The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 20

44 3 4
By betheyes

"Caden. Ahsoka. Fives come with me" Wolffe said, taking the keys off Jesse for access to the other side of the house away from prying eyes. The pack leader watched as the three left the room without a word, he sent a stern look Jesse's way, his brother got the message. In other words 'Watch Comet and Sinker'. Jesse only nodded allowing his oldest brother to deal with the other three. Echo stood worried, his hands were sweating for his twin. A hand on his arm made him look up to see Tech who wrapped him up in a hug and gestured over to Crosshair who was now awake and looking at the door. Hunter's hand was rubbing his back in comfort. The pregnant marksman looked deadly uncomfortable with the way Sheila was glaring at him. 

"Aunt Sheila, can you pass Lula please?" Omega asked, distracting the woman who smiled at her niece. Omega had become close to Sheila in the past week she had spent by her side. Hera on the other hand wasn't a big fan of the woman, she reminded her too much of her own mother, Eleni Syndulla. An individual with a tricky eye noticed Hera's discomfort and moved out of Hunter's lap. "Hera, come here" Crosshair said softly, the young girl turned and climbed into Crosshairs lap. She snuggled closer. Hera was a little weak but that's because her body still had the side effects from the flu she had last week. Tech smiled at his brother who rolled his eyes at the looks from the batch. Omega walked over to Crosshair and surprised him when she squeezed in between him and Hunter. The marksman expected for her to cuddle into Hunter's side but she was full of surprises as she curled into his own. Hunter looked at him in disbelief while Crosshair just smirked slightly but then grimaced as his unborn twins decided now was time to do flips.

"Woah!" Omega cried out when she felt movement where her head rested. Crosshair looked down at her and only nodded to say she could feel. Omega smiled as her hand was directed by Hunter to Crosshairs stomach, the man felt like something you would find in the museum. Let's prod and stare at him, I'm sure he won't be arsed, Crosshair thought sarcastically. Tech noticed the look on his twins face and groaned out-loud startling Echo who looked at him in concern. Tech just waved him off as he gestured to Wrecker to do something. Wrecker got his message and soon enough Crosshair felt the older man rubbing soothing circles on his back. Hunter smirked thanking his brother since he was currently occupied with Comet playing with his short yet long hair. It was held up by his bandana, others said it was too long but Crosshair liked it and so did Hunter and they were the only opinions that mattered to him. 

The peaceful silence was interrupted by the slamming of a door through the house, due to its size. It echoed for quite some time. An individual appeared in the doorway. All heads turned to see a furious Wolffe. Howzer jumped to his feet when Wolffe slammed into his chest. The captain wrapped him up holding him close, Howzer directed them from the room away from eyes as he tried to work out what had happened. Of course, Howzer knew why they were having a discussion but he had kept it to himself due to Wolffe's insistence. 

Comet and Sinker shared looks when the door to the room reopened revealing a frantic Rex. 

"Jesse, where's Wolffe?" Jesse only stood up, crossing his arms. "What did you say?" Jesse demanded. Rex looked out the window in shame as he mumbled something. "What was that, I don't speak idiot?" The normal calm swat police officer looked angry, never in his life had Jesse seen Wolffe in that state. Obviously whatever Rex said really affected their eldest brother. 

"I mentioned Sandy" Rex gasped when he found himself shoved into the wall by Jesse who moved out of the room going to find his brother. Rex only groaned. Jesse wasn't the brother to get angry often, he was the middle child, the calm one.

Rex stood staring at his hands and leaned against the wall. A hand on his shoulder granted him to look up at Sheila who wore a look of concern. "Where's Ahsoka?" She asked. "I'm here mum" Ahsoka said with tears in her eyes from the doorway. "What's happened?" Sheila asked, looking at the two who hung their heads in shame. 

"Crosshair?" The marksman looked up to see Fives leaning against the opposite doorway, he gestured for the man to come over. Crosshair did just that under the watchful gaze of Echo and Hunter. The police officer handed something over to Crosshair who took it with a smile. Fives winked, Crosshair was aware of the emotional wall Fives was hiding behind but it wasn't Crosshairs place to address the issue. Once Crosshair moved back over to Hunter, Echo followed his twin who silently sent a communication to him. 

Echo followed him all the way to Five's bedroom. Closing the door behind him, Echo turned to say something only to watch as his twin collapsed as he sobbed. Echo was across the room and kneeling to hold Fives quicker than one could blink. Fives just held tightly to his twins jacket as Echo rubbed his back up and down. The room was filled with Fives sobs and Echo's reassurance, footsteps at the door alerted Echo to a presence but that shortly disappeared. 

"They have been going behind my back for a year!" Fives cried out, Echo only tightened his grip on his devastated twin. "What the hell was I? Was I just Rex's…toy?" Fives mumbled to himself only making himself even more upset. Echo twisted slightly as he reassured his brother it wasn't his fault. "You are never that, understand Fives. Rex doesn't deserve someone as unique as you. I am here for you to rant, I will pick you up when you drop and I'm sure a particular marksman if you ask will shoot on command" Echo said which prompted a smile out of the two. "Lee?" Echo looked down hearing his name, "Yes Evan?". 

Fives smiled hearing his birth name but his smile disappeared, "Why doesn't anyone love me? First mother, then father, Frank, Ariel, George and now Rex!" Fives whined, Echo on instinct wrapped his twin up as Fives rant and cursed the day away and cried all he had on the inside that had built up for years. Some of it didn't make sense to Echo but at least it was out in the world.

An hour later…

A bang from downstairs sounding like a gunshot had Echo and Fives rushing out of their rooms. Fives was leading, he ran down the stairs and jumped the railing only to gasp. Obi-one had Crosshair in hand cuffs and the marksman was glaring back at him while Cody frowned trying to work out what had happened. 

"Let him go, he didn't do anything" Hunter yelled, the rest of the batch behind him. 

"Didn't do anything, this man is responsible for a lot of things and some of which he should have been executed for but instead he was favoured and sent home. This man, Omega's bloody father, is responsible for trespassing on private property. He needs to be taken to the police station for further evaluation!" Obi-one said with a distinctive tone. 

"What property!? Cross has been with me the whole time" Hunter shouted getting angry. Crosshair rolled his eyes wondering what excuse Obi-one had this time. 

"For trespassing on Property 247" 

"Oh come on that was five fucking years ago" Crosshair swore, he then took his own handcuffs off and within a snap and click they were on Cody's wrists. "If we are going to do this, we might as well do this right, I can count several times you stepped out of line and I covered you arse. Almost like the time you lost your job and it was going to be given to Skywalker when…" "Shut your trap Crosshair!" Obi-one shouted getting in the marksman's face, Crosshair only grinned as he finally got to the man who made his daily life a living hell. Rex and Jesse watched from the side of the room where Wolffe stood, the man wore an unreadable expression on his face. Howzer was squeezed beside him in between him and Rex. 

"That's not the point! You can't defend yourself through blackmail.." 

"Oh I can! Just because I have 3 more months left of serving under your command doesn't mean you can do whatever the fuck you want to get your way. Who's to say you're not covering for your son again?!" Crosshair yelled in a tone no one knew he had, it was full of fury. Hunter took the moment to wrap an arm around him and pull him back towards the batch. 

Cody sighed knowing this argument was going nowhere. "Crosshair, please watch what you say. We could extend your serving time if you keep this up" Crosshair turned to face Cody, "Do as you wish. I couldn't care less not when I will be dead in six years! Probably less since results from my appointment yesterday. You know what fuck cancer, fuck you and I hope you see the bigger picture soon, otherwise I'm sure Tarkin and Rampart will blow another building because of your arrogance!" Crosshair yelled, he shoved Hunter's hands away from his body.

"Fives!" The police officer handed over his motorbike keys without hesitation. Fives had already gotten another spare bike which he had labelled Crosshair which meant the marksman could ride it whenever he felt like it. Crosshair took the keys, grabbed the helmet and stormed from the room. Hera and Omega shared a look, the two had no clue, Crosshair was sick. The instant guilt Omega felt was mirrored on Obi-ones face. Cody sighed, putting the cuffs away and apologising to Hunter who only ignored him as he rushed outside in the direction his husband had fled.

The roar of the engine of the bike left those watching in tears, Crosshair pushed the bike to its maximum. His passenger didn't say a word, Hunter had watched as Tech climbed on without a word and wrapped his arms around his brother without hesitation. Crosshair was angry and it could be shown by the way he drove.

"Fives would you?" Rex gestured to Crosshair. "Not for your sake but for Hunter's sure" Fives said in the mix of a happy and angry tone. Echo watched as his twin walked over to his own bike and climbed on. He waited for him to speed off but Fives didn't move as he gestured for Hunter to get on. Hunter didn't hesitate, Wrecker pushed him forward as he silently said, 'I will watch the girls'. 

Soon enough two bikes sped at different speeds through the sunsetting sky. Fives pushed his bike further, he turned the sirens on as he weaved in between traffic to catch up to the emotional marksman. Tech pressed closer to his brother in an attempt to comfort. Hunter's thoughts were all over the place but as he held onto the thought of his unborn children. He found himself trusting Fives even more, especially since they were doing 140 in a 70 zone. 

Hunter watched as Fives pulled off the highway, he had no clue where they were going but he knew he would soon find out. The two pulled up to a dark house where they found Crosshairs two bikes parked out front. Well one was Fives spare one, it was locked up against the gate. Tech was standing beside it looking towards the house where a familiar police car sat. Fives smiled recognising Jesse's car although the man was back at Rex's, the car was still a unique one.

Hunter sighed following Tech up the steps into the house belonging to none other than Kix. A grunt behind the two belonged to Fives as he chained his bike up, since it was beginning to darken outside. Tech gestured for Hunter to enter first, the older man just rolled his eyes as he walked into the living room only to come face to face with a furious Kix holding a sobbing Crosshair. 

"What happened?!" Kix demanded as he stroked Crosshairs back in an up and down motion. The marksman's sobs had died down and the odd sniffle could be heard. Hunter frowned as Tech explained in full detail about what had just happened. Hunter's full attention was on his husband who moved slightly to face them. Hunter saw one thing in his husband's chocolate eyes that he wished to never see again.

'Abandonment, hurt and betrayal'. Hunter moved on instinct, he allowed Kix to move before he gently wrapped his arms of love around Crosshair and pulled him tightly towards him. The pregnant man just cried into Hunter's chest, his husband made sure to hide him from view. In a sense it gave Crosshair some comfort to be shielded. Footsteps to the right revealed Tech and Fives. 

Kix watched as Crosshair reached for them as well and together the three of them comforted his son. Crosshair looked up when a hand stroked his head, Kix smiled down at him as he made a signal to say, 'Jesse's on his way'. Crosshair only smiled while he pressed further into the arms of safety. All that was missing was the rest of his family Echo, Wrecker, Jesse, Omega, Hera and 99. 

Tears sprung from his eyes, he tried to keep them at bay but found he couldn't. A gentle hand caressed his face and wiped the tears and kissed him softly. Crosshair mumbled something which only tightened their grip on him.

Ta Da! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments! : )
Please be patient and stay tuned for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632 21 7
Elara. The name implies joy and warmth. Such as how Elara Adora was seen when she lived with her mother before being forced to flee. Such as shown wh...
3.6K 80 11
πŸŒ₯ - Fluff 😚 - Standard stuff πŸ“ - Sexually suggestive (16+) πŸ‹ - Sexual sex (18+) β›ˆ - Angst (please have caution) DM or comment your requests and I...
1.2K 21 15
In one universe, when Order 66 came through, it's Hunter's inhibitor chip which activates, leaving the Bad Batch floundering with their leader's sudd...
5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...