HONKAI IMPACT 3RD x FEM! READ...

By AyakoShizuka

❝ Never be a prisoner of your past, it was just a lesson not a life sentence.❞ ✽ Honkai Impact 3rd/F!Reader ✽ More

↠RULES↞
CURRENT ERA
PREVIOUS ERA
Rebirth of a Soul - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Interlude-Kevin Kaslana Memories
Remembrance of a Soul - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
2nd Eruption - Sirin x Sister! Reader
My One and Only Master - Mei Raiden x Reader
Till Death Do Us Part - Su x Reader
Innocence - Kevin x Child! Reader x Hua
Soft Spot - Kalpas x Reader
Anger - Kalpas x Reader
Enemies to Lovers - Su x Reader
Individuality - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Will of Himeko - Himeko Murata x Reader
Family - Welt Yang x Wife! Reader
Jealousy - Welt x Wife! Reader
Acceptance - Yandere Mobius x Reader
Friendship - Sirin x Reader
Let's Start Over - Pardofelis x Reader
Confession - Kosma x Reader
Limited Time - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Misunderstanding - Pardofelis x Reader
Star-Crossed Lovers - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Second Chance - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
The Warmth of a Cold Touch - Kosma x Reader
Girlfriend - Kalpas x Reader
Never Let You Go - Yandere Aponia x Reader
Clashing Personalities ~ Vill-V x Reader
Broken Promises and A Shattered Blade - Kiana Kaslana x Reader
A Spark to Light the Trailblaze - Himeko Murata x Reader
Black Dahlia ~ Vill-V x Reader
Hope for a Better Ending - Elysia x Reader
Her One And Only Regret - Elysia x Reader
One-sided Eternity - Su x Reader
The Calm Cold of Raging Wind - Yae Sakura x Reader
The Incident - Yandere Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Gone - Yandere Herscher of the Void x Reader
Caring for the Sick - Otto Apocalypse x Reader
His One and Only Regret - Otto Apocalypse x Reader
GOLDEN COURTYARD [LIMITED EDITION]
Su relationship headcanons
What Matters Most - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Proposal - Eden x Reader
A Flame Under The Stars - Kalpas x Reader
Forgiveness - Su x Reader
Tea is Better than Coffee - Su x Reader
The Troubles Of Fame - Hua x Reader
Until Next Time - Kevin Kaslana x Reader
Kevin dating headcanons
Matchmaker At Play - Kosma x Reader
The Future Is Not So Bleak Anymore - Kalpas x Reader
The Weekend - Kosma x Reader
Valentine's Day - Sakura x Reader
Trust - Su x Reader
Stars - Elysia x Reader
Profession of Love - Su x Reader

Time Had Never Been A Problem - Fu Hua x Sister! Reader

3.2K 49 9
By AyakoShizuka

Requested by NathaCherish.

...

"A child?" You bent—waist down, arms crossed—to have a look at the little girl nailed to your sister's side. "I'm surprised, Fu Hua. I didn't think you'd take in another one. What's this little one's story?"

"I saved her. That's all." The immortal reasoned, however, she could see that you weren't buying her explanation because of the smile dancing on your face. She sighs. "She lost her family so she'll be staying here for the time being."

Fu Hua stared at you and you knew she was asking you if the arrangement would be alright.

"Of course, she can stay." You bent down to have a glance at the blue-haired girl only for her to shuffle closer to your sister's side. "What's your name? I can't call you 'little one' forever you know?" Not that you wouldn't mind, but who knows if the name you've chosen struck a heartwarming or offensive cord in the girl.

The young girl came out from Fu Hua's side. You noticed she did not let go of your sister's hand and continued latched to her side.

"Cheng Lixue..." The girl answered, shyly.

"Well then, Lixue. Why don't we get you something to eat? Fu Hua's cooking is super I'll tell you."

"That's because my food is the only dish you eat."

"Oh hush you. Now you're bullying your younger sister."

"..."

Your sister sighs and turns away from you, finishing it meaningless to dispute with you.

She speaks to Lixue. "I'll be making dinner. You can wait with (Y/N) while I prepare you something to eat."

The little girl nods. The immortal heads to the kitchen leaving you in charge of Lixue for the time being. You turned and found the blue-haired girl still looking after Fu Hua even when the immortal has left her vision. A few seconds passed before you spoke to the little girl seemingly enamored with your sister.

"Do you admire, Fu Hua?"

The girl turned her head so fast, you almost thought she'd snap her deck. Her eyes were wide out of their sockets and her cheeks dusted pink at being caught. Instantly the girl shot her head down and began playing with her little thumbs, not denying your words.

You laughed, amused by the girl's reaction. "I'm not making fun of you, little one. I don't blame you. Fu Hua is someone to admire."

"Does she hate me?" Lixue asked all of the sudden.

You raised an eyebrow at her question. "Hate you? Why would you think that?"

"She doesn't smile..."

"There are small moments when that cold sister of mine is capable of a smile. You just have yet to see it." The girl stayed motionless. Your words might not have been enough to comfort her. "Lixue, how about I show you your new living quarters?"

The girl nods and takes your hand.

...

"What are you doing?" Fu Hua asked as soon as she finds you and Lixue.

The immortal had initially come to inform you and the girl that dinner was done, but had forgotten about it as soon as she stumbles upon a peculiar scene.

You simply smiled at her. "Isn't it obvious? I'm helping Lixue decide what clothes she should wear during her stay."

Fu Hua drops her gaze from your face to the clothing piece you were holding. "I doubt she has any need for... those."

She didn't know why you were holding such a bright clothing piece anyway. The color was very distracting and would get in the way of a battle. Plus, it didn't fit Lixue.

"And what's wrong with these?" You stood up and crossed your arms while staring sternly at your sister. "As far as I know, you have no clothing taste."

Fu Hua was irked by your statement. "I know plenty."

"How about a bet? The two of us choose three outfits for Lixue to wear and whichever one she likes best is the winner."

"I'm not in the mood."

"You're forfeiting? The all-mighty, legendary Master Jingwei has decided to concede before the battle has even commenced?"

Fu Hua's brow twitched. You were baiting her. That much was clear and she should not indulge in your whims, but she didn't appreciate the smile on your face. Fu Hua would like nothing more than to wipe that smile off.

Her eyes lit with an unfounded determination. "You're on."

Lixue stood between the two fiery sisters, panicking. She was at a loss for what to do. Somehow this whole settling-in thing resulted in a competition to see who had better taste in clothing. Fu Hua turns, determined to rid you from your podium while you merely stood there. The little girl looks at you, wondering why you weren't leaving like your sister. You winked at her. Lixue was confused.

Why did you wink? Was it some sort of code? A hint?

While Lixue was mulling over the gesture you gave her, you walked up to her. She did not notice as she was busy thinking until you patted her head. Lixue glances up.

"Don't think too much about it. Just watch for Fu Hua's expressions." The girl was still confused. "Let's go eat some of the dumpling noodles that my sister has made."

Like that, Lixue's attention was diverted.

"Shouldn't... we wait for her?"

"It's okay. Fu Hua and I rarely eat anything nowadays."

"Okay."

...

"It's decided." Fu Hua looked quite smug despite the emotionless mask she wore. "Lixue will be wearing the clothes I picked out for her."

You shrugged. "That's fine. She might as well be your daughter. The two of you look related anyway compared to you and me."

"(Y/N)—"

"I know. I'm not adopted no matter how much I'm convinced I'm not." You raised your hand in surrender. "So, what happens next?"

You were referring to Lixue who was still examining herself in front of the mirror.

"I'll begin teaching her how to read and write soon." Fu Hua answered as her eyes descended on the young girl observing her attire. "If she wishes, I will also teach her martial arts until she is capable of defending herself."

"Is that so?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

Fu Hua looked at you unconvinced that it was simply nothing as displayed by the smirk on your face.

...

"Don't you want to make friends, Lixue?"

"I have you and Fu Hua," Lixue remarked.

"That's not the same. Fu Hua and I are like your guardian. It's not the same as being friends."

"Then... I want you to be my friend."

Oh? Your sister had always been Lixue's favorite.

"I suppose it's too early for the little one to spread her wings. Alright, I'll be your friend while my sister becomes your sole guardian. Does that sound good?"

Lixue nods, smiling.

"Good."

...

"Master! Can I call you my master?"

Lixue closes her eyes, afraid of what the immortal would have to say. Her worries washed away like dirt at the touch of a warm hand against her forehead. Her eyes fluttered open and found Fu Hua in front of her.

"Of course, Lixue. I'll be your master from now on." Fu Hua spoke, a wavering smile breaking from her usual emotionless exterior.

It was a sad smile, one that hides away the years of pain in the immortal's heart. Lixue did not comprehend all that contains in that smile. She only understood one thing. There was a hint of sorrow in her eyes that was well hidden by her smile. The young girl could not see past that.

Only you did. "Let's allow the little one to rest. The two of us have things to do, do we not?"

Immortality was a curse. Only by distracting oneself can one truly endure.

Joking was one form of distraction. It reminded people of good times and obscured the bad, but only for so long.

Fu Hua nods and gave Lixue one last pat before standing up. "Head up to bed."

The disciple did as she was told.

The next day, you and Fu Hua left. It was only when Lixue became a Schicksal Valkyrie that the three of you met again.  The Valkyrie had only one question in her mind that disrupted her tranquility.

Why did her friend and her master leave her then?

...

"I'll be off now." Fu Hua informed.

That's right. The Overseer of Schicksal has called for your sister to be a part of the battle against the recently awakened Herrscher. Lixue will also be fighting on the front lines as commander.

If only you were fit for the battlefield as much as your sister and Lixue. Regardless of your feelings, you bid her farewell.

"Take care." You said and paused. "And Fu Hua?"

"Yes?"

"Tell the little one I said hi."

"Of course." Fu Hua takes another look at your face before asking you, "Is there something else?"

She must have sensed your restlessness. You stood there, thinking about what to say concerning her question. In the end, you settled on a lie.

"Nothing." You smiled. "It's been a long time since I've seen Lixue. When everything's over, have the little one come and have tea with us."

Fu Hua should remain clear-minded. She need to be at her best for the upcoming battle, but the anxiety in your heart didn't waver for a moment. You've already lost so many friends. Fifty thousand years should be enough to harden your heart. Yet your heart remained human and very vulnerable to lose. You blindly hope for a different ending to an already tragic story.

"I'll be sure to express your invitation to her."

Fu Hua probably already knows of your thoughts. Why else would she have such a lonesome smile on her face?

...

You knew what your sister was like. Fu Hua has always prioritized her mission above all else. She would even sacrifice herself to achieve that. You begin pacing.

"Fu Hua..." You whispered as you stopped in your tracks. Your eyes gazed into the direction of where the battle was said to take place. "I await your return with the little one."

Lixue will be there, but even she is not an exception. You exhale deeply. This moment reminds you of past times. You haven't felt like this since Nuwa and Fuxi sacrificed themselves or when your sister's seven disciples turned on her. Both times you had stood on the sideline much like what you were doing now. Your hands tighten and you return your eyes to where they were at.

Fu Hua and Lixue were still alive and well, but for how long? Foolishly, you pray for them to come home. You should not hope, but you cannot stop. It made you feel human, a trait you have lost but not completely. You jolt as if something had struck you, but nothing did.

Your eyes widened and immediately you raced out of the house. You stop yourself after realizing that you were too far and that it would be futile to go. By the time you make it over there, it would already be over.

Fu Hua's presence was gone. She must have used the technique. That could be the only reason for her state.

"Fu Hua..." You might as well break the floor with your pacing. "Then what of the little one?"

Then came the second sense of dread over you. Don't tell me...

"Lixue?" You called out as if she was able to answer you. "No, calm yourself. Until news comes—" I must continue to believe she is alive.

You could not muster the ability to finish your statement. Somehow, you knew that Lixue was already dead long before Otto himself had delivered to you her last words.

...

"I'd say you made quite a record," Otto said as soon as you had arrived at his office. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone come as quick as you did upon receiving a call."

"What can I say? I'm quite the runner." You grant the man a practiced smile. "How is she?"

"Your sister spent over half her Fenghuang Down and taxed her body and mind beyond human limits." The man informed. "Amber has informed me that she has already left, but you already knew that."

"Where is Lixue?"

"Don't worry, old friend. We'll take good care of her. I owe her my life after all." Otto assures. "She left something for you. "It was an honor to have been your friend", were her words before she bravely fought to buy me and your sister time."

"Lixue..." Your nails dig themselves into the palm of your hand.

If only you were to hear me too say that I too was honored to be your friend.

...

"(Y/N). There you are." Fu Hua found you standing before a grave. Her blue eyes found their way to the stone arched planted on the ground. "... You've been visiting this grave frequently."

A sad smile appears on your face.

You turn toward your sister. "Do you know who's buried here?"

"I don't." She truthfully replied.

"A Valkyrie by the name of Cheng Lixue was buried here. She sacrificed herself to save the lives of Otto Apocalypse and two others. The Valkyrie bravely faced the 2nd Herrscher alone to protect them." You turned to Fu Hua. "Her master has taught her well and her friend is truly proud of her."

It was almost as if you were expecting something from her. You stared at her, waiting for her response. Truth be told, you hoped that the words you spoke would rouse something within your amnesiac sister, but you knew not to get your hopes up. You have lost the will to hope after countless battles.

"She sounds like a wonderful person."

She was a wonderful person.

"You would have enjoyed her presence." You told.

"You met her?"

You flashed Fu Hua a tender smile. "I guess you can say that." The two of us raised her.

One day, your sister will remember Lixue. It's only a matter of when that day will come. For now, you will allow the ocean to guide the immortal. You were willing to wait.

Time had never been a problem. Crying has never been a choice.

A/N: I won't be updating as often as I would like because finals are around the corner. Until finals are over, I won't be able to work on requests during this extended time. Just wanted to give everyone an update about the change in pace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 53 14
A retelling of Chapter 15 from Honkai Impact 3rd Disclaimer: I do not own Honkai Impact 3rd.
135K 6.5K 24
It was just a small challenge. Two weeks of not seeing each other. No communication between them. But that changed- and change isn't always a good th...
15.3K 399 17
There was a snarl and she froze as she saw blue eyes glow and she saw green fire. She wandered right into a dragon's cave. "Who dares disturb me whil...
62.8K 1.1K 41
First my honkai impact fanfiction. All in the stories are non-canon, that is mean nothing will affect to the canon story inside Honkai Impact 3rd gam...