The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 22

56 2 1
By betheyes

“Wrecker two on your left!” Hunter cried out as he dived for the door. Wrecker nodded to his older brother's orders, Tech smirked, it felt like they were back in the army with the way they were working. “Tech behind you”. The engineer heard Wrecker’s cry and set off a flashbang. Confusing the soldiers but soon they were unconscious by the giant's hands. Hunter smirked, the three looked down at the uniforms and smirked. They had a plan. Tech smiled, accepting the black helmet which would conceal his identity. 

During the time it took for them to get changed, Hunter radioed Rex who sighed in relief hearing his voice. Rex ensured that back-up was on the way, they would have to look for two wildcat helicopters heading their way soon. Hunter passed the radio over to Tech to describe the compound while he stuck his gear on. It only took a few more minutes until they were dressed and on the move yet again. They stuck to a normal pattern following others and putting on their best performance. 

“If I was Fives, where would I be?” Wrecker pondered to himself until he heard shooting from the nearby barn. "Follow what sounds like trouble" Tech grumbled Hunter smirked following his brother's eyesight, he patted him on the shoulder in thanks. Tech smirked leading the way, he fell back when they came upon the men shooting into the barn only to take cover when bullets came their way. Hunter smirked, signalling for his family to start taking out the enemy with their guns, although there would be bloodshed. They tried to avoid it as much as they could. “Hunter, this feels like a set-up, just look at their guns” Tech mentioned picking up a fallen gun, Hunter scoured his eyes over it. They were army based assault rifles. Hunter frowned, someone in the army was trying to set up Crosshair yet again but why?

Meanwhile inside the barn…

The shooting was muffled in his ears, "Omega! Hera! Keep him awake, do not let him fall asleep, use any means necessary" Kix instructed. Crosshair let out a pained scream as he tried to regulate his breathing, Kix was situated behind him holding him up in a half sitting slash lying position. “Kix, I’m low on ammo!” Fives cried out as he took out the guards nearest to them. Crosshair let out another moan, “Cross almost there. It will be a few more minutes until you're ready” Kix reassured the man despite him being 4 months early, Crosshair only nodded. He was stressed as hell but he had his dad with him, the only one he wished was here was…

“Crosshair! Stay with me!” Kix yelled at the marksman who was starting to drift off until something sharp stabbed his thigh. He cried out, Crosshair opened his eyes to see Omega with a small blade in her hand that was half submerged into his thigh. It felt like his lower half was on fire! Crosshair groaned squeezing Omega’s hand in thanks, he was going to murder Tarkin, Rampart and Sheamus once he was able to stand. 

“Nice shooting Fives! They are dropping like flies!” Hera shouted, “That’s not me!” Five’s reply made Kix look up from instructing Crosshair to take deep breaths. “If it's not you then who is it?” Kix asked. Fives looked back almost to say ‘How am I supposed to know?’. He only received the ‘look’ from the doctor, Fives held his hands up as he turned only to see three armed guards enter and bolt the door shut behind them. 

“Who are you!?” Fives demanded holding the pistol in front of him. Quickly three helmets lifted revealing Hunter, Tech and Wrecker. 

Fives sighed as he slumped slightly on himself, “Thank god, I’ve just ran out of bullets and without…”. Crosshair screamed as he felt the urge to push, Hunter was moving quickly pushing past Fives who didn’t mind but moved out of the way for Tech. “Shit! Cross, I’m here” Hunter whispered, taking Kix’s place, Wrecker moved the two girls away from the scene and decided to distract them. It wasn’t working one bit. Tech moved to help Kix, the engineer gestured for Fives to give him his hoodie. Omega offered hers too, Tech squeezed her arm in thanks. 

“Okay, Cross when you feel it push” Kix instructed his son who held tightly to Hunter as he felt the first urge. A scream of pain left his mouth but it was muffled by Hunter’s arm slightly. “Shit we have company!” Wrecker announced he picked up the discarded guns and passed them out. He, Tech and Fives took up many positions waiting on the ambush. Crosshair let out another cry, “You can do this, bring our children into the world” Hunter encouraged his husband who only glared but continued to do as his body instructed. “Cross! Stay awake!” Hunter slapped his husband lightly on the head, waking the dazed marksman. “Hunter he’s losing too much blood” Kix mumbled to the ex-sergeant who just nodded. 

Bullets began to fly again, Hunter groaned making sure Omega and Hera stayed down. Kix’s full attention was on Crosshair as with one last push managed to release his first baby to the world. A baby cry filled the room, it brought joy despite the current situation. Kix was quick to check her over, a baby girl. He wrapped her up in Omega’s jumper and passed the baby girl to Omega who held her as if she would break. Crosshair let out a groan as the second set of contractions made their appearance. 

“I can hear sirens!” Wrecker cried over the bullet fire. Tech signalled, “Rex is two minutes out!”. “Please tell me they sent a helicopter or something!” Kix shouted he received confirmation from Tech who turned back to the battle. Crosshair groaned, slumping into Hunter slightly as he finally managed to push his youngest out, Hunter held him close as Kix checked over the baby. When no cry made an appearance, Crosshair cried out reaching for his baby. Kix handed him over, Crosshair placed his son against his skin where his heart was and after a long minute. A cry left the vocal cords of his son. Crosshair sighed, allowing Kix to lift him to wrap him in Fives jacket before handing both babies over to the parents. Omega smiled at her siblings, the baby girl hadn’t let go of her finger since she held her. 

Crosshair smiled down at his twins, his children. Omega, his oldest, was loving the fact she had siblings. Hera watched with sad eyes but they slowly widened when Hunter pulled her over into their small hug, she smirked holding Crosshairs eyes until she found herself guided to the baby girl close to Omega. 

Kix watched with a smile, his son was finally happy. The babies seemed healthy enough but they needed to be double-checked at the hospital. Sadly sometimes happiness doesn’t last, Hunter had a genuine smile on his face as he looked down at his content husband holding all their children. However, something urged Hunter to look at Crosshairs face only to gasp. Crosshair wasn’t breathing, his chest wasn’t moving. 

“KIX!” The doctor looked startled when he saw Hunter’s frightened look, he gestured for Hunter to take the babies in which he did while Kix put pressure on Crosshairs chest. Sirens could be heard in the distance as the police turned up. A helicopter landed nearby alerting them all to the medical evac. 

“Seize all fire!” Rex demanded through a megaphone, thankfully his message was heard by many including those in the barn. Kix didn’t even wait for the bullets to stop, he emerged from the barn covered in blood. Jesse gasped running up to him with Rex. Before the two could fuss Kix said, “This isn’t mine but I need help in stabilising Crosshair, tell me Thorn is nearby?” Rex nodded, gesturing for Thorn who was in the helicopter, the man restarting the flying machine up. Kix nodded, he gestured for Jesse to come with and help. 

Jesse entered the barn to see the batch members standing around looking sick. He followed Kix around a corner only to gasp at the amount of blood. Hunter was holding two babies while Omega and Hera clung to him. Meanwhile lying in a pool of blood was a half-stabilised Crosshair. 

Jesse didn't even ask questions as he picked up Crosshair bridal style and raced over to the helicopter with Hunter following. No sooner did the door shut, the wildcat took off and they were on their way to the safety of the hospital. 

It had been two long busy months of challenges, Hunter found himself able to sit down for the first time in those two months. The man had been trying to juggle the twins, Omega, Hera and his daily life as well as trying to visit his comatosed husband in the bed. Kix ensured Hunter that Crosshair would wake but it would be in his own time. It turns out the drug injected into Crosshairs systems was not only to induce labour but caused Crosshair to have a rare reaction to it. The drug started to heal his body that had been destroyed by some of the cancer but the problem was, Crosshair was allergic to it. So his body tried to put him asleep to fight it while battling the other problems. 

However, Crosshair wasn’t the only one in trouble. Fives was asleep on the other bed, he had hidden a bullet wound. Kix had returned momentarily to grab Tech for a blood transfusion when Fives collapsed in front of them all in the barn. Turns out, he had been shot through the chest and he claimed it was nothing but in reality Fives felt he had no one to live for so he took a bullet without hesitating and then tried to essentially ‘off’ himself. Hunter shook his head remembering Echo’s face when Fives was brought in, Echo was the typical brother. He didn’t cry, scream or yell. He just called Fives an idiot in the most brotherly way. 

A groan on the bed in front of him alerted Hunter to a presence he had wished to hear. Carefully he made his way to Crosshairs side and stroked his husband's head. Heavy eyelids blinked awake alerting the other occupant to an awakening. In his excitement Hunter pressed the buzzer on the wall a little too hard but it didn’t matter as chocolate brown eyes met the teary polished silver ones. A hand cupped his cheek when Hunter leaned down only to kiss Crosshairs lips passionately. The marksman smirked and he went to say something when all he could do was cough, there was something in his throat. A blurry figure appeared in his vision, tears built up as he was unable to stop coughing. Thankfully hearing a familiar voice helped ease his suffering, “Easy Tristan, I’m just going to remove this”, Kix said softly. “Take a deep breath in” Crosshair did as instructed and soon enough the tube was gone from his throat and he was sipping on some water. He blinked a few times to clear his vision, he found himself looking up to see two smiles, one belonging to his husband the other to his dad. 

“Dad?” Kix looked at him with a smile, “See Hunter first and then I will explain” Kix rubbed his head, he turned to check Five's vitals before he left the room intending on ringing Jesse with good news. Hunter smirked feeling content as he moved into the bed behind Crosshair and pulled him close. The marksman was achy and weak but that didn’t stop him from curling into Hunter’s broad strong chest. 

“How long was I out?” Crosshair asked, he was aware of how hoarse he sounded, taking another sip of the water which was guided by Hunter. “Two months” Crosshair almost jumped out of bed then and there, he probably would have if it weren’t for common sense and Hunter’s arms wrapped around him. “Where?” Crosshair looked frantic around the room, Hunter sighed, gesturing for Crosshair to calm down and face him. 

“They are fine, they are actually in the ICU. After you passed out” 

“I died” Crosshairs blunt reply made Hunter flinch, Crosshair instantly felt regret. A hand on his chin cupped his head and lips pressed to his forehead.

 “I know, I just…”

 “I’m sorry Hunter” Crosshair looked down in shame, Hunter sighed shaking his head at his husband's behaviour he continued, “After the unfortunate circumstance you found yourself in” Crosshair smiled hearing the joke. Hunter tightened his grip as his tone changed into a more serious tone. “You and the twins were rushed to the hospital. During the flight, your heart gave up twice and the twins grew cold. We reached the hospital. In all statistics you should be dead, Kix had to restart your heart five times in the space of an hour, the twins due to being early babies had to spend some time in the ICU. I haven’t held them since you gave birth because they contracted a virus and it was deadly in their systems. Without Kix’s thinking, I would have not only lost you but them as well…” Hunter sobbed, Crosshair manoeuvred himself to sit in his husband's lap to pull him into a tight embrace. Crosshair rocked them slightly and hummed a tune, the best he could since his vocal cords hurt. 

Hunter looked at him with a smile as he cried into his husband's neck. Crosshair continued to hum unaware of the eyes watching from the doorway. "Argh" Crosshair groaned when pain shot up his groin area. On instinct Hunter was checking him over, "oh god, why does it hurt so much!" Crosshair whined to nobody in particular. Hunter only rubbed his back trying to take the pain away.

"That's because you are meant to be lying down and not curled up" Kix's stern voice alerted him to the doctor who was standing beside the bed with his arms crossed, although there was a smile on his face. He was still one scary man. In all honesty, Kix could make grown ass men cry just by activating 'medic mode'. 

Crosshair groaned as Hunter manhandled him into a more comfortable position so Kix could check his son over. Crosshair remained still only moving when Kix prodded him in painful places. The doctor made sure to glare at his son who only looked off to the side or at Hunter almost deliberately avoiding his gaze. 

"How's it looking Kix, is he going to live?" Hunter asked with some cheekiness in his tone. Kix frowned looking at his clipboard. "Your ribs should have healed by now but they seemed to have been miss alined. It looks like we are going to have to re-break them and then fix them" Kix said, his dark humour getting the best of him. Crosshair paled miraculously, he didn't realise Kix was joking and from Hunter's look neither did he. 

Kix looked up to meet their eyes only to gasp, "Tris. Hunter, that was a joke. Tristan is going to be fine as long as he rests through his recovery but I do have some bad news for you" Kix said. He watched the relief flood both of their faces. Crosshair glared at his dad while Hunter only raised an eyebrow. "What's the bad news?" Crosshair asked in a soft tone, Hunter looked down in concern. His hand found the marksmans and held it in a tight grip. Kix sighed, taking a seat at Crosshairs feet. 

"Due to the way the twins came into the world. There was severe damage and if I hadn't removed it. You would be dead Crosshair. You were bleeding internally and I almost lost you countless many times so thinking about your future safety. I had to sterilise you" Kix admitted, he searched his son's eyes, he didn't dare look up to see Hunters.

"What does that mean?" Hunter asked, rubbing a hand up and down Crosshairs back. His husband had gone silent. Kix sighed, "It means the fallopian tubes are blocked/sealed and this prevents the eggs reaching the sperm and becoming fertilised". Hunter raised an eyebrow. Crosshair gulped when it suddenly became clear to him. "I can't have anymore kids?" Crosshair voiced his nerves in his tone. "I'm sorry Tris but if I hadn't, you would have either bled out or when you tried for another. It would have killed you just carrying the child" Kix explained, Crosshair nodded accepting the hug from his dad. "I'm sorry" Kix said looking at Hunter who patted his shoulder, "It's not your fault. We both understand". Kix nodded, "Echo is on his way so when he gets here. I will explain everything else". Kix kissed Crosshairs forehead before he made himself scarce. As soon as the door to their room shut, Crosshair let out an emotional sob, one he didn't realise he was holding in. Hunter instantly wrapped him up and allowed his own tears to fall. 

The gift of children was a miracle and for it to be taken away from you, it was something Hunter never wished on anybody. Kix wasn't in the wrong and if Hunter was there he would have told Kix to save Crosshair no matter what. So if this is the obstacle to save Crosshairs life, Hunter went with it. 

"Shh, I've got you. Let it out" Hunter reassured Crosshair, the man he loved wept in his arms as the news struck him hard. Crosshair could never have kids again. However he was alive to watch his kids grow up, all of them. His thoughts drifted to Omega. After a few moments, Crosshair composed himself. 

"Aaron?" Hunter frowned hearing his name, looking down he saw Crosshairs twisted expression. "Yeah, Tris" The smile on Crosshairs face made it all better, "Where's Megan?". Hunter grimaced, "With Tech". Crosshair groaned at the blunt reply, he tried to manoeuvre himself only to stop when Hunter shook his head. Crosshair then noticed Hunter was trying to hide Crosshair from two people on the beds behind Hunter. Looking to his left, Crosshair saw what looked like Fives asleep in one of the beds, he had a few monitors on him. The marksman forced himself into a sitting position, he pushed Hunter's hands away, the ones trying to lie him back down. It was only then that Crosshair saw the guilty look on his face. 

Hunter shifted to help Crosshair who saw horror in front of his eyes. There in the two beds was Tech and Omega, the two attached to machines that looked like they were keeping them alive. 

"What happened?!" Crosshair demanded, Hunter grimaced. "Tris, lie back down". Crosshair glared at him, "Hunter! What happened!?" Crosshair made to stand when the door to the room opened, Crosshairs vitals were skyrocketing as he worked his way into a panic. 

Kix gasped when he saw the state of his son, "Shit!". The doctor rushed over to his son, he needed to calm him down before he had a full blown panic attack. Echo moved to wrap his arms around the struggling marksman. "Tris, you need to breathe before you pass out. If you lie back down I will explain" Hunter said softly into his ear. His vision blackened as he was lowered onto the bed, he felt something stab his wrist. Damn he had been drugged, slowly but surely his eyes started to close welcoming the darkness one last time.

"I'm sorry Tris but this is how it has to be" Kix's words confused him as he welcomed the darkness.

Ta Da! Stay Tuned for more chapters soon!
Thank you for all your feedback! I really appreciate the votes, comments and reads.
Next chapters will be up by the end of the week! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 5.1K 64
Order 66 has been initiated...And yet, the Bad Batch, besides Crosshair, are excluded from the ruthless act. When they return to Kamino, they learn t...
76.1K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...
2.5K 97 18
(This is my first story I hope you like it❤️) The Bad Batch finds a knocked out female human. She has no memory of who she use to be. She joins the B...
5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...