Her return

By NiallFictionx

Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to... More

Author note!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
[Author's note]
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
EPILOGUE
Author's note
Choose my next book's theme
New Story Out Now!

Chapter 51

10K 315 30
By NiallFictionx

RILEY'S POV: 

It feels great to have Alec by my side. All my discomforts and worries were banished when he showed up. I loved him so damn much.

I knew I should be mad at him, but he cared enough to follow me here. He apologized and showed me he loves me. I simply can't stay mad at him, because his presence made me happy, it was like a boost to my persona and suddenly, all colors and energy returned to everything.

We decided to return tomorrow with more time because it was getting late and Alec wanted to go to my class reunion that was still going on.

All heads turned when we entered, as if they were mosquitos and us the light. Alec already explained to me this. Humans felt drawn to us. We were almost otherworldly beautiful and as royalty, we have a pull for respect and authority, but humans didn't know exactly what they were feeling. They just felt sort of intimidated by our tall figures.

Alec kept looking everywhere, very curious about human school dynamics. I wonder if he has ever been to a public school before.

"I think there are some pictures on the boards over there" I point to the cork boards with memories of our generation.

"Oh! I really want to see you in your teen years" he says with humor in his voice, his eyes shining with mischief.

I roll my eyes.

"I'll grab us something to drink" I say and go the other way.

I pick a cup to start filling with punch. Rachel got beside me squealing and I'm not even surprised.

"Who. The. Fuck. Is. That. Adonis" she whispered-yelled. 

I giggle to myself.

"That's my fiancée" I say proudly, smiling at myself.

"Oh my god! He is gorgeous! where is he from? I've never seen him around here"

To be honest, I've never been someone who would show off, and I definitely am not used to being the center of attention and source of gossip, so Rachel's interest in me was weird. I had no doubt she would go and tell her friends after she is finished squeezing information out of me. I didn't really care, to be honest.

"He is from Russia. I'm living with him now"

"Wow. Is just... you were always alone during school, always keeping to yourself. Seeing you like this, with a man by your side... Is good to see you are doing good in life" Rachel smiles at me, laying a hand on my shoulder.

I smile at her in appreciation.

"Would you like to meet him?" I ask her with a smirk. It makes me feel really empowered and proud that everyone seemed to be drooling over my mate, knowing he is mine, that he chose me, and I him.

Her face lights up but instantly turns bright red when her boyfriend clears his throat behind her. I try to hide my smile behind my hand, focused on not letting a laugh out.

"So... Are we meeting Riley's fiancée, my dear girlfriend?" Trent questions with a raised brow.

I couldn't help but snicker at that.

Rachel looked up at him with puppy eyes. "Of course, my dear boyfriend! Was about to go looking for you."

"Were you, now?"

Rachel nods effusively. Trent rolls his eyes at her, but smiles, enjoying teasing his girlfriend.

I turn to go back to where Alec is and my body tense when I see Sabrina speaking to my mate, very close to him, her eyes looking up at him in awe. Alec, on the other hand, had a stoic expression on his face. He has on the facade he puts when he is dealing with strangers. He is now the cold, distant prince.

This makes even more special the way he treats his loved ones because it shows it is genuine and that he trusts you.

I feel my lycan growing restless, my blood boiling inside me. I force myself to take in a long breath. This was my first time among humans since I shifted, and Alec had warned me that as a lycan, I would feel my emotions stronger.

I breathe in one more time, straighten my posture and put a smirk on my face before walking toward my fiancée

"Hi, baby. Here, I got you something to drink" I say when I approached him. Alec's demeanor changed completely at my appearance and on his face appeared a warm smile.

"Thank you, my love" he says, taking the cup from me, and circling my waist with his other arm.

"Sabrina" I barely acknowledge with a hard tone. 

How dares she approach my man after our encounter? Is it that she has a death wish?

"So... Riley. Is this your so-called fiancée?" she asks with a mocking tone.

Gosh, these people have so much time on their hands.

"Yes" I simply say, because like I said before, I don't owe her an explanation.

"You know... It's kinda strange that you landed a man such as him. Because let's be honest, you, Alec can do so much better" Sabrina extends her arms with the intention to touch Alec's arm in a seductive manner, but Alec stops her by grabbing her wrist mid-air.

"And I'm guessing you are implying I can do better with someone like you?" he mocks her with a hard tone, letting go of her wrist. Sabrina opens her mouth to reply but Alec wasn't done. 

"I wouldn't fall that low. If you think that talking bad about my fiancée will make me run to your arms... Well, you are highly mistaken. What's more, this kind of behavior disgusts me. The fact that you don't have a problem trying to flirt with someone's else partner and attempting to break things off by talking bad about his partner in front of her, says a lot about the kind of person you are."

Alec's harsh words hit hard on Sabrina. I could see her confidence and arrogance fading the more Alec talked.

"So please, stop embarrassing yourself and leave me and my beautiful fiancée alone"

Sabrina swallows hard and leaves with her tail between her legs, not before throwing a deadly glare at me, of course.

I chuckle and lean to kiss Alec on the lips.

"Damn, that was fun to watch"

He grunts.

"It's been a while since I last put a human in their place," he mutters glancing at her retreating form with irritation "I take it this is not the first time she acts that way?"               

I nod, rolling my eyes.

"We had an encounter before I left for the cemetery, I thought she would get the hint and stay the fuck away"

I notice Alec clenching his jaw, hating the idea of that woman bullying me, unable to do anything about it.

"Anyway... I want you to meet someone" I say to distract us from the bitter after-taste Sabrina's words left us. I motion to Rachel and Trent to come and they do. I knew Rachel wanted to come faster like a fan to her idol, but Trent had her secure in his grip.

It was kinda funny seeing them like this.

"Alec, this is Rachel, an old classmate, and her boyfriend, Trent. Rachel and Trent, this is the love of my life, Alec."

They greet each other with a handshake. I notice Alec being amused at Rachel's clear adoration for him. I could also notice Trent was having a hard time processing Alec's presence. Him being the lycan prince, his aura was stronger and domineering.

After an hour or so, we decided to leave. It was a long day and I just wanted to lay in bed beside my mate.

When we arrived at the hotel room Alec rented, the bath was already set with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. There was soft music playing and red rose petals scattered around. I sigh in relief and strip from my clothes and got myself inside the bathtub without even giving Alec time to say anything.

He joined me soon after and sat behind me so I could rest against him, closing my eyes at his light caress on my body.

Gosh, I really needed this. Between arriving, fighting Sabrina and my sad show at the cemetery, my body became exhausted, and having Alec taking care of me made me feel so safe and relaxed. I'm just so glad he came after me. I think this is the first time we are together without the pack, and it is oddly weird and quiet, but there's no way I won't enjoy this time we have for ourselves.

I don't really remember falling asleep, but I startle at some movement and I am barely aware of Alec drying my body and carrying me to bed where he lied me on and covered me with the sheets.

When I wake up fully aware, I find myself in bed, caged between Alec's limbs locking me in place. I look up at him and smile at his beautiful face. Amazing to think he looked innocent and harmless while sleeping, but when awake becomes a dangerous creature when provoked.

With his eyes still closed, he smile at my light caress on his face. I lean in and kiss his lips. When I pull away he opens his eyes.

"I'm ready to visit your adoptive parents when you are ready."

I smile.

"I'm ready."

°°°°°°°°°°°

Thank you all for being patient with me, so here's a chapter. I'm sorry it took me too long to have it written.

If anyone has an opinion or want to chat, just comment and I'll answer. 

Thank you all for sticking around, love you! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 13.1K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
Hidden By Soph

Werewolf

901 57 12
[DISCONTINUED] **MATURE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT** **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS** WATTYS2018 I walk down the staircase, entranced with his sharp, angular feature...
63.3K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
2.6M 73.7K 83
HIGHEST RANK:- #6 IN WEREWOLF!! -------- I went into her room through the window. She was lying peacefully on her small bed. I went near her and bent...