Where destiny lead us to

By writer_user

Book #3 of destiny series could be read as stand alone. S A K I N A S A F I :- For me, my sole focus is m... More

Epigraph
Character aesthetics
2| Mr. CEO
3| New life, old me
4| My Cinderella
5| Chocolates and promises
6| What changed
7| Plans
8| Visit to home
9| Shocks
10| My Gold
11| No sleep
12| Wig drama
13| Fake
14| Dad talks
15| With him
16| Jealousy, Jealousy
17| Insomnia
18| The gems collector
19| Red day
20| Promises
21| We used to be crazy in love
22| Prying eyes
23| Gold
24| Humble abode
25| Alone
26| Night scare
27| Instinct wins
28| Dream came true?
29| Pour your heart
30| New family?
31| New roomie
32| UNO reverse

1| Rise and shine, hedgehog

228 15 6
By writer_user

I look at my certificate files which the old man from the past seven minutes was analysing at, he perches up his glasses on his nose and stares at my university memo.

Finally after agonising ten minutes, he closes my file and looks up at me, removing his glasses.

I sit up on my chair, excited to hear the world famous dialogue, 'I am sorry you do not have the experience to work with our company cause we want seventy years of experience and a person who is bankrupt'

"Ms Sakina," he address me, sliding my file towards me.

"I have acknowledged that you were a great student in your department, especially with your score in creative writing, and the other writing courses you've done after your graduation, commendable, I have to say," he nods, giving me a polite smile.

I give him a tight lipped smile in return, knowing exactly what his next words are going to be,

You don't have enough experience, weakling.

"You are hired."

I grab my file and secure it in on the crook of my arm, ready to leave, I stand up from the shiny leather chair smiling at him.

"Thank you- wait what?" His words register in my brain and I stare at him in shock, "Did you just said hired?"

He nods, giving me a confused look, "Absolutely yes, we wouldn't want to waste a young talent."

I stare at him with my open mouth, I sit down on the chair again, "You...you really want to hire me?"

"Yes, we do, why would we not?" He frowns.

"No, I mean," I chuckle nervously, "Am I not experienced enough?"

He smiles, leaning back on his chair, "That's the catch, our company wants new talent, and what's better than hiring young generation who's freshly graduated, this is all the experience you need."

I blink at him, still shocked. Closing my mouth, I try to soak it in, I am hired? As in no more unemployed? I am going to work?

I am going to earn?

"Sorry, that was really shocking for me after so many rejections, I apologise." I nervously grin at him, trying very hard to contain my excitement.

"It's all right, I understand, we all have been there once." He says with a smile.

"So when do I start?" I ask excitedly.

"It's Thursday today, so let's start from a fresh Monday? Today I will introduce you to the HR of your department, and she will explain you about your work, your working hours, your salary and every other requirement." He stands up from his seat, "If you may," He gestures to the door.

I look at him confused but then remember his words and stand up in a haste, "Right, after you, sir."

God, pull yourself together hedgehog, you are employed now.

Mr. Kerem, as I read on the plaque, leads me out of his office, towards the elevator. His floor was on the ground floor, which wasn't really a catch, but boy, as we went up to the eleventh floor, my jaw dropped.

Quite literally dropped, like I had to close my mouth with my file.

I step out of the elevator, my eyes scanning the whole floor, on the right was a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows, which showed the beautiful waters of Istanbul along with a distant view of the main road with cars looking like small toys on the road.

Even the Bosphorus bridge was visible from here, and my god it was a beauty.

Reason hundred thirty of me shifting to Istanbul.

Mr. Kerem leads me through the area beyond the lobby, and I look around in awe around the cubicles where employees work.

There was an immense vibe over here, the work, the the people, the rich vibes was calling me all in.

All of the employees were not really in a formal attire, they were also a few wearing jeans and casual shirts, their choice of clothes which made my over the budget formal pants and blouse look out of place.

Wait someone has also worn a loose fitted crew neck, this place is my true identity.

Shortly kerem dearest stopped near a glass door, with a plaque which read,

Ms. Bahar Özdemir.

She sounds sweet, I would easily get her in
my spell.

After knocking on the door, we both enter inside, it was a basic office, nothing too extra, just basic white aesthetic. Behind the wooden table sat a woman with blonde hairs, her sharp features set in a stern expression like she had her Botox appointment just yesterday. She lifts her head from her laptop and looked at me and kerem,

"Mr. Kerem, new employee I take?" She asks closing her laptop.

"Yes, Ms. Bahar, the new employee for the creative department, I have checked her resume, I know she's going to be a new hope for our-"

"You can leave," She says getting up from her seat, with wide eyes I look at Kerem, who nods and wordlessly leaves the office.

I look back at him, he gives me a smile before walking out, I watch him walk through the cubicles from the glass doors.

Farewell, friend.

I hear fingers snapping, I whip my head back to miss blonde, who now walked in front of her table and leaned against it,

"Name?" She asks looking at me from head to toe.

"Sakina Safı." I reply confidently.

"Alright," She nods, "Now listen up closely, I don't like to repeat myself, so listen each and every word clearly."

I nod looking at her, squaring my shoulders.

"Rule number one, you are going to work under me, which means you will not even lift a pen, without my permission. Everything you think, before writing you have to consult me first. If you don't, your work would not be approved."

I raise an eyebrow at her, albeit nodding my head agreeing her demand.

"Rule two, I hate tardiness, I expect my employees to be here, exact at the point of nine, when I ask you to submit a report, it should be kept on my desk before my arrival or after work, only an e-mail."

This bitch is tough.

I nod my head yet again, trying to remember her each and every word.

"Rule three," She lifts up her third finger, "The final and most important, no romantic relationships in my office."

Tough luck on that.

"I got it ma'am." I reply, keeping my head steady and my tone confident.

"Good, now about your work, you will be assigned a cubicle when you join, for the first few days, your work will be guided and analysed by three employees, including myself until you get the hang of our work." She explains.

I yet again nod my head, talk the money.

"And your salary will be increased by your position, work hard for that, for now it will be five thousand liras. It will be monthly transacted to your account, no checks will be given, nor do we approve any loans."

I almost controlled my joy, five grands, holy,
I am gonna earn, I am gonna be rich, I will give money to everybody.

"Your work time will be from sharp nine in the morning, till four, or five when work load is extra."

No sharp in evenings, hypocrite much?

"Any questions?" She asks, tapping her claw like nails on the wooden desk.

"My joining date?" I ask.

"Monday."

I nod my head, "Alright."

She accesses me with her pale grey eyes, a sleek wing eyeliner on her eyelids make her eyes appear even more sharp. Like knifes.

"Now you may leave, see you on Monday, sharp nine."

***

"Anneee!"  I squeal on my phone speaker as soon as I step out of the office building, "I got the job." [ Mommmm!]

"Ne?"  My mom's voice fills with shock, "Am I hearing it right?" [What?]

"Yes, Anne yes! Your daughter is employed," I laugh walking on the street, ignoring the looks of people.

"Alhumdulliah, Kizlar, did you both heard it? Your sister got the job!" My mom called out to my sisters.

"Abla!" My little sister, Aygun says, "You got a job? Yayyy!" She nearly makes my ear fall off from that scream.

"Yes my Ayghu your sister will finally earn and all of yours and Meltem's dreams will come true!" I squeal while walking on the side walk, the pedestrians walking pass me a weird look but I was too happy to care about them.

"Ablacığım!" Meltem's voice is heard next, "Congratulations! I am so happy for you!"

"Thank you, my love!" I sigh, suddenly overwhelmed from the happiness, "Now you don't to work in that library anymore."

I could feel Meltem shaking her head through the speaker, "We will see about that, but for now celebrate your happiness, We will call you later okay?"

I smile. My ever so caring sister. She is so matured, my Meltem. From the age of fifteen, she is ready to help me run the house. Although I always advise her to use her pay for her personal expenses or save it for future. But she doesn't listens. Stubbornness runs in our blood. "Tamam. How is baba?"

"In his room." She says quietly and my smile dims.

"Again?" I ask.

"No." She hesitates. "Just one of those days."

I close my eyes. "He didn't said anything, did he?"

"No he didn't. Now stop worrying about everything and enjoy your day. Today is your happy day. Don't ruin your mood."

"Okay, take care my love." I smile. Aygun screams from the other side just as Meltem hung up the call.

I chuckle and look at the sea ahead, the salty winds making my curly hair flow along their rhythm.

I look up on my phone to see the date, A bitter sweet smile forms on my face, today marks exactly one year of me completely shifting to Istanbul.

One year of struggle to find decent jobs.

One year to find an apartment at a cheaper price within in a average area and avoid those nasty men roaming on those streets.

One year, it took me one year to complete my dream of finding a job in Istanbul.

I look at my lock screen and smile seeing the picture of sisters with my mother, it was Aygun's ninth birthday and I had sent my first salary which I earned from my job as a salesperson in a clothing store.

Aygun had a big smile on her face, she wore a birthday cap and she had a fruit cake with her name in front of her, she was seated on Anne's lap and meltem stood behind her with her arms wrapped around our mother's shoulders.

Their happy smiles were always my motivation to hustle hard, because at the end of the day, my struggles were nothing compared to their smiles.

My screen changes and a name flashes with an incoming call from my best friend, Ayesha.

"Hello my love!" I sing picking up her call.

"Did you got it?" She squeals.

"I so did!" I squeal, scaring a cat who was roaming around my feet. "Can you believe it! I, Sakina Safi finally got a job! Like hello?"

"Don't underestimate yourself now, Congratulations! I am so proud of you!"

"Thank you." I sigh, "Let's meet, when are you free?"

"Ah uh I should ask you that from now on." She teases.

"True, I will let you know once I get to know my work schedule." I chuckle.

She laughs, "Fine. Congratulations again. And don't go spontaneous celebration now, love you. Oh..Ahad has something to say to you." She brings her phone speaker towards her son and he repeats her love you in his cute baby voice.

"Aww I love you too my Boy, meet your soon to be rich auntie soon." I blow kisses over the speaker and Ayesha chuckles.

"Okay meet you soon, Sakina." She chuckles before I hung up my call.

I look around me and spot a kebab shop, Ayesha's spontaneous celebration words ring in my mind but I do end up buying two full kebab platters from there.

No compromise on food.

***

I close my apartment door behind me with my foot and enter inside removing my heels, which I had borrowed it from my roommate, Canar.

"Canar!" I call out her name as I step inside. "I brought food—what the hell?"

The once clean living room we both shared is now filled with cardboard boxes.

My roommate looks up from taping a box. "Oh hey, I was about to call you."

"Care to explain?" I ask placing the takeout bags on a empty spot of the couch.

Canar bites her lips, "Ah I am actually moving out."

"We had a lease of one year." I point out, "There are still three months left, you can't leave."

That bitch has the audacity of rolling her eyes, "Don't worry I will pay my share."

"You better." I scoff.

Canar is a complete bitch who I tolerate just because I share a flat with her. I don't know how her boyfriend tolerates her.

I spot a bowl she keeps in the box, which I brought from a local garage sale. "Uh hello, that's mine." I snatch the bowl away from her.

"It doesn't have your name." She bites out.

I show her the bottom of the bowl, it infact does have my name written on it.

"Whatever." She grumbles. "Where are my heels?"

I go back to the shoe stand and grab them, shoving it in her lap. "Here, Thank you."

I grab the takeout bags and storm towards my room. "I don't need you anymore."

"Good to know." She yells back.

"Bitch." I mutter closing the room door. "Whatever, more food for me. And..." I smile. "More space at the apartment for me."

Atleast now I don't have to shove ten pillows and a stone on my ears whenever Canar' stool of a boyfriend visits and can't keep it silent.

The next morning, as I stare at the empty apartment, I feel alone.

Like really alone.

Canar has gone.

Whatever. I don't care.

I flop down on the couch. "When will Monday arrive?"

For the first time in my life, I cannot wait for Monday.

****************************************

A/N:-

Hello my readers! We meet yet again.

Do tell how was the first chapter!

It's finally our Sakina's turn.

Follow on Instagram @ writer_user_

Vote. Comment. Share. 🩵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 16.7K 81
"Why are you naked?" I asked him avoiding the sight in front of me. My face is heating up more now. "Are you sure princess, this is what they call n...
21.8K 2.6K 82
We think that everything is in our hands and especially our present and future which we carefully plan it all together to make it perfect and easier...
23.2K 783 36
They say if you love someone truly, you will always find your way back to them, no matter what life throws at youu. As flashbacks came into view, Ha...
1.6M 40.5K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...