HONKAI IMPACT 3RD x FEM! READ...

By AyakoShizuka

❝ Never be a prisoner of your past, it was just a lesson not a life sentence.❞ ✽ Honkai Impact 3rd/F!Reader ✽ More

↠RULES↞
CURRENT ERA
PREVIOUS ERA
Rebirth of a Soul - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Interlude-Kevin Kaslana Memories
Remembrance of a Soul - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
2nd Eruption - Sirin x Sister! Reader
My One and Only Master - Mei Raiden x Reader
Till Death Do Us Part - Su x Reader
Innocence - Kevin x Child! Reader x Hua
Soft Spot - Kalpas x Reader
Anger - Kalpas x Reader
Enemies to Lovers - Su x Reader
Individuality - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Will of Himeko - Himeko Murata x Reader
Family - Welt Yang x Wife! Reader
Jealousy - Welt x Wife! Reader
Acceptance - Yandere Mobius x Reader
Friendship - Sirin x Reader
Let's Start Over - Pardofelis x Reader
Confession - Kosma x Reader
Limited Time - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Misunderstanding - Pardofelis x Reader
Star-Crossed Lovers - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Second Chance - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
The Warmth of a Cold Touch - Kosma x Reader
Girlfriend - Kalpas x Reader
Time Had Never Been A Problem - Fu Hua x Sister! Reader
Never Let You Go - Yandere Aponia x Reader
Clashing Personalities ~ Vill-V x Reader
Broken Promises and A Shattered Blade - Kiana Kaslana x Reader
A Spark to Light the Trailblaze - Himeko Murata x Reader
Hope for a Better Ending - Elysia x Reader
Her One And Only Regret - Elysia x Reader
One-sided Eternity - Su x Reader
The Calm Cold of Raging Wind - Yae Sakura x Reader
The Incident - Yandere Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Gone - Yandere Herscher of the Void x Reader
GOLDEN COURTYARD [LIMITED EDITION]
Su relationship headcanons
What Matters Most - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Proposal - Eden x Reader
A Flame Under The Stars - Kalpas x Reader
Forgiveness - Su x Reader
Tea is Better than Coffee - Su x Reader
The Troubles Of Fame - Hua x Reader
Until Next Time - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Kevin dating headcanons
Matchmaker At Play - Kosma x Reader
The Future Is Not So Bleak Anymore - Kalpas x Reader
The Weekend - Kosma x Reader
Valentine's Day - Sakura x Reader
Trust - Su x Reader
Stars - Elysia x Reader
Profession of Love - Su x Reader

Black Dahlia ~ Vill-V x Reader

1.6K 35 33
By AyakoShizuka

A/N: I'm not too familiar with Vill-V and her other personalities yet so I started with the less complicated request for Vill-V (there were two requests if you were curious).

To nimbus_eudora, I realized at the last minute that this was supposed to be fluff. I apologize that I didn't fulfill what you asked for, but I hope you still enjoy the one shot regardless.

Thank you ^^

Requested by nimbus_eudora.

...

There were three who betrayed you. The first was your parents.

They couldn't handle it anymore and cast you out like a doll beyond repairs, saying you would be better off without them, but you knew better. They just didn't want to deal with you anymore so you made sure no one had to deal with them.

The second was a lover. A charming young man who you met at a party. He made all the right choices, all but one. Ran when things were tough. He had what was coming.

The third was a friend. The girl whom you most trusted. The person you grew to love. In the end, she was like all the rest. Fled to save her own life. She succeeded but not before shoving a knife up your heart.

"How could she?" You uttered, feeling more heartbroken than angry. The dahlia in your hand shriveled to black, losing its once vibrant pink.

And now, you worked as MOTH's Head Provisioner. The people who granted you freedom over imprisonment. At least you don't have to deal with insufferable subordinates.

Still, that one person who managed to escape your grasp left a permanent scar. A scar you cannot forget or forgive.

For now, you had the Honkai to worry about, not her.

The long-lasting feud would soon come to an end when an old friend decided to stop by and visit.

...

One moment you were out on a walk with your colleague, Mobius. The next moment, you were strapped onto a chair—arms tied to the arms of the chair, mouth gagged, and looking at someone you were not fond of seeing. Immediately, your first instinct was to pull against your restraint, thrashing around like a wild animal. Your captive was less than pleased with your behavior.

"Calm down. You act like I just kidnapped you!" The thrashing stops. A glare was sent the person's way. "Okay. Maybe I did tie you up, but it's not like I plan to do you any harm. I just wanted to talk to you."

Your glare remains strong, never once wavering.

Your captor sighs. "Look, I know I'm most likely the last person you wanted to see—" You rolled your eyes. "—but you of all people should know that I don't hurt anyone deliberately. I'll even take off that gag just to prove I'm not heartless."

You huffed and turned away, stubborn.

"You're upset that I tied you up but if I were to lessen your uncomfortable state, you'd still be upset regardless? How contradicting..." Your captor scratched the back of her head, puzzled by your behavior. "Well, you're happy to ignore me if you'd like. Although I would prefer it if my dear audience hears me out." You hear her come closer to you. "Here, I'm sure that gag must be uncomfortable."

The con artist does as she promises and removes the gag.

"Why did you kidnap me—" You looked up and spoke the name belonging to the person you had long since stopped chasing. "—Vill-V?"

It's been a long time since you saw your partner. She hasn't changed one bit. The thought reminded your heart of the pain the girl committed to you. Seeing her again, made your heart ache. You refuse to let it show.

"I didn't kidnap you. I simply borrowed you." Vill-V corrects. "There's a difference."

You huffed. "Same thing."

Your coldness causes the con artist's smile to falter. It was like yesterday the two of you had looked so enamored with each other.

It's hard to believe the two of you ended up on opposite sides.

...

You and Vill-V go a long way back. It all started when you received intel about this so-called genius around the block. You were looking for someone to do business with and one of your connections happens to have someone to hook you up with.

"A magician?" You repeated your friend's intel. Your frown deepens and already you were packing up. "You're kidding."

"Nope." The friend accentuated the 'p' in an effort to sound humorous. They only came off as annoying. "I assure you this magician is the real deal. Why don't you take a trip down to a magic show at Dusk Street? You won't regret it."

This was their way of telling you where to find this so-called magician.

"I better not or your head is mine."

They simply laugh, knowing full well your words were empty promises.

And there you were standing in front of what seemed to be a magic show located at Dusk Street—the so-called genius residence. At first, you were skeptical. The most wanted criminal worked in a place like this, but your friend knew better than to sell you false information. Sighing, you entered the building, unaware of the blossoming relationship you would build with the person inside this fine establishment. The whole relationship started at that place and ended in that place.

"Hello." You greeted the blonde-haired girl you found upon entering the building. And right off the bat, you laid it out. "I'm looking for someone called Vill-V. She's a magician."

"I'm afraid she's out."

"Of course. Just my luck." You sighed and took out your business card for the girl to take. "Inform her that I'm interested in making a deal with her. She can reach me with the provided number."

It never occurred to you that that girl was the one you were looking for. You get a phone call later that night. The two of you chat, and made plans, and when the two of you decided to meet in person, you wonder why you didn't just walk up and leave because the person you gave your card to who you thought was just an ordinary worker was actually the person you were looking for.

"You lied to me."

"I didn't lie. I just never told you. Think of this as just being on the safe side. Nice to meet you, (Y/N) (L/N). I am Vill-V, but you figured that out."

"Indeed. Should I be concerned that you took your time in agreeing to meet with me?"

"It's only been a day. But to answer your question, I was simply making sure it was the right choice to meet with you."

"And?"

"I was right in choosing to meet with you. This partnership will be one I won't regret."

"The feelings mutual." For now, you thought.

Who would've thought the two of you would work well together? The two of you began committing crimes together. A series of frauds to say the least. As an arms dealer, you sell weapons in the criminal underworld. You supplied her with the items she needed for her inventions while she repay you with intel in return—an equivalent exchange. As time passed, your partnership became something more.

"(Y/N)!" You turn and found Vill-V waving at you. "It's been a while since I last seen my dear guest."

It wasn't unusual for you to be early at the usual rendezvous point. You worked mainly behind the scene and had no front you needed to maintain during the day. You still did not understand why the con artist worked as a magician. It's not any of your concern what your business partner does anyway. You were here for your end of the bargain.

"Still on with the magicians act? When are you going to stop?" You crossed your arms and watched as the girl takes a seat across from you. She simply answered your question with a smile, not giving you a clear concise answer. You extend a hand out expectantly. "So the intel?"

"Eager aren't you." You looked at her impatiently. She held her hand up in surrender. "Don't worry, I always keep my end of the deal. Here you go."

She slides a small USB drive over to you and watched you insert it into your computer. You checked the information listed on the drive.

"Well?" Vill-V had both her hands cupping the underside of her head. "This should suffice as payment for the next shipment of goods, right?"

The information was what you asked for. You closed the computer, carefully and met her gaze.

"You require spare parts correct?"

"Correct."

"Alright, follow me."

The two of you left the cafe without ordering. Vill-V suddenly bumps shoulders with you, causing you to turn to her.

"What are you doing?" You asked, curious about what the magician's intention was. "Are we being followed?"

It wouldn't be too surprising if that was the case. You secretly looked behind you for anyone suspicious. No one looked out of place.

"Business is really all you can think of. We're not being followed." Your partner assures you. "I just did that to get your attention."

"What for?"

The two of you stared out into the open street, still consciously walking side by side despite not looking at one another as the two of you converse.

"After we finished our business, why don't you come to tonight's show? I promise it'll be a magic show you won't forget."

"What the sudden invite? Planning something?"

"We've just been business partners all this time. Shouldn't we get to know each other a little more?"

You stopped. In turn, this caused her to stop. She turns to you and held a hand on her fancy hat.

"What do you say, my dear guest?" She winks at you. Your heart fluttered. "Will you indulge this magician?"

You ignored the increased pacing of your heart and nonchalantly said to her, "There's no need to get to know each other, but since we've been working together for a while, I'm willing to attend one show."

"An excellent choice. I'll escort the lady to the magic show myself after we're done here. Tonight we'll be having a special guest with us."

"A special guest?"

"I can't very well tell you. It's a surprise."

The magician escorted the arms dealer as promised. What you didn't know was that you were tonight's special guest from afar.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we will be joined by our special guest. Ms. (L/N), please join us on stage."

The spotlight suddenly focuses on you. Everyone around you applauded while you glared at the girl on stage, clapping along with the audience. You had no choice but to go on stage. The smile you adorned as you went up was far from pure.

"You didn't tell me about this." You muttered to Vill-V as soon as you were next to her. "A warning would have been nice."

"I knew you wouldn't have come had you known." The girl said quietly as for the audience to not hear. "I promise you a night you won't forget, my dear friend."

You didn't comment on how she had addressed you as 'friend' instead of 'guest' nor did you deny it. You admit that participating as her assistant made you feel like a child again. The smiles you received from the audience were different from what you had received in the past. Most people wore a deceptive smile, a mask. Your parents did so had the man you loved. But these people wore true smiles. You turned to look at Vill-V who was waving to the audience with a big smile.

What had she been trying to accomplish by adding you to the cast?

After the show, you offered to help her tidy up much to the magician's pleasant surprise.

"I'm surprised." She had said. "I thought you would have run as soon as the show was over."

You huffed. "I should have."

"Why didn't you?" She asked and observed your face. "Ah, you have something to ask of me. Well, ask away."

"What point is there in bringing me as tonight's special guest? I doubt my presence would have made much of a difference."

"Maybe, but you saw the smiles on their faces. Even if they didn't know you, they enjoyed watching you."

"Is that it? You wanted to show me that there are people who can see us criminals as ordinary people?"

"You have a negative way of putting things... I wanted you to have fun. Your friend told me you had a history."

"I don't know what you mean."

"You know exactly what I mean." She steps close to you. Her hands slid to her slim back. You made a point of ignoring her. "The truth is we're both just girls. Maybe that's why I'm attracted to you." You looked at her. "The two of us are the same."

You didn't say anything to her for a long time and simply stared at her. At that moment, your perception of her changed. There was no need for any more exchange.

"I think we should reintroduce ourselves. My name is Vill-V, just an ordinary girl who hated herself. And you?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)... I'm just an ordinary girl who's been betrayed twice in my life."

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

"Likewise, Vill-V."

From partners to friends to something potentially more. Those were good times. There were moments when there was something in the other's eyes that spoke more. A brush against one's finger. A second too-long look from one or the other. The two of you leaned on each other.

"Vill-V."

"Hmm? What is this? A pink dahlia?"

"A gift. From me to you."

She smiled at you, her eyes glistening. "It's beautiful."

A pink dahlia for Vill-V. And a black dahlia for that day.

...

You certainly got a wake-up call that day. It wasn't a surprise when your crimes were found out. What goes around comes around. What shattered you was that Vill-V fled.

Alone.

She had the first person you sincerely cared for and that's what made it hurt all the more. She crafted a new identity and left you to fend for yourself. You didn't believe what MOTH had told you. You didn't want to but facts were facts. Vill-V left you.

"Your partner left you to escape and still you would protect her?"

Your silence was enough of an answer the green-haired scientist.

"Fine, (Y/N). Continue believing Vill-V hadn't left you for scrap. Just know that your silence does not ensure your survival. MOTH doesn't mind killing people, least of all a criminal."

"... If you're here to gloat then you won't find satisfaction."

"Really?"

The woman stared at you. Eventually, you admitted to her the truth.

"... I don't know where she is."

"Pity," Mobius said. "It seems that we have nothing left to discuss. But there is one thing..."

"What?"

"(Y/N) (L/N), what do you think of becoming a member of MOTH?"

"..."

"You must be kidding."

"Good thing I wasn't then."

You suppose you have your talents to thank. Without it, who knows if you would have been able to get off scot-free. You had your doubts about them but... They could have very well been trying to get to turn on your partner, but you have long since realized the truth. Vill-V had abandoned you. Expected but still a betrayal to you. You held a long-lasting grudge against the past, never once forgetting the pain and betrayal you felt. Even to this day. Seeing her again, was like opening an old scar and relieving the pain. It hurt you to see her again.

"Fine, I kidnapped you. Happy?" You simply turned away. "Geez, you're not happy with anything are you? Looks like I'll have to change tactic."

"Tactic?" You were nervous now.

"Oh? Have I captured my dear audience's attention now?" Vill-V stands next to an object covered in a cloth that you hadn't realized was there before. Her hands grab the cloth. "May I present to you—" You shut your eyes just as she unravels the cloth. "—a romantic dinner table!"

Huh?

You open your eyes and found a dinner table. Vill-V noticed the puzzled look on your face.

"You're not assuming that I would hurt you, are you?" Vill-V stifles a laugh. "I would never hurt my dear guest. Though I suppose that conclusion is reasonable since I did have you tied up."

"You're terrible at asking a person for forgiveness." You bluntly said. "You think this will excuse everything you've done?"

"I'm a con artist." Vill-V countered. "My expertise doesn't include learning how to earn forgiveness so I just went with my gut this time."

"This time..." You trailed off. "You're not saying there's a next time is there?"

She can't be serious.

"You didn't think I'd stop at one did you?" She notices the look on your face. "What's wrong? Don't tell me, you don't want to go on a second date and I had it all planned out."

"Vill-V." She stops. "I am not getting involved in another of your fraud."

"Fraud? Since when we're you involved in any of my fraud?"

"I'm talking about when you left me behind!" You angrily exclaimed.

She falls into silence. "What else was I supposed to do?"

"Don't give me that crap, Vill-V." You quietly said. "What you did was an act of betrayal. Why would I want to involve myself with you again? What? Think I would be easily swayed by roses and candles? Talk about being an expert."

"... My activities are far from the real reason why you're mad at me. I'm sorry that I left you to get incarcerated."

"Liar."

"I didn't have a choice but to change my identity and leave. If I didn't, I wouldn't have obtained enough time to plan and break you out. Later, I found that you agreed to join MOTH. I was hurt and believe that you've made your choice. I believed that MOTH would be onto me soon so I scraped my plans and fled."

You looked away. Did you misunderstand her all this time?

"I was willing to take a risky gambit but since you accepted MOTH's invitation, I thought perhaps you might have betrayed me hence my choice for fleeing." Vill-V sighed. "The reason I kidnapped you was so that I could tell you this and possibly make amends. Up to you if you still... want to be friends."

"..."

"So... what's your answer, my dear guest?" She tried to sound fine but you could tell this conversation was ripping her apart.

You stared at her, and sigh. "Don't call me dear guest. That's for your audience, not your friend."

A flicker of hope appears in the magician's eyes.

"Does that mean..?"

"Yes, we're friends. Now, will you untie me? The ropes are gnawing at my wrists."

"Of course!" She was very happy with the outcome. "The first aid kit should be around here somewhere."

After untying you, she helped applied an ointment on your wrists. You hissed.

"I shouldn't have tied the ropes so tight." She muttered.

You snorted. "You think?"

She doesn't say anything but the smile she sent was enough. After Vill-V puts the first aid kit away, she haves you sit down at the table she sets up.

"Alright! This calls for a celebration. You still like (Favorite/Beverage) right? Then let us toast to this newly fixed friendship."

"Right now?"

"Problem?"

"No." You raised your glass. "To our newly fixed friendship."

You clack the glass with hers. After dining with the magician, Vill-V takes you to the top of the building to watch the sunset.

"The reason why I rented this place was so that we could watch the sunset. The view up here is amazing when it's almost night."

"You really had this all planned out..."

"Of course. I was planning to do whatever it took to show you my sincerity."

"... Vill-V?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm... sorry. Because of me—"

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I should have come to save you sooner. Because of that, I led you to believe I betrayed you."

"No, I'm sorry. If I only waited a few more days..."

"Why don't we focus on the sunset? All this back and forth is causing us to waste away our time together."

"Ah, you're right."

The two of you watched the sunset together.

A Few Minutes Later

"Lab. Rat. Where were you?!" Mobius was up in your face. Nervously you crane your neck back to the point it hurts. "Do you have any idea the amount of trouble you are in?"

"... I'm sorry, Dr. Mobius."

Thankfully she backs off, granting you space. Then tension loosens from your body.

"So where were you?"

You looked at the doctor surprised.

"Don't look at me like that." Mobius tried to shrug it off but it became more apparent that she had been worried for you. "I need to know so that you'll never think of disappearing like that again."

"Of course, Dr. Mobius." You played along with her lie. "To answer your question, an old friend stopped by with a gift."

"An old friend. I didn't think you'd have any friends outside of MOTH."

"I didn't until today."

Mobius notices the smile dancing on your face. She turns away with a huff. Mobius didn't want to know. You noticed something on your desk.

"Do you know who sent this?"

"I don't know," Mobius said. "Should I throw it out for you?"

"No need."

You had a feeling you knew who was the sender. When you opened the envelope, you found a letter accompanied by a ticket inside. Instantly you knew who sent the letter.

I decided to return the favor, my dear guest. Come see me soon. You know where to find me.

~ Sighed, your beloved magician

A smile breaks from your face. Your eyes glanced up at the bouquet of dahlias sitting on your desk.

"We'll see." You whispered and placed both the letter and ticket back in the envelope before going back to work.

You made sure to get a vase filled with water for the dahlias. For the rest of the day, you had a stupid smile on your face. Even Mobius was creeped out and threatened to bite your head off if you continued looking stupid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 1.1K 11
❝ It's my pleasure to meet you trailblazer~! I hope my dear companion didn't trouble you at all ❞ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊...
26.9K 590 21
╭───╯ . . . . . ➷ Did you know.... There is a kind of love called... Letting Go? ➶ . . . . . ╰───╮ ╔...
232K 6.2K 36
The Honkai have always been stronger than Humanity. But one day, someone will change that destiny
893K 36.7K 61
*WATTPAD FEATURED* *UNEDITED* "You can't erase the pain, nor can I. You can't erase the reasons behind my fake smiles, you can't change the past, nor...