The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 19

54 2 1
By betheyes

Hunter smiled at the singing in the vehicle. It seemed to be a regular thing with Wrecker and the girls, it felt nice. He was enjoying the drive until he saw Jesse pull over so he followed behind the police car and frowned. An explosion up ahead caused panic on the empty road. Hunter made sure the girls stayed in the car with Wrecker while he investigated. Running ahead he found Rex, Ahsoka and Sheila standing six feet away from their car that was on fire. Jesse and Kix had their fire extinguishers blasted at the car while Crosshair and Fives looked angry with their own. Hunter noticed something wasn't right about the situation, he grabbed Crosshairs waist and hauled him back behind Jesse's car just on time as a car pulled up beside them and bullets started flying. 

Wrecker was quick to dive and grab the two girls before he pushed them out of the car and behind it for safety. Soon enough gun shots flew from all directions as Jesse and Fives were armed, the two started shooting back and the vehicle which started all of it left in a bit of a hurry. 

Once it was clear and Fives dubbed it so, the man had nothing but a burnt shoulder from when he dived almost into the flames. Jesse called it in, he spent ten minutes on the phone with Cody while the recovery crew turned up to take Rex's car and investigate. Fives called in a favour from a fellow police officer who took up the scene allowing the family to travel back to Rex's. 

Once he knew Crosshair was safe in Fives car, Hunter hurried over to the shaking girls and climbed in the back with them to wrap them in a hug leaving Wrecker to drive with Tech in the front since Echo squeezed in Fives with Rex while Ahsoka and Sheila jumped into Jesse's. After another ten minutes of driving, the group piled into Rex's house. Fives was meant to be the first one home but due to the unfortunate circumstances, he was last to enter so he made sure the gates were locked via the code. Only those who knew it could answer and only five people actually knew the code; these included Fives, Rex, Jesse, Crosshair and Wolffe. Not even Ahsoka knew since she was often buzzed in by Rex or Fives. 

Rex called it paranoia but Fives called it security, Rex never understood but put up with it for Fives sake. Since Rex owned part of the house he didn't mind, Wolffe actually owned the property but Rex had bought it from his older brother and was slowly paying it over time. 

"Please do come in" Rex said with a smile despite what happened and them all wearing black. Not that it was normal for some. Hunter ushered Omega and Hera into the house, the two mesmerised at the chandelier. Omega thought their house was huge but seeing Rex's it made their home feel tiny. Echo watched as Jesse walked straight over to the cupboard holding the alcohol almost like he had been here before. It was obvious Jesse wasn't going anywhere tonight and he owned the other part of the house but didn't stay often enough. So the other side was half the time empty or used for special occasions such as birthdays. 

The house showed all of Wolffe's hard work to get where they were today. The eldest brother had put all his effort into making sure his two younger brothers were comfortable enough to live without arrogance. Some people thought they had too much money for a house that big only to learn that it was how big their hearts were to show their love. A bit cheesy if you asked some people but their opinions didn't care unless you were Fives. Speaking of the man, he entered the house only to pop upstairs to get out of his suit and put his uniform on. He was on the later shift and no rest was set for the wicked, he considered asking Crosshair to join him but after Hunter's look it seemed he would patrol alone tonight or so he thought. 

A knock on the front door startled him out of his thoughts, who managed to make it passed the gate and knock on the door. "Fives, don't stand around and stare. Open the door" Ahsoka urged the uniformed man, Fives rolled his eyes opening the door he found himself gawked at by four people. "You off to work uncle Fives?" The two voices were like a melody as Fives moved aside to let the four individuals into the house. 

"Fives! Who is it?" Rex called out coming around the corner only to gasp. He moved quickly wrapping one of the individuals up. "Wolffe!" Rex cried out gripping his brother tightly, Wolffe only chuckled slightly. He coughed into his hand but smiled. Rex sent him a look as he was sooner tackled by his nephews. Comet and Sinker jumped on their uncle. "I'm sorry we couldn't make the funeral, we just landed and thought we'd come down" a voice from beside Wolffe spoke up. Rex looked up to see a long time friend, "Howzer?" Ahsoka called from the doorway. Howzer looked up with a nod before Ahsoka launched for his chest. He laughed, hugging her tightly. "What's it been, Ahsoka?" "Twenty years give or take" she replied with a laugh as she dragged him away from Wolffe who smirked at his fiancé, Rex noticed the ring on his brother's hand and congratulated the two. Wolffe only nodded, "who proposed?" Fives asked, snapping out of his thoughts, Wolffe looked at him with a raised eyebrow and pointed at himself. "Ah okay, well can I get you anything?" Fives question was met by a blank stare. 

Instead of bickering since it wasn't the time, Fives took their coats and put them in the spare room beside the door. As soon as he made an appearance again he debated between ringing his friend or going to see his family. Thankfully the decision was made for him as Crosshair came over. "Fives would you mind if I got changed into my lounge wear?" Crosshair asked as he shivered in the suit he was wearing Fives shook his head leading his partner in crime upstairs to where Fives kept Crosshair's gear from last time. 

"I'll wait outside" Fives said, leaning against the wall, he knew Crosshair wouldn't take long and he trusted the marksman with his life. As usual he was right when Crosshair reappeared in his black sweatpants and what looked like Hunter's old hoodie. To be fair Fives was unsure if Crosshair even owned a hoodie since the marksman seemed to only wear Hunters. The marksman was still wearing his black trainers, he had only got away with them because Hunter would rather run a mile than argue with his pregnant husband.

The two left the room with smiles and headed downstairs together, Crosshair asked about if they had any leads and Fives promised to update him later when he went into work. The marksman nodded walking into the living room where the batch and others were around various parts of the room. Hera waved from her spot where she was playing battleships with Comet while Omega and Sinker seemed to be playing snakes and ladders. The girls may say they were too old but they couldn't say no to the 9 year old boys. 

Hunter lifted his head from where he was speaking to Cody and Obi-one who had arrived a little late. Cody had spoken with Fives earlier but the man in uniform insisted on coming into work later on. Obi-one just told Cody to leave it since Fives was already in his uniform. Echo smiled at his twin who made his way over to greet their guests. Echo was expecting Five's charming self but even he underestimated Fives happiness, the man was acting more rigid than Crosshair. 

Speaking of the marksman, he had been dragged to play snakes and ladders on the floor with Comet and Sinker since the girls were done and were playing with Wrecker in the back garden. Hunter watched amused as his husband was taught how to play, he watched Crosshair interact with the children and he couldn't wait for their family to expand. The smile on Crosshairs face was worth it.

"So, I heard from a little bird that you and Crosshair are having another one?" A voice only belonging to his old Captain from his side made him turn to see a smiling Howzer, "How are you doing?". Hunter smiled as he shook his hands with Howzer, he hadn't seen the man properly for about 13 years. "I'm alright. Yeah you heard right, Crosshair is pregnant with twins" Hunter said with a smile as he soon found himself watching Crosshair again. "You really love him don't you" Hunter could only nod as Howzer patted his shoulder before picking up Sinker who was pouting. The captain walked away dealing with the child while Wolffe watched amused from the kitchen. "He's never changed has he?" Ahsoka asked Wolffe who just shook his head as he watched his fiancé have words with Sinker, the little boy was quick to apologise and hug Howzer. The older man just patted his head and told him to run along. Wolffe smirked when Howzer appeared alongside him, the older man was baffled by Wolffe's children. One minute they were ready to blow up like a volcano the next they were as calm as a puddle of water. 

"Have fun?" Wolffe teased only to receive a prod in the side from Howzer who rolled his eyes while accepting the offered juice from Ahsoka. The young woman enjoying every moment of their teasing, she looked over her shoulder to see Fives now in the garden throwing Omega up into the air and catching her. Echo and Tech were watching with sceptical eyes at the man who couldn't care less as long as fun was the main priority.

"Uncle Fives, can we get the roller blades out?" Omega asked only to receive a shake of the head, "Not today girls. Maybe next time?". The two sulked but it quickly disappeared as Wrecker and the Wolffe twins ran outside and had what looked like a football. Hunter shook his head at his brother from where he stood in the doorway with Crosshair leaning against him. The marksman kept drifting off but wouldn't go lie down despite the others' insistence. 

Tech shook his head watching his family interact, he turned his head to see Crosshair had nodded off on Hunter's shoulder once again. The ex-sergeant just wrapped an arm around Crosshair to prevent him from falling. Echo gestured to the swing seat, Hunter just shook his head knowing if he moved Crosshair would wake and they would have a repeated cycle. Hunter didn't mind standing from where he was. 

"Hunter?" The man turned to see Sheila walking towards him with Ahsoka, he smiled at them. "Uncle Hunter?" Ahsoka cheekily said, realisation kicked in. Amber was related to Hunter. Looking down, Hunter noticed Crosshair was more awake than he was letting on, with a gentle nudge Crosshair moved so Hunter could wrap Ahsoka up in his arms. Tech lifted an arm from where he sat on one of the lounge chairs on the patio, Crosshair looked at Echo who gestured for him to go on. Crosshair smiled as he sat beside his twin and rested his head on Tech's chest for the time being. Tech didn't mind as it gave him something to do, in all honesty Tech was bored and uncomfortable. That was never a good thing so for Crosshair to be cuddled up beside him, it gave Tech something to do as in worry about his twin. Echo smirked seeing a sigh of relief leave Techs mouth, he winked at his husband to say he had him covered if he nodded off into the land of dreams too.

Two hours passed and soon enough the weather decided fun was over as it started to rain. Wrecker noticed the first drops and he turned to Hunter who only nodded. Wrecker and Fives had the job of getting four hyper kids into the house before the heavens opened. Thankfully they all listened and everyone moved back into the kitchen just on time as the rain poured. By this time Crosshair had moved into the spare lounge and was sleeping on the sofa with Tech. The older twins from Echo's point of view were exhausted not that the others could blame them. So it was up to Echo to check on them, Kix did the occasional check on the two since Crosshair was due his treatment soon. Hunter seemed to get the message and gestured that he had a drink so he and Crosshair would need a lift. Fives said he would happily give them a lift to the hospital. His eagerness to leave was starting to worry Echo. 

However, Rex and Ahsoka didn't really notice as they chatted with their friends and family. Soon things began to come to an end, it was decided just for safety. Anyone too exhausted or who had a drink could sleep in the spare rooms. Wolffe, Howzer and the kids stayed due to the weather. The oldest brother had accepted his old room back and the kids stayed in it while he and Howzer took a spare room. 

Those who left were only Obi-one and Cody. The two headed home since they had work in the morning. Fives had given Kix, Crosshair and Hunter a lift to the hospital; he said he would bring them back once they were done. Hera and Omega slept in a room opposite Wrecker, Echo and Tech. The house was so big that everyone, if they wanted, could have a room to themselves. 

During the night Wolffe found himself unable to sleep, so he headed down the stairs intending on getting a drink when he found a furious Echo standing opposite Rex and Ahsoka. "Tell me honesty and I want the truth. How long have you two been messing around behind Fives back?" Echo demanded to know, Wolffe made sure to lean against the shadows in the doorway. 

Ahsoka and Rex shared a look between each other, "Four months" Ahsoka admitted as she looked at the calendar. Echo glared at the two, a hand on his shoulder made him look up to see Wolffe, the older brother had a face that was unable to be read. "Caden, Ahsoka bed now. This will be discussed in the morning when we aren't all intoxicated" Wolffe's big brother tone came out, Rex knew not to argue as he walked away with Ahsoka. "Separate". Wolffe and Echo watched as the two listened to Wolffe and walked into separate rooms. The oldest shook his head as he coughed. Echo frowned at him, "I know you're protective over your twin but let me handle this. Just see if you can get through to Fives, it didn't take a child to notice something was more off with him today despite the circumstances. I think he knows" Wolffe patted Echos' shoulder as he grabbed a water bottle and headed back upstairs. 

A vibrate in his pocket alerted the police officer to his phone, he looked down to see Hunter had sent him a text. Opening it up, it read: 'C and I are sleeping at the hospital. Kix is staying too. Weather is horrendous. Fives stuck on something. See you in the morning :)'. Echo typed something back as he climbed into bed beside his sleeping husband. Tech only rolled over to cuddle into Echo's side once his love got settled. "Hunter?" The mumbled from Tech made him look up, "Yeah, he and Cross are staying at hospital due to weather" Echo's reply was met with a "um okay". As silence filled the room once again, the only noise was the rain hitting the window.

In all her life living with Rex and Fives, the house had never been so loud. Ahsoka was so use to the peaceful mornings that she forgot what it was like to live with lots of people, it reminded her of her service in the army. The young woman was still contemplating on how to approach the subject of Fives. Speaking of which, she made her way into the kitchen only to gasp when she saw the said man laughing and carrying on with Echo in the kitchen. Fives was cooking breakfast beside his twin who was showing him the correct way to make eggs but Fives wasn't having it. 

Crosshair and Hunter were there the two snuggled on one of the sofas beside a smirking Rex who enjoyed the interaction while it lasted. Since Wolffe had told him that there would be a small meeting in the kitchen consisting of Rex, Ahsoka, Fives and himself. Once the pack leader made an appearance. Omega and Hera were sitting at the table with Comet and Sinker enjoying their cereals while Howzer and Wolffe spoke in the next room about something the others could only guess.

The timer went signalling it was 08:00am, Echo looked towards the door as Tech came trudging into the room with a smiling Wrecker beside him. Hunter smirked at the two, he gestured for them to join them in the lounge. Wrecker wasted no time in getting his breakfast and then made his way over to his brother who had shifted the sleeping Crosshair into his lap so there was room. Wrecker nodded in thanks, he greeted his brother and started a morning conversation off.

Slowly but surely people started emerging from their bedrooms. Jesse looked hungover and all Rex could do was laugh but that was cut short as a familiar voice silenced the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 299 26
In which a genetically enhanced clone runs around a changed galaxy with her brothers and newfound little sister all while keeping a major secret in f...
21.7K 1K 35
During the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch is tasked with a variety of missions across the galaxy. An unexpected addition to their team throws a wrench in...
184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...
164K 5.1K 64
Order 66 has been initiated...And yet, the Bad Batch, besides Crosshair, are excluded from the ruthless act. When they return to Kamino, they learn t...