Salted Fish Plant Department...

By Xiaoshuo_

Zhuang Jiu died on the eve of victory. Opening her eyes again, she returned to the pre-apocalyptic world... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 88

419 12 0
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 88 [One more]

    The chip glowed with colorful light in the sun, and showed a slight cyan color in the shadow. From the color alone, it looks a bit like something from the same ancestry as zombies.

    However, isn't this kind of thing from a zombie's skull the same ancestry as a zombie?

    Just by looking at it, it must be unclear what the use of this thing is, so Zhuang Jiu wrote the words "cyan chip, function: to be supplemented." on the paper.

    Tang Panpan's lowered exclamation suddenly came from his ears, Zhuang Jiu looked up subconsciously, and saw that the two fingers that the zombie had inserted into his brain were slowly pulling out/out, and the strange black mud-like substance followed. fell down.

    Although there is no bloody picture, this scene is still frowned upon by the two people outside the screen.

    Tang Panpan didn't expect that they would suddenly show such violent and disgusting behavior. He couldn't hold back for a while and rushed out of the game room with a pale face. Then Zhuang Jiu heard the sound of the door closing from the bathroom.

    Although she can resist the frontal crit of zombies, it is still difficult to accept disgusting things as well as Zhuangjiu.

    Zhuang Jiu withdrew his gaze from the door and continued to look at the screen in front of him, observing their movements.

    The zombies in the picture seemed to have crashed, and at this moment they were suddenly stuck on the shore and motionless.

    This is also because it is too far away, otherwise, with the curiosity of the winery, I am afraid that they will directly go forward and see what the chip they inserted into their brains will play in their brains.

    She suddenly remembered that the brain is one of the most important organs of human beings. In addition to providing normal human thinking, language, reading and writing and other functions, the hippocampus can also store memory.

    Plus this chip appears in the skulls of dead zombies.

    A terrible conjecture gradually formed in Zhuang Jiu's mind. She paused her fingers, crossed out the three words to be added, and then wrote it down.

    Function: Store memory (tentative).

    Whether this chip is exactly what the zombies use to store their memories can only be judged by the actions of these zombies, otherwise this is just her temporary and unreasonable guess.

    In the weather of nearly September, the zombies stood silently on the shore, the water dripping down on their bodies, as if they could make Zhuang Jiu outside the screen feel the coldness to the bones, as if her body was soaked all over. .

    She was agitated by the coldness, and a layer of white sweat formed on her back. She turned her head and looked at it. Behind her, she was facing the only small grid with ice ore in the game room.

    Zhuang Jiu thought for a while, then stood up and put the ice ore in the corner of the room furthest away from her.

    Sure enough, the chill disappeared in a flash.

    The picture continues, but in the corner of Jiugongge, another perspective staring from afar appears.

    The picture on the screen was enlarged again and again, revealing a more high-definition zombie picture.

    Tang Panpan finally came back. There were still some unwiped water droplets on her face, and there was a hint of coldness on her body. It was estimated that she had cooled her conditioned vomiting with water in the bathroom.

    Werther's voice sounded in the game room: [Sister, you two can wear the special glasses next to you, which can be connected to my line of sight, and maybe you can see more details. 】

    Zhuang Jiu glanced around in the game room, and sure enough, on the floor beside her, there were two glasses like sunglasses with metal edges.

    The lenses are pure black and look very ordinary.

    This pair of glasses should be a new experiment made by Werther. It was the first time I saw Zhuang Jiu. Tang Panpan looked at her blankly: "Zhuangzhuang, what did Werther mean?"

    Zhuang Jiu also called for a while. Undecided, I could only give one to Tang Panpan: "Let's take a look first."

    As soon as the black glasses were put on, black sponge-like things protruded from all sides of the frame, covering the eye sockets tightly, and then the eyes The blackness of the glass began to disappear, and the brightness gradually increased. When the sight returned to normal, Zhuang Jiu was in front of a familiar green lake.

    Her head turned around, and the mountains and forests also came into view. She lowered her head again and saw Werther's body.

    Zhuangjiu immediately understood that the glasses were connected to Werther's perspective. Combined with what he said before, it is easy to understand.

    The place where Werther was standing now was where Zhuangjiu and the others first saw the zombies, on the other side of the lake about a few kilometers away from the zombies. At this distance, no matter how good the eyesight of zombies is, there is no way to see Werther, but Werther can zoom in and see their actions at a glance.

    "Tang Panpan, are you still here?" Because she couldn't see the scene in her game room with her glasses on, she could only identify Tang Panpan's position by her voice.

    As soon as he heard Zhuang Jiu's voice, Tang Panpan walked on his knees on the ground and came to her side, with some surprise in his eyes: "Zhuangzhuang, I'm here. It's amazing! It looks like VR glasses, but it seems to be more immersive than VR. The situation?"

    Zhuang Jiu nodded: "First observe the movement of those zombies."

    Because it is from Werther's perspective, which is clearer than Jiugongge, Zhuang Jiu and Tang Panpan can clearly see that in those zombies After 3 minutes and 19 seconds of complete stillness, the movement suddenly reappeared.

    It's like an old computer freezes after receiving an overloaded message, and now it's received, or the computer restarts.

    This is a signal.

    The next second, one of the zombies turned around and picked up a sharp stone on the ground, walked straight to the mountain wall next to it, and carved several strange symbols on it.

    Then the remaining zombies followed behind the leading zombie, turned and left the mountain wall.

    A small box appeared in the lower right corner of the line of sight, and the picture inside was the current movement of the zombies.

    Werther did not follow first, but came to the edge of the mountain wall at a very fast speed. The blue-blue mesh grid spread out, scanned and analyzed the things carved by the zombies and began to compare.

    The things on the mountain wall are chaotically carved. From a human point of view, you may think it is a masterpiece of children's scribbles, but everyone who saw these things clearly knows that they may be in this way. are communicating.

    The intelligence possessed by the zombies is probably even more powerful than Zhuangjiu and the others imagined.

    【Sister, do you need to destroy these words? 】 Werther's voice sounded in the game room.

    Zhuang Jiu lowered his head and thought for a moment: "No, let's keep these things for now. After we finish the analysis, or there may be another batch of zombies, let's see what happens."

    [Okay sister. 】

    After he finished speaking, he turned around and said before his gaze reached the shredded meat: [Sister, I will switch you to a perspective where you can see zombies. 】

    The picture in front of him disappeared, replaced by a picture of a fixed camera position.

    Seeing him turn around, Zhuang Jiu guessed what Werther wanted to do, but he was afraid that Tang Panpan couldn't accept it for a while, so he held back and didn't say anything, just continued to look at the zombies.

    There are only five zombies who have come ashore and have obtained cyan chips, but there are more than 10 zombies who died before. Chateau knew that Werther was probably looking for other skulls to check for missing chips.

    She looked at the picture in front of her.

    The five zombies seemed to have a clear purpose. After turning around the mountain wall, they stretched out their noses at the place where Zhuangjiu and the others had stopped at the beginning of their chariots and sniffed the smell, and then plunged into the mountain forest. However, it didn't take long for Zhuang Jiu's brows to wrinkle deeper and deeper.

    The route they are now advancing, why does she become more familiar the more she sees it?

    Zhuang Jiu's memory is not bad, but the current camera position is not shooting from the perspective of zombies, but aerial photography from a high place, so she did not dare to judge rashly, so she shouted: "Witter, call me for three days. Compare the travel route of the former watermelon chariot with the travel route of these zombies."

    When Zhuangjiu goes out, he usually brings his mobile phone, which not only allows him to contact Werther at any time, but also serves as a small recorder.

    Werther responded, and Zhuangjiu took off his glasses.

    There was a faint sound of rushing water from the sound in the game room. Zhuang Jiu had no time to think about what Werther was doing at the moment. He quickly opened another layer of star net and saw the two routes sent by Werther.

    Her hands trembled slightly, her heart sank, and she slowly put the two maps together.

    The route that the zombies are now advancing is actually exactly the same as the route of the watermelon chariot.

    Tang Panpan didn't know that Zhuang Jiu had taken off her eyes, and she didn't know what she was thinking when she was facing two almost identical routes in the previous stage. She just felt that they were a bit strange.

    It's not like he's running, it's a bit like being manipulated by something.

    No, it's more like...they run forward after being observed by something through their eyes, so they pause occasionally, as if they're observing the situation around them.

    But Tang Panpan has never been able to think about deeper things, and if she can know something, then Zhuang Jiu can definitely see it. So she thought about it for a while, but didn't ask what the matter of Zhuangjiu represented.

    Zhuang Jiu didn't wear glasses, so naturally it was impossible to discover the abnormality of these zombies.

    Zhuangjiu is looking at these overlapping lines.

    She reacted almost immediately. The reason why they sniffed there should be to judge what their current route was by smell.

    Fortunately, she still kept an eye on her. She didn't rashly drive the watermelon chariot to the idle winery. Instead, she suddenly had a bad premonition halfway through the drive, so she quickly turned back to the route and drove in the direction of Qianshi. until the time runs out.

    She looked nervously at the ever-longer blue route. If they really turned at that turning point, it would prove that they must be able to smell other than blood, for example, the liquid on other zombies.

    This is also an evolution.

    What's even more terrifying is that if they follow the smell of the wine, I am afraid they will be able to successfully find the real location of the leisure winery.

    If the last conjecture is true, then she has to do something to avoid their tracking. Of course, if it doesn't work, she can only face it.

    Sure enough, it didn't take long for the zombies to reach the turning point. The route on the star network turned a corner at that place almost without a pause, and the blue route belonging to the zombies slowly extended in the direction of the lead city.

    She clicked her tongue and put on her glasses again to observe.

    Werther seems to have washed those things and stored them in the small grid on his body, and he himself is escaping towards the location of the group of zombies at a very high speed.

    The picture in front of the eyes returned to Werther's perspective.

    He followed the zombies far away, waiting for the instructions given to him by Zhuang Jiu at any time.

    As long as she said a word, the weapon that had already been decomposed in his hand would be sprayed directly, all greeting the zombie.

    But the wine is still waiting.

    The current situation is basically certain, the five zombies now have 100% of the memories of the previous zombies, and the carrier connecting them should be the cyan chip. But what she needs to confirm now is something else.

    These zombies chased after them because they smelled their saliva, or because they could smell Zhuangjiu and the others.

    Soon they reached where the chariot finally stopped.

    Fortunately, they finally stopped at this place, with a blank expression on their faces, as if the clues were suddenly cut off after they were chased here.

    They can't smell humans.

    After understanding this, Zhuangjiu and Werther will also have corresponding measures to deal with them, so it is estimated that there will be a long period of time, and the leisure winery can maintain a relatively stable state.

    "Let's get rid of them, Werther." Zhuang Jiu and Tang Panpan took off their glasses, while she washed her hands and returned to the room, writing down some new features of zombies.

    These things may be useful in the future.

    Soon Werther returned to Leisure Winery.

    After he disconnected from Zhuangjiu, he dismembered all five zombies and found that two cyan chips were embedded in their skulls. One should be their own memory, and the other should be newly embedded.

    After taking out all the wafers and washing them, he packed up the zombies and threw them away from the leisure winery. After doing all this, he was still worried, and after removing his own taste, the smell of Zhuangjiu and Tang Panpan and the others, he returned to the leisure winery with peace of mind.

    Fortunately, he has done so many things to allow the leisure winery to maintain peace for a longer period of time. But that's all for later.

    During dinner, Zhuang Jiu was sitting at the table and told everyone about the zombies in Xianjiu, and how to deal with it, for their own safety, they need to reduce going out, etc., which are also listed in Xianxian. Notes for the winery.

    In fact, it doesn't matter to the humans who live in it. After all, there is something to eat in the leisure winery, there are many games to play, and many books to read. After Zhuangjiu told them, they promised not to go out. In contrast, Zhuang Jiu is most worried about animals such as hens.

    After all, the hen has to go out every day to find food for the children, and it is also the most likely to attract zombies, followed by the red master.

    But it was impossible for Zhuangjiu to restrict the movements of the hens, so after discussing it with the hens, they came up with a compromise.

    The hill itself has only an earthy smell, which blends easily with everything around it and is quickly dissipated by the wind.

    Therefore, every day when the hen goes out, it stays in Xiaoshan's body first, and after Xiaoshan sends it to a distance of 10 kilometers outside Xian Winery, it goes out to find something to eat. It's the same way back.

    Although it is a bit troublesome, it will make the leisure winery much safer.

    More than half a month has passed in a flash, and the second-season rice in Xianchao is growing much faster than outside, and it has reached maturity this month.

    I don't know if it's because the ground has been transformed by vines, or because Lord Hong is loosening the soil every day.

    Aunt Huang and Dr. Cui used to do farm work in their hometown, and they were much faster at doing these things than Zhuang Jiu, so they volunteered to take up the job. It only took two people one morning to harvest all the rice and put it outside to dry for the next step.

    During this time, the construction of the filter tank of the pond was basically completed, and the basic structure was almost filled in, and the crystal ore could be poured in the next step.

    In addition, Liu Yun also helped Dr. Cui and the others to build the house. After waiting for the completion, it would be vacant for a month, and then they could live in after adding something to remove the smell. The three houses are connected to each other by signals. If you want to eat or discuss things, you can chat directly through the star network.

    This way of life seems to be not much different from before the end of the world, except that you can't go out.

    And this star network is a bit like a private network, which means that they can only send messages between a few people, there is no way to connect with the outside world, and they also cut off the plan in case someone wants to tip off the alliance.

    Although Zhuangjiu found out through observation that no one in Xianjiu would like the Alliance, naturally there is no such possibility.

    At noon that day, when a few people were sitting around eating together, Zhuangjiu's Xingwang suddenly made a beeping sound.

    During this time, according to Werther's modification, her star net will make different sounds according to the strength of strange intruding creatures.

    For example, if it is judged that an organism is too large, or that it is an animal with strong strength before it mutates, just like the giant boa before, the star net makes a sharp beeping sound; if it comes with a relatively large body Yes, but the attack is weak, such as hens, and the sound is not so sharp.

    Other than that, there's only one case where the beeping sound may occur.

    That is, a human broke into the vicinity of the leisure winery.

    Because Witte has placed the signal in more places, the range monitored by the signal base station has expanded to about 200 kilometers. The man was discovered almost as soon as he took a step, but the signal flickered on and off, so Werther mobilized a nearby drone to follow up to see what was going on.

    Zhuang Jiu also opened the star net and put it on the side of the dining table, watching what happened to the people while eating.

    This is a girl who looks a little bigger than Tang Panpan, her hair and clothes are quite messy, and she can't see her true colors. The exposed skin was full of wounds, and blood kept dripping on the soil.

    In this perilous forest, blood can lead to deadly danger.

    The girl obviously knew about this, but her other hand was temporarily out of strength at the moment, so the bandaging could take a while.

    Werther adjusted the position of the screen in a timely manner to ensure that Zhuangjiu could clearly see where she was heading.

    She should have inadvertently entered the signal range, because the red dot on the star network that represented her flickered on and off, and it happened to be stuck on the edge of the signal monitoring, and she had no plans to travel to the idle winery.

    But the direction she is going in is quite dangerous. After walking a dozen kilometers, she will encounter a large lake, which is the lake where zombies often appear. The name Crystal Nucleus is the name given to the blue chip by Zhuangjiu, mainly for convenience. In addition, after observing the chip, she found that it looks a bit like an apple core, so she chose this name.     Of course, during this period of time, every time the zombies appeared, they were killed by Werther, and the crystal cores in their brains were also taken away, so there is no danger on the shore at this moment, but if this girl plans to live by the lake, It would be very dangerous for a few days.     Zombies can appear at any time.     She glanced at it and withdrew her gaze, motioning Werther to drop the Star Gateway.

    Zhuang Jiu didn't plan to save the girl, because she recognized the girl's bag with an indiscernible alliance logo, which proved that the girl at least once or is currently a member of the alliance.

    No matter what purpose she came here alone for, no matter whether she has now been abandoned by the Alliance, Zhuangjiu will never save her for the safety of herself and Xianjiu.

    It's just that when she looked back, she saw Aunt Huang and Dr. Cui sitting opposite her, and the hand holding the chopsticks was shaking slightly.

    The author has something to say:

    Aunt Huang & Dr. Cui: I'm so angry when I see an acquaintance! What should I do? Online and so on, urgent.

    ps: There will be a comment of 200 to add later (weird way to add more hahaha:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.2K 40
NOT MINE ORIGINAL TITLE: 在恋爱综艺做导师 AUTHOR: 十六月西瓜 In a heroine's Millionaire essay, the heroine is an amateur, relying on a love variety show to become...
60.2K 1.1K 96
I will build a city in the last days Author: Shi Yujiu Category: Science Fiction Space 520,000 words | Full text Update: 2022-10-19 Xubai was reborn...
7.2K 149 61
Food blogger, Ling Yaoyao, transmigrated into a female supporting character in the interstellar novel "Legend of Huanuo" with the same name as her. S...
3.7K 80 5
they said the end is coming everyones up to something i find myself run...