The Switch (JakeHoon&HeeJake)

By ENCARMOA96

"Duty means doing the things your heart may well regret" - Jake "Opportunities only knock once, take risk"... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
End of Book 1
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XVIV
XX
XXI
Hi Guys!!!
The Little Royals

I

651 43 30
By ENCARMOA96

Sunghoon

I entered my dad's room with the folder for the case of Riki, the long lost prince of Segovia. I plan to use this to settle everything into place.

If we prove that Riki is indeed the prince, he can train and learn under our university and lead his kingdom when he's ready. I plan to ask Heeseung since he's his guardian to temporarily take over. I am still unsure about it but then I think this could help us big time.

Now, if Segovia will be back on track again, we can be partners, mine and Jake's kingdom along with Segovia will form the strongest alliance. With that, Jake will no longer heavily rely on our kingdom's resources and then he can marry Heeseung while Jaeyun will be with me.

Riki will no longer feel distant from my brother because he himself will be the future king.

Brilliant right?

When I opened the door, I was confused at an unfamiliar male seated on the couch facing my father.

I bowed before glancing at the boy who looks so lost and my dad looks so happy.

"Son, we found him, we found Riki .  ."

Wait, he knew about Riki? Did he know about the DNA test I did?

"Dad? How? Where is he?"

My heart is about to burst but what he said next literally shattered it.

"This is Riki, the surviving heir of the Segovian throne. . . - -"

Dad gestured towards the boy who then smiled making me almost drop the folder I am holding.

How can there be another one? Riki was the one who matched with the DNA, Jay and I personally worked on the process so how come someone is here?

"Dad, where did you find him?"

"I hired a private investigator to look for him because I just can't give up Segovia . . . they found him in an orphanage. He has this in his possession"

I was handed a white cloth with gold embroidery of his name, 'Riki'. It also has Segovia's seal which is proof to me that this cloth was previously owned by the King's concubine. This seal cannot be fake. But how on Earth do this kid posses it? Is it because he's the real prince and not Lee Riki? But what about the DNA test? Did the doctor made a mistake?

"You don't look happy. . "

My mind is blank as I tried to think of words to reply to my father. I glanced at the new boy who looks so clueless.

"Dad . . we cannot assume things just by this cloth .  . Did you perform a DNA test?"

"Actually, I did. . and these are the results. . . Riki here is the prince. He matched the DNA"

I grabbed the folder and immediately, my soul almost left my body when I saw how indeed, they matched. Did the concubine gave birth to twins? Or is someone trying to steal the kingdom? If yes, how did they know and why did this boy suddenly pops out of nowhere claiming to be the prince?

"What's the folder Sunghoon?"

"That's what I came here for father. I have the DNA test of Lee Riki. Remember the kid who was framed to have stolen Sunoo's heirloom? He matched 99%. He even have a strong resemblance to the King's concubine. And the baby picture of the Segovian prince matches with him .  . father, Jay and I worked on this ourselves"

"You did this behind my back?"

"I'm sorry. I just dont want to give you false hopes if we were wrong so I made sure that I am certain before I present this to you. . . father, I don't know who made a mistake here but . . but I don't want to assume things just yet"

"How certain are you that what you have is the right one?"

I gaze at my father knowing too well that he might doubt me. He has an attitude of believing what he thinks is right and if he believes that what he have is right, he will surely want to make me slip and admit that I'm wrong.

But I want to stand my ground. Jay and I worked on this and if I admit that we're wrong, not only did I make myself look like a fool but Jay as well.

"I want to ask you the same thing father. . . I know you did your work but you also worked behind our backs just as we did with you. While I worked with a trusted warrior and cousin, you worked with an investigator. I know those people will do what they were asked to for money as it is their job and I am not sure if what he did was out of his duty or out of his want for money. He can fake it. . ."

My father looked stunned and even his eyes held questions and doubt. He gazed at the other Riki who was seated on the couch.

"Why would you question me?"

"Forgive me your Majesty. .  I'm just merely proving my point . . the thing is, I confirmed from Heeseung that Riki is not his biological brother. . his family found him in the hospital after he was born. Jay did some investigation and spoke with the nurse who confirmed that the woman who gave birth to the baby is indeed the King's secret lover. . we even have a sketch as described by the nurse. . so I am this certain"

He pressed a button making a guard take Riki outside the room and I got nervous as it is either I am screwed or  I am on his good side.

"Why do you sound so desperate to prove it? Is finding Segovia their ruler really is your main concern?"

I can't tell him about Jaeyun nor about the switch because I hate to think of Zequiero loosing their friendship with us because of what happened.

"Could it be related to why you and Jake postponed the wedding?"

I am speechless making him nod and gestured me to leave. I was also asked to leave the folder I'm holding.

It is a nice thing that I have my own copy.

After I stepped out of my father's office, I immediately ran to the doors and without anyone actually having a clue what I'm doing, I hopped into my car and drove away to the training grounds of warriors. Jay will be there today as he will take over the training.

When I got there, everyone looked so surprised and I also am surprised as well because the ground is eerily silent. No one is talking, no one is moving and I think no one is even breathing. I walked up to them before I realized what was going on.

"Where's the chief warrior?"

One of the men on the front replied.

"He's in his chamber your Majesty"

"I command you to move. . . I will speak with the chief. Don't stay too long that way"

"That would be a pleasure your Majesty but we were commanded by the chief to stay this way"

I nodded before I walk to the house. It is like a simple house for the warriors to stay in during breaks.

When I entered there, I let out a sigh of relief at how the place is in one piece. I immediately ran to one of the bedrooms and panic coursed through my veins when I saw blood everywhere.

"Jay?!*

I called his name but no one responded so I searched the room only to find him sprawled on the bathroom floor, blood is all over him and he is unconscious. I ran outside and immediately grab the megaphone.

"Someone call an ambulance immediately! That's an order!"

All of them immediately ran to position as one of them called for the ambulance.

I ran back to the room and tried to locate his wound when I saw a deep slash across his chest. It's so huge that I actually am trembling and my mind is blank.

"We'll take it from here your Majesty"

I moved aside as the paramedics took him to the ambulance as they drove to the hospital. Words of Jay's condition was quick to reach the palace as the king tried to tame down the situation to not cause panic to the people.

I on the other hand stayed behind as I tried to search for clues on the situation. Jay is an amazing fighter so to be able to be wounded on his most critical part is telling me that he didn't put up a fight whatsoever. If whom he faced is really more skilled than him, there would be other wounds around his body or even a bruise but no, only the huge slash was present.

No weapon was on sight.

No footprints.

Most of all, no sign of force entry.

It is either Jay is at his weakest state as he faced a strong enemy or he allowed it to happen. A group of knights enter the crime scene as they began to observe the area for some clues making me step out to not interrupt. I examine the bed and the other corners of the room but it is no use.

My hands are shaking as I dialed Nicholas' number.

"Your Highness?"

"Nicholas . . . please . . come at the field. . Jay. . he . . he was attacked. . please. . help the investigation. . - -"

"I'm on my way Sir"

My knees trembled and I fell on the floor when I felt someone shaking me. My vision was blurry and my hearing was slowly fading. My strength is leaving me before I lost my consciousness and fell on the floor.

___

Jake

Sunghoon fell on the floor after he finished calling Nicholas. Medical team immediately attended to him as I joined them in the ambulance just in time for me to see Nicholas enter the building after giving me a nod. Sunghoon's hands are ice cold as I tried to call him.

When we reached the hospital, he was immediately taken to the ER as I was told to wait outside.

What on Earth just happened?

"Jake hyung!"

"Jungwon . . . what are you doing here- - -"

"Jay hyung was .  he was. .- .  . . what happened to him?"

My arms immediately wrap themselves around my cousin as he sobbed in my shoulders calling out Jay's name.

"I shouldn't have pushed him away! I don't really hate him . . ."

"Sshh I know.  .  I know that Won. . but don't worry ok? Jay knew that you're waiting for him and he's not a chief warrior for nothing"

"I can't loose him . . . I can't handle that .  .  . hyung what do I do?"

"Believe in him . . Jay will wake up soon . . and after they will catch the culprit, he will be punished really badly . . "

Sunoo with the queen followed as they asked me about why is Sunghoon in the emergency room.

"The prince fainted after calling Nicholas to lead the investigation. How is the king?"

"Father is doing fine and K hyung was left to look after him. Every warrior, knight and guard are on their highest ground right now. ."

Sunoo replied as he tried to calm his panicking mother who is close to fainting as well. I can't blame them, Jay is almost like a son to them and Sunghoon is her son and both are in the emergency room.

When everyone is calmed down, my phone vibrates and my heart almost jump out of my chest when I saw Jaeyun's name.

Can I tell him what is happening in the kingdom right now?

No, I shouldn't. He don't have to know. I cannot decide this one on my own.

"Jaeyun?"

"Jake? Are you alright? . . ."

"Yeah I'm just. .. Feeling sick that's all. . uhm. . . what's up?"

"How is everything? . . "

"It's going well. . its just that the king wanted to push with the wedding asap. . we tried to postpone it longer tho. . ."

"I called regarding the scholarship. . Riki declined . . . he didn't tell me nor Heeseung the reason..  He just declined it.."

"Oh . . I see. . but in case he will change his mind, tell me. ."

"Uhm that's all. . . bye"

I know he's dying to ask about Sunghoon and I don't know if I will sound bad but good thing he didn't because if he does, I might slip and tell him he's in the emergency room right now.

A chief warrior was attacked with a huge slash across his chest and no wound whatsoever. No force entry and nothing is out of place.

It is like the culprit is waiting for him in the bathroom and when Jay entered, he just slashed him across the chest.

No, that's none sense. It it were me, it makes sense but we're talking about Jay. He can sense danger in a mile, well that's exaggerated but he knows when something's not right.

Or he was taken aback. He was surprised.

____

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.7K 58
(✓) female reader x enhypen imagines fluff, angst, yandere oneshots and scenarios for lovely engenes ♡
9.5K 291 15
Just what the title says:) Requests are allowed and appreciated. This is purely a work of fiction. Do not mix up reality with this. Some chapters mi...
247K 4.4K 60
This book will consist of Enhypen BxB one shots. I will include all ships Feel free to request! I hope you enjoy!!
109K 6.4K 41
"If you're meant to be, you're meant to be" This is an ENHYPEN JakeHoon book. I'm attempting if I can do this for this group and I hope I'll do well...