Within Seconds // Barry Allen

By xxwinterschildxx

[based on season one of The Flash] || book one of three || At the time Central City's own Barry Allen discove... More

College Run-Away
Seeing Stars
Surprises
Having a Good Heart
Not the Smartest
We Didn't Start the Fire
PDA Not Permitted
Interrogator Iris
Holding Out For a Hero
Wave Goodbye
Have I Told You I Ache?
Things You Can't Outrun
Breaking Free
Change My Mind
Look After You
Gone Girl
Truth In Words
Not Too Far Gone
Over Again
Misery Business
Send Me On My Way
Talking OTP
Misinterpreted
Involvement
Beside You
99 Problems- Drinking Ain't One
My Friends, My Friends
Wherever You Are
Moments Before The End
The Opposite of Rejoice
Power Outage
Pawns, Kings, Queens
Needed Seperation
Cold Heart
Thinking Out Loud
Stand By Me
Out of My League
A Night With an Archer
Night Changes
Emotion That's Taken Him Over
The Fast and Furious Parker
The End of a Visit
What I Like About You
An Unlikely Meeting Place
The Brave
The Bold
Okay For Now
Ring Exchange
Start of Something New
Make You Feel My Love
Christmas
New Years
Pushing the Limit
The Cold Truth
Let it Go
Closer
This Love
Crazy For You
Proud Family
Cartoon Characters
Chipotle Date
Unexpected Inmate
Home Is Wherever I'm With You
Whip It
Speedy
Sweet Victory
Confessions
Out of Time
The Inevitable End
One Problematic Deja Vu
Finally On Board
Out/In the Circle
Palmer and Smoak
Triple Date
Night of Distractions
Best Part: Pizza
Not My Allen
Back to Awkward
Deep Talks
If I Lose You
Inbetween
Strange Comebacks
Try Hard King Kong
Simple As This
Highs and Lows
Bad Move
The Charming Three
Family Meeting ft. Parker
Clever Girl Parker
Park and Cait's Day Off
Long Awaited Wedding
Forever Yours, Faithfully
Don't Dream It's Over «Finale»
Extra: 1
Extra: 2
Extra: 3
Extra: 4
Extra: 5
Final Extra for Within Seconds

Secrets Revealed

29.8K 1.4K 1.3K
By xxwinterschildxx

Parker's thought made a bell go off in Cisco's head.

He made Barry carry him to S.T.A.R. Labs first, then return for Caitlin and Parker.

By the time all four had made it to the Cortex, Cisco had his presentation ready.

"After the Accelerator blew, I made a 3D model of S.T.A.R Labs so I could pinpoint what exactly caused the eruption."

"And you've never ran this test?" Barry wondered.

"Of course I did. I just never had any reason to look anywhere besides the Cortex or Accelerator ring. It's a big building, there's lots of places for Wells to hide something."

Cisco clicked through slides by pressing the space button. On one slide, a red box flashed, and he stopped the continuous clicking. On one level of S.T.A.R. Labs, there was a hidden room in the wall.

"That should not be there," Cisco pointed out.

Cisco grabbed a device from the storage cabinet. Parker, Barry, and Caitlin followed behind him as he flashed the walls with the device, steady beeping transferring through the headphones on his head. At a certain spot, he stopped.

"Right here. I'm picking up.. Tachyons?"

Barry touched the wall carefully, running his hands over the smooth surface.

"Wouldn't Dr.Wells have some sort of passcode? Or a way to only have his hand be recognized? I think he would be a lot smarter than having the door open by just pushing--"

Barry's hand waved over a portion of the wall. The moment his hand touched, it sent blue waves throughout the sectioned wall, breaking it apart into two. He looked at Parker in shock.

"I honestly didn't think it would work," Barry said.

"Okay, then what if he has lasers, or something that could kill us if we walked in--" Parker stopped talking, throwing her hands in the air in frustration.

Cisco, Caitlin, and Barry walked straight into the room, without any hesitation.

Parker grumbled swear words under her breath and followed, the door shutting behind her.

Lights flashed on when she passed a certain point, illuminating the secret room, but also revealing another piece of evidence against Harrison Wells: the Reverse-Flash suit.

"Oh, my God," Caitlin breathed.

Barry and Parker looked around in suspicion of everything.

Parker started towards the stand at the end of the room, wanting to find out its purpose. About three feet away from it, a tiny noise sounded. The stand lit up, projecting a newspaper on the wall.

THE CENTRAL CITY CITIZEN

APRIL 25TH 2024

FLASH MISSING VANISHES IN CRISIS

In the center, an insanely clear picture of the Flash was posted. The first thing that stuck out to Parker was the white background of his emblem. It looked fabulous, as did the brighter red suit, instead of crimson.

"Um, don't be alarmed," Parker said cautiously. "But I think you guys should come check this out."

Barry walked to her, his shoulder pressing against her from his close proximity. His fingers laced through hers as he read. "'After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own scarlet speedster disappeared in an explosion of light?'"

"Barry, look at the date," Caitlin breathed.

Parker didn't need to look, having already noticed and comprehended that. The section of the article she couldn't wrap her head around was the person who had wrote it.

"Okay, I'm really digging the red suit," Cisco said. He gasped. "Wait, does that mean we change the suit now? Like we got the idea from seeing this? Because that would mean we're living in a causal nexus!" Cisco ran his fingers through his hair. "This is so trippy.."

Parker slid her hand away from Barry, unexplainable emotions filling her heavy heart. "What's trippy is the author."

"Iris West..Allen?" Barry breathed. He turned to Parker, his hand reaching out to her, eyes set in confusion.

"I'm proud she hyphenated," Parker announced, trying to avoid any comfort from Barry. She wasn't going to show any negative emotions in front of Barry or her friends.

"Mozel tov?" Cisco asked.

"Hebrew. Ancient Jewish language."

Caitlin, in fright, grabbed Parker's arm as another voice rang out from above.

"What the hell was that?" Cisco yelled.

"Is someone there?" Barry asked. "Hello?"

"Good evening, Barry Allen," the voice responded.

"Parker, why does it sound like you?" Cisco whispered to her. Parker shrugged.

Barry looked around the room. "You know who I am?"

"Of course. Barry Allen, director of the Central City Police, CSI division."

"Guess you get a promotion," Cisco said.

The voice continued. "Also known as the Flash."

His eyebrow raised, Barry turned to Parker, ready to get reprimanded for something that big. He knew her panic over the whole secret identity.

"Why did I even try to tell you to hide your secret identity? Your big mouth probably told the entire world.." Parker said flatly. Her voice, her body language had gone monotone and uninterested.

Barry pursed his lips and took a step for Parker, a speech forming in his head. However, the voice above wanted to keep talking.

"Founding member of-"

Barry cut in over the voice. "What are you?"

"I am Gideon. Interactive artificial intelligence."

"An A.I. I've always wanted one of those," Parker said.

"Do you know Dr.Wells?" Barry wondered.

"Yes."

"Do you know who he is?"

"I don't understand the question."

"I mean, why is he here?"

"To kill you."

Cisco glanced at Parker, seeming to be the only one curious about who Gideon actually sounded like. "Barry, can you ask why she sounds like Parker?"

"You heard him, Gideon," Barry said.

There was a pause. Gideon changed from being just a voice from above into a projection. Her body appeared above the podium, tinted a blue/grey color, little to no defining traits besides her face.

Parker's mouth dropped open, surprised at how much Gideon's face resembled her own. The shape, lips, noise, smile.. Everything resembled Parker almost exactly.

"My creator shaped my looks and my voice in tribute to a Parker Elizabeth Sylas."

There was an interruption by a beeping device, holding anyone from asking why or who the creator was.

"Dr.Wells is in the building," Cisco announced.

"How do you know?"

"I put a tracker on his wheelchair. Which, if we're wrong about him and he is paralyzed, I'm going to hell for. He's in the Cortex, ask questions fast."

"Why did he kill Nora Allen?" Barry spit out.

"Because he was angry."

"Angry about what?"

"That you escaped."

"What does he want from me?"

"To see you become the Flash."

"Maybe that's why he let the Accelerator explode," Caitlin said.

"He's almost here, we have to go," Cisco urgently interrupted. He took Caitlin's hand and started walking.

Barry reached for Parker's hand, but she smoothly tucked her hands into her jacket pocket, pretending like she didn't notice his reach for her.

"What if she tells Dr.Wells we were here?" Parker cautioned.

"Try to get me into her operating system, I can try to dismantle the core and keep her from telling," Cisco said. He shoved his gear into Caitlin's hand and stood ready.

"Gideon, can you show us your operating system?" Barry asked.

Parker smirked. "And not even a first date.."

Gideon's operating system was advanced in a futuristic way, too intricate for Cisco to even begin. He shook his head.

"Yeah, nope, that's not going to happen."

"Gideon, could you just, like, not tell him we were here?" Barry asked, hands clasped together in hope.

"Yes, Barry Allen. I will accept any command given to me by you."

Parker gripped Barry's arm and started dragging him to the door. They were running out of time, yet Barry continued to shout questions.

"Why? Why would you accept any command by me?"

"Because you created me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 65.9K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...
174K 3.7K 40
[Season 1] What would happen if Barry Allen wasn't the only one that got struck by lightning? What if there was another speedster? ~~~~~~~ Riley is t...
267K 6K 21
"I'd say it's a pleasure, but now I'm topless!" A story in which a girl moves to Central City and becomes something she never would have imagined...