Scorched Twilight

By _Arius

Revenge is a long and arduous journey, and Y/n knows he isn't even halfway there. His search for the third of... More

File B129: Sathariel
Prologue: Midnight Chase
Chapter 1: Westward Crater
Chapter 2: The Ruler in Red
Chapter 3: My Only Child
Chapter 4: Proclivitic Plumes of Two
Chapter 5: Boot Camp, not a Highschool
Chapter 6: Lights, Camera, and Finals
Chapter 7: Skadi
Chapter 8: Mother and Son
Chapter 9: Purple Ring
Chapter 10: The Smell of Smoke
Chapter 11: Dysthe
Chapter 12: Black Lillies
Chapter 13: Brothers in Memory
Chapter 14: Act of War
Chapter 15: Basket Hilted
Chapter 16: Seraphiel, the Abandoned Son
Chapter 17: For the Sake of Privacy
Chapter 18: In Deed
Chapter 19: False and Fallen
Chapter 20: Babysitting
Chapter 21: Double the Plumes, Double the Perniciousness
Chapter 22: Sparks Fly, Smoke Follows
Chapter 23: Brethren
Chapter 24: Antlers, Rot, and Fury
Chapter 25: First Ascension
Chapter 26: Delusional
Chapter 28: The Denouement of a Scheme
Chapter 29: Whistling Fire
Chapter 30: All You Ever Say
Chapter 31: Azeth Andrei Irune
Chapter 32: Alone Again
Chapter 33: Pink + White
Chapter 34: Line Without A Hook
Chapter 35: Novacane

Chapter 27: Paradoxical Promise

118 11 0
By _Arius

Chernobog, Ursus

Y/n woke up a few minutes later, his eyes restless and bloodshot. He noticed how quiet it was, the three occupants who was here earlier was gone.

Mostima: Yo, you woke up.

Y/n: How long have I been asleep?

Mostima: Roughly 30 minutes... You really love shuffling in your sleep.

Y/n: You should've woken me up sooner...

He placed his hand on the crate next to him as support, trying to clear his brain from the jarring sensations that comes from waking up.

Y/n: Where are the other three?

Phoenix: They went out on their own.

Y/n: Brilliant, the least we could do is not allow them to be caught in the crossfire. Let's go then? This will be probably be our last break before we reach the tower.

Y/n waited by the door for Mostima's signal that it was safe outside. Once he got it, his hand twisted the rusting doorknob and pulled the door open with a soft creak. It was empty outside, devoid of people, a dark hue coating everything due to the dark clouds up above.

A white substance caught his eye, then another, and another. It was small, but noticeable if looked hard enough, Y/n placed his hand out and caught one of them, realizing the moment he brought it to his eyes, Phoenix was the first to say it before he could.

Phoenix: Snow...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The giant chunk of ice that was FrostNova's prison was starting to crack, the surface too blurry to see the actual person inside. Men, women, children, all sorts of people in black and purple cloaks surrounded it and prayed to it in various ways, most made prayers while standing, some kneeled and prayed that way, while some started to read passages from a book.

"What is this?"

One of the cloaked women looked at the direction of the voice and gasped, recognizing the face of one of their important figures in their beliefs.

"I-It's you! His Incarnation!"

The word, "Incarnation" spread like wildfire among the group, as they turned their heads to Seraphiel who kept a blank expression, his interest solely on the prison of ice that he was pointing at.

Seraphiel: What's that.

"It's a offering, sir. For a Reaper to inhabit their body and consume their soul.

Seraphiel: Interesting. I've never seen how one is made, so this will be a first time.

"If it is, then would you like to learn how to perform a complete prayer?"

Seraphiel: No, I have no interest in that. Do not even dare to bother me while I watch.

"Y-Y-Yes, sir."

He was silent the whole time, observing the ice prison as it cracked every now and then. The cloaked crowd murmured in anticipation like they were about to watch a play.

Snow fell from the dark clouds above, the air dropping down to a temperature where steam escaped their chapped lips. The chunk of ice released misty cold fog, lightly dusting debris-ridden road with a layer of snow.

"Huff... huff... huff..."

The head came out first, ice cracking apart and into small crystal-like pieces like precious diamonds, her breaths could be seen coming out in short intervals, freezing the air it touches. Both of her hands was next, ripping away from the prison and breaking the rest of her body free with a heavy pound of her fists into the freezing surface.

Her appearance changed drastically, her cloak taking on a more ragged look with white frost dusting the ends, forming snowflake-like patters along the edges. Black bandages blanketing every piece of exposed skin as to hide whatever is inside her body, leaving enough space for a pair of soulless black holes for vision.

The cloaked figures moved back, partially out of fear, the other was to make way for the new Reaper to walk out. Thin, sharp, icicles gathered around her arms, as something much bigger was being made in her hands.

Seraphiel: Hm... I'll be going now. I've seen enough.

He'd seen it, and now he had no reason to be there. Watching a Reaper's birth wasn't on his agenda anyway, it was more along the lines of meeting Pride.

A chill blew on his neck, Seraphiel's eyes darted to his back as his body also reacted quickly, his arm spreading out like a balloon filling with air and covering his body like a shield. Icicles hit his shield in quick succession, the ice beginning to be absorbed into his arm as the yellow glow of his Originium arm turned to a blue shade for a moment and travelled up to his shoulder, returning to yellow shortly after.

Seraphiel withdrew the shield and looked at his arm, humming as snow was created from the surface of his palm.

Seraphiel: Much appreciated.

His arm touched the ground, ice started to freeze the ground and reached FrostNova, pillars of ice growing from the floor and trapping her in an even bigger prison.

Seraphiel: A token of my thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reached a certain point, Kal'tsit separated from the group, leaving Amiya and Rosmontis squad to get to the tower, while she would attempt to disrupt the power running through Chernobog, at the possibility of stopping the mobile city or to stop the tower from blasting city codes.

Kal'tsit was familiar with Chernobog, she had worked for them before, the heart that pumps power into the city was the very subject of her and her team's research. She was most likely the remaining researcher on that team left, as she had encountered none in her time searching.

Kal'tsit: Doctor. Wear your coat, the temperature has gone down a few degrees.

Wendy: A few!?! We might as well be in Kjerag with this temperature!

Kal'tsit: Then wear your coat. It's made with the purpose to keep you warm, not as a fashion accessory.

Wendy: It's still cold! How are you not showing any signs of being cold in that outift!?

Kal'tsit: I have simply gotten accustomed to it, a visit to Sami can do wonders.

Wendy: Oh?

Kal'tsit: Enough. We have an important matter to attend to.

Wendy grumbled, annoyed at how difficult it was to make Kal'tsit share anything about her. Maybe she felt a sense of appreciation and wanted to give her something in return, but soon realizing that she knew nothing about the cold Feline aside from how much coffee she would drink in a day.

This was why she was trying to learn more about Kal'tsit, she wanted to know more about the mysterious woman, and maybe a little more about her incomplete past.

The monster she saw in her, she still remembers its disgusting stench, gagging whenever a thought of it crossed her mind. Wendy had no idea what happened after it showed her a a part of her memories, only the moment she woke up on the hospital bed.

Wendy: Uhm...

Kal'tsit: What.

Wendy: I saw something... while I was unconscious.

Kal'tsit: I'll prescribe you a few neuroleptics and visual exercises you can do when we return. Do not let your condition impede our work.

Wendy: Hey-

Kal'tsit: Focus on the operation, the odds of success heavily lie on our contributions.

Wendy: Don't you want to talk about it? I thought you would be more concerned about my mental state considering you ordered Amiya to wake me up.

Kal'tsit: There isn't anything to talk about.

Wendy: Why-

Kal'tsit: There is no why. Focus on the operation.

Wendy: Please, Kal'tsit!! Do you know how hard it is having ZERO idea what wrongs you've done?!! It chews at you, wears you down, I can't sleep because of the things people keep saying about me!!! "Monster", "Psycho-bitch", "Freak of Nature". Do you think I'm one of these too!?

Her cracked voiced echoed her frustrations, just as she tightly gripped the Feline's shoulders. Kal'tsit looked at Wendy with a looked that wavered between her usual cold stare and a look of pity. She looked at the Operators tagging along with them and motioned them forward, as she and the Doctor will catch up later.

When she couldn't see their figures anymore, Kal'tsit looked at Wendy, seeing her frustrated expression, she only knew one thing she could do.

*Slap*

Kal'tsit: Step out of line once again and Mon3ter will be taking my place in slapping you.

Wendy: I... I... Apologies.

Kal'tsit: Enough of these outbursts, having your emotions and focus solely on yourself will only get you in harm's way. If you really want answers, then I'll tell you this for now. You are an experiment created from your father, whom Sathariel has been planning to kill for a long time now. We rescued you from one of his illegal laboratories, but soon after you lost control and... killed some people who were important to us.

Wendy: W-Wai-, no- this can't be...! I've... I've...

Wendy felt... distraught. She finally had her answers, but it was worse than she thought. All this time she blocked out the things people would say behind her back, her mindset being that all of them were just fake. But if those rumours really were real, then what is she?

Wendy: Am... Am I a monster?

Kal'tsit: Doctor Guo, you have almost no killing intent that even a fly wouldn't move away if you tried to hit it. But yes, you were at one point.

The rumours were true, she was truly a monster. Kal'tsit saw her expression, taking a deep sigh knowing that this would happen if she revealed the truth to her.

Kal'tsit: Anyway, you can process this later, we are in the process of an operation as of this moment. If you are unable to serve your function then I see no real reason than to send you back.

The Feline waited for any signs that the Doctor was still mentally capable to follow through the operation. Unfortunately for her, Wendy still looked distraught, tear starting to spring from her eyes.

Kal'tsit: *sigh* Marsupium, escort the Doctor back to the rendezvous area and wait for us there. She is unfit-

She cut off her own words as she shrunk back into the wall just before a left turn, hearing out of sync footsteps coming closer, then farther away, as if the person around the corner was walking around in circles.

"Uuuuuuuugh... This is so boringgggg...! Why were we given this job when another one of us is about to come out!"

Kal'tsit: We?

It was a male's voice. Kal'tsit waiting until she could hear him walk away before peering over the corner. The man was a Fallen Sankta, his cracked halo emitting a dark blue light with along with his wings.

Kal'tsit: A Fallen Sankta, a rare sight but there is an aspect that makes him differ from Mostima. Is this one of the "Reapers" I've been hearing about?

In her lifetime, despite the rarity of Fallen Sanktas, Kal'tsit has seen and met many on her travels. But among those, this one Fallen as of this moment was different from all of them. Sure, each and every one had different quirks and personalities, but Kal'tsit didn't mean that, rather she meant that his scent was jarringly different from others, he was letting off the unmistakable, horrible stench of death.

"Peek-a-boo!"

Kal'tsit was startled by a high-pitched voice directly speaking into her ear, her senses picking up danger in such a short moment that she unconsciously brought out Mon3ter.

She took a step back and quickly scanned the owner of the voice. It was a young, red-eyed Savra that lacked a tail, patches of dried blood stained her teal hair.

Kal'tsit: A child? What is she-?

"Finally coming out, Feline?"

Kal'tsit had Mon3ter block her body as a loud "ping" was heard. The biochemical creature that was her spine roared, one of its claws gone from the impact.

"Damn it, a few millimeters off. But still, good work Giltine for bringing her out of her spot."

Giltine: Roger that! So what do I do next Yama?

Yama: Restrain and execute, the folks she brought won't be much of a problem anyway!

Giltine: Right!

Giltine uncurled her arm downwards as a teal yo-yo followed suit and and dropped into the ground attached by a blue string. The yo-yo gathered so great momentum the dust started to move underneath it.

Giltine: Don't blink!

The yo-yo came back into her hand, but the moment didn't seem to disappear as she threw her hand back as if she was about to throw it. The toy sprang from her throwing hand with speeds that stunned Kal'tsit, who barely moved herself out of the range of the yo-yo.

It collided with the wall, sinking halfway before moving in the direction it was spinning in, leaving cracks and deep indents in the process before coming back to Giltine's hand.

"Dr. Kal'tsit!"

The Operators with her came to her rescue, targeting Giltine first, as they outnumbered her by a lot. Kal'tsit stopped them before they could lay a hand, raising her voice slightly.

Kal'tsit: You fools! Don't come near if you wish to live.

Another one of Mon3ter's roars, Kal'tsit saw how much damage Yama had done to it and decided to summon him back so he could restore his lost parts. Without Mon3ter, she was vulnerable, but on the fortunate side she only had to wait half a minute, enough time for Mon3ter to recover.

Yama: Hold her down!

Kal'tsit: Only I am capable enough to hold them off, I'll stall enough time for them to escape. All of you, get out of here!

Wendy heard her words, snapping out of her episode to look at the Feline. No, no, no, she didn't want this to happen, she had so many questions to ask about herself that Kal'tsit may be the only one who's willing to reveal it, albeit in a cryptic way if she desires to do so.

She got up from the ground and tried to reach the Feline, but stopped when she saw what was happening.

Giltine wielded her yo-yo like a sword. A straight throw was like a thrust, a curved one was a slash. It was crude, like comparing a hand-made drawing to one that was printed, yet still some aspects made up for it.

Kal'tsit evaded Giltine's attacks like it was nothing, she could tell where the Reaper learned it from, and she plans to ask him when she was presented the chance.

But for now, half a minute had already passed.

Giltine: Aha!

The Savra saw Kal'tsit hesitate, taking it as a moment where she could land a hit. She threw her yo-yo, but it was caught in the mouth of a green monster growing anew from the Feline's spine.

Kal'tsit: Mon3ter. Eliminate.

Mon3ter growled and came at Giltine, who tried to use her yo-yo to restrain the creature. Unfortunately for her it didn't even do much, she could only choose to tank the brunt of it.

Yama: No you don't!

Yama came from the side, parrying Mon3ter's attack with an axe as he carried Giltine with a single arm before backing away. Giving the Rhodes Island Operators enough space to back-up Kal'tsit.

"Dr. Kal'tsit! Are you injured?!"

Kal'tsit: I'm the head of the medical department, I can make my own diagnosis. And what did I say about the Doctor, get her out of here.

Wendy: No! I'm staying!

Meanwhile, Yama inspected Giltine for any injuries with a worried look, sighing in relief when it was only a few scratches.

Yama: Let's switch. I'll go close, you stay here and do ranged attacks.

Giltine: I can fight! If I don't, then I don't deserve to be a part of this family!

Yama: Tch, stubborn kid. Coordinate with me, we'll go at them with all we've got.

Giltine obediently nodded, her yo-yo being swung in a circle like a lasso. Yama brought his hands down and cracked the floor, pieces forming into a crude axe as glowing magma coming from his hands flowed into the cracked openings.

Yama: Now!

Giltine was the first to move, followed by Yama himself. Kal'tsit braced for their attacks, having Mon3ter station in front of her as she continued to observe her movements. The male Reaper was the first to reach, colliding with Mon3ter with an animalistic roar of his own.

The Feline could tell, that Yama and Mon3ter were nearly equals in close quarters, so they shouldn't be a problem. But if Giltine were to join in, Mon3ter would surely lose.

But the female Reaper didn't go to Mon3ter, but instead her eyes were on a different target, or more grammatically correct, targets.

Kal'tsit saw her intentions the moment she dashed past them. It was far too late.

Kal'tsit: Get out of here!

A slash to the left was all it took, all fourteen members of Kal'tsit's squad fell over as blood splattered everywhere and started flowing out in bucketloads.

Wendy: Uh-Uhn...

Wendy was the last to go, kneeling face to face with Giltine before the latter shot her spinning yo-yo at the Doctor's face, skin tore and bones crunched under the force, blood spat all over Giltine's face as she expressed joy at her work.

Giltine: Done~!

Giltine wasn't sadistic per se, but rather a sense of euphoria she got from the deaths cause by her own hands. It rejuvenated her, and in some cases, made her even stronger. Yama also felt this way, so did Izanagi. Maybe this was a way to motivate Reapers like her to kill more, to get that kind of rush again.

But she didn't have time to think, she only has to follow orders, and that was to keep anyone from reaching the Sarcophagus.

Giltine clutched her yo-yo and threw it, hard. It spun and zoomed with so much force, hitting the target that was Mon3ter. The creature didn't have time to react as its torso was destroyed in seconds, receding back into Kal'tsit.

Yama: Good work. She's basically harmless without that thing.

Kal'tsit: Tch, I didn't expect them to employ two Reapers here, this makes it more difficult. But what do I do now?

Kal'tsit was stumped, her squad was reduced to corpses, Mon3ter still needed half a minute to recover, and she had no means to reaching out to Amiya. She could take the blow and come back, but it would be too late by then. Seeing how the operation was going, it was becoming rather clear that defeat was very likely, with the final embers of failure left by the extinguished fires of their determination to stop Reunion renewing an even bigger fire that would be a war between nations.

"Uhdnd... Frahhrssh... kurbtuhh..."

Giltine: Where I'd that sound coming from?

*splat*

Like a mosquito on a hot summer day, a hand grabbed Giltine's head and squashed her against the wall. Her head was crushed in an instant, brain matter and skull fragments dropping down onto her lap as she lay motionless.

"Fururroruor... hsshhyiiitinn mnmmeee...

The hand was massive, and also rotting, with perfectly white claws that could be seen even in the dark. Its owner stood up as her hand retracted and shrank into a normal size. Once it did, she looked at Yama with a cold stare, where once her eyes was at being replaced with hollow sockets with blue orbs looking back at him.

She raised a hand and took off the remaining skin off her face as her skull morphed and grew to resemble a pointed snout. The two, Y-shaped horns she once possessed becoming longer, more wild, sharp, and darker, no different from a branch if the tree wasn't a monster that could haunt an adult's dreams for a long time.

Yama: Hey, hey. What is this?!

"Wiieenddii... guuoo...!"

The more time passes, the better her speech was. Wendy charged at Yama with almost no hesitation, one claw digging into his side while the other tried to break his weapon. Yama however, resisted and even started to push back, his surroundings now carrying a viscous quality to them as the temperature rises.

Yama: What the hell are you!???

The Elafia-turned-Wendigo had eyes that bore deep into Yama, before it began opening her snout-like, skeletal mouth, now speaking in a somewhat but guttural clear voice

Wendy: His Magnum Opus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Middle School

An abandoned middle school that was left intact after the initial invasion of Reunion was transformed into a camp, where the gymnasium became the sick bay and the rest of the school housing for the refugees they recently rescued

The gymnasium was packed, sheets were placed on the ground with the injured laying on them, waiting for treatment.

"More injured incoming!"

"Where the hell are these people coming from!??"

"Mephisto, do we even have people with medical experience for this!?"

Mephisto wasn't trained in the field of medicine, but since no medics were present in his squad, with the addition of his Arts providing some sort of energizing effect, he was given the role of medic by others. He also had some basic knowledge with first aid, but that was analogous like a child knowing how to walk

Beads of sweat flowed down his face as he placed pressure on the wound of one of the critically injured patients, he didn't know what else to do, whether to clean it as much as possible or bandage it with alcohol.

When he thought it was okay to put less pressure, he did. Mephisto wiped the sweat from his aching head, the stressfulness of the situation was pushing his tired brain to the limit.

Mephisto: Argh... This is too much.

"Khuf!"

The patient he was working on, suddenly had blood splatter out of the wound, Mephisto panicked and quickly applied pressure with the bandage.

Mephisto: Come on! Push through it!

She died seconds later, her raspy voice getting lower and lower before disappearing. Mephisto angrily punched the floor, this was his ninth death, another one that was done by his hands.

Mephisto: Another dead!

The Reunion soldiers transported the deceased bodies somewhere separate from the patients to keep the Oripathy of others from worsening. The Liberi looked at the empty space from where his last patient was, he couldn't take it anymore.

Mephisto: I can't fight on my own, and now I can't save anyone. What can I even do anymore? Had I always been this useless?

"You should wear gloves."

Mephisto: What...?

"To y'know, keep more bacteria from entering his body and becoming worse than it initially was."

Mephisto: How do you...?

Nikolai: I'm a doctor. Nikolai, you may call me. Get me some pairs of gloves, clean cloth, bandages, and alcohol.

Mephisto hesitantly nodded, putting some of his trust into the man. With what he and the others find amongst them, he brought what Nikolai requested, and watched him get to work.

Mephisto was glued to his work, watching Nikolai put his heart into it even when the patient was a stranger. He felt a strange sense of admiration, to be able to keep a level head even when the life of someone is in his hands.

Maybe it was just from the admiration for him, but Mephisto found himself wanting to learn more about medicine.

Nikolai: Haah... This should be finished. Hey kid, what are you still doing here?

Mephisto: Teach me.

Nikolai: Hell. No. You're too young to be a doctor, its way too complex.

Mephisto: Try me. If I ever complain or question your teaching, then you can cut off both my hands.

Nikolai: Hey kid, that's a too extreme-

Mephisto: I don't care! I've already encountered a wall I can't climb! So I decided to climb another wall, one that I know I can climb!

Nikolai saw something in his eyes, not a fire, not determination, but a cold desperation.

Nikolai: Goddamn it... Fine! I'll explain to you some basic procedures as I work, be sure to remember everything, and I say EVERYTHING, got it?

Mephisto: Y-Yes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central District, Chernobog

A different battle was being held here.

Amiya ran across the street with her black Arts bolting from her hand like zaps of lightning, Rosmontis threw her tactical equipment like nukes bad recalled them back. But it all wasn't enough, not when their opponent was like a wall, and for every wall, there was something they were protecting.

This was how Y/n and Patriot fought together. While this was their first time in such a situation, they both understood what was their strengths and weaknesses from the time they spent in the harsh tundra.

Patriot parried Amiya's Arts to the side and flung Rosmontis' wall-like gear aside for Y/n to burst past him and start shooting at the two members of Rhodes Island.

Amiya ran from the shots, feeling one graze her legs as she tripped, quickly recovering and hiding behind a car.

Amiya: Sathariel! We don't have to do this!

Y/n: I swear this is to keep you safe!

Amiya: I don't feel any safer!

Y/n: Then don't resist!

Let's run it back a bit, shall we? Before this all came down.

Amiya's team had reached Chernobog's center, where the tower in which Talulah is located in, stood. Standing as the last wall of defense for the half-Draco was Patriot, who stood at the foot of the tower with his looming presence, sending a wave of uneasiness to the operators.

Amiya: Patriot.

Patriot: Rabbit.

Amiya: Do you have an idea on why we are here?

Patriot: Indeed. Same. Could be said to you. About me.

Amiya: We don't seek a fight with you. We don't seek a fight at all, if we can work something out between us-

Patriot: I'm afraid that. I can't do. That. It is. My duty to stall.

Amiya: I... Is there no other way? If it isn't too late, you could ally with Rhodes Island and defeat Talulah together!

Patriot: We don't have the. Means to take her on. Not yet. For now, I will. Stop you from dying. A meaningless death.

Patriot stood tall, his aura changing into a pseudo-hostile air that nearly made Rosmontis attack, if it weren't for Amiya stopping her.

Amiya: We respect your will, but we can't just stand here waiting for the problem to fix itself.

Patriot: Then prove. Yourselves, that you have. The will to stop Talulah and her. Schemes!

Patriot pulled his spear back and threw it with as much strength as he could muster. The spear was surrounded by a dark red energy that made it much more destructive, watching the ground crack and move just from being close to the weapon.

Amiya ran out of the spear's destructive path, but not taking into account the explosion that would occur after it collided with the ground. She closed her eyes for a moment, expecting to be in a world of pain, but when she opened, Rosmontis was in front of her, her tactical gear shielding them both from the explosion.

Rosmontis: Amiya, get up!

Amiya: Rosmontis! Are you okay?

Rosmontis: It's nothing, just a few scrapes.

The Cautus nodded, checking the state of her face and finding out that she was telling the truth. Amiya moved out of Rosmontis' protecting shell, and conjured black balls of her Arts that made their way at Patriot, who tanked the whole onslaught in worrying silence, the worrying part meant for his opponent's side.

Patriot: Is this all you have?

Rosmontis: No...

Rosmontis willed her Arts to throw her tactical gear at Patriot, the shield-like  objects speeding with a destructive force. The tactical gears collided with Patriot with a lot of force put into it, the debris turning into obscuring dust.

When it settled, Patriot was unscathed, not a single wound on his person. Out of instinct, Rosmontis called her tactical gear back.

Amiya: That should be impossible... Patriot's self-regeneration Arts would recover parts of his body with Originium, but he doesn't seem to be using it. He also doesn't seem to be hurt from how there so was no damage dealt to his armor... Could it be that...?

Why didn't she think of it earlier? Of course this has to explain how he isn't showing any signs of injuries at all.

Amiya: Rosmontis! He's not fighting alone!

Rosmontis: What?

From an angle the Feline couldn't see from, a hand holding a gun moved out from the flat surface of her tactical gear, pointed right at Rosmontis. Amiya saw this and quickly shot her Arts at the hand, who shrunk back into the tactical gear.

Amiya: They're in your tactical gear! Quickly!

Rosmontis exposed the side of the tactical gear where the enemy was hiding in to Amiya, who shot her Arts without hesitation. The resulting clash brining the enemy out of the gear, showing their face to Rhodes Island.

Y/n: Fancy meeting you here, little rabbit.

Amiya: Sathariel! What do you think you're doing!?

Y/n: Fulfilling two promises I made!

In their moment of shocked silence, Y/n came to greet Patriot, who the former handed a piece of rolled up paper.

Patriot: Sathariel.

Y/n: I got what you wanted, now cooperate with me.

Patriot: As you wish.

To show that he was keeping his side of the bargain, Patriot kneeled in front of him, stunning Y/n for a moment before he quickly told him to stand up out of embarrassment.

Y/n: Stand up you old man! It's not like I'm your superior, we're just in a cooperation.

Patriot: I see.

A flash of red had Y/n pushing Patriot out of the way before black Arts was shot between them. They looked at Amiya, who looked furious as her eyes drilled into Y/n's, her hands filled with black Arts that couldn't wait to break out of her hold, like dogs out for his head.

Amiya: Sathariel. What are you planning to do?

Y/n: Well... First we're going to topple this radio tower right behind us, where Talulah is at. And...

Amiya: And?

Y/n: Chernobog is sorta fucked, so no one would want it anymore. So I plan to let the mobile city crash into Lungmen!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS I FEEL SO DEAD INSIDE WOOOOOOOOOOO!

I FINALLY got this chapter done after so much time last month was used on school. In the middle of Christmas break rn so I can rest easy for a bit and be a normal person for once.

Don't really have much to say aside from being sorry for not uploading last month. So, night then, I'm going back to hibernate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 54 17
(OC X Infinite Stratos) I guess you know where this is going. 2nd Male IS Pilot thing. Meet Yap. Growing up in South East Asia wasn't easy for a youn...
313K 18.6K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
23.7K 538 10
After fighting in a gruesome battle and dying, the Lord Commissar wakes up in a whole new world.
24.7K 1.5K 11
"J-Jimin hyung are you seeing what I am seeing?" "Y-yes....Kook..." A few days after Jungkook moves into an empty room in BTS's dorm, everything star...