe, Iris, Eddie, and Cisco were all waiting. Juliet trailed behind Caitlin under the sunshine, her heart warming when she saw Ronnie's love-struck expression when he saw Caitlin. She stopped next to Barry, taking his outstretched hand and lacing their fingers together.

"If it's all right with everyone, I'd, uh, like to skip all the Hebrew," Professor Stein stated. "I've learned a lot about merging one's life with another this past year. Yet, for all the incredible advancements in science we've all been party to, the mystery that brings two people together through love is still the province of magic. Mr. Ramon, the rings please."

Cisco rummaged through his pocket for a moment. As he did so, Caitlin looked at Juliet and held out her hand. Juliet took back the flowers and held them as Cisco kneeled dramatically next to the couple with the rings in his palm. Caitlin and Ronnie each took a ring, and Cisco went back to his spot next to Eddie. Caitlin slipped the ring onto Ronnie's finger before he slipped the other onto hers.

"I owe you a real ring," Ronnie said.

"I don't need one," Caitlin responded. "I have everything and everyone that I could ever need right here. And . . . if all the events of the past year have led us to this moment, it was worth it. I love you, Ronnie."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," Professor Stein announced. "You may kiss the bride."

Ronnie looked at him. "Stop telling me what to do."

He then took Caitlin's face in his hands and kissed her. Juliet grinned in excitement and held the yellow flowers closer to her chest. She then looked up at her boyfriend, her heart practically soaring from the whole thing. It only stopped when she noticed the conflicted expression on his face. Juliet tugged on his hand to get his attention, and he snapped out of it, placing a smile on his face for her.

The moment had finally come — Barry knew what he had to do, and the time machine for Thawne was built. Juliet had gotten in her suit just in case anything went wrong, but her mask was off. She leaned against the wall in the pipeline, her heart feeling a little heavy. Caitlin, Cisco, Joe, Iris, and Eddie were there as well while Professor Stein and Ronnie were in the cortex.

Caitlin stepped up to Barry first, tears in her eyes. Barry hugged her tightly for a moment before letting go. Caitlin stepped back, and Cisco walked up to him.

"Okay, there are gonna be three yous back there — the you from the future who saved younger you from the Reverse Flash and now you you," Cisco explained. "Remember, wait until future you gets younger you out of there, and then you can go and save your mom."

Barry smiled. "Piece of cake."

Cisco put a hand on his arm. "May the Speed Force be with you."

Barry turned around and placed a hand on Joe's shoulder. "Goodbye, Dad."

Juliet felt tears prick at the back of her eyes at that one. How was she not supposed to cry if he said some shit like that?

Joe reached forwards and took Barry into his arms. "Goodbye, son."

Barry pulled back from Joe and focused his attention on the girl next to him. "Iris—"

"You don't have to say anything," Iris insisted. "I already know." Iris put her hands on either side of his face and pressed up onto her toes, kissing his forehead gently. "I hope whatever life you get, it's enough for you. That it makes you happy."

"You too."

Barry nodded once at Eddie before looking at the girl he had saved purposefully for last. Juliet's heart beat against her chest as he walked up to her, just like it always did when he was around her.

Juliet gave him a watery smile, tears shining in her eyes because she could not control her emotions right now. "Hey, honey."

"My everything," Barry began. "Who am I without you?"

She sniffled. "A loser."

"Exactly." He shook his head. "The correct answer is that I'm nothing without you, because we're forever lovers. We'll find each other again. We'll always find each other."

Juliet felt a tear drip down her cheek. "I love you."

He put his gloved hands on either side of her face, and Juliet reached up, holding onto his arms. "I love you more."

"Not possible."

Barry then dipped his head down at the same time Juliet leaned up. Their lips met in the middle, sharing a kiss that had way more meaning than any of their other ones — well, besides their first one. After a couple long moments, they parted, staring up at each other lovingly. Barry pressed another kiss to her cheek before dropping his hands and backing away from her. Juliet immediately missed his touch.

Cisco opened up the door to the Particle Accelerator, and Barry entered it, standing on the long platform. Barry looked back, sharing one last glance with Juliet. Juliet grinned softly at him and waved a little, getting every last glimpse of him as the door finally shut.

She swallowed back a sob that built in her throat and turned around, starting to lead the way out of the pipeline. Iris immediately put a comforting arm around her shoulders, and it stayed like that all the way until they reached the cortex.

"Remember, Mr. Allen, assuming you achieve the proper velocity and open the wormhole, you will only have one minute and fifty-two seconds to save your mother and return," Professor Stein told him. "Or else . . ."

"I know," Barry replied.

"I'm gonna be sick," Juliet muttered so quietly that only Iris could hear. "Jesus Christ."

The diagram then showed that Barry started to run around the ring. Juliet followed it with her eyes.

"The Accelerator's structural integrity is holding," Ronnie reported.

Suddenly, the whole building shook. Juliet looked up towards the ceiling, as if it would suddenly magically tell her what happened.

"What was that?" Joe asked. "Is Barry okay?"

"Yeah," Cisco answered. "He just passed Mach Two."

"Holy shit," Juliet commented. "He's doing it."

After a few more moments went by, the coffee in Professor Stein's mug started to suspend in midair — the telltale sign that time travel was involved. That meant it was working.

"Inject the hydrogen particle now," Professor Stein instructed.

Cisco pressed a button in the keyboard. Instantly, on the diagram on the computer, another dot — the hydrogen particle — appeared. Juliet's stomach twisted as the diagram zoomed it, showing the collision between Barry and the particle.

"What's that?" Iris questioned in panic. "What happened?"

"Barry — he's gone," Caitlin responded.

"Look," Cisco insisted.

"The wormhole," Professor Stein voiced. Sure enough, on the screen, it showed a wormhole, and it said it was stable. "And it's stable. Start the clock."

Caitlin pressed on the keyboard, successfully starting the clock of one minute and fifty-two seconds.

Juliet stared out, hoping that someway, somehow, Barry could hear her. "You got this, baby."

When the fifty-two seconds had passed, which felt like the longest fifty-two seconds of Juliet's life, Professor Stein finally cut through the tense silence inside the cortex.

"I believe it's time to say goodbye to Harrison Wells," Professor Stein said.

"Oh, thank God," Juliet let out.

Together, her, Cisco, and Joe went back down to the Particle Accelerator. The time machine they had built was already there, glowing blue. Juliet glared at Eobard Thawne's figure in his yellow Reverse Flash suit. Joe had his gun pointed at him, but Juliet had red energy traveling between her fingertips, which probably would do a lot more than bullets.

"It's beautiful," Thawne told them. "Rip Hunter would be impressed. He built the first one of these. Interesting man."

"Who the fuck is that?" Juliet inquired tiredly. "And what kind of name is Rip? God, the future's weird."

Suddenly, the wormhole glowed brighter, and something flew out of it. Juliet's eyebrows knit in confusion at the sound of metal clanging against the floor. She looked down by her feet, only to see a silver metal hat with gold wings laying there.

"Now what the hell is that?" Joe asked.

"That's my cue to leave," Thawne revealed. He then walked up to Cisco, and Juliet held out her hand a little more, watching him carefully. "Thank you, Cisco."

"Don't ever come back," Cisco insisted.

His eyes then slid over to Juliet. "And Juliet—"

"Don't you dare say a fucking word to me," Juliet protested. She nodded her head over to the time machine. "Get out of here."

Thawne did as he was told, walking up to the time machine and sitting in the chair. He pressed a button, and he enclosed himself. Juliet let the energy extinguish from her fingertips, watching as the time machine lifted off of the ground from Thawne pressing another button. The time machine turned around so he was facing the wormhole.

"Thirty seconds," Professor Stein announced.

Thawne stared at the wormhole in awe. "Home."

However, the wormhole started to glow yellow. Juliet's head snapped over to it, only to see a figure in a red suit flying out of the wormhole, their fist outstretched. Her mouth fell open in shock as Barry completely shattered the entire. Juliet slammed against the floor from the force, but when she did, she pressed up onto her hands and looked at her boyfriend in shock.

"You didn't save her," Thawne noticed. "Why?" He picked up a broken piece of glass from the time machine and threw it at the wall, shattering it even more. "Why? You could have had the life you wanted. You could have had everything you ever wanted!"

Barry's eyes flickered to Juliet for a second. "I already do."

Thawne then pulled his hood over his head. Instantly, he started to vibrate and his eyes glowed red. Juliet groaned in pain from her fall as she pushed herself to stand up, blinking some of the black spots out of her vision.

"Not for long," Thawne threatened.

Instantly, Barry and Thawne sped off, a mixture of yellow and red lightning. Juliet tried to follow them with her eyes, holding her hands out, but her brain couldn't focus in super speed. The wormhole inside the Particle Accelerator closed as well, probably due to somebody cutting the power.

Thawne then grabbed Barry by the neck, slamming him up against the wall. He held his hand back, which was vibrating. Juliet's eyes widened and she held her hand out, completely freezing Thawne in his place. She put every ounce of her concentration on him.

"Just so we're clear, when Juliet's powers fail her, which they will, I'm going to kill you, and after I kill you, I'm going to kill them," Thawne voiced. "And then I'm going to kill your father. I always win, Flash."

Juliet was just about to throw Thawne to the side when a gunshot echoed throughout the Accelerator. She dropped her concentration in shock, which made Thawne fall, which in turn made Barry fall. Juliet's head snapped over, only to see Eddie standing there, a gun in his hand and a wound straight through his heart.

"No!" Juliet screamed, tears instantly springing to her eyes.

"Eddie!" Joe yelled, getting to his feet and running over to him. "What did you do?" Eddie fell to his knees, and Joe caught his arm. "What did you do? What did you do?"

"No such thing as a coincidence," Eddie told him, his voice strained as he was lowered onto his back.

Juliet glanced around and ran towards Barry, who was laying on the floor. She crouched down next to him, offering her hands out to him. Barry took them, and he pulled himself up, pulling Juliet close to him. Together, they watched as Thawne's figure flickered in and out in front of them, and he seemed to be struggling to vibrate.

"What's happening?" Barry questioned.

"Cisco, help me," Thawne pleaded.

"Eddie's his ancestor," Cisco voiced. "If Eddie dies, he'll never be born, and . . ."

Thawne pulled his hood off. His vibrating ceased, and his eyes went back to normal.

"He's being erased from existence."

Juliet's eyes widened when she watched the face of Harrison Wells fade into somebody totally new — the real Eobard Thawne.

"No!" Iris shouted, the sound piercing right through Juliet's heart as she ran to Eddie's side. "No! Eddie! Eddie, no, no. Eddie, stay with me, okay? Stay."

The future. Did this mean . . . no more Iris West-Thawne? But the newspaper seemed so set in stone. Juliet clutched onto Barry's leather suit a little tighter.

"He was wrong, it turns out," Eddie told her. "I'm a hero after all."

"You are, Eddie," Iris confirmed, crying hysterically. "You are my hero."

"That's all I ever wanted to be. Your hero."

Eddie's breathing became labored until he went totally still, his blank eyes staring at the ceiling.

"No!" Iris cried, her head falling to his chest.

Juliet's eyes went blurry, and she blinked, tears falling from her eyes down her cheeks. She looked back to Thawne, his figure starting to glow white and his skin cracking open, sending particles into the air.

"I've controlled your life for so long, Barry," Thawne stated. "You too, Juliet. How will you get along without me?"

Juliet watched as Thawne's arm completely disappeared, the white cracks causing more particles to go into the air as he got erased. Thawne screamed out in agony, falling to his knees, until all of him was gone.

And then, as if things couldn't get any more worse, the wormhole reopened. This time, it started to suck things into it. It raised higher and higher in the Accelerator, and the whole building shook.

"Guys, that's not good," Cisco commented.

"Thank you for noticing," Juliet called to him. "I couldn't tell."

Barry grabbed Juliet in his arms and sped them over to Iris. "Iris, we have to go."

"I'm not leaving him," Iris protested.

"'Ris, please," Juliet said.

Joe stood up. "We have to go now, honey. I'm sorry."

Together, all four of them left the Particle Accelerator, leaving Eddie's dead body behind to be swept up by the wormhole. The whole team went outside, only to see the singularity over Central City. It was indeed a large black hole, sucking up everything into it. Juliet stared up at it in shock, swallowing her fear.

"So that's what we didn't want to happen," Cisco announced.

"What's it doing?" Caitlin inquired.

"Feeding," Professor Stein answered. "A singularity won't stop, not even after the Earth is gone."

Juliet loved her life. Truly.

"I'm afraid the accretion disc has already assembled."

Joe looked at him. "What?"

"The diffuse material that's in orbital motion around the singularity," Professor Stein explained.

"What does that mean?" Caitlin asked.

"It means we're fucked," Juliet responded.

"We have to disrupt the motion," Barry said. "Basically, it's just like the tornado, only upside down. And bigger. And scarier."

Juliet remembered that night. Her and Barry's very first mission, taking down Clyde Mardon and his tornado. She remembered how new she was to everything, how she wasn't sure how her powers worked, how afraid she was. Juliet had grown so much since then, but could she face this?

"Barry, that event has an energy level of at least six-point-seven Tera Eelectron Volts," Professor Stein insisted. "It cannot be stopped."

He shook his head. "I have to try."

"I?" Juliet repeated. "No way."

Barry sighed. "J—"

"If you think you're doing this alone, you're out of your mind."

Barry couldn't really argue. They had started together, and they would end together. He gave her a single nod, and Juliet put on her mask while Barry put on his hood. She stared up at the singularity, determination settling on her features. Feeding the itch in her hands, her energy traveled between her fingers. Juliet focused on the top of a building near the singularity and teleported up there, the same tingling feeling in her body coming and going. She lifted up her hands, ready to do what she needed to do.

And so Juliet St. James allowed the scarlet energy that has changed her life forever consume her, and she focused everything on saving the city that she vowed to protect.

〖   ϟ   〗

𝓣𝓗𝓔 𝓔𝓝𝓓

ohhhhhh okay OUCH this is painful

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to read this lil story about my babies jules & barry <3 they mean the absolute world to me :) one of my favorite oc couples fr.

(not number one, though. ricky and athena have that title.)

like I said earlier, there will for sure be a sequel! if you would like a dt in the second book, please let me know!

gif by zcndayas!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

233K 4.4K 26
❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthrills
209K 6.4K 44
"You're just so freakin' adorkable Barry Allen." Join Winnifred and the rest of Team Flash as they embark on a quest to help save Central City. They...
432K 12.1K 30
↣ What do you get when you take a twenty-three year old girl, add seventeen years of martial arts, gymnastics, swimming, soccer, volleyball...
39.4K 1.1K 36
In this alternate universe specifically Earth 52 Barry Allen gets over his fascination with one Iris West and instead falls in love with the beautifu...