On Stage [Farkle Minkus]

By sebxstixnstxn13

"I don't know, I guess I just belong up there on stage." Girl Meets World Post Season 3 More

summary
epigraph
01 - summer
02 - summer job
03 - movies
04 ~ bakery
05 ~ sleepover
06 ~ auditions
07 ~ painting sets
08 ~ coffee
09 - preparations
10 ~ performance
11 ~ back to school
12 ~ weekend
14 ~ project and date
15 ~ movie role
16 ~ thanksgiving break
17 ~ winter break
18 ~ grandparents and christmas

13 ~ after school

70 4 0
By sebxstixnstxn13

"Do you like Randy?" Harley asked Cassie as he and Cassie walked into the computer lab.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "He's nice."

"Nice?" he repeated. "What about Farkle?"

"What about Farkle?"

Harley gave Cassie a confused look.

"I thought you liked him," Harley said as they sat down at two computers.

Harley logged into one.

"I do," she said. "I did."

Harley raised his eyebrows.

"You corrected yourself," he noted.

Cassie rolled her eyes.

"He has a girlfriend," Cassie reminded him.

"True, but... I think he likes you," Harley said.

"Why?" Cassie said. "Why would he when he has a girlfriend?"

"You got me," Harley shrugged. 

Harley logged into his school account. He had a few things he needed to do for the yearbook committee.

"Where's Gabe?" Cassie said. "I thought he was coming."

"I'm here," Gabe said, out of breath.

He had come in just as Cassie asked about him.

"Sorry," he said, trying to recover.

"Are you okay?" Cassie asked.

"Y - yeah," he nodded. "My - my dad just..."

"Breath," Harley reminded him.

He nodded as he sat down and trying to recover from his running.

"Drink water," Cassie added.

Gabe took out his water bottle and took a sip.

Harley and Gabe began talking about a story they were working on. They were covering the competition that math club were participating in. They were pretty close to winning and Harley and Gabe were going to interview them the competition.

"... we'll have to talk to them after the competition too," Harley told Gabe. 

"And take pictures of them with whatever prize they won," Gabe added.

Harley nodded. "I take the pictures."

"And I'll write."

It seemed like a match made in heaven. 

Harley and Gabe were able to use their talents to work together. Harley's photography and Gabe's writing brought more attention to school newspaper. 

"You guys should start a website together," Cassie told them.

Harley and Gabe looked at Cassie then at each other. Smiles appeared on their faces at the idea.

"We should," Harley smiled. "We can do that."

"Yeah," Gabe agreed. "That should be manageable."

"We'll figure out the details later," Harley said.

Gabe nodded in agreement.

The bell rang, signaling that classes are about to start.

Cassie, Harley and Gabe got up and headed to class.

When the school day ended, Cassie left the school to meet Randy to work on homework.

Zoey and Maya walked with her to the coffee shop.

"It sounds like a date," Zoey told Cassie.

"It's not a date," Cassie said.

"Sounds like one," Maya said.

"It's not!" Cassie insisted. "I swear it's not."

"A guy and a girl hanging out alone to study," Maya said.

"Sounds like a date," Zoey said.

Cassie rolled her eyes.

"Why do everyone think that there's something going on between Randy and me?" Cassie said, annoyed.

"Because he has a crush on you," Zoey said.

"He doesn't," Cassie said. "At least I don't think he does."

"Well, seeing that he's the one who's always asking you to hang out," Maya said, "seems like he likes you."

"Don't you like him?" Zoey wondered.

"I like him," Cassie said. "But I don't know if I like him like that."

"Is there someone else?" Maya asked.

"I... I don't want to talk about it," Cassie decided.

"Who is this guy?" Maya asked.

"It's no one," Cassie said, her face turning bright red.

The thought of telling Maya about Farkle made her feel weird. She wasn't sure if she should tell her or not. Maya and Farkle have been friends for years and was worried of what she'd say.

Maya looked at Farkle.

Zoey shook her head.

They got to the coffee shop.

Randy was already there with a friend of his. A girl friend.

"Hey, Cassie," the girl, Allison, greeted her.

"Hi," Cassie said.

Cassie met Allison a few times through Randy and a few mutual friends. They weren't best friends but based on the few conversations they shared, Allison seemed nice. Would Cassie hang out with Allison, she has no idea.

"Is it okay if Allison joined us?" Randy asked.

Just when Cassie was about to respond, Harley, Farkle, Lucas and Gabe entered the coffee shop.

"See, I told you they were here," Farkle said.

"Dude," Gabe complained, "there's a reason -"

"Hey, guys," Harley said.

Gabe stopped.

"There's a reason to what?" Maya asked.

"I was just going to tell Farkle that there's a reason to why you guys didn't say anything about coming here," Gabe said.

"Yeah, because we were walking Cassie here," Zoey said.

"See!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I thought this is where we're hanging out," Farkle rolled his eyes. "You're Randy, right?" Farkle turned his attention to Randy.

Randy was taller than Farkle. 

"Yes, I am," Randy confirmed. "This is my friend, Allison."

"You're from the Chemistry club in Lincoln High, right?" Farkle asked her.

Allison smiled and nodded. "I am."

"I remember you from the that competition last year," Farkle said.

"I remember you and the chemistry club from Abigail Adams losing to us," Allison said.

"Just you wait," Farkle said. "We will beat you this year."

Allison smirked. "I'd like to see you try. Lincoln High has never lost a competition."

"Until this year," Farkle said. "We will win this year. We've got new members and they're some of the smartest students ever."

"Well -"

"Okay!" Randy said, loudly. "Well, we were just going to study."

"Can we join?" Farkle asked.

"Farkle," Cassie said.

She looked from Farkle to Randy.

He shrugged. "I'm cool with everyone joining."

Harley, Gabe and Lucas groaned knowing that Randy wanted to hang out with Cassie.

Maya rolled her eyes and Zoey sighed, disappointedly. 

This was no one's plan today to crash Cassie's study time with Randy.

"Okay," Farkle smiled.

Cassie sat as far away from Farkle as possible.

She couldn't believe he'd do that. She only told everyone but Farkle for this reason. She knew he was going to crash it. As much as she wanted to hang out with Farkle, she was not intending on it to be this way.

Everyone joined what was supposed to be what everyone would like to call Cassie's 'study date' with Randy. She didn't see it as a date. 

"So, you two were going to hang out, alone?" Farkle said, emphasizing alone.

"Yeah, that was the original plan," Randy said, "but then Allison asked if she can join and now, you guys."

Farkle looked at Cassie. 

"Was this supposed to be a date?"

"Yes."

"No."

Cassie and Randy looked at each other. It was clear that they were on different pages.

Zoey and Maya both perked up, triumphantly. 

They were right. This was supposed to be a study date and Cassie didn't get the hint. She can't help but feel like this was her fault. It was her fault that she didn't pick up the hint or asked Randy to clarify.

"Anyways," Harley said, "what are you guys doing tomorrow?" 

Everyone began taking out their stuff. Cassie could sense Randy's eyes on her. She wished he'd look away.

"Well, I have baseball practice," Lucas said. "Hey, Gabe, Harley, aren't you guys covered that math competition?"

"Yeah, we are," Harley said.

"We are," Gabe smiled. "That's what we're working on now."

Harley nodded, confirming what Gabe was saying.

"You guys already started working on the story?" Maya asked.

"Yeah," Harley said. "We interviewed some of the math club members about the upcoming competition and took pictures."

"We're just going to write about the club and their preparations for the competition," Gabe said. "We'll then write about the competition itself. Oh! And Harley, Ashlyn said that she can help us with the story since she's in the club and works on the newspaper with us."

Harley nodded as he imported the pictures into his laptop.

"Great," Harley said. "Can you share the document you're working on?"

"Okay," Gabe said.

He opened his laptop and logged in.

Everyone started talking about random topics.

Cassie eventually got up and went to get a drink.

Randy followed her.

"Hey," Randy said.

Cassie wasn't sure what to say to Randy. She knew why he followed her to the counter, yet she didn't know what to say.

"I thought you knew this was a date," Randy said.

"Oh, um..." Cassie said, her heart racing, "I guess I didn't get the hint."

"Well, I thought it was obvious," Randy said. "I like you, Cassie."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Cassie wondered.

"Again, I thought it was obvious," Randy repeated.

Her friends were right, then. Randy did like her and intended it to be a date.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the signs," Cassie said.

"Hey, it's okay," Randy assured her.

"If it was a date," Cassie said, "how come you brought Allison with you? You said that she wanted to join us then say it was supposed to be a date."

"Well, um," Randy said, "she said she needed help and since we were studying together, it might be okay."

"But, hey, I can't say much," Cassie said, "I thought we were just hanging out as friends and didn't think this was a date."

Randy smiled.

"So," he said, "do you want to go on a date with me?"

Cassie glanced at Farkle, who was talking to Maya about something.

"Um," Cassie looked back at Randy, "yeah, sure."

Randy smiled. "Great. I'll - I'll text you."

Cassie nodded.

"I'll, uh, I'm going to go back and rejoin the rest of the group," Randy said.

Cassie nodded. "Okay."

Randy rejoined the group and Cassie turned around.

Farkle looked up at Randy and stood up. He walked over to Cassie.

"So, what did you and Randy talk about?" he asked.

"Oh, um," Cassie hesitated.

At that moment, guilt hit her. 

She felt guilty for going on a date with Randy. Facing Farkle and thinking about going on a date with Randy made her feel guilty. Telling Farkle and seeing his reaction made her feel worse.

Why is she feeling guilty? Farkle doesn't even like her like that. He had a girlfriend who, Cassie only hoped, was happy with. She has no reason to feel guilty to go on a date with Farkle, yet here she is.

"Um, Randy asked me out on a date," Cassie forced those words out of her mouth.

Farkle's face fell.

"A date?" he repeated.

He sounded hurt or betrayed.

"Yeah," Cassie said.

"Why?" he demanded. "Out of all guys, why him?"

Cassie gave him a puzzled look.

"Because he's nice," Cassie said, "and likes me."

"And do you like him?"

Cassie took a deep breath.

"Yes, I do," Cassie said.

"Do you have feelings for him?" Farkle raised his eyebrows.

Cassie's milkshake was finally ready.

"I don't know," Cassie said, "but I hope to figure out how I feel for him on the date."

"But - but -" Farkle stuttered, "you could go out on a date with any guy and - and you're going on a date with a guy who's friends with the enemy."

"The enemy?" Cassie scoffed. "Allison isn't the enemy."

"She is," Farkle insisted. "We're competing at that chemistry competition."

"Farkle, it's a competition," Cassie reminded him. "Wasn't Smackle the enemy until you guys started dating and she transferred to high schools for you?"

Farkle tried to find the words to say, but couldn't.

Gabe told Cassie, Zoey and Harley all about how Smackle became friends with them and how Farkle always lost to Smackle in the debate competitions. She liked Farkle this entire time and it took Farkle a little longer to figure out his feelings for her and the two began dating. She left her old school and came to Abigail Adams High School with them when they started high school the previous school year.

Cassie picked up her milkshake.

"Farkle, I'm going on this date with Randy," Cassie said. "Say what you want about Randy, but that won't stop me. I'm going to sit down and continue working on homework."

Cassie rejoined the group and continued to work on her homework.

Just as she sat down, Farkle walked back over to the group and took his seat again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 390 25
"𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨...
108K 2.1K 48
[Completed] "You can make anything by writing." Girl Meets World Season 1 - 2
11.6K 134 63
Join Maya , Lucas Farkle ,Zay, Smakle , and Riley as the start there senior year of high school there is lucaya in this story .
93.3K 2.1K 75
♡ Corbrina Social Media Fanfic ♡ Corey and Sabrina were always close but since the ending of Girl Meets World they've grown even closer, hanging out...